Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some links for more info about it:

Accessing Iokath
PvP on Iokath
Picking a faction on Iokath (hint - Imperial)

Also recently on Dulfy: SWTOR Tyth Operation PTS Videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Aleth posted:

(hint - Imperial)

See how the story goes...I want to go Empire but I really want Elara Dorne as a companion. One of my favorite comps stuck with my least favorite class.

Hopefully the Empire isn't cartoonishly evil. It's too bad Saresh got unceremoniously dumped, it would have been a neat twist to see the Republic go all fascist. For the greater good!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

How's the new content? Worth resubbing for?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

How's the new content? Worth resubbing for?

ARE YOU POSTING FROM THE FUTURE ASKING ABOUT THE CONTENT THAT COMES OUT NEXT TUESDAY??? WHAT IS THE FUTURE LIKE

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

ARE YOU POSTING FROM THE FUTURE ASKING ABOUT THE CONTENT THAT COMES OUT NEXT TUESDAY??? WHAT IS THE FUTURE LIKE

Oh you just said tuesday, and reading your posts is all the news i follow about this dead gay game anymore so I thought it was this tuesday

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh you just said tuesday, and reading your posts is all the news i follow about this dead gay game anymore so I thought it was this tuesday

Aww you are my stalker.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

But on a side note, I think it will be a fun little side expansion with a cool story, but I don't know how repeatable it will be.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Well, looking over the SWTOR forums to see what's being said, for as many people were frothing at the mouth raging over the Alliance existing and wanting to go back to purely Imperial vs Republic, now there's about just as many raging in full over wanting to keep their Alliance and not go back to Imperial vs Republic. This pretty much proves yet again that no matter what happens, someone's going to be spitting a full on tantrum.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Maybe Bioware should stop catering to forum whiners and create some kind of vision for the game and stick with it, like keeping the original Tracer Missile they designed themselves and launched the game with.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man and you had actually posted some good posts with decent content and now it's back to this stupidity.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Also the irony of literally being a forum whiner

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

Maybe Bioware should stop catering to forum whiners and create some kind of vision for the game and stick with it, like keeping the original Tracer Missile they designed themselves and launched the game with.

I thought you'd changed, man. I thought you'd grown and realised and understood. I thought we were friends, putting the past behind us. Laying waste to those dreams of animation, to the good times we had, the simpler times.

Now I know. Now I've come to see the truth behind the facade. It was never about us. It was never about healing. It was never even about the tracer missile animation. Sure the words might have been there and anyone else reading them might have seen a simple, if oft repeated request. "Why does he want a tracer missile animation?" they might wonder.

It's what's lurking there between the lines. It's not the animation. It's the carefree attitude that once was so vibrant in our world. "The happiness of youth" they call it but they don't get it. One minute you're immersed in a game. you're smiling and enjoying and have lost yourself in the world. You're that rogue, that bounty hunter, that hero, that champion. Then a change comes that you could not predict and the world darkens just a little.

Every time you play it again you are about to get involved when the change disrupts the play. The way you were is the way you can no longer be. It's a stark reminder. It's a hole where once there was nothing but joy and nothing can bring it back. Sure, the change could be reverted, but it won't be the same. You'll be reminded that there have been changes to your fantasy egg and nothing will put the shell back together the way it was.

This is the sad truth of the tracer missile animation.

I think we can all relate.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.
You can now use Quick Travel while located inside ship hangers.

Well that only took forever.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

How do I uninstall this game fully? There are two entries for this game in the Windows 10 "Apps & features" list, and no matter what I do there is always one left over. I tried uninstalling from this list the first time, but there was one left over, so I reinstalled and then ran the uninstaller from the Start Menu instead and the same thing happened. Now to be clear, the game itself is uninstalling - the hard drive space is freed up and the install location is empty, but the left over entry in the apps list makes my palms sweat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

owl_pellet posted:

How do I uninstall this game fully? There are two entries for this game in the Windows 10 "Apps & features" list, and no matter what I do there is always one left over. I tried uninstalling from this list the first time, but there was one left over, so I reinstalled and then ran the uninstaller from the Start Menu instead and the same thing happened. Now to be clear, the game itself is uninstalling - the hard drive space is freed up and the install location is empty, but the left over entry in the apps list makes my palms sweat.

Try using CCleaner, that should clean up any errant entries.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Medullah posted:

Try using CCleaner, that should clean up any errant entries.

That did it, thanks.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

VideoGames posted:

I thought you'd changed, man. I thought you'd grown and realised and understood. I thought we were friends, putting the past behind us. Laying waste to those dreams of animation, to the good times we had, the simpler times.

Now I know. Now I've come to see the truth behind the facade. It was never about us. It was never about healing. It was never even about the tracer missile animation. Sure the words might have been there and anyone else reading them might have seen a simple, if oft repeated request. "Why does he want a tracer missile animation?" they might wonder.

It's what's lurking there between the lines. It's not the animation. It's the carefree attitude that once was so vibrant in our world. "The happiness of youth" they call it but they don't get it. One minute you're immersed in a game. you're smiling and enjoying and have lost yourself in the world. You're that rogue, that bounty hunter, that hero, that champion. Then a change comes that you could not predict and the world darkens just a little.

Every time you play it again you are about to get involved when the change disrupts the play. The way you were is the way you can no longer be. It's a stark reminder. It's a hole where once there was nothing but joy and nothing can bring it back. Sure, the change could be reverted, but it won't be the same. You'll be reminded that there have been changes to your fantasy egg and nothing will put the shell back together the way it was.

This is the sad truth of the tracer missile animation.

I think we can all relate.

It's the same emptiness I feel with the new ravage animation, it's all so clear now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

Man and you had actually posted some good posts with decent content and now it's back to this stupidity.

Our little buddy made a guest appearance in the GBS incel thread, and I gotta tell you everything makes a lot more sense to me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fruit on the bottom posted:

Our little buddy made a guest appearance in the GBS incel thread, and I gotta tell you everything makes a lot more sense to me.

Holy poo poo this is why I stick to only my bookmarked threads nowadays.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I checked it out of curiosity and there's about 5 pages in his post history alone in that thread, what happened

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Notes from the live stream. Nothing too spectacular, but CXP rates are staying "Mostly the same" on Tuesday - less from missions, more from mobs.

Sometime soon (not Tuesday) you'll be able to trade Command Tokens for 230 set pieces, which is nice. No idea on cost.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Ainsley McTree posted:

I checked it out of curiosity and there's about 5 pages in his post history alone in that thread, what happened

Let's see if I can get this thread gassed too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Notes from the live stream. Nothing too spectacular, but CXP rates are staying "Mostly the same" on Tuesday - less from missions, more from mobs.

Sometime soon (not Tuesday) you'll be able to trade Command Tokens for 230 set pieces, which is nice. No idea on cost.

Nifty, and is that a new tank ride I see in the new pack?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Aw man, I didn't realize it got gassed. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Nifty, and is that a new tank ride I see in the new pack?

Looks that way. And a new Pokemon to add to my deck.

Nonentity has been awful quiet in this thread. Come back, we miss you!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aw man, I didn't realize it got gassed. :(

It was a bad thread.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

but CXP rates are staying "Mostly the same" on Tuesday

Good. I thought legacy bound Unassembled Components was coming this patch though.

Is the thing where Set Bonus odds increase the closer you get to the end of tier happening? Tier 1 was great to my Merc but Tier 2 has been a wasteland.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It was a bad thread.

Man every time you post I'm hypnotized hearing "Good person" repeatedly for a good 20-30 seconds. What is thy bidding, my master?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Good. I thought legacy bound Unassembled Components was coming this patch though.

Is the thing where Set Bonus odds increase the closer you get to the end of tier happening? Tier 1 was great to my Merc but Tier 2 has been a wasteland.

Yep! The higher you are in your Tier, the better chance you have of getting set pieces. So don't open any packs you get until Tuesday!

Also, at GC rank 300 EVERY box will have a set piece - they are adding "lower upper" tier blue pieces that will have set piece armorings and likely garbage mods like always. But still, 100% chance is nice.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Looks that way. And a new Pokemon to add to my deck.

Nonentity has been awful quiet in this thread. Come back, we miss you!

Dude, I'm always here. Watching. Lurking.

But yeah, I've been super busy making stuff for SWTOR. Some cool things coming soon, I hope you enjoy playing them as much as I did making them.

Once I can post some screenshots or something I will. Right now I am busy getting ready for Star Wars Celebration in Orlando next week. Then it'll be back to making pretty pretty pixels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Can you fly me out to celebration as your date?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Can you fly me out to celebration as your date?

Depends.

...on your stance regarding tracer missiles.

nonentity fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 8, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I imagine he'll wear whatever you want

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Depends.

I think we all know i prefer "rockets" going INTO me when I bend over.

It's so much better than the fisting style.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nonentity posted:

Depends.

My tracer missile stance is squatting, ready to poop.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Hey non-entity, just why won't Bioware sell the original animation on the Cartel Market?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dark Juno posted:

Hey non-entity, just why won't Bioware sell the original animation on the Cartel Market?

Because no one cares except sad sacks like you.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They could make dozens off it on the market, dozens!

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Because no one cares except sad sacks like you.

Noone cares about anything they put on the Cartel Market.

1 > 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
I'm so depressed I could kill myself.

I'd like to play this game. Make a new merc with original Tracer Missile and play from the start with absolutely no xp boosts whatsoever. Do every quest on every planet and hopefully not hit max level before Correlia.

Then after I've done every quest, side-quest, space mission and flashpoint quest I'll start PvP and get Bioware to nerf mercs into balance. I made a thread telling them they could either merge Kolto Overload with Energy Shield via utility or buff Kolto Overload to 70%-80%. They went ahead and did both and broke the class. Idiots.

• Locked thread