Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

psydude posted:

McConnell is taking a gamble, just like Reid did, that he doesn't lose the Senate majority in 2018.

yeah it seems extremely shortsighted OH WELL

edit for redundancy

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So the decision to need a simple majority can be easily overturned?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Reid should have removed it entirely when it was clear like 30 minutes into Obama's Presidency that the Republicans were going to vote no to everything

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

So the decision to need a simple majority can be easily overturned?

I've been wondering if they might not just put everything back eventually during a lame duck session.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
D&D catastrophizing about a draft

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Well thank god i already volunteered! I was too old to be scared by a draft!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I will pee my pants laughing it D&Drs get drafted.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
autism and aspergers are disqualifications :sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I can't find draftchat have a link?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
eh I'm probably exaggerating the seriousness of it. but its been kind of a sidebar the last 10 pgs or so of the trump thread, along with WWIII and whatnot

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

autism and aspergers are disqualifications :sigh:

How quickly do you think we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for warm bodies again

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I will pee my pants laughing it D&Drs get drafted.

This is a reason to support the draft.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh yea on Monday Trump revoked a rule that protected hibernating bears and wolf cubs from being hunted. They're now fair game and can be hunted from helicopters because.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

cowboy elvis posted:

Oh yea on Monday Trump revoked a rule that protected hibernating bears and wolf cubs from being hunted. They're now fair game and can be hunted from helicopters because.

like who wanted that? I mean other than pussy rear end trophy hunters, but I can't imagine that they're that big of a lobby

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wait, I got it! The missile strike was to pull the heat off of O'Reilly.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

i've not kept up with this with everything else, what does this mean? I know that Sessions wanted to stop doing that whole "oversight of state and local LEO agencies due to blatant civil rights violations"

did Baltimore PD say that no, they actually want that?

Both parties (DoJ and Baltimore/Baltimore PD) already agreed/committed to the decree, including a post-inauguration reaffirmation of the decree by DoJ. All that was left in the legal proceedings was for the judge to decide whether or not it was fair to the parties and the public. The judge decided the decree was fair to the parties and the public and approved it.

Here's the judge's order.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

like who wanted that? I mean other than pussy rear end trophy hunters, but I can't imagine that they're that big of a lobby

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

god loving drat it

joat mon posted:

Both parties (DoJ and Baltimore/Baltimore PD) already agreed/committed to the decree, including a post-inauguration reaffirmation of the decree by DoJ. All that was left in the legal proceedings was for the judge to decide whether or not it was fair to the parties and the public. The judge decided the decree was fair to the parties and the public and approved it.

Here's the judge's order.

:tipshat:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god thing ive dodged it by going to Iraq

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hunters that hate the EPA but will absolutely sue to prevent anything disturbing their favorite hunting ranches

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I don't see why goons are worried, 4F is a designation.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I'm going to walk this way, firing cruise missiles, and if you get hit by them, it's your own fault. Can we associate everything Trump does with the Simpsons?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Isn't that just for within the State of Alaska AND on protected (State/Federal) lands? And includes allowing the gassing of hibernating bears with cubs and wolves with pups in dens. The kicker is that Alaska has some of the best conservation laws while being pretty drat hunter friendly.

The law is incredibly reprehensible either way.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

himurak posted:

I'm going to walk this way, firing cruise missiles, and if you get hit by them, it's your own fault. Can we associate everything Trump does with the Simpsons?

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/850386106432577536

yes.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Coffeehitler posted:

Isn't that just for within the State of Alaska AND on protected (State/Federal) lands? And includes allowing the gassing of hibernating bears with cubs and wolves with pups in dens. The kicker is that Alaska has some of the best conservation laws while being pretty drat hunter friendly.

The law is incredibly reprehensible either way.

Yea Alaska only. I wonder if Alaska has any room to counter-act the rule change.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Screeching "STATE'S RIGHTS" like any good Red State? Probably can't do much since so much State land is becoming jointly run with the Feds, so Federal laws will override. But I'm no legal beagle, so someone who knows what they're talking about can chime in and let us know.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
when all the Fed lands are sold to private corps then I guess it really doesn't matter anyhow

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hunters that hate the EPA but will absolutely sue to prevent anything disturbing their favorite hunting ranches

Speaking of the Cliven Bundy gang, their second trial is wrapping up.

I still can't believe they led a armed occupation of US Government property, and they stand a good chance of walking away scott free.

http://kboi2.com/news/local/bundy-ranch-trial-coming-to-an-end

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

cowboy elvis posted:

Yea Alaska only. I wonder if Alaska has any room to counter-act the rule change.

Yes, but the problem is that Alaska won't. Generally the Fed manages for biodiversity, Alaska manages for hunting. Alaska wants to control predator populations to increase the numbers of game animals.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://twitter.com/deefinnerty/status/850392204325658626

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/850381365963096064

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Oh poo poo that's not good.

How much you wanna bet that the Cuck Muskmelon will ask for a Force Authorization on Syria?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are we using cuck now

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

:stare: holy poo poo, Assad is giving no fucks now. Getting it all out before the hammer falls.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BigDave posted:

Oh poo poo that's not good.

How much you wanna bet that the Cuck Muskmelon will ask for a Force Authorization on Syria?

I'm not going to bet anything. Nothing feels predictable right now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im laughing but i feel bad about it

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

psydude posted:

McConnell is taking a gamble, just like Reid did, that he doesn't lose the Senate majority in 2018.

2018 is really unlikely, it's an ugly map for Democrats. At this pace though, who the hell knows.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I've been wondering if they might not just put everything back eventually during a lame duck session.

Rule changes only take a simple majority, so it wouldn't make a difference. If the other party is an incoming majority they can change it right back in the next session and (justifiably) point out the rules fuckery from the outgoing party.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm just getting really weird 90s deja vu.

Like, this is something right out of the Clinton administration except not. Even down to the response used (side note: I think all the cruise missile file footage was also dating from the 90s).

It'd help if Trump had a firm policy, and he did as of 72 hours ago, like Clinton had throughout his Presidency (except if genocide happened in Africa, then welp). But Trump is a reactionary man-baby who's about to get pulled into a quagmire.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The murder trial of the freshman that shot a bunch of kids and killed one at NAU last year is currently streaming and it's weird as gently caress to watch folks that I know or have seen before testify on a live stream on the interwebs.

And I'm once more happy to see that the majority of college kids neither have complete mastery of their own loving language, nor that they think they should maybe wear something more appropriate than yoga pants in a court of law. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Our President can't let a fight go on Twitter, what makes anyone think he can't be easily trolled into invading another country

• Locked thread