Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lord hobo posted:

And now we get a pc version of cold steel 1&2 with 50% more voiced lines.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/850395724223098880

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
If this means a PC port of CS3 as well, I'll never stop screaming.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SC Bracer posted:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/850395968570773504

e: gently caress I can't figure out how to embed this. Tweet says we're getting PC ports of CS1/2 with 5000 additional voiced lines. No more Mysterious Silent Rean!

double e: it worked?

lord hobo posted:

And now we get a pc version of cold steel 1&2 with 50% more voiced lines.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/850395724223098880
What the poo poo???????

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

havenwaters posted:

Well, guess I need to plow through Persona 5 in three weeks. Or play two to three rpgs at the same time :shepicide:

we can do this

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd be more interested if it had the Japanese track, but probably not enough to buy it again.

It'll have more voiced lines, though. The definitive edition.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

everyone buy 10 copies of Cold Steel then pray so that I can play an official loc of Crossbell tyia

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm good on more English dubbing thanks.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

This is all some really good news, I wonder if there are going to be more voiced lines for CS2 as well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know, this is good news but I just can't see myself putting money down on CS again.

It is really cool though. I am glad Falcom appears to be printing money currently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wonder if the 5k lines are just the missing Rean lines

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I will totally buy Cold Steel again, I just want to feed XSEED my money so we get the Crossbell games.

Tae posted:

I wonder if the 5k lines are just the missing Rean lines

Chiplock probably pitched that to XSEED himself.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Levantine posted:

I will totally buy Cold Steel again, I just want to feed XSEED my money so we get the Crossbell games.

:hai:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cake Attack posted:

everyone buy 10 copies of Cold Steel then pray so that I can play an official loc of Crossbell tyia

I'm in! I want to play Crossbell too!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am going to give XSEED my money so they get greedy and complacent and never release another game again. :devil:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well, guess I'm double dipping for that. Hopefully that means CS3 for the PC too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, CS3 for PC would be awesome.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

The Colonel posted:

YASSSSSSSSSSS

Let me correct that for you.

There we go.

Anyway, this is all manner of awesome and this is DEFINITELY gonna be double dipping material. Very excited to see it getting a PC port. Even more excited to see XSeed being able to handle it. I was admittedly a bit worried after Ys VIII.

poo poo, between the Cold Steel games on PC, 3rd, Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII, this is one hell of a Falcom year.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm hopeful for a decent PC port. At least visually the PC port looks better.

Having 60 fps in Legram would be nice too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mcburn should still tank your frame rate because that's part of the experience

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Headpatting in 60 FPS confirmed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, CS3 for PC would be awesome.
Am I misremembering or wasn't CS3 PC always a thing

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm hopeful for a decent PC port. At least visually the PC port looks better.

Having 60 fps in Legram would be nice too.

Don't know if you've seen this, but it is relevant.

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/850399271631241217

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Am I misremembering or wasn't CS3 PC always a thing

I thought it was planned to be a PS4 exclusive?

Are you thinking of Tokyo Xanadu?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ok but is Becky getting a voice

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Really Pants posted:

ok but is Becky getting a voice

Oh my god, I hope so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erpy posted:

Headpatting in 60 FPS confirmed.

5 FPS instead, draw each one out forever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

5 FPS instead, draw each one out forever

Do it in slow motion and also from three different camera angles.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If XSEED can do a PC port of Cold Steel on their own dime, I don't think there's anything else stopping them from doing the same with the Crossbell games eventually.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
zero already has a pc version. the people making the fan tl already have english text working on it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

If XSEED can do a PC port of Cold Steel on their own dime, I don't think there's anything else stopping them from doing the same with the Crossbell games eventually.

This sort of thing depends a lot on the state of the source code.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hopefully we can spend a year tweaking the poo poo out of these games and then port them back to actual consoles, because jesus christ man, I dislike playing games on my computer enough that even the best game series in existence becomes unfun. Plus you know, talking to NPCs for 50 hours doubling your playtime just screams lay down in bed comfortably.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Super Jay Mann posted:

There's still a major difference. The Cold Steel games (like Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII) run on Sony's PhyreEngine, which is multi-platform and has native Windows support built in. So the porting process was less reworking the whole thing from the ground up and more taking all console-specific system calls out of it and running a Windows build. The Crossbell games are native PSP games, so porting them is a lot more complicated.

MythosDragon posted:

Hopefully we can spend a year tweaking the poo poo out of these games and then port them back to actual consoles, because jesus christ man, I dislike playing games on my computer enough that even the best game series in existence becomes unfun. Plus you know, talking to NPCs for 50 hours doubling your playtime just screams lay down in bed comfortably.

Opinion. I'm the exact opposite, I hate playing long games on handhelds. I can never get comfortable, in bed or on the couch. 21 inch monitors for me.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I knew CS would get a PC port eventually, now my faith is rewarded

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

XSEED will be streaming 3rd here within the next 15 mins or so.

https://www.twitch.tv/xseed_games

Might also answer some questions that aren't "Crossbell localization when".

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I really love playing longass stuff like Trails on a handheld so I can take frequent breaks, but it's pretty great news that this series has a place for more fans. Kinda wondering if the 5000 extra lines is just the Silent JRPG Protagonist Rean stuff though, but he does have the best VA though so even that's a nice deal.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If you can also control Coldsteel perfectly with just the mouse, that'll be the definitive version for me.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

If you can also control Coldsteel perfectly with just the mouse, that'll be the definitive version for me.

I really don't think this is happening. How would you do mouse only movement in a 3d environment, in a 3rd person perspective? You probably could do it but it wouldn't be pretty.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr. Fortitude posted:

XSEED will be streaming 3rd here within the next 15 mins or so.

https://www.twitch.tv/xseed_games

Might also answer some questions that aren't "Crossbell localization when".

but that's the only question i care about

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Cool on Cold Steel coming to PC even though I'm not gonna rebuy them.

Trails 3 though, gonna buy it on launch day and then not play it until I finish persona 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
gonna rebuy ToCS and force copies on unsuspecting anime hating friends just like i did with TiTS heck yeah