Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm sure there are people who want to put their dicks in some Geth too

Haha loving nerds. Nah I just really like their design and Legion was mah bro in ME2.

RIP Legion, you were the coolest space bro. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

DancingShade posted:

But the Elcor & Hanar I can't. That's probably going to go into the "not cost effective to animate" pile.
What's expensive about animating either of those? The Hanar just flash when they talk so you only need to animate one neutral sway. The Elcor you talked to in the original trilogy were mostly standing still like the bouncer in ME2, did we even see any of them walk?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Elotana posted:

What's expensive about animating either of those? The Hanar just flash when they talk so you only need to animate one neutral sway. The Elcor you talked to in the original trilogy were mostly standing still like the bouncer in ME2, did we even see any of them walk?

If you want them as static props with a "press E to talk" prompt then sure.

If you want them to actually be things that animate in the New Open World Experience and attack space bandits then not so much.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

My point is that's what they've always been. It doesn't make much sense in-universe for them to be action dudes, it's literally a running joke with Blasto. Although I would welcome a Heavy Weapons Elcor with a giant space-gun on its back, I don't expect it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Elotana posted:

My point is that's what they've always been. It doesn't make much sense in-universe for them to be action dudes, it's literally a running joke. Although I would welcome a Heavy Weapons Elcor with a giant space-gun on its back.

blasto didnt give a gently caress about any of that friend.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Elotana posted:

My point is that's what they've always been. It doesn't make much sense in-universe for them to be action dudes, it's literally a running joke with Blasto. Although I would welcome a Heavy Weapons Elcor with a giant space-gun on its back, I don't expect it.

Properly animated heavy weapons elcor might dethrone Krogan Buddy as most desired party member.

You know, if that were to happen.

(obviously we'd use both and leave everyone else on the ship)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

sneakyfrog posted:

blasto didnt give a gently caress about any of that friend.

EA/Bioware could be forgiven for a lot of missteps with Mass Effect Andronmeda if they released a companion Hanar. Just a big ol stupid jellyfish just floating around holding six guns.

Serf
May 5, 2011

BexGu posted:

EA/Bioware could be forgiven for a lot of missteps with Mass Effect Andronmeda if they released a companion Hanar. Just a big ol stupid jellyfish just floating around holding six guns.

Blasto game or bust.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BexGu posted:

this one objects to you calling blasto stupid friend.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Properly animated heavy weapons elcor might dethrone Krogan Buddy as most desired party member.
I don't think it would work all that great if only because these mobile open-world encounters often result in chains of enemy aggro leading you half a mile across the map and the Elcor would be pretty much stuck near wherever you dismounted the Nomad

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Just kidding you guys I bought this game last week and I finished it and it was awful I hate it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Elotana posted:

I don't think it would work all that great if only because these mobile open-world encounters often result in chains of enemy aggro leading you half a mile across the map and the Elcor would be pretty much stuck near wherever you dismounted the Nomad

They would ride an ATV.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

They would ride an ATV.

They would BE your ATV.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DancingShade posted:

You know, if that were to happen.

(obviously we'd use both and leave everyone else on the ship)

You can already do this with Peebee and Drack though. Which I do.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

You can already do this with Peebee and Drack though. Which I do.

:same:

If I could make a non human Ryder I would too.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

So what's the rundown on best guns? Without the ME3 firing range, I just don't have the gumption to craft/find/buy a dozen different assault rifles and trot them out one at a time at forward base. Any particularly good augments also?

I wanted a high-accuracy high-DPS assault rifle and I ended up really happy with the N7 Valkyrie. With damage and stability mods it just tears poo poo to pieces.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
it occurs to me they didn't include the Saber which is a mistake because that gun owned bones

mainly the sound of it which made it sound like a chainsaw railgun every time you fired it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Haledjian posted:

I wanted a high-accuracy high-DPS assault rifle and I ended up really happy with the N7 Valkyrie. With damage and stability mods it just tears poo poo to pieces.

I built a PAW and while otherwise great I decided I hated the firing sound through my headphones because it was too high pitched. Otherwise great gun.

Oh well back to my lightning blaster and it's satisfying hum.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Just me or did the Mattock feel and sound way cooler in ME2 and 3?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I have very fond memories of how the ME2 Mattock + Adrenaline Rush basically took the game difficulty down an entire level.

Shine on you crazy DLC diamond

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
I actually like Peebee. Is there something wrong with me?

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Not just you. It's definitely way weaker than it used to be. Disciple and Carnifex, too. I think they got downgraded to encourage returning players to try out new guns? But it's definitely nowhere near the poo poo-wrecker it was in ME2.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

oxford_town posted:

she's much less insufferable than she originally appeared to be.

basically folks thought she'd be Sera 2.0 and she's more like a weirdo Liara

they still shouldn't have named her PeeBee. Like if you want to shorten her name call her "Pelly" and hey, that sounds a lot less dumb!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

oxford_town posted:

I liked being able to yell at her. It was a good dynamic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i hope the quarian mission give a male quarian member, so i can ditch cora

oxford_town posted:

peebee is good my friend.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Does the first point in combat tools (+14% combat power damage) increase turbocharge's damage bonus?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

HaitianDivorce posted:

Not just you. It's definitely way weaker than it used to be. Disciple and Carnifex, too. I think they got downgraded to encourage returning players to try out new guns? But it's definitely nowhere near the poo poo-wrecker it was in ME2.

the mattock and the geth plasma shotgun were originally paid DLC for ME2 instead of being bundled in every new copy, and outclassed everything in their weapon classes by a huge margin as i guess a reason to justify making guns paid dlc. pistols got the phalanx which was also a straight upgrade to the carnifex but not to the extreme degree of the other two

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cowcaster posted:

pistols got the phalanx which was also a straight upgrade to the carnifex but not to the extreme degree of the other two

That laser sight was not for everyone.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rinkles posted:

That laser sight was not for everyone.

more ammo capacity and more damage per shot though. slower rate of fire to "compensate".

which is weird because when me3 rolled around they switched the roles: phalanx became the weaker rapid fire pistol and carnifex became the magnum. bioware logic at work i guess.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Finally finished the game.

Ending was kind of underwhelming in the way that Dragon Age: Inquisition's was, I thought--like it was fine but had zero surprises. After the bombshell about the Jardaan and Angara halfway through I was expecting to get a little bit more of that, but nope! You just kill the Archon and stop the Kett. Cool I guess.

Not sure how my choices affected the ending except that I got kind of a dumb conga line of every character in the game going HEY PATHFINDER I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OUT. Nobody died. It seemed like maybe Dunn would have died if I hadn't saved the asari pathfinder. I guess they can't really kill anyone because they want to let you keep playing quests after the critical path, which kind of hamstrings the sense of drama.

Also--the Jian Garson stuff at the end of the memory unlocks? What the gently caress? Did I miss a quest or do they just drop a murder mystery on you and end the game without following up on it?

The Archon fight was fun. Meridian is gorgeous.

Probably going to do a NG+ now that I understand how the crafting and augments work. I never ended up switching profiles/power loadouts during the game, so that's probably worth doing.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Haledjian posted:

Finally finished the game.

Ending was kind of underwhelming in the way that Dragon Age: Inquisition's was, I thought--like it was fine but had zero surprises. After the bombshell about the Jardaan and Angara halfway through I was expecting to get a little bit more of that, but nope! You just kill the Archon and stop the Kett. Cool I guess.

Not sure how my choices affected the ending except that I got kind of a dumb conga line of every character in the game going HEY PATHFINDER I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OUT. Nobody died. It seemed like maybe Dunn would have died if I hadn't saved the asari pathfinder. I guess they can't really kill anyone because they want to let you keep playing quests after the critical path, which kind of hamstrings the sense of drama.

Also--the Jian Garson stuff at the end of the memory unlocks? What the gently caress? Did I miss a quest or do they just drop a murder mystery on you and end the game without following up on it?

The Archon fight was fun. Meridian is gorgeous.

Probably going to do a NG+ now that I understand how the crafting and augments work. I never ended up switching profiles/power loadouts during the game, so that's probably worth doing.

I think the only thing that changes is that Dunn dies if you don't have all Pathfinders

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

I like having a smaller ship. The #1 you do with your Stronghold in a Bioware game is run around and check in with all your NPCs, and it took take waaaaay to loving long to vist with everyone on the Normandy. Skyhold was even worse.
I like it too. It makes more sense for Andromeda as well.

Skyhold was awesome though, and I hope future Dragon Age games have something similar.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oxford_town posted:

Peebee is very good.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I guess there's no way to make Vanguard play like it did in ME3? I leveled up enough to take the rank 6 evolutions for charge and nova but even with cooldown + shield it's not quick enough to establish any kind of rhythm. Is the play to take bastion instead and just shoot/melee like in ME2?

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

oxford_town posted:

Peebee is surprisingly tolerable. I actually really like her. It helps that her VA is far less grating than Liara's was - I could not (and still can't) stand that breathless line delivery. Peebee's VA has done an amazing job and the character isn't as insufferable as her description made her sound and she's one of the few asari I don't want to pitch out the airlock.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Elotana posted:

I guess there's no way to make Vanguard play like it did in ME3? I leveled up enough to take the rank 6 evolutions for charge and nova but even with cooldown + shield it's not quick enough to establish any kind of rhythm. Is the play to take bastion instead and just shoot/melee like in ME2?

That works. Do you have the biotic passives for additional cool down reductions?

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Nova no longer triggers combos so the main build for vanguards is now Charge-Annihilation-Lance.

Pattonesque posted:

I think the only thing that changes is that Dunn dies if you don't have all Pathfinders

I didn't even know that she could survive, guess I shouldn't have let the Turian pathfinder walk away.

DancingShade posted:

You should be looking at the Angaran one shot sniper & pistol.

These (as well as the Dhan) are amazing with the bio-converter augment since it removes their only weakness (reload time). Compensate for the health loss with the tech passive that restores health whenever you use a power.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been doing Charge/Nova/Annihilation but I'm doing Annihilation for the shields, nova for priming, and charge for detonating.

I'll try out the other powers one day, maybe.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

There's something refreshing about Peebee just outright saying 'yeah I'm deliberately going to dodge your attempts to get to know me, I find it boring'. She's self-aware she's kind of annoying and inappropriate, which is why she's miles ahead of Sera.

That and she's also friendly to Ryder, again unlike 'constantly screaming' Sera. She's annoying and a weirdo, but she's our annoying weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been doing Charge/Nova/Annihilation but I'm doing Annihilation for the shields, nova for priming, and charge for detonating.

I'll try out the other powers one day, maybe.

Trying to find a third power in single player is hard as a Vanguard, honestly.

I'm toying with the idea of Charge/Nova/Turbocharge because it just sounds really funny to me. I wish you had Throw and Pull as one power in this game.