Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sweet now I got some good ideas for music today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Some of the best Van Hagar. Still a really good video.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Eddie hated the video until later on

him slamming the door at the end wasnt him acting

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

This is just Cold War 2.0. It's a bunch of posturing that will eventually have Putin and Trump shaking hands and the world is great again.

Ain't nothing happening.

So what's gonna be Cold War 2's Vietnam?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

TBeats posted:

This should be pretty obvious by now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TBeats posted:

Vietnam War 2 will be no joke.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I want to think that even people as stupid as americans aren't gung ho super thrilled about another middle east hornet's nest deep dicking. I mean Cletus the Slack-Jawed Trump Voter is probably waving his confederate flag in the back of his coal-rolling pickup but outside of the hardcore base I'm semi optimistic that the public isn't willing to support another adventure.

Also, Trump calling his butt buddy Pootie-Poot and telling him to get his boys out of the area, while probably a smart diplomatic move in a vacuum, just really, really makes the entire thing reek of publicity stunt to me. Launch some missiles, flatten some empty buildings, crow about how big his balls are and how much better he is than that filthy commie muslim usurper that he spent years criticizing, literally word-for-word, about this exact action.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ma%2Findex.html

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Guys! Guys! Goons! Mustang, Sir!

I had it! I did it. I had my "jaded bitter moment!"

At a restaurant, this redneck lady and her obese husband told us how excited it is that "we are going to war finally and showing them that they can't mess with America!!"

My battleboo just said "yeah, us. Ma'am. We'll be going to war. Not you. "

Some of these people are loving insane when they salivate at the TV screen. It's loving embarassing to interact with peoole right now around Fort Sam. I don't even know what's the polite way to shoo these weirdos away.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 7, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dork

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
:chloe:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
No but really. I find this super awkward and weird. I haven't done a service, no one should thank me. All that stuff is super weird and uncomfortable. I'm a loving IET candidate for airborne school, I haven't defended anybody's kids, or laid my life on the line. And I'm not excited about gung ho wars either.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

No but really. I find this super awkward and weird. I haven't done a service, no one should thank me. All that stuff is super weird and uncomfortable. I'm a loving IET candidate for airborne school, I haven't defended anybody's kids, or laid my life on the line. And I'm not excited about gung ho wars either.

You sound more cherry by the post

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Vahakyla posted:

Guys! Guys! Goons! Mustang, Sir!

I had it! I did it. I had my "jaded bitter moment!"

At a restaurant, this redneck lady and her obese husband told us how excited it is that "we are going to war finally and showing them that they can't mess with America!!"

My battleboo just said "yeah, us. Ma'am. We'll be going to war. Not you. "

Some of these people are loving insane when they salivate at the TV screen. It's loving embarassing to interact with peoole right now around Fort Sam. I don't even know what's the polite way to shoo these weirdos away.

Just tell them that Trump is a loving retard and so is anyone who voted for him. Follow it up with if Bernie had won, you would have been able to go to college for free instead of enlisting.

Bonus points if you are in uniform when you say it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
except also double shame points for being out and about in the real world in uniform

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

except also double shame points for being out and about in the real world in uniform

If you didn't hop over to the local sub shop just outside the back gate for lunch then you are loving stupid. LoL at your dining hall slop.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. You don't know jaded until you gladly accept surgery so that you'll get some time off and pain meds to zonk out on.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Genocide Tendency posted:

If you didn't hop over to the local sub shop just outside the back gate for lunch then you are loving stupid. LoL at your dining hall slop.

oh yeah lunch is its own thing gently caress changing for that poo poo.

on a side note the off duty dress code never came to pass did it?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

Yeah. You don't know jaded until you pray for a heinous car accident so you can get a few days off

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Some bases yeah. I know Hawaii is strict at the Px and Irwin is too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They tried it at Benning but there's too many locals that come on to base that just told the dudes in uniform to gently caress off.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
During duty times we can't be in civvies, but sometimes we can leave the post for a bit. It's cycle break, it's just us Ranger, AB and SOAR candidates here waiting for the next jump class to start in a week or so.

Besides this forum, and some close friends, I won't say anything political to people. I hates when people did that during Obama, and I won't be a hypocrite bitch. It's not my place as an enlisted chump.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
During the duty day we aren't allowed TO BE CAUGHT in civvies.

That's what the rule actually is.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
One of the reason this lil group of losers can pretty much do what we want and avoid bullshit details is that we are all the GPA nerds and honor grads who the cadre loves. The other holdovers clean grass all day and carry trash.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

It's not my place as an enlisted chump.

It is when some inbred three toothed morbidly obese trailer hooker rolls up to you in a McDonalds telling you that its great Donnie is sending people to die in an unwinnable fight.

She isn't the one who is getting orders to go to a loving desert improperly or flat out unequipped for basic defense to get gassed by the Russians Assad Regime. Tell people like that to gently caress off and be as mean as possible about it to. And make sure they understand that you are telling them that as a soldier.

gently caress people like that. They manage to be worse than the "all soldiers are war criminals" crowd.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

One of the reason this lil group of losers can pretty much do what we want and avoid bullshit details is that we are all the GPA nerds and honor grads who the cadre loves. The other holdovers clean grass all day and carry trash.

You're still a private and guess what privates are good for at their destination units

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

During duty times we can't be in civvies, but sometimes we can leave the post for a bit. It's cycle break, it's just us Ranger, AB and SOAR candidates here waiting for the next jump class to start in a week or so.

Besides this forum, and some close friends, I won't say anything political to people. I hates when people did that during Obama, and I won't be a hypocrite bitch. It's not my place as an enlisted chump.

Yeah but you are IET so you have zero rights.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Soulex posted:

Yeah. You don't know jaded until you gladly accept surgery so that you'll get some time off and pain meds to zonk out on.

My surgery resulted in a glorious 30 days of con leave. It was amazing. Came back for a week, took two more to clear, now I'm freeeee

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

Just tell them that Trump is a loving retard and so is anyone who voted for him. Follow it up with if Bernie had won, you would have been able to go to college for free instead of enlisting.

Bonus points if you are in uniform when you say it.

brb re-enlisting just to do this

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So until a few days ago I've been out in the field with barely any signal for my phone, do people seriously think this Syria thing is going to kick off? I've basically done nothing but drink beer and play video games since I got back, haven't been paying attention to the news at all other than that we just fired like 50 tomahawks at Syria because of the chemical attack.

Which is kind of ironic considering CBRN in my unit...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

So until a few days ago I've been out in the field with barely any signal for my phone, do people seriously think this Syria thing is going to kick off? I've basically done nothing but drink beer and play video games since I got back, haven't been paying attention to the news at all other than that we just fired like 50 tomahawks at Syria because of the chemical attack.

Which is kind of ironic considering CBRN in my unit...

The real answer is "we don't know". There, you're all caught up on 300 CE thread posts.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ce thread and it regulars have a tendency to getstay a bit melodramatic

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Some people at work think the same thing but the rumour mill was already pretty strong about a possible deployment after NTC because of the crazy training optempo.

I'll believe it when they actually say "We're going to X."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Thats really the best attitude, don't believe poo poo until you have deployment orders

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Soulex posted:

Why_Shim_took_knee_surgery.txt

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Thats really the best attitude, don't believe poo poo until you have deployment orders

Even then. I'd wait until your equipment has been shipped somewhere because hoooly gently caress they switched us up something fierce back in 2006-7 when I was w/ the 173rd. We were practicing for Iraq forever, doing infinite drills and going up to Germany to gently caress around in that old Nazi training village or whatever. Like a couple (maybe? idk) months before while we're out there training the BC announces that lol, no we're actually doing Afghanistan so get ready.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thats really the best attitude, don't believe poo poo until you have deployment awol orders

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
When I was in 5th brigade 2ID we were training in NTC for an Iraq deployment. I can't remember how many times the rumor mill flipped around until we were set on Afghanistan.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah for real like start considering its maybe real when you have the orders, believe it when you are on the tarmac in the desert and its like a blowdryer in your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Man I remember getting off the plane on BAF and being so scared. And then like 4 people getting killed in a rocket attack on our third day there.

Then I sat there for the next 4 months dealing with stupid military bullshit, basically forgetting I was in a war zone until I was forward deployed, saw some civilians and ANA get hosed up by IEDs and rockets, and nearly missed eating a recoilless round.

Then I went back to BAF and one of the NCOs from 1-504 that I met at Ghazni got killed like two weeks later.

That's my story of being a reserve POG noble deployed to Afghanistan. Thanks for reading.