Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

Lmao is Kerry trying to say Obama was useless for 8 years or something? Lol. Where is Obama anyway, nothing to say now except for in the book he's writing with Michelle?

Thanks Obama!

"Have fun, shitlords! <3 Obama"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

holy poo poo

save your "holy poo poo" when you get to the post stating he'se going back and deleting these tweets

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I was to watch a sentai show which one should I start with? These gifs are terribly amusing.

prob depends a lot what yr interests are, even if the genre formula is strong af on the power rangers side

also depends if you wanna watch more than one, in which case id recommend a sorta good but not the best one so that its not all downhill from the recommendation, or if you wanna watch exactly one

on the stream i enjoyed mystic force but by that point i was v familiar w the tropes and so on, and it seems like power ranger fans dont like it much because it has a main character instead of spreading protagonism around to all the rangers???????

maybe try in space to start, its basically a big campy genre soap opera about the budget and quality of a season of dr who from the 80s

the japan stuff idk but apparently jetman is good????? ive only watched a few lil bits from a few of the series over the past , cant say for sure as to recommendation

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Epic High Five posted:

What the hell is one of them things

they wanted to see my energy bill and get me to sign something and to say yes into a phone

do not do any of these things

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

they wanted to see my energy bill and get me to sign something and to say yes into a phone

for the record i wasnt smart enough to call it off before the phone part, but i did give a false name, signature, and account number

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bill nye would legit be a great person to have in a high government office

almost nobody outside the sciences understands how ridiculously quick the pace of technological development would be if we just poured money into the nsf and nih, especially in biotech. it's like we're sitting on a +300% research bonus in a strategy game that's being ignored even though it's really cheap compared to further military buildup

a literal cure for cancer probably could have been bought for the price of the f35

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

same :q:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Pollyanna posted:

living up to that username

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pollyanna posted:

hello trump thread, dont be like me and get roped up in a door to door energy scam

u ain't my boss

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pollyanna posted:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I was to watch a sentai show which one should I start with? These gifs are terribly amusing.

Gokaiger

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jazerus posted:

almost nobody outside the sciences understands how ridiculously quick the pace of technological development would be if we just poured money into the nsf and nih, especially in biotech. it's like we're sitting on a +300% research bonus in a strategy game that's being ignored even though it's really cheap compared to further military buildup

a literal cure for cancer probably could have been bought for the price of the f35

yeah, it would be great to have somebody with no government experience in high office.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yinlock posted:

dude don't get depressed over donald loving trump

he's not worth it

it's prolly not because trump bad tbh, i've struggled greatly with depression my whole life

oh well

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I credit Obama for taking a stand and refusing to get too deeply involved in the no-win situation in Syria. He sacrificed a fair amount of his own credibility by not enforcing the "red line" threat, instead using diplomacy to get rid of the majority of Assad's chemical weapons.

Probably saved us a billion in that one decision too.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i saw prob a solid half of rpm and its almost certainly the best series on a lot of levels (of the ones i saw any of) but some of that comes from its tendency toward lite but unsubtle deconstruction of the genre tropes so maybe watch that one later

someone in the thread recommended the one w the dog who is a cop and a power ranger but i didnt watch more than a few lil chunks of a few episodes of that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

bill nye for veep
gregg popovich for senator

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/...d301948883.html

quote:

Or, instead, you can buy a Porsche 911 GT3, gun it up to 120 mph on the West Dodge Expressway, smash it into a wall, miraculously walk away from the wreckage, shrug and go buy another Porsche 911 GT3.

I just added this up, because it’s lunchtime and I am hungry: For $250,000, you can buy 20,000 5-ounce bacon-wrapped filet mignons from Omaha Steaks. That’s a lot of bacon-wrapped steak, my friend! And if you decide, well, that’s probably a little too much bacon-wrapped steak, you can instead take that quarter-million dollars and make the year of a charity that supports homeless veterans, or single parents, or abandoned animals.

Taylor Royal did not do any of those things with the nearly quarter-million dollars his parents donated to him during the course of his quixotic mayoral campaign.

quote:

And, in Tuesday’s primary election, Taylor Royal earned himself 6,144 votes. He spent roughly $41 in family money for every vote he received.

Lol asks the kid's father "the gently caress were you thinking" and then dunks on him again. The writer tries a little too hard to be like a weirdly Mormon and mild HST and it's typically irritating to read but this while article is lol

quote:

I had to ask Scott Royal the question, and so I did. Are you glad you and your wife dumped nearly $250,000 into the mayoral campaign of your son, who then received 6,144 votes on Tuesday?

If you had to do it over again, would you buy two Porsches or 20,000 bacon-wrapped steaks or donate the money to charity or do something else entirely? More simply: Do you feel good about your investment?

“Oh yeah, absolutely, I’m definitely happy and satisfied,” Scott Royal said. “We love this city, and we love the individual that was the candidate. I don’t think I could have spent it on a better cause.”

That’s a head-shaking statement. But I can promise you that, when Scott Royal said it, he sounded like the most honest man alive.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 8, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

financially racist posted:

it's prolly not because trump bad tbh, i've struggled greatly with depression my whole life

oh well

find beauty in the little things

and take the time to look

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I trust Bill to Fund science/space/arts and to Not drop nukes

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i know what a horse ebooks is but i dont know what a scott evest is

is it dumber than the shirt that was specially designed to not be tucked in?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

power rangers-wise rpm is actually genuinely good

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

yeah, it would be great to have somebody with no government experience in high office.

Not a scientist, either

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

basically any regular joe can do the job of president as long as you dont follow the trump model of hiring the dumbest motherfuckers imaginable

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Too late I started watching Timeranger from 2000. I love the ridiculous pacing for children with short attention spans. Also a giant robot literally hit their ship into the past with its fist. I'll look for that one next; it seems Amazon Prime here has tons of them.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
god i want TRUMP: I’m Being Dominated By Homosexuals so badly but the title is good right now

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

I trust Bill to Fund science/space/arts and to Not drop nukes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MadJackal posted:

I credit Obama for taking a stand and refusing to get too deeply involved in the no-win situation in Syria. He sacrificed a fair amount of his own credibility by not enforcing the "red line" threat, instead using diplomacy to get rid of the majority of Assad's chemical weapons.

Probably saved us a billion in that one decision too.

Lol, yeah I sure am glad President Trump is leading us in a war with Syria rather than Obama!

Thanks Obama!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Too late I started watching Timeranger from 2000. I love the ridiculous pacing for children with short attention spans. I'll look for that one next; it seems Amazon Prime here has tons of them.

that works too, watch gokaiger next tho

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
tbh if the american people voted to poo poo all over my legacy i'd just be all "peace out assholes lol" and hang out on whore island just like obama

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

living up to that username

yeah im a jackass

p much

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/850499863171276800

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

fund my rear end in a top hat

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

#FireKushner is trending and I think this is the base breaker.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Democrats love Trump and Fat White Nazis not so much? I think I am being dominated by homosexuals.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Internet Webguy posted:

tbh if the american people voted to poo poo all over my legacy i'd just be all "peace out assholes lol" and hang out on whore island just like obama

Whore island sounds a lot better than any place in america.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

The 2014 Sochi Olympics legacy lives on

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

this opinion is short and loving incredible, ya'll

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/161733R1.P.pdf

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

God I'm so jealous

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

that guy always reminded me of the liberal rush limbaugh, he was a loud rear end in a top hat but he was usually complaining about the right things

guess he used to be a conservative so its not that big of a surprise

if he would've stuck with it he probably could've gotten a primo fox news gig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

microtransactions are getting out of hand

• Locked thread