Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the games I like are good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ruggington posted:

Can't beat that logic.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

these games include Hyperdimension Neptunia. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Megadimension Neptunia VII. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: SISTERS GENERATION. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Currently in beppu. This place really reminds me of persona 4. The mist. The look of this place.
The onsen here was also pretty amazing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ruggington posted:

these games include Hyperdimension Neptunia. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Megadimension Neptunia VII. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: SISTERS GENERATION. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection.

I trusted you. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

What kind of game is exist archive like? Visual novel?

It's a Valkyrie profile spiritual successor but it kinda sucks

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I think I need to bring up again that - for $10 or less - it's pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No amount of money not paid could convince me a game that boring was worth playing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zenintrude posted:

I think I need to bring up again that - for $10 or less - it's pretty good.
i barely have enough time to play good games that i paid 60 dollars for, why would i spend my time playing a bad game i paid ten dollars for

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Endorph posted:

i barely have enough time to play good games that i paid 60 dollars for, why would i spend my time playing a bad game i paid ten dollars for

I'm not suggesting it for you. I'm suggesting it for people who want a new game for their Vita that's cheap and decent. It's not going to set the world on fire (obviously), but it's also not "a bad game"

The fact that you haven't played it (and thus can't confirm or deny if it's "bad") and are instead spending your time not playing your $60 games suggests that you have no real reason to weigh in here.

Good ol goonthink at work :v:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 8, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have played it

it's a very bad game

the valkyrie profile mobile game is legitimately better and that's free

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Endorph posted:

i have played it

it's a very bad game

Cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
exist archive certainly does exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell I imported a Japanese copy for PS4 and was sorely, disgustingly disappointed.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Played some more danganronpa 2 during a long shinkansen ride. I'm glad the spoiler i saw happened in the 1st chapter. On to the second chapter. Its starting to get good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Is it basically an archive that stores whether or not something exists? Is it an archive endowed with motivation to exist? Is the name completely unrelated to the game in any way shape or form?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You'll have to Infinite Undiscover that for yourself.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I fear it may just be false Legend, or perhaps the Legacy of developers with little inspiration.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I didn't think Exist archive was terrible or anything, but it sure was buggy. Felt really padded out too with the multiple endings and extra dungeon stuff. Typical recent Tri-Ace - some interesting ideas that didn't really work as a whole. The intro song was aggressively awful too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I actually enjoyed Star Ocean V more than Exist Archive.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I did too. It should have been clearer about the importance of setting roles properly and there was too much backtracking but it didn't outstay its welcome too much. Certainly miles better than the 4th game, which was just a big sprawling mess and used the one thing I liked about it, combat, as a punishment so much I ended up hating that too. Changing discs based on location like an Amiga game was maybe nostalgic in the wrong way, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't have that problem if you played it on PS3. :v:
It was still poo poo though.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ruggington posted:

Ruggington posted:

Indeed.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
anime is a disease

a disease with good games, occasionally

sometimes

very rarely

but when it happens, it's very good

it's still anime

still a disease

but at least you can face the jury and say with a full heart "yeah, but the gameplay is good"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

literally everything in the world that is remotely good is anime

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
*looks at a loaf of freshly baked garlic bread*

*a big ol' pair of wobbly anime eyes sprout out of it*

holy poo poo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

I AM THE TOILET posted:

*looks at a loaf of freshly baked garlic bread*

*a big ol' pair of wobbly anime eyes sprout out of it*

holy poo poo

Honestly, when I hear 'giant Anime eyes' I don't actually think about Anime, but Disney's Rapunzel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
I MEAN WHEN YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT (AND READ 800 WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES AS I HAVE) MICKEY MOUSE IS ACTUALLY THE FIRST ANIME, LIKE EVER

I MEAN TEZUKA-SAN HIMSELF CITED DISNEY AS A REFERENCE FOR HIS CREATIONS AND FURTHERMORE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

anime

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

are you okay, I Am The Toilet

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I trusted you. :(

i was gonna list all of them but i was on my phone

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I beat all the DLC maps for Lost Dimension and, while some of them were kinda dickish, it was a pretty decent time. Himeno and Agito are good and cool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

literally everything in the world that is remotely good is anime

who knew Slaughterhouse-5 was an anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I MEAN WHEN YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT (AND READ 800 WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES AS I HAVE) MICKEY MOUSE IS ACTUALLY THE FIRST ANIME, LIKE EVER

I MEAN TEZUKA-SAN HIMSELF CITED DISNEY AS A REFERENCE FOR HIS CREATIONS AND FURTHERMORE

do you need a therapist for these anime insecurities, in the vita thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I AM THE TOILET posted:

vita is life, my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

who knew Slaughterhouse-5 was an anime

those of us "in the know" did