Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Alice&Zokurou

Zouroku

zou roku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

zork or u?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grumpy Gramp With No Patience For Magical Girl Bullshit

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Hey I'm sure if you had to deal with Yakuza bullshit daily you'd be pretty grumpy too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Alice & Zorak

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

nielsm posted:

Zouroku

zou roku

Is that a sequel to a Terry Pratchett book?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want to live in the log cabin boarding house in Sakura Quest.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Grumpy Gramp With No Patience For Magical Girl Bullshit

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Kado: The Right Answer was really cool. Will definitely watch more.
Clockwork Planet was ugly and boring.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not sure I can handle the my hero academia subs using the word manchild unironically. This may be it for me....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

? Pretty sure I saw the same in what I read of the manga.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm glad namtab is dead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

twin angel break and hinako note have shockingly similar openings. of course ones a dull magical girl show and the other ones a dull moe comedy after that

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Internet buzz is that Re:Creators is about a bunch of characters in lovely light novels who escape to the real world, realise they're characters in lovely light novels, and set out to murder their authors.

Hell, I'm in.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Darth Walrus posted:

Internet buzz is that Re:Creators is about a bunch of characters in lovely light novels who escape to the real world, realise they're characters in lovely light novels, and set out to murder their authors.

Hell, I'm in.

Watch as they ruin this premise by making the authors the heroes of the story

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well these posts have ruined the show for me already

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

A self aware LN? Sounds epic my dudes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

A self aware LN? Sounds epic my dudes

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
https://twitter.com/Uchoten2_EN/status/850426196416278529

It's killing me that I can't really gush about this without spoiling stuff

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

? Pretty sure I saw the same in what I read of the manga.

I've not read the manga

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I never got around to watching the first one, but she seems cool; maybe I'll try this out.

https://twitter.com/BlackDragonHunt/status/850452612805783552

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's a huge undersell to put some LN-derisive spin on Re:Creators' premise. There's no such angle presented in the first episode, like every other show people misguidedly claim is some "own" on LNs or the industry. Just a guess but I don't see the chars reading the stories they lived in and going, "woah, how cliche!" as if they're anime critics on Youtube.

Anyway, the premise is much simpler and better than that, bringing up the question of what fictional characters do when they suddenly find themselves in a "World of Gods" where they learn the truth behind their existences. The animation is super good and the first ep has a lot of action to show it off. The OST is noticeably Sawano, and it feels like he's playing with more fantasy-appropriate sounds again.

if you aren't looking to use it otherwise, I think it's a good time to try the Anime Strike trial (if you're in the US) just to check this one out, and hope better options for viewing will crop up as the season continues if the ridiculous entry cost of also subscribing to Amazon Prime doesn't appeal to you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I never got around to watching the first one, but she seems cool; maybe I'll try this out.

https://twitter.com/BlackDragonHunt/status/850452612805783552

I'd like to know if this requires having watched the first season at all, because the PV looked really pretty.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You should watch the first season anyway, since it's fun and good

Also characters from the first season return

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Doc V posted:

https://twitter.com/Uchoten2_EN/status/850426196416278529

It's killing me that I can't really gush about this without spoiling stuff

Tanukis still cuddly, check.
Frog in the well, check.
Benten, check.

Good, good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's great that PA Works is big enough now to be putting out multiple shows a season. I hope their generally superb animation quality doesn't suffer for it, but Sakura Quest looked just fine.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh poo poo I didn't realize until just now Eccentric Family was the great show about tanuki adventures in not getting eaten. I am pleasantly surprised.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Amazon subs for Bahamut 2 are out. I didn't know if I would like a new MC as much as the one from season 1, but the girl with uncontrollable thirst is cool.

Now that I've seen it I can say you can proooobably watch it without having seen the first season, but aside from the MC and one other one, every character in the first episode is a returning one. And this series strongest point is it's characters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is that anime strike?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a.k.a torrents

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

twin angel break and hinako note have shockingly similar openings. of course ones a dull magical girl show and the other ones a dull moe comedy after that

Both of them also have M.A.O, I believe as a VA (though I only say her name in the PV fro Twin Angel)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Is ADTRW's hatred of Anime Strike so universal now that we can talk torrenting their exclusives?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh poo poo it's the cops.

Anyway, i'm going to try out the free trial, but gently caress if they have anything even organized by season or anything. Navigating this poo poo is a pain in the rear end.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

El Burbo posted:

You should watch the first season anyway, since it's fun and good

Also characters from the first season return

I would but I don't have the time. :rip:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sentai smells.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I was hoping Kado: The Right Answer to be a good "anti-anime", since episode 0 really seemed to imply such. Then episode 1 happened but it still looks good. Will definitely keep watching and hoping adults act like adults in this thing. Episode 1 reminded me of the 2016 Godzilla film in a good way, at least.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dessel posted:

I was hoping Kado: The Right Answer to be a good "anti-anime", since episode 0 really seemed to imply such. Then episode 1 happened but it still looks good. Will definitely keep watching and hoping adults act like adults in this thing. Episode 1 reminded me of the 2016 Godzilla film in a good way, at least.

What... is anti-anime?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

What... is anti-anime?

All the subanime particles have the opposite spin and charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dessel posted:

Episode 1 reminded me of the 2016 Godzilla film in a good way, at least.

kind of, but godzilla 2016 was shot like a dry comedy, whereas kado was played more or less straight

which made the scientist girl clash even harder. a little goofiness would have been fine, but not something that flew in the face of the rest of the atmosphere

• Locked thread