Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I didn't get too far, but I did like that the Dragon attitude was basically "Let's just turn this guy loose and see what he wants to do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I didn't get too far, but I did like that the Dragon attitude was basically "Let's just turn this guy loose and see what he wants to do."

It legitimizes playing as a drunk guy who wears a horse mask, speedo, and nothing else.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Tonight's dev stream was short but had some interesting stuff in. Cross faction cabals aren't promised but it's on the list of stuff they want to do.

I've surprised myself with how ridiculously hyped I am for this relaunch, won't be long before I'm outside Funcom's window at night like:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Gameplay actually looks a lot smoother, though I hope they change their mind about removing sliders for character creation since that's pretty lovely.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The stream was amazing if only because of "fusangprojects" and several people arguing with each other for two straight hours about PvP in twitch chat.

After the stream had already ended.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It reminds me of Blade and Soul's system.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Holy Lord on high they managed to make character customization....

....worse?!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tallgeese posted:

Holy Lord on high they managed to make character customization....

....worse?!

It's nowhere near as bad as Destiny's, but yeah that sucks sliders are out (for now)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I don't understand why this is so difficult.

RGB sliders for all color related things!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If any of you old timers have ski boots back from Christmas, hit me up as Yawk ingame. I will upgrade your wardrobe in exchange for the Legends transfer.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So I ground up some more stuff, and got level1 in all my new augment wheel, even though I don't have the AP to resonate anything yet, but I decided to faceplant myself into Tokyo anyway to see the story.
So far my attempt to use this pistol build has fallen flat on its face: http://www.tsw-builder.com/#87v770776802702735813713a10p836612845121210932421a11
I basically just die very quickly while trying to run the rotation on that against things in Tokyo.

However, my previous (terrible, dull, but somehow reliable???) AR/Blade leech build is still working and keeping me alive through the few Tokyo missions I've done so far.
This is it:
http://www.tsw-builder.com/#19v911954170102106113g02a00p912916905110114332160a01
It's slow, dull, but somehow keeps me alive regardless of anything else unless I do something stupid.

The blades get assigned to psychic and demonic, while the AR gets given cybernetic on my first set of AEGIS.
So far this has mostly kept me alive, so long as I'm careful about what and how I engage.
This is combined with the Park Heal necklace item, the lion belt purple reward from the storyline (I think?) and then a set of pure attack rating purples for all other slots with a mix of hit and pen green glyphs.
Ditto for all purple weapons.
I've got no signets, attunements, augments, or anything else.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Get the second set of controllers from the guy in the tank (Tower Defence). The AEGIS shields on enemies are actually pretty small, once you get to 4-5% of your damage being converted, the shields go down quickly. Get the mod that autoswitches your controllers based on what you're targeting and random mobs will cease to be a problem. Once you get a few levels of the skill that improves your in-combat swap speed, bosses shouldn't be any trouble either.

You don't need the augments to handle Tokyo, they're pretty much just an AP dump for people with nothing left to spend it on.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was my very first proper mission in Tokyo so I guess I should check my inventory, thanks.
Having a full set will make my life much easier.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Rolled a new char on Arcadia, because I wanted to reserve a name and see Kingsmouth again.

There were people there! And jesus, starting rifle/blood is so much better than the muddle I had there the first time.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I bought the ultimate edition back in like 2015 and fizzled out right after savage coast. Not exactly certain why, but I'm sure the talk of the horrible, soul-crushing endgame may have had something to do with it. Sounds like a great way to get back into the game since I didn't really invest too much into the original game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bieeardo posted:

There were people there! And jesus, starting rifle/blood is so much better than the muddle I had there the first time.

Open Vein is a godsend for taking down packs before they can close with you. A lot of your other ranged AoE builders will have 1 sec cast times, but OV's cast time matches the .5 sec GCD.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Ooh, noted, thanks!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I was thinking of coming back to this out of the blue, having quit after the third US section and maybe the first Egypt part, but I guess since they're relaunching I should wait since I have to create a new character anyway? Will my Unicorn mask carry over? Also how do I reserve a name for the relaunch?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's too late to reserve a name, I think the cutoff was last week sometime.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

angerbeet posted:

It's too late to reserve a name, I think the cutoff was last week sometime.

False I just reserved mine. All you do is sign in to the tsw account page on funcoms site and there's an option to reserve a name

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yeah, I just reserved the wrong name by accident :downs:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You can cancel it and pick another.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've never been one for fantasy settings so I hope that the reboot makes it worthwhile for me to get back to killing eldritch horrors with an assault rifle and maybe a big hammer.

Maybe.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Len posted:

False I just reserved mine. All you do is sign in to the tsw account page on funcoms site and there's an option to reserve a name

If you didnt log in in 6 months like me you get to reserve a cool name like CHARACTER404518

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

dumb and kinda scared posted:

If you didnt log in in 6 months like me you get to reserve a cool name like CHARACTER404518
Presumably you get prompted to rename that when you log in to the game? I mean, I'd hope but I'm totally open to the possibility that your character is now called that forever because Funcom. :v:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

You can cancel it and pick another.

Thanks!

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Logging into the actual game lets you change that to whatever you like.

I did this and then was promptly killed by winged tentacle things. I forget how to do everything.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I downloaded and logged in for the first time in years to claim all my cosmetic stuff in case some of it gets transferred. Nice that they are giving grandmasters permanent sub status in legends. I always regretted buying that, but not anymore! Assuming legends is cool and good.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Spend your monthly bonus points on bulk bags for more cosmetics!

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This is kinda stupid to have to download the whole thing to only login for 5 minutes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Have they said what does and doesn't transfer yet?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember hating ak'ab quite this much.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Bieeardo posted:

I don't remember hating ak'ab quite this much.

Really? They're like the number one complaint people have

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I hated them before, but this was something altogether new. I didn't remember them aggroing from a few dozen yards away when I'm trying to pick one off.

It didn't seem to happen just now, going in with blood magic instead of rifle. Can those buggers hear gunshots, or was that just luck?

Edit: The theme park is still a horrible, buggy pile of poo poo. Not sure I'll have the patience to reach Blue Mountain before the re-release.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 14, 2017

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

randombattle posted:

Have they said what does and doesn't transfer yet?

Back a couple pages there was some info posted from a Stream but that's it so far.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I've seen the new combat UI and tutorial, it's good. Feels like this is what the combat system should've been in the first place.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Is it as good as dark"souls"??

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I don't think you can hack TSW as well, so no.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is the combat similar to ESO now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Like ESO but the attacks actually look like they're doing something.

• Locked thread