Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's because no one wants an "Outlander" when they can buy an Outback for the same price and know it will outlast that Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi is as good as dead. It's like watching Saab die all over again, but without GM dabbling and an economic crisis going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
:stare:

loving WHAT mitsubishi what the gently caress are you thinking

Also that 300ZX would be pretty :krad:. The interiors of them are comfortable as heck with amazing build quality.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea buy that Datsun hct

If my weekend car didn't require a back seat for little beanie I'd have bought some type of Z car a long rear end time ago. That said I am loving my tiny German rocket ship.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

9k for it seems loving ridic though

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My mom had a 3000GT VR4 back when I was in school and she loved it because all the other moms drove minivans or Suburbans

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Last couple of they were talking about getting out of the NA auto market totally.

Blame Nissan on giving them a cash infusion.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah all the DSM poo poo was flaming garbage. I still wouldn't own a Mitsu, idk if they've improved any or not though.

:spergin: The DSM cars (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) were built in the Normal, Illinois plant. The 3kgt/Stealth were built in Japan.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My mom had a 3000GT VR4 back when I was in school and she loved it because all the other moms drove minivans or Suburbans

Your mom loving owns

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I forgot all about the Plymouth Laser lol

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I forgot all about Plymouth lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah that too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man there were some lovely rear end cars there for awhile trying to do like an expensive nostalgia old car after the PT Cruiser thing hit I think. That Ford Thunderbird, Plymouth Prowler, that chevy truck with the vette engine thing.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Don't forget the Chevy HHR :barf:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Would it matter with that much sudden tension?

Possibly. Injuries from synthetic are usually not as severe.

orange juche posted:

Nah it was, it was coming off the winch of that jeep in the background. A winch cable wont hold if you throw 4000 lbs against it moving at a good clip.

That doesn't mean it was steel. I'm actually thinking it was synthetic based on the lack of snapping around. I wouldn't trust those dudes anyway, you're supposed to drape a blanket or something...ANYTHING...over the line to deaden it if it breaks.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Chevy's plan to make a small mini van cool was to make it look like a Pt cruiser, like 5 years after anyone cared about the pt crusier lmao

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
drat they were making the HHR as recently as 2011

edit: I think the only HHRs I've ever seen driving around were some small business owned delivery truck or something, and even then probably less than a dozen

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
lol, I got one as a rental back in 2010 and it had the worst acceleration of anything i've ever driven, including an early 80s Buick.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My mom had a PT cruiser for a bit, it was god awful. Also awful was a Sebring I had as a rental.

Chrysler is so loving bad

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

For extra money you could opt for even less visibility :haw:

E: I believe this was a pt cruiser option as well

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
they sold just a bit more than 400k of those apparently. That seems really low for a GM car

edit: well its still 4x more than what the Aztek sold lol

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 8, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

My mom had a PT cruiser for a bit, it was god awful. Also awful was a Sebring I had as a rental.

oh god why the gently caress did anyone ever buy those. I can't remember the last time I saw one driving around, maybe they're all busted.

Why did anyone buy those and the Ford Thunderbird

:barf:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My mom doesn't know much about cars, and ended up getting a PT Cruiser as a rental once. She asked me later if she was correct in thinking that it's the worst car in the world, which it is.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those T-birds in red or black with the top down are sweet rides bro.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the same twisted sicko designed both the pt cruiser and the hhr

my little brother drives an old infiniti i30, basically an upscale maxima. glass on one of the headlights is cracked, so i figured no big, headlight assemblies usually run 100-200 bucks. not for the i30. they cost around 1 grand :catstare:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I drove one of my old boss's thunderbird once. It wasn't terrible but I really didn't feel like I was driving a $40k dollar car

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Also I'm at the Microsoft store there's more employees than customers. They're nice enough but my loving piece of poo poo surface, have to get it exchanged, $450 ugh.

I guess it could be worse, since I'm out of warranty. I should have been a bitch and exchanged it when I had a chance because of the minimal light bleed.

I love the drat thing but holy poo poo it has so many QC issues what a joke

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

my little brother drives an old infiniti i30, basically an upscale maxima. glass on one of the headlights is cracked, so i figured no big, headlight assemblies usually run 100-200 bucks. not for the i30. they cost around 1 grand :catstare:

Well call State Farm cause that poo poo is probably totaled

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

There was a trim level of the PT cruiser with the SRT-4 engine. Still no excuse to buy one, though.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man SRT-4 neons make me laugh too

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I drove one of my old boss's thunderbird once. It wasn't terrible but I really didn't feel like I was driving a $40k dollar car

The retro T-bird's biggest problem was that it had a worthless engine. A tiny (3.9L) V8 which offered big V8 fuel economy with old-school V6 performance. It peaked at 280 hp. Apparently it was a Jaguar engine, which kind of explains a few things.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Modded cars are universally cheaper than an unmolested car anyways

They're worth less, but they're often not cheaper. Everybody wants to get back all they money they put into it, which only works if you've got something suuuuuper special.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Ya I preferred the svt focus when it came to affordable high school horsepower

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The engine was pretty sweet. Too bad about the rest of the car.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kazinsal posted:

Your mom loving owns

Her car after that was a Jaguar XJ12 which was a hilariously unreliable piece of poo poo but it was a Jag and had a V12 so it had its own special wonderness

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 8, 2017

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Also I'm at the Microsoft store there's more employees than customers. They're nice enough but my loving piece of poo poo surface, have to get it exchanged, $450 ugh.

I guess it could be worse, since I'm out of warranty. I should have been a bitch and exchanged it when I had a chance because of the minimal light bleed.

I love the drat thing but holy poo poo it has so many QC issues what a joke

My job tried to issue out surfaces about a 3 months before I started and it was a disaster. I got lucky and they had gone back to regular laptops

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Well call State Farm cause that poo poo is probably totaled

he bought it like that. i think he paid 3500? either way we said gently caress it, just taped it up and sourced some cheap hids from amazon. hed have to burn thru like 100 bulbs before theyd cost the equivalent of a replacement assembly v:shobon:v

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Time for some eBay HIDZZZZZ

Edit: drat this thread is moving fast tonight

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

they sold just a bit more than 400k of those apparently. That seems really low for a GM car

edit: well its still 4x more than what the Aztek sold lol

Is it bad that I kind of want an Aztek? It doesn't look at weird any more.

Also irregular remind to watch the Expanse.

It is Really Good.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
When they got rid of the cladding on the side it helped it a lot

edit: this is the pontiac I want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrIv1JDlhg

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

When they got rid of the cladding on the side it helped it a lot

edit: this is the pontiac I want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrIv1JDlhg

Yes holy poo poo everyone in this clip is having A BLAST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dude it has like hoses and water tanks its insane

to the edge, the excitement edge