Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You don't have full glass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my xb had a near vertical windshield. amazing view but jfc gently caress gravel

luckily they were forced to replace em for free after 3 or 4 year due to class action

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Cost of replacement is less than my deductible.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Cost of replacement is less than my deductible.

that was exactly my experience. I think my deductible for glass was $250 and a new windshield was $248. Same thing eitherway I'd still be out $250 each time

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

250 isn't so bad. I've had a divot in my old timey infiniti windshield a couple years, plus it's got multitudes of tiny,tiny nicks

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
My jeep has crack running from the driver's side A-pillar all the way across, then it curves down to the bottom edge about 3" from the other A-pillar.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it's definitely affordable but just annoying as gently caress to have to drop $250 on anything that's usually the result of some lifted dually coal rolling poo poo throwing rocks everywhere

I need to do a claim on my BMWs windshield and for some reason I think it will be more money. I should look into that now while I'm thinking of that.

edit: I knew it had rain sensing poo poo, but apparently antitheft stuff too? How does that work? Just a sensor if its smashed or something?

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 7, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don't some insurances sometimes do free windshield repairs?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

USAA will do it free for chips and cracks under 6 inches I think, because they just kinda fill 'em in with glue more or less, full replacement usually has a deductible

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
They did for mine, got a chip in the lower left corner and got it repaired for free.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok windshield replacement scheduled for wednesday, thanks N4I for the reminder :tipshat:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

USAA is awesome about chips and I got about 4 filled on this windshield with no out of pocket. I got this chip back in January and since it was way off in the corner I forgot about it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The a pillars on my Volvo are God awful obstructive but I've taken all sorts of poo poo bouncing off this windshield including a rubber wheel chock at 60 mph, and only have scratches and some chips out of my sight line. I think the steep angle helps a ton.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Depends on the company and the state. Like New York and South Carolina require it to be without deductible for any safety glass.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Same with Arizona, and I found out why pretty quickly - 2 windshield replacements in 9 months.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I was on the tour boat for the Arizona and a very old man asked me what my job was and I replied and asked him if he was a vet too. He replied he was a WW2 vet yes. I asked him what branch of service and he replied German armored division "all my men died in the war".

Good meeting you Walter

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Farmers offered a glass buyback discount at one time

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wind is getting crazy around Seattle-Tacoma. A tree blew over just outside of work.

Look at those little bitch-made roots. You deserved it, tree.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Welp, hopefully all the huge rear end trees surrounding my house have better roots than that.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
also lol @ the cone someone put there

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

also lol @ the cone someone put there

military as gently caress

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

military as gently caress

nah, mil would have posted a rotating 12 hour 2 man guard duty rotation in full kit with roadguard vest, eyepro and gloves

edit: oh slim is on base? Slim make the duty roster it will go great on your ncoer/monthly consoling/wtf ever

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 7, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

nah, mil would have posted a rotating 12 hour 2 man guard duty rotation in full kit with roadguard vest, eyepro and gloves

edit: oh slim is on base? Slim make the duty roster it will go great on your ncoer/monthly consoling/wtf ever

Peak army would be to grab a bunch of Joes and have them pull the tree out, but not give them any sort of tools to use.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

Peak army would be to grab a bunch of Joes and have them pull the tree out, but not give them any sort of tools to use.

mmm yeah thats the stuff

want to see joe gently caress up his 60k 29% apr F-150 trying to drag it around with a tow strap or something

not that its that big of a tree, but soldiers being soldiers and all

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm a contractor and we only have two enlisted dudes assigned to us, it's gonna be a long fuckin night for them

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Totally forgot DEP counted towards IRR I'm out mother fuckers

Not that it really mattered :shrug: I think I updated my information online once. I'm down to go to war tho

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

mmm yeah thats the stuff

want to see joe gently caress up his 60k 29% apr F-150 trying to drag it around with a tow strap or something

i've definitely seen poo poo like that happen before :lol:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm a contractor and we only have two enlisted dudes assigned to us, it's gonna be a long fuckin night for them

you know what to do

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Totally forgot DEP counted towards IRR I'm out mother fuckers

Not that it really mattered :shrug: I think I updated my information online once. I'm down to go to war tho

I'm still in the standby reserve, so I get full base/MWR/etc privileges. poo poo's gonna really have to hit the fan, or OKC gets wrecked by a tornado that kills half the crews, before they get far enough down the list to call me. I'm not terribly concerned, and have no plans to resign out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mmm yeah thats the stuff

I thought no way you could have a 60k F-150 but I priced one out of curiosity and got the final cost drat near 70k fully loaded.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

When I went to last year's auto show, I don't think there was a single pickup less than 50k on the floor.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
F-150s, silverados and the like arae obscenely expensive.

I think you can get like the really lovely fleet tacoma for like 20k with crank windows and steel rims

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Wind is getting crazy around Seattle-Tacoma. A tree blew over just outside of work.

Trees fell on houses last year, and one even fell on a chick driving and killed her. The city/country arborists said this one old rear end tree needed to come down this year. People protested, some thought they were corrupt and somehow getting a kick back from the tree cutting company I don't know what the gently caress. Oh the city neglected it so that's why it's dying. Sure that might be true but either way the tree gotta go

One college girl even climbed on the tree when they were going to cut it, and the crews just left. Came back the next day, of course. The tree was eventually cut, and people held a loving candlelight vigil.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i got loving tired of adding option and probably could have gotten this up a bit more. it's unbelievable how much dumb rear end accessories you can finance, such as $100 wireless headphones

edit: you can get an illuminated chevy badge in either black or gold

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Man how do dudes even walk away with like 20+% APR and poo poo, that is just mindblowingly bad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Predatory lenders and 18 year olds who probably have never had a credit card and do not understand how credit and loans work.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

F-150s, silverados and the like arae obscenely expensive.

I think you can get like the really lovely fleet tacoma for like 20k with crank windows and steel rims

You'd be surprised how cheap they get after being 2-3 years old and having been used for commercial purposes. I've helped a few people find and buy F-250s and F-350s in fully loaded King Ranch spec, as a turbo diesel under 150k miles for under 25k

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
someone in Killeen take a picture of one of the thousands of "MILES Certified Dealers" signs around town. I think they're usually yellow & black. I'm getting nostalgic.

Booblord Zagats posted:

You'd be surprised how cheap they get after being 2-3 years old and having been used for commercial purposes. I've helped a few people find and buy F-250s and F-350s in fully loaded King Ranch spec, as a turbo diesel under 150k miles for under 25k

I'm insanely not surprised really, but soldiers want that brand new poo poo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

i got loving tired of adding option and probably could have gotten this up a bit more. it's unbelievable how much dumb rear end accessories you can finance, such as $100 wireless headphones

edit: you can get an illuminated chevy badge in either black or gold

The other day I saw a brand new Ram with a ram's head on the trailer-coupling.

The ram's head lit up with the break lights, and I couldn't stop laughing for a decent while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Truck prices are out of control. Thanks chicken law.

• Locked thread