Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Try linking to a video that's actually avaliable then!

To add to the Ho/Mizukage thing, the ninjas named after the ninja ranks in Naruto are named wrong, "Juunin" should be "Jonin", so the person behind that couldn't even get that right.

Also why do you fight the ranks in reverse order? Jonin are one of the best, then you fight Chuunin who are basically foot soldiers, and then Genin, basically freshly graduated shmucks? And the Hokage is protected by GENIN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

In Gen 1, they had 110 special, 60 defense, and 65 in two stats and 130 in another. The special split introduced the 95.

So it's been a thing for the entire series.

Flareon drew the short straw and got the 110 in Sp. Def while Vaporeon and Jolteon got it in Sp. Atk

rip Flareon, even in the most minor things you get screwed

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like the idea of Eevee turning into a "safe" nuclear type, even if the type itself is kind of busted.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Endorph posted:

that isn't what a shogun is

Maybe he meant Sho Nuff. His guys seem pretty ninja-y.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 7, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Look out Doomguy! Duke Nukem's the one with the BFG this time! :unsmigghh:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Glazius posted:

I do like the idea of Eevee turning into a "safe" nuclear type, even if the type itself is kind of busted.

The pokedex entry says that the only reason it doesn't gut you and eat your entrails is because it remembers being your friend as an eevee.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I'm surprised they just give you a Razor Fang, considering how weirdly stingy Gamefreak themselves are with both it and the Razor Claw.

ohmygorgon
Jul 13, 2016
Despite the reference to Naruto, Surf Ninjas is probably the best thing going for Uranium in quite some time.

It's also kind of weird to see a gen 6 Pokemon in sprite form, but I guess they have to do that for Mega Evolutions too. Are those already out there for like Showdown or something, or did the creator have to make them?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Kurieg posted:

The pokedex entry says that the only reason it doesn't gut you and eat your entrails is because it remembers being your friend as an eevee.

That's cute, won't lie.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
I actually really like the nuclear eevee's design, which is something I can't say about just about anything in Uranium. It looks like an old vector tank game like Battlefield.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EDIT: Dancing too close to the spoiler policy, I'd rather not.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Kurieg posted:

Pairs up nicely with Sylveon's SuMo entries, at least. :v: (Also I don't know if that's hilariously edgy or morbid-cute, given actual entries include things like "Gengar kills people because it's lonely".)

And yes, the Eeveelution that makes every normal move Stab 4x damage can learn to scream real good. By level-up. It's obscene.

E: yeah, the design's only alright compared to the majority of the awful that populates Uranium's dex. It's at best mediocre as a stand-alone.

Like Clockwork fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 7, 2017

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Nucleon is just a Sylveon fueled by bullshit"Nuclear." A titanic variety of moves, most of which are now boosted AND x4 effective against most other Pokemon, on a thing with over 100 base Special Attack? Really?

The design is kinda iffy too in my opinion.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

No, alternate evolution.

Megas don't add anything to the pokedex or I'd sorta get stuck on never seeing Mega Metalynx.

the alternate evo also does a swell job of highlighting how goddamn weird uranium's overall design theme is compared to canon pokemon

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

Nucleon is just a Sylveon fueled by bullshit"Nuclear." A titanic variety of moves, most of which are now boosted AND x4 effective against most other Pokemon, on a thing with over 100 base Special Attack? Really?

Welcome to the only nuclear type in the game worth using, and it's capable of using quick attack and explosion as well.

Most nuclear type pokemon are crap because there's only 3 nonexclusive nuclear damaging attacks and those are crap because they cap at 60 power and most of the pokemon who use them use the wrong attack stat for it.

Nucleon gets everything the others don't, Speed, Power and move variety that the other need but lack.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shiva Asori posted:

Welcome to the only nuclear type in the game worth using, and it's capable of using quick attack and explosion as well.

Most nuclear type pokemon are crap because there's only 3 nonexclusive nuclear damaging attacks and those are crap because they cap at 60 power and most of the pokemon who use them use the wrong attack stat for it.

Nucleon gets everything the others don't, Speed, Power and move variety that the other need but lack.

Also the ability to always use a move instead of the "loafing around" dice rolls.

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Do I want to know what "Geiger Sense" does?
Nope, it's complete crap because having it means you basically only get STAB on nuclear's equivalent of ember.

You know, instead of it's bread and butter, hyper voice with a 30% boost before STAB and Weakneses.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
Something I've been meaning to do for a while. Someone mentioned that Nuclear Arbok has a biohazard symbol on it's chest.

I gave it the true Biohazard symbol.

And one that's got the original colors just because.

Sorry they're small, resizing them made them look like complete crap.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Energizate and Atomizate are the things that bugged me the most by a mile in that update. Not the abilities themselves; just their names. What's wrong with Energize and Atomize???

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dragonatrix posted:

Energizate and Atomizate are the things that bugged me the most by a mile in that update. Not the abilities themselves; just their names. What's wrong with Energize and Atomize???

Naming convention because all the other versions of that ability had -ate at the end.

Then Sun and Moon broke that "pattern" because Normalizeate and Galvanizeate would have sounded really dumb.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

gently caress off, Surf Ninjas is amazing. It's easily Rob Schneider's best movie and Leslie Nielsen's 5th best movie (which is still pretty good)

This is correct but man is assassins a bad song.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Naming convention because all the other versions of that ability had -ate at the end.

Then Sun and Moon broke that "pattern" because Normalizeate and Galvanizeate would have sounded really dumb.

See I kind of have sympathy for Energizate cause it's obvious that what happened is someone came up with "Energize" as the perfect name then was wracked with guilt over it not ending in -ate.

There's no goddamn excuse for Atomizate when Radiate would have worked fine.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Didn't the Skitty family have Normalize in gen 3?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ibblebibble posted:

Didn't the Skitty family have Normalize in gen 3?

Yeah, but its a different kind of ability. No power boost for one.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hi OFS here is a picture of your fursona

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Poked my head back into Uranium fanart and...

Heh - the Gijinka scene is alive and well, even for fangames, it seems

Still waiting for a Rock-type Eeveelution though

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Still waiting for a Rock-type Eeveelution though

You obviously get those in the safari zone.

Encounter an eevee and throw a rock at it.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

An alternate evolution for Spritzee? I know nothing of Uranium outside of this thread and yet somehow I already know exactly what this fucker is going to be.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Yeah, but its a different kind of ability. No power boost for one.

Sun and Moon gave it the 30% 20% power boost that the other type changing abilities have, so it's pretty much a different version of those now. It's still a pretty terrible ability.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

This is the only Spritzee alternate evolution I will ever accept. (Source)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Diakatuna is an amazing name

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

senrath posted:

It's available in the US, and unavailability in other countries is something that's kinda hard to check for.

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_bbNmXMLImg :colbert:

Geemer fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 7, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Dr. Fetus posted:

Sun and Moon gave it the 30% 20% power boost that the other type changing abilities have, so it's pretty much a different version of those now. It's still a pretty terrible ability.

It also debuted in Gen IV, to harp on a small detail.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nucleon is just kinda bland, but it is still way better than the rest of the nuclear Pokemon, which isn't saying much. I would have preferred if the green bits were stuck to it and if didn't have the third eye.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Now you have the small nuclear boy who can shout the world to death.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HardDiskD posted:

Nucleon is just kinda bland, but it is still way better than the rest of the nuclear Pokemon, which isn't saying much. I would have preferred if the green bits were stuck to it and if didn't have the third eye.
Something like this perhaps?

He looks quite done with everything

Not enough art for Theo either

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

PMush Perfect posted:

This is the only Spritzee alternate evolution I will ever accept. (Source)

as I said before
knowing what the Uranium evolution looks like, it shows that the game creator had a strong disagreement with Nintendo on this one

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the surf ninjas are great, and legit a good way to make a water route more memorable than 'it is a water route with swimmers who use fish'. it's a stupid idea but it's a fun stupid idea and they poke it with the exact amount of frequency to make sure it doesn't overstay its welcome. one encounter to suddenly bring the idea, one to establish 'yes, this is a thing that happens here', one to conclude the concept, and then they just go away.

they don't do surfers enough anyway. have they...have they EVER done surfers on water routes? it seems so obvious and yet i can't recall them, just swimmers.

...they do have surfers in Alola right? surely they have surfboarding in the region based on the place that like invented the sport

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

...they do have surfers in Alola right? surely they have surfboarding in the region based on the place that like invented the sport

Alolan Raichu surfs on its own tail. :v:

I don't recall there being an actual Surfer NPC trainer class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Keksen posted:

Alolan Raichu surfs on its own tail. :v:

I don't recall there being an actual Surfer NPC trainer class.

That's basically why I started using him, breaking my self imposed restriction on only using new gen Pokemon in each game. He sort of counts?

• Locked thread