Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

TheObserver posted:

Ok, thanks. There's also an "ERROR: TROPHY_RUN_TURTLE" in the trophies list. If you can say anything, does it have to do with the animal posters, or something further down the line?

Is there a turtle decoration unlockable for the safe house? I mean like an actual turtle.

My friend was showing me his safehouse and next to where Jiro is on a shelf was a turtle on it's back. The interact key let you turn it back over. But my friend couldn't see it in his view.

Edit: Also a bunch of his guns spawned in his living room and made it look like some kind of new space gun.

Roberto_Silencio fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That's the circular saw without a blade, and is actually stuck in my floor in Safehouse Raid as well. I also got a screenshot of some form of developer marker for where light emits from a lamp in Dallas' office. I love this game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hotfix up, fixes most commonly reported bugs in the heist. The trophy is for finding a living turtle in the heist- its location is random.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Also the melee damage reverts are confirmed as intentional.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Heat Street is way easier than its PD: TH predecessor and the same basic strategy applies: book it for the crash site at the start, trade anyone who gets left behind, hold there and burn Matt out, then methodically move through the remainder of the map. Did it on OD first try without having a particularly hard time of it. The difference between it and Goat Sim Day 1 is that while both are open maps, you don't actually need to run around this one searching for 15 loving animals. The only difficult part is the starting run to the crash site, because unlike in the first game the assault doesn't end once you reach it, so you may have to fight for some time before you can free anyone who got left behind.

If anyone is wondering about the other achievements, there's already a guide for the 8 animal posters, it takes ~30 minutes of waiting for the van to open if you don't use a gas can, and the no civilian kills achievement appears to work only on Overkill despite this not being reflected in the description.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Wastrel_ posted:

and the no civilian kills achievement appears to work only on Overkill despite this not being reflected in the description.

Got that one on hard when I was just loving around, so no.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Murdoch posted:

Also the melee damage reverts are confirmed as intentional.

Did they revert melee weapons to reasonable damage values?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

From the previous page:

chairface posted:

Melee weapon balance has changed again. Here's some :spergin: about melee weapons!

"Best" melee weapons:

Katana: 70(450) damage, 70(450) knockdown, 275 reach, 27 conceal, 4s charge time, 0.10s attack delay, 0.50s cooldown, 1.00s unequip delay
Ice Pick: 70(450) damage, 70(450) knockdown, 250 reach, 30 conceal, 4s charge time, 0.10s attack delay, 0.80s cooldown, 0.60s unequip delay
Utility Knife: 30(80) damage, 30(80) knockdown, 185 reach, 30 conceal, 2s charge time, 0.16s attack delay, 0.80s cooldown, 0.50s unequip delay
Weapon Butt: 30 damage, 30 knockdown, 150 reach, 30 conceal, no charged attack, no attack delay, 0.60s cooldown, 0.60s unequip delay
Buzzer: 20 damage, 20 knockdown, 200 reach, 30 conceal, 3.5s charge time, 0.10s attack delay, 0.70s cooldown, 1.00s unequip delay
Electrical Brass Knuckles: 20 damage, 20 knockdown, 200 reach, 30 conceal, 2s charge time, 0.20s attack delay, 0.55s cooldown, 1.00s unequip delay
Poisoned Kunai: 30(80) damage, 30(80) knockdown, 150 reach, 30 conceal, 2s charge time, 0.10s attack delay, 0.30s cooldown, 1.20s unequip delay

The Katana's the only "optimal" melee weapon that isn't at max conceal already and it has the best available reach and better cooldown than most all the other options - Only the Kunai has a shorter cooldown for rapid-fire attacks.
The Ice Pick is only slightly longer cooldown than the Katana but with a slightly faster unequip animation and the magical 30 concealment.
Utility Knife has the fastest unequip animation, although not by much.
Weapon Butt is always worth considering for the complete lack of any attack delay combined with the (shared with Ice Pick) second-fastest unequip animation.
Buzzer & Electrical Brass Knuckles both stun the target on hit; I'm not sure what charging either actually accomplishes besides making the tazer charge sound. If there's a bigger :spergin: who can fill me in on that it'd be much appreciated.
Poisoned Kunai stuns and does damage over time via the poison effect and has the shortest available cooldown; definitely the choice of someone who likes their stabbings to be described as "spree killings."

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

All of the following do 70(450):
Fireaxe
Spear of Freedom
Gold Fever
Shinsakuto Katana
Great Sword
Beaded Axe
Ice Pick
Pitchfork
Pounder Nail Gun
Chain Whip
Lumber Lite L2
Rezkoye

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Ugh I'm actually getting kind of into the paper heister contest. Currently testing the idea for a Pennsylvania heister who has a big red keystone on his mask and carries an SKS. Maybe make his suit Hunter Orange and he can never insert a wrong ingredient when cooking meth because he just knows better than Bain.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 5, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

For those of you who are secret hunters, there's an interesting pattern on the soles of the heister's shoes. When all folded together, you can definatly make out the "2" in payday 2, among other things.

When put together, you get things like this:

Someone is already putting them together:

The thought is that it leads to this:
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/thepuzzle/

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I have a theory on that, after talking to Vox and Metal. Can't wait for Green Bridge.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Access to new DLCs on my part as well as some recent rebalancing of Body Expertise and melee weapons has changed a lot of my builds. Once this event is over I'll make another effortpost of new/changed builds I've been fiddling with. Steakout + Arbiter remains a compelling weapon loadout choice, but there's also a lot to be said for Lil Friend + Uzi. Melee damage being unfucked means it's again possible to OHKO all the basic cops on OVK with a sensible skill setup that doesn't require charging the attack or Bloodthirst. The Tatonka makes an excellent fartgun and has better ammo pickup than it has any right to. And in a shocker that offended our very own Discendo Vox: Hitman: Actually a Good Deck?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

chairface posted:

And in a shocker that offended our very own Discendo Vox: Hitman: Actually a Good Deck?

Okay, you can't just leave that hanging. I've found a gimmick use or two, but good?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tempest_56 posted:

Okay, you can't just leave that hanging. I've found a gimmick use or two, but good?

Hitman, with all the armor regen skills, might make you pretty hard to kill.

Maybe.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Having +150% ammo for your Krinkovs is also nice.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Day 4's up. Crime Spree is live; there's now skins for armor and you can put Instagram filters on your screen as you play if for some reason you really need everything desaturated or tinted red.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tempest_56 posted:

Day 4's up. Crime Spree is live; there's now skins for armor and you can put Instagram filters on your screen as you play if for some reason you really need everything desaturated or tinted red.

Clearly you don't see the value of a e s t h e t i c in your crime game.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Tempest_56 posted:

The thing worth remembering with Hitman is that once your armor breaks, it will refill in 1.5s regardless of suppression or even getting hit further. I've been using it Frenzerk with HBV, no dodge, and Second Wind. As long as you can dash (with Second Wind) either to cover or just to a place you're getting shot less, you're only really trying to not die entirely for that 1.5s regen timer. Also of note for Hitman: If your armor breaks, and you Bullseye yourself back some armor, the 1.5s timer already started when your armor first broke; "unbreaking" it with Bullseye doesn't reset the time or cancel the effect. Since people have mentioned akimbo SMGs; sadly the Hitman akimbo ammo bonus ability appears to only apply to handguns, despite not specifying any such thing.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Looks like a lot of people are crashing when tying to go into Crime.Net. Even I'm crashing. Crime Spree has been delayed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

Since people have mentioned akimbo SMGs; sadly the Hitman akimbo ammo bonus ability appears to only apply to handguns, despite not specifying any such thing.
What the loving gently caress Overkill.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What the loving gently caress Overkill.

Actually seems like a pretty simple oversight, all things considered.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've not had this problem.

Crime Spree Notes: Start your own, then immediately "suspend" it. Your crime spree level won't progress properly until you at least start one. Once you do, your level will increase even if you're not hosting.

Joining games through steam appears to bypass the CC buy in.

The rewards for lower levels are laughable, less than you'd get for running heists individually. They appear to accelerate as level increases, though.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

I've not had this problem.

Crime Spree Notes: Start your own, then immediately "suspend" it. Your crime spree level won't progress properly until you at least start one. Once you do, your level will increase even if you're not hosting.

This is super important. Did two heists and realized I wasn't getting anything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm stuck in a loop right now where I can't continue the crime spree because it keeps crashing as soon as a map loads, and then it counts as me quitting out of the game so it forces me to buy back in.

No mods loaded in. 700 continental coins in the hole. Great loving update. :thumbsup:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
It looks like the Spring Break party bus...just crashed.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable stories of people getting paper cuts while making the papercraft heisters.

Edit: It seems to be working well for me, so far.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 7, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

PSA: Overkill hosed up with coding the filter settings. The default off option turns off flashbangs and black and white state. Just change the setting to anything else and change it back and the game will work properly.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

And trip report: Crime Sprees are pretty flawed currently. Near as I can tell, it starts you off on VH-ish settings (maybe Overkill? Not 100% sure, but the number of cops seemed way lower than Overkill) and you ramp up from there. Concept-wise it doesn't seem too bad and it's actually a pretty easy way to rack up Continental Coins, but there's some flaws.

1) Best I can tell, there's zero incentive to do anything more than the absolute minimum to succeed at the heist. Extra bags, optional objectives, none of it gives you anything since the XP/cash is based off the spree level rather than what you've gathered up. Gage packages do award, but that's it.
2) Disconnecting or leaving any time after the heist starts kills your spree. The host can drop/leave and you'll be fine, but this makes pubstoving pretty risky. If you get into a heist with a dickbag you're stuck for the duration, and you lose out if they've got a lovely connection and you fall off.
3) Crime Sprees don't show up on the Crime.Net map. You've got to change the filters to see them. (Because we totally needed the playerbase to split up further.) Not really a major issue if you just play with goons/friends, but a pain in the rear end generally.
4) The ramp-up seems kinda slow. First couple of heists are just plain too easy and six in I'm still sleep-walking. You can get some mildly interesting modifiers, though, to change things up.
5) A lot of the little unique details are gone - none of the heists have their normal default music (all are set to random track), and things like the White Xmas Cloakers are missing their santa hats.

Overall, it's a bit flat but has promise. In the current form, what jumps out at me is that it saves the rewards until you end the spree - I'm seeing obvious possible applications like storing up a couple million XP, hitting an infamy and then taking the reward to jump back to 100 again; and since the reward includes card drops, saving the spree up and cashing it out once a week to get a statistically guaranteed safe drop/getting all the mods in the latest DLC pack in one go.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Advice for anyone going for the 250 rank achievement: the game will crash. A lot. Any crash counts as quitting out, so you'll need to buy back in with coins to continue gaining ranks. It's highly recommended that everybody in the group including the host disable all their mods to minimize crashing, which will still happen even if everyone has mods disabled (just less frequently). Crashes seem to happen most frequently during load screens; when this happens the host can back out to the lobby with no consequence when the map hasn't started so whoever crashed can rejoin and buy back in. If you continue the map with the person just rejoining to the loadout screen, it will not tell them the heist doesn't count for their crime spree until the success screen. At the lobby screen, it will say whether you not your crime spree is active if you click on the rewards tab at the top left; to buy back in click the button at the bottom right.

The difficulty starts at Overkill and doesn't really ramp up til you're about rank 150 or so and you've stacked a handful of "increase enemy damage and health" boosts. Stealth eventually becomes "no pagers, can't kill civs" because the game will eventually force you to pick those. The enemy boosts appear to be flat multipliers that don't account for regular difficulty settings; after a certain point snipers start doing more damage than they do on One Down.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 7, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Some things to note with regard to the effects of the stat increases:
1. Enemy damage becomes an issue much faster than enemy health.
2. Shotgunners are normally removed on OD. Since they aren't in Crime Spree, they become a source of greater threat very rapidly.
3. Flat increases (like in crime spree) have divergent effects on enemies that already have more health or do more damage. This means:
3a. Snipers start doing much, much more damage much sooner.
3b. Dozers (especially LMG dozers and Black Dozers, who hit multiple times and thus are having the multiplier effect indirectly multiplied) become extremely dangerous.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah noticed. After mistakenly picking Lab Rats cause I forgot what it was, we got hosed UP by dozers at Crime Spree 61.

But man gently caress the rotation, I've had the option to play the Diamond like 3 times in a row due to the way it throws heists at you. Also I've had the option to continiue for 48 coins, so I said gently caress that. I can now buy the lvl 61 crime spree for 36, so great deal :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont have any mods that modify my Inventory, and I have all fifteen Inventory slots available. However, some of my Inventory slots have the same Skills set tied to them. This kinda fucks with my ability to use all fifteen of my slots, if I dont actually have the ability to use fifteen different skill setups. Anyone know how to fix this?

You press S when you are looking at the skills themselves, Jal you loving idiot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 8, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In other news: How to fix the total ammo problem of an SMG: Fully Loaded Aced, Akimbo Aced, and Hitman Perkdeck :c00l:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
It's complete bullshit that the raise in concealment for stealth heists in Crime Spree also raises your concealment OUT of stealth. Because of that a lot of my builds got gimped at the higher levels of play. It really shouldn't be like that! :rant:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

TopHatGenius posted:

It's complete bullshit that the raise in concealment for stealth heists in Crime Spree also raises your concealment OUT of stealth. Because of that a lot of my builds got gimped at the higher levels of play. It really shouldn't be like that! :rant:

Of all the lovely things I've read happening to people in Crime Spree, this is by far the worst one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really? loving rip dodge.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Ok, just had a crash at the planning screen before the intro played. If nothing else, this certainly makes the coins more valuable.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

TopHatGenius posted:

That's odd, I haven't encountered that problem. I used a crit shotgun build, and when we ran The Diamond my concealment was 13 on the planning screen but Wolfhud showed it as 4 after the heist went loud. Not much of a problem dodging.

Personally, I'm just glad they stuck to buffing enemies instead of disadvantaging players in loud. Even at level 250, the game is still easier than One Down because you get revived at 40% health, you have 4 downs with Nine Lives Aced, and you can even buy extra deployables with continental coins. Enemy health at level 248 was 1727 for FBI SWAT and about 20800 for dozers, so that was comfortable for my usual OD build as well. It's a fresh take on difficulty for Overkill - previously difficulty meant making nigh-unkillable enemies and then also loving over the player arbitrarily.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Next up:
- Armor piercing pistol. At a glance it looks stunning. Basically a Baby Deagle with more stability, almost triple the ROF, pierces shields. Half the ammo pool, though.
- Incendiary Grenade. Doesn't leave a pool of fire like a molotov, but sets stuff on fire. Comes in a 6-pack.
- Gimmick gadgets. A 45-degree angled low-magnification sight and a toggleable thing you can use to increase the zoom on your existing sight.
- Four animal masks (Lion, koala, chinchilla, turtle) for some of the Missing Animal posters in Heat Street.

Also the fluff suggests that Green Bridge will only be rescuing someone to tell us where Kento is, rather than actually grabbing Kento, so they're teasing that plotline out longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm a big fan of angled sights, they're ond of the few dumb tactical things that I think is genuinely neat.

Loved em in the 2012 Syndicate remake.