Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

For anyone here who has played the talos principle, I just got to the "one free question" bit. Is there a script or anything I can look at to see what the other answers would have been? I haven't had much luck looking it up online.

Do not say "okay I'm not going to ask you any questions", it just makes 'em huffy and upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences with how they found SA and what they think of it. :)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You can't just leave glasses sitting around when you have a cat. There's like a 0.1% chance a cat walking by a glass of liquid will spontaneously tip it over or push it until it falls off the edge. They do it 100% intentionally but not with any kind of regularity so just when you start feeling complacent they'll break a glass in the middle of the night.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The kicker is, we don't leave glasses out around cats. I just figured that since he was fast asleep on the couch, I would be safe for the less than a minute absence - but no. No. :rip:

Back to being paranoid about leaving glasses around! (Which is fine, I've been with these cats for over fifteen years now, I'm used to this...even if I do have slip-ups now and again.)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I don't think my cat ever pushed anything breakable off an edge, but he sure loved to knock down papers and tv remotes if they were anywhere near where he wanted to lie down.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't "get" cats, they seem mean. Never had one though, I come from a pro-dog family

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hey VideoGames, if we end up with a big cats vs dogs argument, can you just edit all the posts to be pictures of Kirby or something

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I don't "get" cats, they seem mean. Never had one though, I come from a pro-dog family

Cats are curious predators who treat their humans as weird cats who belong to their colony, and they like to help us out by bringing us food (dead mice) and hanging out with us. They're really chill and friendly pets!

The thing with the glasses though is that cats also love to play and get what they want, so if my old cat goes "hey I'm thirsty" and spots my water glass before he makes it to his water dish, well, he wants New and Exciting Water more than he wants boring, plain water. So he tips it over and drinks up the mess and has a grand ol' time and doesn't get why I'm so upset. (So I don't get mad at him, I gently put him on the ground as I clean it up.)

Other cats just love tipping things over because it's either fun, they get attention from it (and boy howdy do they love attention) or because they just feel like it, sometimes. (Because some cats are jerks!)

The key thing to remember when you come to cats vs dogs is that they have very different reactions to the same behaviors, so you can accidentally really upset a cat if you, say, try to give it a surprise belly rub. In any case, just be patient and kind with any cats you meet, and chances are they'll be friendly right back! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Hey VideoGames, if we end up with a big cats vs dogs argument, can you just edit all the posts to be pictures of Kirby or something

Absolutely.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have a pupper and four cats, so I am on the side of "Yey Pets!" and no one can accuse me of favouritism.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

VideoGames posted:

I have a pupper and four cats, so I am on the side of "Yey Pets!" and no one can accuse me of favouritism.

1 vs 4 sounds like favoritism to me :colbert:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jay Rust posted:

Cats are assholes, and that's the whole point of owning one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

that cat better be part of geralt's lunch

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dogs and cats are both good when they cuddle up to you. :kimchi:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

This isn't a mod edit, I just wanted to post Kirbys

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the biggest mistake my crew made in boarding school was not getting the 4p kirby game on the gba, and instead opting to play phantasy star online's local co-op component

it was so bad that i literally got sick from the flu

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I think you probably would have been better off not playing 4 player Amazing Mirror. From what I've heard, the GBA can't handle it, and the game slows down greatly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

magical mirror would've been amazing if the map weren't such hot garbage

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

The internet loves to hate, and lots of people just don't "get" cats and end up rubbing them the wrong way, pissing them off.

But if you're chill to cats, cats are super chill bros.

I love cats and dogs both. :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My mom's cat is a sweetheart. It likes to sit on her and lick her face.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/850194890252181504

This is art

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One of my kitts

And my pupper:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Where's the mad part

edit: Source of the quote in that article

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/5zjiow/bf1_thoughts_on_frontline_discussion/

Surprise people arent mad and like the idea but that person wanted attention

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Videogames you have cute pets :3:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Our 3 cats are very friendly but in different ways. Bahol is very needy and liked to sleep near us and whine when he needs something. Bakal is skittish and nervous but otherwise curious enough to pop up and start headbutting and kneading us. Little Rough & Tumble just fuckin loves laying next to us and getting all cuddled up against us. Back when Glam was still alive, he'd love nuzzling on either of us, digging into our necks/ears.

They are very affectionate cats.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

One of my kitts

Is it just a weird angle or is that cat missing an ear?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am on a work trip and I miss my cat but I'll be home tonight! This here is my cat, who is extremely sweet and also extremely vocal:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it just a weird angle or is that cat missing an ear?

She's just lying upside down on a pillow and being a nuisance as I was trying to change the bedding. :3:

Her older 'sister' is completely deaf though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

She's just lying upside down on a pillow and being a nuisance as I was trying to change the bedding. :3:

Her older 'sister' is completely deaf though.

Couple of questions about the deaf cat.

Does she meow? If so, does it sound like a normal meow?
Is she very skittish?
Is there anything she does or doesn't do that is noticeably different from a cat that isn't deaf?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hhopefully the giant mutant cockroaches continue to create and post in games chat threads after we all die this month

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll still be here yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My work allows dogs in the office so I get to pet dogs all day while working.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I am stunned that a repeatable crafting grind quest had this much thought put into it.

When are you going to do an endless roleplaying lp of elder scrolls online

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Couple of questions about the deaf cat.

Does she meow? If so, does it sound like a normal meow?
Is she very skittish?
Is there anything she does or doesn't do that is noticeably different from a cat that isn't deaf?

She almost never meows. She's exceptionally silent. When she does meow its a bit of a quiet "mrrrep" noise that is adorable. She also has a very, very faint purr but it is rare that she will do so.

She is not skittish at all. At anything. She will sit on the hoover while I tidy and she doesn't care about anything.

If you didn't know she was deaf, you'd think she was just a very quiet little cat :D
This is the pair of them together:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

good cats

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cats make excellent pets no matter where you live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

love my kitty

• Locked thread