Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Artelier posted:

gently caress anubis and constant hamaon mudoon spam i previously had no game overs and now every time I fight one I have to pray

Welcome to midgame Persona
:getin: to the light, inmate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was going to look up a guide to make sure I hadn't missed opening up any confidants and then I remembered that the OP is actually very good

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This is a guy who will wake up, do one load of laundry, take a bath, and go to bed. He is either anemic or severely depressed.

I'd rather sleep 18 hours, eat a bunch of hotdogs and go back to bed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

checking quiz answers against the community is the best

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I see people doing laundry when I check the Network stuff, but whenever I go there Morgana just says I need to have something dirty to wash. What does doing laundry get you, and how do I get dirty??

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Come to think of it, just how much hair gel must Kawakami use to turn her ridiculously frizzy hair into those pigtails for her Confidant?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This is a guy who will wake up, do one load of laundry, take a bath, and go to bed. He is either anemic or severely depressed.

More than I do when severely depressed tbh.

Also I ...love? how this game simulates getting lost in public transportation when you're new to a city. Despite knowing that time wouldn't progress until I hit plot beats, I still found myself scared of missing my first day of school because I am too much of a square for this game.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Artelier posted:

gently caress anubis and constant hamaon mudoon spam i previously had no game overs and now every time I fight one I have to pray
Anubis only has light/dark spells (both the instakill and "150 damage to all party members on normal" varieties), so if you have a persona that nulls both those elements such as Isis, you can't lose. Of course, your party bites it every time because it's not worth wasting turns on healing their asses, but it doesn't matter because you can just wear him down and never have to worry about dying.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

I see people doing laundry when I check the Network stuff, but whenever I go there Morgana just says I need to have something dirty to wash. What does doing laundry get you, and how do I get dirty??

When you pick up dirty (cursed) items in the dungeon you can go wash them to get you more stuff.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

When you pick up dirty (cursed) items in the dungeon you can go wash them to get you more stuff.

Huh, I haven't missed a single loot object in any dungeon (I've completed the first two palaces and done a fair bit of Mementos) and I never got one. RNG I guess?

E: Actually I think I missed a lockpick chest or two, maybe they come from those? I've been keeping on top of upgrading everyone's gear from the Airsoft shop anyway, so I doubt I'm missing out on much.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

Huh, I haven't missed a single loot object in any dungeon (I've completed the first two palaces and done a fair bit of Mementos) and I never got one. RNG I guess?

I think so as while I have yet to do laundry I have picked up a couple pieces of dirty clothes in the early dungeons.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hopeandjoy posted:

More than I do when severely depressed tbh.

Also I ...love? how this game simulates getting lost in public transportation when you're new to a city. Despite knowing that time wouldn't progress until I hit plot beats, I still found myself scared of missing my first day of school because I am too much of a square for this game.

When we got the game, my wife and I decided to split the gameplay, so she handle the "story/exploration" parts of the game while I handled the "dungeon" parts, and she had that same kind of reaction. She even felt a bit lost in the starting area before you find the coffee shop because of how cramped and sprawling it looks, especially if you're not paying attention to the minimap.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bardeh posted:

Dirty laundry are basically unidentified magic items in Persona world.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The "take a bath" part is questionable. Does Leblanc even have a shower?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bardeh posted:

E: Actually I think I missed a lockpick chest or two, maybe they come from those? I've been keeping on top of upgrading everyone's gear from the Airsoft shop anyway, so I doubt I'm missing out on much.

I've definitely got all of my dirty stuff from just Mementos

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

CharlestonJew posted:

The "take a bath" part is questionable. Does Leblanc even have a shower?

I mean the public baths that increase your charm, next to the laundry.

Although that is a good point. I think that MC goes months without bathing. No wonder the bath increases charm, it's the only time you wash your filthy body.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Maybe he showers after gym class? (I'm not far enough into the game to know if he has a gym class.)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I've definitely got all of my dirty stuff from just Mementos

I've only done the first dungeon, and I've got a dirty shirt, so yeah, pretty sure it's just a RNG thing.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Does doing laundry take time? I got a dirty shirt out of a chest but I don't want to waste a block if it's gonna be poo poo.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Does doing laundry take time? I got a dirty shirt out of a chest but I don't want to waste a block if it's gonna be poo poo.

Pretty sure it does, but Rank 3 of Temperance lets you have them do it for you (They'll also make coffee). So just hold out a bit, I guess.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Levantine posted:

Yeah, it takes a time block, and you can wash up to four things at one time. So it's better to wait.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yep, that's why I haven't done mine. Also you can wash up to four things at once so I'm waiting for having more dirty items, still only have one though. :v:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Laundry passes time and is probably not worth it

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Exploding angels are the best thing in this game.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Having finished the first dungeon in one go this morning and immediately leaving for work, I find myself excited at the prospect of getting back to my life in Tokyo with my friendos.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Levantine posted:

Having finished the first dungeon in one go this morning and immediately leaving for work, I find myself excited at the prospect of getting back to my life in Tokyo with my friendos.

Same, except I had to stop at the third save point last night because it was one in the morning.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

marshmallow creep posted:

Same, except I had to stop at the third save point last night because it was one in the morning.

Yes, I had to split it up too. I had a lot of trouble between the second to last and last save point (until I got a persona with bufu that is). First dungeon is BIG.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh hey, starting in the fourth palace you have to go through an enemy gauntlet on the day you fight the boss. That sucks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Levantine posted:

Yes, I had to split it up too. I had a lot of trouble between the second to last and last save point (until I got a persona with bufu that is). First dungeon is BIG.

I think Silky has bufu and you can get her pretty fast. I'll bear that in mind not to waste her in a fusion.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

marshmallow creep posted:

I think Silky has bufu and you can get her pretty fast. I'll bear that in mind not to waste her in a fusion.

Silky, then the Owlman Persona, then if you can, Jack Frost (at level 11) will change the game. It's a really good fusion. I had to duck to the entrance near the end and fuse a few Personas (Obariyon is good and not terribly high level). You can fuse Silky and just make sure to move Bufu over if that's why you have her. It's real easy to take the skills you want now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I fused a Genbu with Bufu, Mabufu, Zio, and Rakunda that got me through the first two Palaces.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
To dip back to Party Chat for a sec, the second I saw Ann got Dekaja, I knew I'd be using her all the time. A character who can get rid of all enemy buffs in an SMT is v. good and tho Moon would let her get back up EXP, I still gotta use her. Yosuke also got Dekaja hella early in P4 and I don't think I ever took it off him

He didn't do anything wrong, but I'll probably be dropping Morgana first chance tho it'll be hard to live without Media until I can just swap in party members on the fly

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Man Makoto is awesome

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Man Makoto is awesome

:yeah:

Also the third palace has amazing music

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm fairly sure you can quad-element silky in dungeon 1, and then pass those on up through fusions until you can quad-element the second tier stuff

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Do you get the healing item and skill card DLCs on a restart and/or NG+?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The lack of a real Triangle Spread option is kind of a bummer because that was a really good way to pass on a lot of skills. I have no idea what the criteria is for getting three skill picks instead of two, for instance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The second boss is such a huge step down from the first, it's crazy. (As a character and a fight)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lakbay posted:

Do you get the healing item and skill card DLCs on a restart and/or NG+?

They're in the box in your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
By the time you reach the third palace, Media is honestly starting to drop off anyway, since 50 or so partywide healing doesn't really do much against Rampage and Maragi. Plus you should be rolling in cash by that point and Tae sells items that are better. My main use for Morgana right now is just to heal after battle to save Joker's SP and items.