Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

worst of all I got these sunglasses from my loot box and they aren't even shaded

they're just dorky regular glasses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Supposedly the game comes with mouse smoothing as default that can be disable by editing the .ini file by adding a line.

%APPDATA%..\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Add the following line

bEnableMouseSmoothing=false

Has anyone tried it yet (I'm at work so can't yet)? I have been annoyed by the input delay since the beginning (drat you CS:GO for making anything but the perfect situation comfortable for me). If this changes that I would be awesome.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 6, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

lol what is the point of queueing up as solo for squad

get put with 3 randoms and 0 way to communicate wew lad

I guess you make good cannon fodder lol

I met the guys I play with as a Solo in Squad. Now we finish mainly top 5 every game.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I play with horrible people so if there's a random fourth he's usually a loot mule until we're ready to move out, at which point he is compelled to share his treasures by way of a swift execution

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Reztes posted:

Has anyone ever been hit by the red zone bombs? I've never even seen someone else hit, does it insta-kill? How much of the area do those explosions cover anyway? I feel like it's gotta be like .1% - 1% chance to be hit.

One came in through the roof hatch of the school and downed my buddy, but we were able to revive him.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

I feel like squads are 90% about someone having an idea and calling the shots and 10% execution. People playing this game have the most absurd ideas on how to approach the end zones.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wait you can survive red zone bombs by being indoors in a large building?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yeah just be away from windows and open exterior doorways, ~5 feet will do, it's a way better option than trying to book it if you're not right on the edge.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

The first time I played this game I was really confused how someone was bombing the poo poo out of the church I was looting

Teikanmi posted:

So why is this game better than H1Z1 KotK?

Please tell me in fewer than 14 words, thanks.

There is more loot around it seems, buildings that should be full of loot generally are. I like parachuting in, I hate listening to people before I drop though

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The first time I played this game I was really confused how someone was bombing the poo poo out of the church I was looting

That was God trying to smite you down for stealing his hard earned guns and ammo!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I hate listening to people before I drop though

Change your chat channel to team-only.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ctrl T is the toggle mute function

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

There is more loot around it seems, buildings that should be full of loot generally are. I like parachuting in, I hate listening to people before I drop though

I think it would be neat if bombings were a one use item you could find, instead of just completely random. Like an artillery call in grenade or some poo poo.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

what happened to the patch?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Anyone else randomly gotten the sound like you are taking heavy damage without you actually taking any damage (while looting a house alone etc.)? Scared the poo poo out of me several times this game.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Anyone else randomly gotten the sound like you are taking heavy damage without you actually taking any damage (while looting a house alone etc.)? Scared the poo poo out of me several times this game.

I've seen it in streams, but I thought they fixed it because I haven't seen it in a few days.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Yea, happens to me occasionally. Same with people I've played with.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

what happened to the patch?

https://twitter.com/pubattlegrounds/status/849939281011367939

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Whenever I get hit by one indoors, it seemed to just randomly spawn out of nowhere. So I don't know, really. Then again, I'm always near windows so maybe that's why.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
The explosions are pretty small but their blast radius is huge (much larger than the visual effect) and 'flows' through windows but is blocked by walls, kind of like bullets. So if you sit in a bathroom you'll be okay, much like in every other situation.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anyone else having trouble with the servers (NA) right now? I'm able to land and everything but after looting like a house or something the game just desyncs me from the server or something? I can still move and shoot but I can't open doors and I can't reload or anything. The timer has stopped as well. Happened in 3 games just now, sucks because my first game I landed on this sick rear end house with level 3 gear (helmet, backpack, vest) and an AK and I killed a guy and then this poo poo happened. So lame

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Seems to happen from time to time, I think it just means that server's crashed, or you've lost connection to it. After several minutes of that I usually get kicked out to the menu with a "lost connection to host" message. It's fun when you're in a car and that happens, you can drive like a lunatic- seems like most of the driving physics are client side, but the collisions and damage are server side so you vent your frustration careening around into stuff and making sick jumps until you get kicked out. Can't leave the car though.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
I had a lovely moment yesterday where I was well clear of buildings etc when I was parachuting down but it all of a sudden decided to disappear high in the air so I hit the ground and got knocked down and died alone slowly as noone else was around.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Just took first with a friend in duo's . Pretty stoked since this is both of first time ever placing first.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So this happened today...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133962166

And it actually seems like it would be an amazing idea for a game mode/mod. Cops vs robbers, cops get the slightly faster car, robbers try to get away without crashing with cops in hot pursuit.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm having a real hard time enjoying this when there's a consistent half second between pushing the button and my weapon firing. I'm on the NA servers and squarely in NA so I'm not sure what's up other than prerelease game.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Martytoof posted:

I'm having a real hard time enjoying this when there's a consistent half second between pushing the button and my weapon firing. I'm on the NA servers and squarely in NA so I'm not sure what's up other than prerelease game.

Yeah this is why I can't play. Also I only have an i5 so it doesn't run that great. I hope their optimization patch pushes it more to GPU since j have a 1060

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
I have an i5-6600k with a 1070 and im not really seeing a ton of issues. I mean its early access so i don't expect perfection yet

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else really over the rng element of the end game? Having a bubble spawn on the edge of the current one and you being loving miles away from it really sucks

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Reztes posted:

Has anyone ever been hit by the red zone bombs? I've never even seen someone else hit, does it insta-kill? How much of the area do those explosions cover anyway? I feel like it's gotta be like .1% - 1% chance to be hit.

A direct hit will knock out everyone in a vehicle, but the vehicle will only be damaged enough to start smoking. Generally it is pretty safe to drive through the red zone, running through it is risking but if you have a teammate and you spread out a bit you can revive the other if they get hit. Buildings with a roof will protect you but only if you stay away from the windows, it doesn't necessarily have to be a big building.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Scarecow posted:

Is anyone else really over the rng element of the end game? Having a bubble spawn on the edge of the current one and you being loving miles away from it really sucks

If it's the end zone rng you hate, you're actually mad about it spawning dozens of yards from you.

Early game gives you plenty of time to move, if it was consistently placed the whole game would consist of "camp dead center, don't move"

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Is it me or the health you lose per tick outside the white zone is proportional to the distance the blue circle has to travel from the end of the countdown? I seem to have noticed a huge difference between say the first constriction and some the end game ones.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

StarMinstrel posted:

Is it me or the health you lose per tick outside the white zone is proportional to the distance the blue circle has to travel from the end of the countdown? I seem to have noticed a huge difference between say the first constriction and some the end game ones.
I don't think it's proportional: what I heard is that the damage increases for each phase.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
They rolled back a patch, so maybe that's what's causing some of the rubberbanding issues. They specifically mentioned that the previous patch was to fix those issues. I haven't had a chance to play last night so I don't know for sure.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat I actually feel myself getting better at this game. I picked off 2 guys trying to loot houses immediately after picking up a pistol and after running for a bit I saw the dude in the distance trying to shoot me. Never really had that awareness before, and although I ended up losing the fight I got 2 shots on him without a scope.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
Are there any cheaters in this game yet? I feel like a few of the way's I've been killed have been a bit unreasonable.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tigern posted:

Are there any cheaters in this game yet? I feel like a few of the way's I've been killed have been a bit unreasonable.

Some hacks do exist, yeah, mostly stuff like aimbots and vision/wallhacks. But beware of confirmation bias, with how long-ranged and indirect the game is it's easy to overattribute stuff to hacks when it could just be bad luck or a separate dude you haven't seen.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M04TQN4g7Q

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

god drat it is so satisfying in duo to get "ambushed" by two guys when you see the door open up and you 360 shotgun them both and take no damage

what are some good tips for duo y'all have found, I know "finding a house with only one set of stairs up" is a pro tip for every game mode, but starting out do you both head to houses very close by? the same house?

obviously the dacia is the fastest car, but does the jeep provide more protection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Some hacks do exist, yeah, mostly stuff like aimbots and vision/wallhacks. But beware of confirmation bias, with how long-ranged and indirect the game is it's easy to overattribute stuff to hacks when it could just be bad luck or a separate dude you haven't seen.

That's fair enough of course, happens all the time.

But a few times someone i "ambush" in an open field does a 180 and headshots me, which is just a tiny bit suspicious. Could be luck, it's hard to tell in this game.

• Locked thread