Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

also lol that afghanistan has gone on so long that people don't even count it as a war anymore, kinda hosed up

their sacrifice was kind of nothing is what you mean
i mean imagining dying under bush

but then imagine dying under.. trump lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

kickascii posted:

he even called it a "red line" that was crossed and doesnt leave any any possiblity that Assad was framed, like most every other gas attack in Syria over the past few years.

oh? do tell

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

my new dog posted:

Jared Kushner

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MSNBC Brian Williams:

"I am tempted to quote the great Leonard Cohen: 'I am guided by the beauty of our weapons,'" Williams waxed poetic (Variety notes it's a line from Cohen's "First We Take Manhattan"), as a video in the background showed the missiles hurtling from the US warships toward land.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Scary! posted:

It was the best of timelines, it was the worst of timelines

We are all just lols in the wind

I lol to that, my friend.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Train posted:

MSNBC Brian Williams:

"I am tempted to quote the great Leonard Cohen: 'I am guided by the beauty of our weapons,'" Williams waxed poetic (Variety notes it's a line from Cohen's "First We Take Manhattan"), as a video in the background showed the missiles hurtling from the US warships toward land.

MSNBC Brian Williams is only beat on lols from Appearance on Conan Brian Williams.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Bae caught me bombin

maybe :nms::nms:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why are those presumably American soldiers carrying ak47s

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Blue Train posted:

those are viet cong

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Blue Train posted:

I think it's from Punisher: Born, so those are Viet Cong storming an American outpost.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

kickascii posted:

Really seems like DJT is doing the exact same poo poo as Obama did in 2013, he even called it a "red line" that was crossed and doesnt leave any any possiblity that Assad was framed, like most every other gas attack in Syria over the past few years.

Ugh all these drat terrorists leaving their government manufactured, tightly controlled, UN monitored chemical weapons everywhere we happen to bomb! I wouldn't be surprised if they had arranged for some chemical weapons to be 'abandoned' where jihadists would find them, though. They're tactically irrelevant but they create drat good headlines.

Also a reminder that Assad freed hundreds of terrorists from his own prisons as the uprising got going to make sure the civil war would be him vs. the eeeevil Islamists, with not a relevant democrat in sight.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Clinton, who was interviewed by Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times after being introduced by Samantha Bee from Full Frontal, said Russian meddling, FBI Director James Comey's release of information on the investigation of her emails, and WikiLeaks releases all played a role, as did misogyny. She said that while she believes Comey and WikiLeaks "had the determinative effect," there were certainly some people who had "real problems" with the idea of a woman president, NBC News reports.

Clinton said she believes the reason she was a popular secretary of state but an unpopular presidential candidate is that the former role is one she was "asked to do by a man." 

Lol she hasn't learned poo poo

I mean, that stuff did probably play a role, but the biggest thing that damaged her was "running a lovely campaign"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Efexeye posted:

those are viet cong

Knight posted:

I think it's from Punisher: Born, so those are Viet Cong storming an American outpost.

Ah ok that makes more sense

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Drunk & Ugly posted:

their sacrifice was kind of nothing is what you mean
i mean imagining dying under bush

but then imagine dying under.. trump lol

Imagine killing another human being under the orders of Donald Trump. The Commander in Chief. Lol

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

kickascii posted:

Really seems like DJT is doing the exact same poo poo as Obama did in 2013, he even called it a "red line" that was crossed and doesnt leave any any possiblity that Assad was framed, like most every other gas attack in Syria over the past few years.

You're right, who could imagine that the guy running death camps (just ask caro!) and dropping barrel bombs against their own population would be capable of using chemical weapons!
:monocle:

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

bag em and tag em posted:

Imagine killing another human being under the orders of Donald Trump. The Commander in Chief. Lol

That's why you just send missiles! easy D

red19fire
May 26, 2010

bag em and tag em posted:

And now I'm lolling remembering there were a bunch of soldiers who refused to go to Iraq/Afghanistan until Obama 'proved' he was a US citizen. Because of the trump-funded birthed movement. Orly Taitz. Lol.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Multilake posted:

That's why you just send missiles! easy D

:golfclap:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

red19fire posted:

And now I'm lolling remembering there were a bunch of soldiers who refused to go to Iraq/Afghanistan until Obama 'proved' he was a US citizen. Because of the trump-funded birthed movement. Orly Taitz. Lol.

I remembered Orly Taitz the other day and indulged in a little chuckle

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

red19fire posted:

And now I'm lolling remembering there were a bunch of soldiers who refused to go to Iraq/Afghanistan until Obama 'proved' he was a US citizen.

Oh drat if you're a soldier you can just say Waaahhh waaahh I don't want to do my duty? What happened to them? gonna preemptively guess that americans pooled together their paychecks and sent them care packages and diapers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

Oh drat if you're a soldier you can just say Waaahhh waaahh I don't want to do my duty? What happened to them? gonna preemptively guess that americans pooled together their paychecks and sent them care packages and diapers.

Of course, they are obligated to fight enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I never really thought about it before. Is there estimated public data showing how frequently tantrums are thrown by groups of enlisted men per election? I've never seen any graph showing the bitch fluctuations but one must exist somewhere in the gov.

edit: Like there must have been dudes going "No, I didn't sign up to get led by no monkey" before Obama too.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I remember soldiers, but mainly the spouses for some reason, flipping the gently caress out saying they wouldn't reenlist and poo poo when DADT was repealed. It was dumb as gently caress. The army drug its feet on and and sent surveys about how soldiers and their spouses felt about it and stuff before implementing the rule. Unlike say every other rule they pass arbitrarily all the time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Breaking news: soldiers are fully capable of being retard assholes just like everyone else.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Breaking news: soldiers are fully capable of being retard assholes just like everyone else.

They are much better at it actually

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I remember soldiers, but mainly the spouses for some reason....

Oh you know the reason

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

hseroK divaD posted:

You're right, who could imagine that the guy running death camps (just ask caro!) and dropping barrel bombs against their own population would be capable of using chemical weapons!
:monocle:

Not an effective death camp tbh, just ask Caro (he isn't dead)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
not Trump but I still lol'd

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/850449389214683138

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The word is negligently :mad:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
good luck,

In the space of a couple years, the paratroopers of 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division have gone from making plans to inactivate the brigade to preparing for a deployment to Afghanistan.

About 1,500 soldiers from the unit based at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, will deploy in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel later this year, according to a Friday release from the Army.

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/bct-was-set-for-inactivation-but-now-1-500-of-the-soldiers-will-deploy-to-afghanistan

syria next probably, after that, bigly so

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

My friend was talking about being worried her husband is deployed to Kuwait. I'll bet she's happy now

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

:newlol:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I wish I could get a job naming army operations.

FREEDOM'S SENTINEL

JUSTICE SHIELD

DESERT SWORD

THROBBING PILLAR OF LIBERTY

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

THROBBING PILLAR OF LIBERTY

Don't leak the internal 9/11 operation name

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i didn't sign up for this onion timeline :colbert:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Clinton, who was interviewed by Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times after being introduced by Samantha Bee from Full Frontal, said Russian meddling, FBI Director James Comey's release of information on the investigation of her emails, and WikiLeaks releases all played a role, as did misogyny. She said that while she believes Comey and WikiLeaks "had the determinative effect," there were certainly some people who had "real problems" with the idea of a woman president, NBC News reports.

Sure, you can make a case for all those things playing some sort of a role--

quote:

Clinton said she believes the reason she was a popular secretary of state but an unpopular presidential candidate is that the former role is one she was "asked to do by a man." 

*in Jack Donaghy voice* Good God, Clinton.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Meanwhile, Milo Yiannopoulos called the US missile attack “FAKE and GAY," (it's not clear what that means)

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Blue Train posted:

Meanwhile, Milo Yiannopoulos called the US missile attack “FAKE and GAY," (it's not clear what that means)

Lol

What isn't gay about having fifty hot plugs jammed up into you

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Trump presented with plan to place nukes in South Korea: report

quote:

The National Security Council has presented President Trump with options in response to North Korea's nuclear program that include placing American nuclear weapons in South Korea, NBC News reported on Friday.

Multiple top-ranking military and intelligence officials told the news source that another option presented to Trump by the National Security Council is an operation to kill the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Get ready for some fun you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea let's take out the leader of north korea what's the worst that could happen