Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/850237697390125056

E: This pug kills fascists

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Solemn Sloth posted:

Depends how much it costs them to replace planes and runways.

Well at around $22M ea for a MiG 29 that doesnt take much to get value for money on their missiles.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
You can't put a price on the satisfaction of bombing Browns. Stop trying to bring money into this you fools

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Nuke everything to ensure maximum returns imo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

You can't put a price on the satisfaction of bombing Browns. Stop trying to bring money into this you fools

Yeah. The important thing is that Mighty Whitey blew some poo poo up that belonged to other people. Slightly browner people with weird foreign names.

Something something manifest destiny.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't we just do the usual thing and throw wave after wave of Americans at the problem until they lose and it goes away?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
We've got to post our own troops along with the Americans otherwise the Americans won't defend us when some other country invades. BWAH-HAH-HA.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

We've got to post our own troops along with the Americans otherwise the Americans won't defend us when some other country invades. BWAH-HAH-HA.

You could argue we're already an occupied country. By the Yanks :toot:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Ferremit posted:

Well at around $22M ea for a MiG 29 that doesnt take much to get value for money on their missiles.

especially considering the relative buying power of syria vs the US

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Can't we just do the usual thing and throw wave after wave of Americans at the problem until they lose and it goes away?

It usually keeps the Americans quiet for about a decade after a defeat before they get the idea again that they can win a conflict.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You Am I posted:

It usually keeps the Americans quiet for about a decade after a defeat before they get the idea again that they can win a conflict.

What they really need is a good war against some space nazis from the moon.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Any war that has Laibach for a soundtrack is fine by me :colbert:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The US fired 59 expensive missiles at an airfield that was empty, because they informed the Russians of the strike beforehand so they could get out of the way, and the Russians promptly informed the Syrians, who emptied the place out of people and targets of value.

The ALP is essentially endorsing the defunding of the US National Endowment for the Arts to fund the replacement missiles.

They'll make more missiles, which'll keep a bunch of Americans employed and help slightly boost their economy :911:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Heard on ABC radio: Turnbull lecturing Russia on responsibility. :ughh:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

No threats of a shirtfronting? Not my prime minister. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

They'll make more missiles, which'll keep a bunch of Americans employed and help slightly boost their economy :911:

Should I really be surprised that Australia beats out the second largest military in NATO in getting into the top defence spendings?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DancingShade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6BaujmeF_4

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

DancingShade posted:

Yeah. The important thing is that Mighty Whitey blew some poo poo up that belonged to other people. Slightly browner people with weird foreign names.

Something something manifest destiny.

This is how you play Victoria 2 fyi

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Should I really be surprised that Australia beats out the second largest military in NATO in getting into the top defence spendings?
Italy? They also count the police as military, so that's not an apples for apples comparison. The USA, France, Germany, and Turkey each have more regular military in service.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I meant Turkey actually, who don't even manage to get into the top 15.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it will never cease to fascinate me how saudi arabia spends so much on the military yet the houthis keep loving them up

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It always helps to remind ourselves of the simple truth:

There is always more and it is always worse, in America.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

It always helps to remind ourselves of the simple truth:

There is always more and it is always worse, in America.

That may be true but our local right wing nutjobs (and centrist "left wing" flunkies) do like to copy all the worst ideas from our Big Brother overseas.

Give it 5-10 years before it comes over here. Maybe Bernardi should take another trip to the states for some more ideas.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Five hundred and ninety eight billion loving dollars.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
bubbbbbbbllleeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb1JEhoCXDg

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The best way to deal with this nuclear bomb is to pad it with nice soft mattresses. That will lessen the blow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DancingShade posted:

That may be true but our local right wing nutjobs (and centrist "left wing" flunkies) do like to copy all the worst ideas from our Big Brother overseas.

Give it 5-10 years before it comes over here. Maybe Bernardi should take another trip to the states for some more ideas.

I dunno, I like to think there's some poo poo they'd never try.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

JBP posted:

Five hundred and ninety eight billion loving dollars.

https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/850317898711257089

:unsmigghh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

I dunno, I like to think there's some poo poo they'd never try.

Give it time mate, give it time.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I can't help but think we are really reaching here, like a little kid who want's everyone to believe their Dad is a superhero.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-07/counter-terrorism-police-join-investigation-into-fatal-stabbing/8425580

quote:

Queanbeyan stabbing: Counter-terrorism police investigate fatal rampage Updated about an hour ago

Physical evidence found at the scene of a fatal stabbing at a Queanbeyan petrol station has suggested the attack was terrorism related, NSW Police have said.

Key points:

A service station attendant was fatally stabbed
Second man has serious stab wounds, third attacked with tyre iron, fourth bashed with beer bottle
Two teenage boys have been arrested
NSW Police Joint Terrorism Unit now investigating
Two boys, aged 15 and 16, allegedly entered the service station in the early hours of Friday morning and stabbed Pakistani-born 29-year-old employee Zeeshan Akbar.

Emergency services were first alerted by an employee when he arrived at work about midnight to find his co-worker suffering serious stab wounds. Mr Akbar died at the scene and Queanbeyan police said his co-worker was "obviously very shaken". The alleged offenders had become locked inside the store and allegedly smashed their way out a window to escape. Police said the two teenagers were arrested following a police chase about 6:30am. Mr Akbar was one of four victims in a violent rampage that crossed the ACT-NSW border allegedly carried out by the two teens. NSW Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn said evidence pointed to the attack being terror-related. She said the investigation involves NSW Police, the Australian Federal Police, ASIO and the Crime Commission. She also reassured the public during an afternoon press conference that there was "no imminent attack".

Police believe only one of the boys, the 16-year-old, is linked to terrorism, but both are known to police. Ms Burn said the information was received through sources and other information.

Friends grieve 'nicest person'

Friends have been shocked by the violent attack, saying Mr Akbar was a kind and calm person. Mr Akbar's friend Mohammed Shahnawaz went to the scene on Friday to pay his respects, along with a group of men who knew the victim. "Can you believe how bad it is for their family back home in Pakistan?" Mr Shahnawaz said. The men were shaking their heads, trying to understand why the victim had been targeted and said they condemned the attack. Queanbeyan residents have also stopped at the petrol station to lay flowers. Residents there said it was unlike Queanbeyan to witness such a crime. Natania Copp said Mr Akbar served her last night and she was shocked when she learned of his death on Friday morning. "It just hit me in the chest and I was there last night and I didn't know who it was at the time, I just said please, please, please don't let it be my favourite guy," Ms Copp said. "That's why I brought flowers here today just to let the family know that your son was the nicest person that I'd ever met behind a counter."

Local police reassure residents their community is safe

Monaro police commander Superintendent Rod Smith said it appeared the pair, from Queanbeyan, had also been involved in a series of "absolutely horrific" attacks nearby overnight. That allegedly included stabbing another man in the abdomen. He was taken to Canberra Hospital in a serious but stable condition. Police said another man was bashed with a tyre iron in an aggravated break and enter, while yet another was hit with a beer bottle in a nearby park. The pair was also allegedly involved in another attempted robbery at Oaks Estate in the ACT. "It doesn't need to be said but it doesn't get much more serious than this," Superintendent Smith said. "We'd just like to reassure everybody that there are two people that we believe are involved and both of those people are currently in custody."

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull also spoke of the attack, saying the circumstances raised "sufficient concern" to warrant the involvement of the joint counter-terrorism police team. Mr Turnbull said the crime "is shocking and a matter which underlines many of the concerns we have raised in this field". The teenagers are yet to be charged but are expected to face court in the ACT on Saturday morning. Investigators are seeking to extradite the teenagers to NSW, where they will be charged over the fatal stabbing and three other assaults.

OK you poo poo smears can we at least get the narrative straight. On the one hand if this is a terror attack (lol) Then:

1/Someone in the massive terror detection apparatus with so many extraordinary powers that were obtained to prevent these things hosed up royally.
2/You can't declare residents safe when you, failed to detect or stop an attack.

And if it wasn't/isn't a terror attack why are we kicking off with TERROR TERROR Oooooooo.....oooooooOOO Boggie Boggie as our first port of call?

Teenagers known to police do dumb destructive poo poo all the time. If these are the best terror assets we can find then maybe we should stop looking. Compare this response to the response to the Swedish truck attack where the Swedish Prime Minister

quote:

Earlier he had vowed that the Swedish people would stand firm in the face of any threat. 'Terrorists want us to be afraid, want us to change our behaviour, want us to not live our lives normally, but that is what we're going to do. 'So terrorists can never defeat Sweden, never,' he said.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 8, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Cartoon you've played this game long enough. The only thing needed for a terror attack is someone brown. There doesn't even need to be an attack.

---------------------

While we're talking about scary brown people, no one mention the brown people.

https://twitter.com/shanebazzi/status/850521856226586624

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Catherine Burn was carefully qualifying her statements with "what we would argue is a terrorism-related modus operandi". Then said there was no danger to the public. That's a bow so long it's about to snap. If you can make that kind of tangential connection for any crime we may as well make everything terrorism-related.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC posted:

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has described the nation's foreign aid budget as important to Australia's international diplomacy efforts, amid calls to halt funds flowing overseas in the wake of natural disasters in Queensland and New South Wales.

Outspoken Nationals MP George Christensen has argued Queenslanders dealing with the aftermath of Tropical Cyclone Debbie are struggling to access Government support payments.

"It's an absolute insult to people who have already suffered horrendous losses to then be abandoned by those who are supposed to help," Mr Christensen said in a statement.

"People had their homes blown to pieces, flooded, and left without electricity for more than 10 days but have been denied disaster relief funding.

"Meanwhile, they hear on the news that Australia has just committed another $320 million in foreign aid to Afghanistan."

Mr Turnbull did not comment directly on Mr Christensen's demands, but said Australia was "a generous and responsible foreign aid donor".

"It is a very important part of our international diplomacy, it's a very important part of our role as a responsible and effective global citizen," the Prime Minister said

"The floods in Queensland have been shocking, and indeed in New South Wales.

"Substantial relief has always been paid by the Commonwealth Government and state governments for disaster relief."

Mr Christensen argued some disaster-relief payments had not been made available to those hit by the cyclone, which range from $5,000 for not-for-profit organisations to $25,000 for farmers.

"Until this is sorted, not one dollar should be spent on foreigners."

He suggested the foreign community would understand the need to prioritise the recovery effort.

Mr Christensen's National party colleague Kevin Hogan made similar calls on Friday. His electorate of Page includes flood-ravaged areas of northern New South Wales.

"We give this money to countries at times when they have problems," he said.

"Well we have our own. I think charity in these cases should begin at home. Once areas like ours have been rebuilt and repaired after a natural disaster, obviously we can resume foreign aid."

I'm not bolding any of that, it's all stupid false equivalence bullshit. If you're so worried about people up there not getting money give them yours you piece of poo poo.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Bogan King posted:

I'm not bolding any of that, it's all stupid false equivalence bullshit. If you're so worried about people up there not getting money give them yours you piece of poo poo.

This is a meme my bogan acquaintances have been peddling.

Our nation is literally run by an animated A Current Affair comments section

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I hate that poo poo as well.

My response when really pushed is: Australia is a rich nation, we can both afford to look after our own citizens and provide financial help for people overseas.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Bogan King posted:

He usually argues people up there should be given less money. https://www.dalbyherald.com.au/news/dawson-mp-get-rid-of-the-dole/3066644/

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Right now there's ~25 dinguses protesting in the middle of Murray St Mall in Perth. They're wearing Guy Fawkes masks, standing in a square back-to-back, some are holding signs which say TRUTH and others are holding laptops which are playing some kind of video but of course you can't see it in the glare of the sun. None of them are talking or interacting with people. Basically the demonstration I've ever seen as I have no fuckin clue what their message is. Anyone have an idea?

There's also a cop car and a wagon there with four cops standing around looking bemused and bored.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

cheese-cube posted:

Right now there's ~25 dinguses protesting in the middle of Murray St Mall in Perth. They're wearing Guy Fawkes masks, standing in a square back-to-back, some are holding signs which say TRUTH and others are holding laptops which are playing some kind of video but of course you can't see it in the glare of the sun. None of them are talking or interacting with people. Basically the demonstration I've ever seen as I have no fuckin clue what their message is. Anyone have an idea?

There's also a cop car and a wagon there with four cops standing around looking bemused and bored.

Saw them the other day in Sydney and I'm pretty sure it's PETA or something protesting animal cruelty.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Palestinian speaker has visa cancelled as apparently speech can hurt people

Bet the 18c crowd slaughter Dutton for this :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I voted in the by-election for Gosford.There was no sausage.

Violent revolution now.

• Locked thread