Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I can't get my hard contact out of the side of my eye. It hurts. Welp guess i go to the doc tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

kreyla posted:

I can't get my hard contact out of the side of my eye. It hurts. Welp guess i go to the doc tomorrow.

:stonk:

I know you posted this ten hours ago, but go to the doc right the gently caress now :stonk:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If you can get the blade of a knife under the edge it'll pop right out.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Aw, you guys care about my wonky eye. :shobon: I slept with the darn thing in and went to the doc this a.m. The nurse was really nice and got it out asap. Apparently I was right not to futz with it a bunch more, since that leads to damage and infection and funtimes.

So now I am problem free! For now.... Dun dun dunnnnnnn

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

i need utopia now not three days from now

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have to wait four more days to see if I qualify for Medicaid since I'm turning 26 in a couple months. If I don't end up getting insurance, since my employer constantly keeps me just under the hours needed to qualify for a work plan, my daily medications will be >50% of my yearly income and the stress of finding out whether or not I'll qualify is making me sick to my stomach. .

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I went to the grocery store primarily to get one thing. I came home with a bunch of groceries that are not that thing. Now I need to go out of my way tomorrow to get what I need.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I have to wait four more days to see if I qualify for Medicaid since I'm turning 26 in a couple months. If I don't end up getting insurance, since my employer constantly keeps me just under the hours needed to qualify for a work plan, my daily medications will be >50% of my yearly income and the stress of finding out whether or not I'll qualify is making me sick to my stomach. .

This does not sound like a first world problem :smith:

FWP: Americans posting about their broken healthcare system makes me sad. Also I'm ten minutes out out from home but I want coffee now

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I can't figure out where the apartment we've been offered is actually located with google maps because nothing in that area is labeled correctly :mad:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Speaking of lovely healthcare, my mom is a nurse who fell at work pretty badly last month, and the latest MRI has shown she has arthritis in her knees.

The arthritis is completely unrelated; she has arthritis because she's 46 and has been a nurse literally all her working life. Her job, however, is now trying to force her back to working 12 hour shifts by declaring her injury a 'pre-existing condition' :sigh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm doing more work than my peers and am the de facto supervisor for my team.
My boss literally can't promote me because of our extremely regimented structure.
However, I can't drop any responsibilities.

I gotta get a new job.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Seconding that American healthcare issues don't belong in this thread. Start a second world problems thread. Or third world. Not sure where the line is these days.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Considering "first world" means "America and its Cold War allies" I'm pretty sure it's still first world.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Who What Now posted:

Considering "first world" means "America and its Cold War allies" I'm pretty sure it's still first world.

what if it's like a combo of two different worlds, like complaining about having to wait 13 hours in a downtown LA emergency room because the place is packed to the gills with Mexican migrants who can't get health care any other way

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

America is doing its damnedest to leave the first world. Given the increasing poverty and how much of America looks like a third world hell hole it's getting harder to argue that America is first world.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

I have ants in the kitchen. I'm on the third floor of my building.

How the gently caress did we get ants?

I'm on the 12th floor. I get ants. One time I saw the protectors (the ones with the big pinchers) guarding a Queen while she was moving from the heater to my kitchen area. I felt too guilty to kill them, plus the queen and protectors looked cool as hell.

If I saw a roach though, I would scream bloody murder.

I just ate McDonalds. I feel ok right now but I know I'm going to be sick pretty soon. Also goddamn is McDonalds expensive.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Outrail posted:

Seconding that American healthcare issues don't belong in this thread. Start a second world problems thread. Or third world. Not sure where the line is these days.

There's a thread in Goon Doctor about this iirc. Side note (sorry) my one job won't allow anyone to have more than 30 hours and my other allows 40 max but you're technically part time so it doesn't count.

E: owners son came in on Saturday and I noticed he's driving a new Audi. Lol.

E2 (really sorry) at least I don't work at the big box store that I interviewed at where all the interviewers looked and spoke like they wanted to die!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Apr 4, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Had an appointment for some pointless bullshit that could have been handled in two minutes over email this morning at 11. I was there on time, but the person I was meeting with wasn't available till 11:40, so I just had to sit and wait for forty minutes (and I couldn't leave and come back because they couldn't tell me how long the wait would be).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

One time I saw the protectors (the ones with the big pinchers) guarding a Queen while she was moving from the heater to my kitchen area. I felt too guilty to kill them, plus the queen and protectors looked cool as hell.

I'm curious, what did you ultimately do?

The end result of my ant issue is so stupid I'm calling it a FWP: I put out some Terro traps (the ones with pre-mixed liquid that are taken back to the nest) and they worked great. While I'm glad I don't have a literal traffic line of ants criss-crossing my kitchen, I feel low-key awful about having to basically poison a living colony of creatures. Like, poo poo. They thought they got this awesome food, gulped it down, brought it home, and only after they passed it on to the rest of the colony (including, I presume, their Queen), they just died off. I don't even like bugs and insects, but I respect their place in our ecosystem and it sucks that I had to murder a bunch for doing what they've done for longer than we've been alive.

e: oh, and another FWP, there's a podcast I've added to my rotation, and one of the older episodes I was really curious about is defunct. This is the second time I've loaded a podcast to find that a huge chunk of the older episodes are defunct. At least with this one, it's only a single episode.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:22 on Apr 4, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rationalize it the way me and my family do. They have their place, certainly; they can drat well do it outside of my loving home.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Abugadu posted:

what if it's like a combo of two different worlds, like complaining about having to wait 13 hours in a downtown LA emergency room because the place is packed to the gills with Mexican migrants who can't get health care any other way

:yikes:

Anyways, my FWP, when I have a let's play project as a hobby, I feel guilty playing other games. Like a voice in the back of my head says "shouldn't you be playing X game instead?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I preordered the Take Your Heart edition of Persona 5 (:smaug:) back in January. It's supposed to arrive before 8PM today. It's only just now changed to 'preparing to ship'. I am highly suspicious of it arriving today.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Crow, it is past midnight. I'm sure you have very important business to attend to but it can wait until daylight.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got a bitchin' new electric skillet so now I have to spend extra time cooking a delicious healthy breakfast every morning. Also I have to buy more eggs.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Yesterday one of my girlfriend's cats ate too much, too fast, and puked in the one room with carpet instead of hardwood. Today her other cat decided to follow his example. I got to clean it up both times because "puke is gross!"
I think all three of them need to be put down.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I need to help my friend find a person in the states who can acid etch something, because of a project we want to tackle and the normal dude we use for stuff said "Nope" cause he's busy. I found a dude overseas who can probably do it, but I don't think it'll clear customs and shipping back and forth would be incredibly expensive.

I'm gonna have to call strangers or email them, and the unknown frightens me.

Also, the chili I made for dinner wasn't SPECTACULAR but it was pretty good. I feel like I let myself down somehow.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I forgot my lunch at home today, so had to go buy one. When I got back to work, there was a tray of free sandwiches up for grabs left over from a conference that's going on downstairs. Nooooooooo!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
In retaliation for me putting eye drops in her eye, my kitten scratched me right under mine. It hurts like a fucker and every time I blink it bleeds a tiny bit. I am against declawing cats but motherfucker she makes it hard.

My rpg group had a fight last night about the story being delayed because one player's character was about to be kidnapped to meet the Big Bad and meet with her alone, and that player threw a shitfit, complaining how freaked her character would be and OMG not fair and why do I want to delay the main storyline so much when this is literally the only sidequest/thing we have had, and there IS in fact a purpose behind it. I really want to ask this player if she is so eager for the game to be over, because if she wants out, I can arrange that.

My weekend plans have fallen through, which sucks because the weather is supposed to be great.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

The one bathroom at my work that has an isolated single stall where i like to go #2 doesn't have wifi or cell signal so I have to poo poo like a barbarian with no mobile connection.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I just started a job with a fire/flood/crime cleanup company. First day, cleaning items.

From a house that had a bedbug infestation.

We weren't even cleaning furniture, then we went to bug bomb the crater furniture plus everything else we cleaned.

You get one guess as to who the ONLY PERSON to wind up with bedbug bites is.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cowslips Warren posted:

My rpg group had a fight last night about the story being delayed because one player's character was about to be kidnapped to meet the Big Bad and meet with her alone, and that player threw a shitfit, complaining how freaked her character would be and OMG not fair and why do I want to delay the main storyline so much when this is literally the only sidequest/thing we have had, and there IS in fact a purpose behind it. I really want to ask this player if she is so eager for the game to be over, because if she wants out, I can arrange that.

How can one possibly be pissed off about having to go alone on a side quest? In story terms, that's where the most interesting experience comes from! John Locke in Lost, Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, Simon in Lord of the Flies... Does this person just hate fun?

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I had a banh mi for the first time today and now I'm sad I can't eat it all the time

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

I have ants in the kitchen. I'm on the third floor of my building.

How the gently caress did we get ants?

Probably by being a filthy goon. Ants can climb, clean your hovel more than once a year, hth

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm out of town visiting some old friends and we actually planned a LAN for this weekend like old times, but there's a windstorm and no power. Now we'll have to talk and poo poo instead of throwing ourselves at video games like in high school.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
12 of us are going skiing over the weekend, so naturally, the person who planned it got a cabin with four loving beds.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I just found out my mom, who is on a trip in Africa, spent way too many euros on some tourist market rugs and bags and poo poo. It's her own money, but goddamn, she got straight up scammed, and bad.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
A couple days ago a family member decided to drop into town just out of the blue, and managed to get arrested less than 24 hours later because the first thing they did was visit a nearby town where they had an old warrant for drug-related offences. They're out now but seriously what the gently caress.

Also the hot water in my apartment complex has been out since yesterday and I need a shower. My hair feels goony as gently caress and I probably don't smell much better.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

Probably by being a filthy goon. Ants can climb, clean your hovel more than once a year, hth

That's the thing, if we weren't pretty fastidious in general, it wouldn't be much of a FWP for us, it'd just be a way of life. Four years in this place, no ants.

We're pretty sure we narrowed it down to a can of soda that a friend of ours brought over and left in the kitchen, since they clearly beelined for it the little ring a can leaves on a table. But that's just water condensation, so it's still weird why they'd come to our place just for that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Release a few centipedes. That'll clear up your ant problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have a cold and it feels like my sinuses are full of concrete