Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It shows you the level of care Bernie had for the sport*. They learned the lesson about smog and pollution in India but Bernie had to have his sack full of money. If the race gets cancelled then the race next year can be shitcanned and they can hold that race in a country where people will turn up and also be awake to watch it. This thread may be a majority of Americans, but the viewers are mostly Euros who don't want to get up at five o clock in the loving morning'to watch a live race. :shakefist:

*diddly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

It shows you the level of care Bernie had for the sport*. They learned the lesson about smog and pollution in India but Bernie had to have his sack full of money. If the race gets cancelled then the race next year can be shitcanned and they can hold that race in a country where people will turn up and also be awake to watch it. This thread may be a majority of Americans, but the viewers are mostly Euros who don't want to get up at five o clock in the loving morning'to watch a live race. :shakefist:

*diddly poo poo.

I don't mind the early starts tbh. Incentivises me to not try and give my liver cirrhosis in a single sitting on weekend evenings and then I have the whole rest of the day to do stuff. I do mind if I get up early and it's postponed for a couple of hours because of some kind of fuckery though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie is messing with my childhood memories of F1. Sitting down to murray walker and the F1 on a Sunday afternoon with my parents, and listening to my dad yelling at the TV and then explaining exactly why all Brazilians are cheats and Prost was a driving God, or why we didn't want Mansell to win (he was a boring primadonna twat out of the car). Then my mother would potter about making princes potted salmon sandwiches, and we would have a living room picnic while we watched the antiques roadshow, which would be punctuated by random angry outbursts from my dad as he worked out a new way in which Senna had personally offended him.

The lovely dusty countries and tilkedromes in the wrong time zones are robbing my children of watching the F1 with my dad :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Guys what if Honda was good? Power of loving DREAMS

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Bernie is messing with my childhood memories of F1. Sitting down to murray walker and the F1 on a Sunday afternoon with my parents, and listening to my dad yelling at the TV and then explaining exactly why all Brazilians are cheats and Prost was a driving God, or why we didn't want Mansell to win (he was a boring primadonna twat out of the car). Then my mother would potter about making princes potted salmon sandwiches, and we would have a living room picnic while we watched the antiques roadshow, which would be punctuated by random angry outbursts from my dad as he worked out a new way in which Senna had personally offended him.

The lovely dusty countries and tilkedromes in the wrong time zones are robbing my children of watching the F1 with my dad :(

Well if you euros would spend more money on sponsor bullshit they wouldn't need to go to Asia and America. Enjoy your lack of asthma and emphysema from not smoking those marlboros, you killed euro-centric F1.

As an american fan you lot are hard to feel bad for. Waking up at freakish hours to start the torrent watch the race live is part of the lifestyle :911:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I don't mind the early starts tbh. Incentivises me to not try and give my liver cirrhosis in a single sitting

Early starts do literally the exact opposite thing for me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Flesh Croissant posted:

Well if you euros would spend more money on sponsor bullshit they wouldn't need to go to Asia and America. Enjoy your lack of asthma and emphysema from not smoking those marlboros, you killed euro-centric F1.

As an american fan you lot are hard to feel bad for. Waking up at freakish hours to start the torrent watch the race live is part of the lifestyle :911:

central time zone user spotted. I never bothered watching live from the west coast outside specific events. watching the Euro-timed races in Japan is much nicer.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

drat you for making me re-read the last few pages to discover that in fact there was no mention of McLaren attaching a coathanger to their sharkfin

drat, Tsaedje. All that time we spent poo poo talking and living together in IRC has clearly meant nothing to you.

:redass:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Early starts do literally the exact opposite thing for me.

There's no way I can wake up at 5am if I ploughed through a bottle of vodka the night before. :zombie:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

There's no way I can wake up at 5am if I ploughed through a bottle of vodka the night before. :zombie:

I was mostly thinking about waking up for 8am races and doing some drinking then, but I do enjoy watching the races hungover while eating some lovely breakfast food.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wait till 5am to drink then?

I dunno I hardly drink anymore. :420: like a chimney for races tho. Maybe why I'm so positive about them all

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

I was mostly thinking about waking up for 8am races and doing some drinking then, but I do enjoy watching the races hungover while eating some lovely breakfast food.

That sounds like it is worth trying in the cause of science. Breakfast beer.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I defnitnally had breakfast soju more than a few times when I lived in Korea.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what the gently caress today?

fp3 is 1 am and quali 3 am here in Chile.

Mr helicopter will fly or not?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I drink a ton more than I should but y'all are a bunch of drunks for reach for a drink at 8 am.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a big pot of tea next to me during morning races like a normal person.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I will say though if last night was any indication I'm going to be a sopping wet mess for Q3, particularly as I have some cheap Italian wine I plan on going through tonight.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I drink a ton more than I should but y'all are a bunch of drunks for reach for a drink at 8 am.

Hey I only had crippling alcoholism when I lived in foreign countries

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I love the early morning races, they're the few I get to watch live without interruption ("no princess, daddy's watching vroom vroom racing cars, we can't watch peppa pig")

The later ones are good too, again because the kids will mostly be doing their own thing by that time of day.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

In response to that, Alonso gives us his own version of "This is fine."

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

I have a big pot of tea next to me during morning races like a normal person.

same, but beer

lol if you watch an f1 race sober

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

same, but beer

lol if you watch an f1 race sober

If I'm tired enough that I'm falling asleep at my desk watching, does that count?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

If I'm tired enough that I'm falling asleep at my desk watching, does that count?

Pussy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Going to the fridge to get booze at 0000: :effort:

(That, and I don't drink as much as I used to, so getting booze is even more :effort:)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fox is going to buy SKY.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rupert Murdoch is going to loving own everything

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

Rupert Murdoch is going to loving own everything

Including us

we're getting owned

RIP

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

More like dreams of power

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CratSock posted:

In response to that, Alonso gives us his own version of "This is fine."

To be fair all the cars went the same speed when FP2 was cancelled.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

More like dreams of power

They did eventually find the L, but that doesn't explain why they had a spare E

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The full banner is meant to say Vettelreich but the other flag bearers got lost in the smog.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdaLhRUCVY

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They're just stealing the MotoGP gimmick and MotoGP is way better at it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

literally just saw that on my recording of "FP2"

absolutely wonderful how the only racing was in video package footage

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Hey... hey Lewis...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Happy Seb is a fast Seb. Keep smiling Seb

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:unsmith:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
*that part of Purple Rain where Prince is screeching*

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

wicka posted:

For all of the four races that are on Sunday morning on the west coast, mimosa and brunch is always the answer for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

*that part of Purple Rain where Prince is screeching*

You mean the good part. :colbert:

• Locked thread