Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What have I become. My Eddest Balls.
Everyone I know. trump doctor sex cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

:yeah:

we are but actors who occupy a space on stage for a brief moment before we make our exit

i bought the guadiest tackiest ray ban sunglasses real cheap on a website and had the lenses remade to my prescription with gold reflective lenses. and i love it when people call me out on wearing this tacky bullshit because my response is:

"yeah i went to the rayban store and i said 'gimme something that would make a saudi prince blush' and they sure as gently caress delivered."

*decodes*
OH MY GODDDDD

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this iks heresy made form and is thus totally awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI3UfxyIdgs

this is going to be my campaign osong when i run ofor ruler of thegoddamned universrse ebtw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

🎶🎶The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Qu'ran's mute
If you burn them all together, you get close to the truth still
They are pouring over Sanskrit on the ivy league moons
While shadows lengthen in the sun🎶🎶

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

*decodes*
OH MY GODDDDD

i think you were going for brexit sure as gently caress delivered but you forgot to bold an r

unless we're on different wavelengths of th esoros conspiracy continuum. it doenst matter, ill see you at the next meeting. look for the guy wearing golden sunglasses and then ask who his assistant is, itll be me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

i think you were going for brexit sure as gently caress delivered but you forgot to bold an r

unless we're on different wavelengths of th esoros conspiracy continuum. it doenst matter, ill see you at the next meeting. look for the guy wearing golden sunglasses and then ask who his assistant is, itll be me

so i just got tthe job for sure so my TIAA CREF plan is smtg i eed to make choices with soon

I plan on kjust saying "as much up to the emploer match split between index fund and bonds plz thnx" am I loving myself by doing this? I'm early 30's and dumb as poo poo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in my world the r is bolded yeh. weird.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i saw conor obertst last year and i was so close to him and he was so drunk while sining Cape Canaveral that he spit on me a bit and I was loving honored

prmier songwriter of our generation by a huge margin, my god what an honor

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i wish all the syrian people would stop being murdered

and other people

in general

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

so i just got tthe job for sure so my TIAA CREF plan is smtg i eed to make choices with soon

I plan on kjust saying "as much up to the emploer match split between index fund and bonds plz thnx" am I loving myself by doing this? I'm early 30's and dumb as poo poo

if youre younger than 35 and youre not gonna touch anything you put into a 401k plan, which you cant draw from without penalty until youre 59.5 years old except for a few weird exceptions that dont really matter, GO AGGRESSIVE EQUITY

babycakes: BE AGRESSIVE B-E AGRESSIVE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

if youre younger than 35 and youre not gonna touch anything you put into a 401k plan, which you cant draw from without penalty until youre 59.5 years old except for a few weird exceptions that dont really matter, GO AGGRESSIVE EQUITY

babycakes: BE AGRESSIVE B-E AGRESSIVE

I'm 32

Tell me the magic words to tell the magical investment people

I like bonds tho b/c if poo poo hits the fan I can cash them in

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Epic High Five posted:

oh and btw beyond any other context, tis is the best song/video/urmombeingplowed to post to during *NITE KREW*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQFyoxCxs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

the needle tears a hole

the old familiar sting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

i still like the nine inch nails version a lot better, sorry old man johnny cash.

Epic High Five posted:

i saw conor obertst last year and i was so close to him and he was so drunk while sining Cape Canaveral that he spit on me a bit and I was loving honored

prmier songwriter of our generation by a huge margin, my god what an honor

i was talkin bright eyes with the girl im starting a band with earlier today and had to accept that the bright eyes i listened to in high school was not the bright eyes she listened to in high school.

like if we're not talkin fevers and mirrors we're not talkin bright eyes.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 8, 2017

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Hey guys, what do you call a brony that joins ISIS?

Rainbow Daesh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

i still like the nine inch nails version a lot better, sorry old man johnny cash.

cash version was loade with a lot more meaning because he was close to death and he was writing because life seemed so pointless despite all his moeny after his wife died

even Reznor admitted that Cash owned that songs

I love both versions tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trazz posted:

Hey guys, what do you call a brony that joins ISIS?

Rainbow Daesh

i had a hearty chortle at this, good job frand

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

cash version was loade with a lot more meaning because he was close to death and he was writing because life seemed so pointless despite all his moeny after his wife died

even Reznor admitted that Cash owned that songs

I love both versions tho

yeah, i mean like i get it and all but the nine inch nails version just sounds better. it's a song i'd rather listen to.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I'm 32

Tell me the magic words to tell the magical investment people

I like bonds tho b/c if poo poo hits the fan I can cash them in

no bonds youre too young

hit me up when you meet your stock people. theyre probably not going to let you join up with the 401k program at your job til youre in your current position for a year

but the most important point is that 401k funds are money you cant touch without tax penalties untl youre 60. treat it like money that wont ripen until you have grandkids. thats why you go all stocks in your 30s: youre not touching it for 30 years

too drunk to explain this so *wet fart*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

yeah, i mean like i get it and all but the nine inch nails version just sounds better. it's a song i'd rather listen to.

I can respect that

2 v differnent songs, both gonna have their proponents

I enjoyed the NIN version for just how "WTF DID I JUST WATCH" it was at the MTV awareds

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i wish all the syrian people would stop being murdered

and other people

in general

look at this loving berniebro demanding leniency for racists and sexists

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

no bonds youre too young

hit me up when you meet your stock people. theyre probably not going to let you join up with the 401k program at your job til youre in your current position for a year

but the most important point is that 401k funds are money you cant touch without tax penalties untl youre 60. treat it like money that wont ripen until you have grandkids. thats why you go all stocks in your 30s: youre not touching it for 30 years

too drunk to explain this so *wet fart*

I'll probalby meet them next week or so so I'll let you know. It's a public company that has been insanely generous and kind to me so far to the point htat despite being part itme until now I'm on the retirement plan. specifics beyond that I'll have you let you know.

I feel bad requesting advice beyond fast and loose drunk thread stuff because I don't know how to reward you for this beyond hiring lithe fuccbois to service you and as for that I wouldn't know where to begin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i gues have some neko fuckin' case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qclxx4uO0ac

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I can respect that

2 v differnent songs, both gonna have their proponents

I enjoyed the NIN version for just how "WTF DID I JUST WATCH" it was at the MTV awareds

yeah pretty much. the cash version is "old man reflecting on a checkered past" with acoustic guitars and all, and nin is "dude in his 20s dealing with being a junkie fuckup"

not even that i dislike cash's version, not at all, i think it's fine and very reflective of his life and career, probably the best self-evaluation a cover song could possibly be, i've just always admired how open and sparse the production is on the original, in addition to having a boner for trent reznor's voice.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i got drunk and photoshopped poo poo for an hour it was great

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Epic High Five posted:

I'll probalby meet them next week or so so I'll let you know. It's a public company that has been insanely generous and kind to me so far to the point htat despite being part itme until now I'm on the retirement plan. specifics beyond that I'll have you let you know.

I feel bad requesting advice beyond fast and loose drunk thread stuff because I don't know how to reward you for this beyond hiring lithe fuccbois to service you and as for that I wouldn't know where to begin

you could get him some crack

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

cumshitter posted:

we are but actors who occupy a space on stage for a brief moment before we make our exit

i bought the guadiest tackiest ray ban sunglasses real cheap on a website and had the lenses remade to my prescription with gold reflective lenses. and i love it when people call me out on wearing this tacky bullshit because my response is:

"yeah i went to the rayban store and i said 'gimme something that would make a saudi prince blush' and they sure as gently caress delivered."

:discourse:

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
money will be worthless in the great beyond. only suffering is eternal.

have a great day everyone!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

i love this poo poo. i worked in predatory consumer finance and now i help widows understand the bond portfolio their husbands set up as a steady stream of income for their wives before they kicked it (with my company taking a scoop off the top for managing it)

hit me up at cumshitteryay@gmail.com

im not an expert but i can give you a few pointers and get you wandering off in the right direction. junkyard poodle knows more than me i think he has his CFA (chartered financial analyst certificate)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODidAgdL40Y

Jack White: lookin' like a drowned corpse

Edge: guy who runs out to pump gasoline for a living

Jimmy Page: rolls in with lace cuffs, a coat with tails, guitar tuned like a loving sitar

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cumshitter posted:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODidAgdL40Y

Jack White: lookin' like a drowned corpse

Edge: guy who runs out to pump gasoline for a living

Jimmy Page: rolls in with lace cuffs, a coat with tails, guitar tuned like a loving sitar

i used to listen to the classic rock station when i went to sleep as a kid and kashmir was the scariest loving song to me. i had nightmares cause of that dang song.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FabioClone posted:

money will be worthless in the great beyond. only suffering is eternal.

have a great day everyone!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

yeah pretty much. the cash version is "old man reflecting on a checkered past" with acoustic guitars and all, and nin is "dude in his 20s dealing with being a junkie fuckup"

not even that i dislike cash's version, not at all, i think it's fine and very reflective of his life and career, probably the best self-evaluation a cover song could possibly be, i've just always admired how open and sparse the production is on the original, in addition to having a boner for trent reznor's voice.

ya, you said it better than I did

Both cover the beauty and pain of the song in different, amazing, beautiful, sincere ways. I can absolutely respect someone preferring one to the other, esp since both performers basically were putting their souls out to be judged and burned away.

I own on CD all of the HALOs and I followed Reznor for is whole career, but like with RHCP I learned the depth of agony there is there, except instead of Under the Bridge it was Hurt. NIN's Hurt was a shock to the world that Cash's never was, because it was a decaying fox and horror and pain and agony and addiction all rigtht in your face all during MTV awards and I dunno, it's just beautiful

I love both, it's kinda hard. I loved the Cash movie too but I thought it was cruel the way they just glossed over marriage #1 etc

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

anime was right posted:

i got drunk and photoshopped poo poo for an hour it was great

hell yeh thats the life

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i love this poo poo. i worked in predatory consumer finance and now i help widows understand the bond portfolio their husbands set up as a steady stream of income for their wives before they kicked it (with my company taking a scoop off the top for managing it)

hit me up at cumshitteryay@gmail.com

im not an expert but i can give you a few pointers and get you wandering off in the right direction. junkyard poodle knows more than me i think he has his CFA (chartered financial analyst certificate)

its cumshitter fundmaster approval

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
aint no better feelin for me than when im struttin' down the office block past the Subways and the Crimshaw's Crab Shack lunch places for all the office folk and Igot my bluetooth headphones on an my hair slicked back with new balancce shoes and sleevese rold up and I look at a girl, through my gold reflective prescription lenses,

and she nod

and i nod

and then as i keep walking by she adjust her hair

baby you cant figure out a guy this fly is gay?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

:chanpop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shiksa posted:

i used to listen to the classic rock station when i went to sleep as a kid and kashmir was the scariest loving song to me. i had nightmares cause of that dang song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kujH0ScAi0

lol this whole doc is full of Page just not giving a gently caress and White just being a gloomy gus, with Edge just wanting to talk about guitars.

"Is that a th-"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEERRRROOMMMM

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cumshitter posted:

aint no better feelin for me than when im struttin' down the office block past the Subways and the Crimshaw's Crab Shack lunch places for all the office folk and Igot my bluetooth headphones on an my hair slicked back with new balancce shoes and sleevese rold up and I look at a girl, through my gold reflective prescription lenses,

and she nod

and i nod

and then as i keep walking by she adjust her hair

baby you cant figure out a guy this fly is gay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the best way to pick up girls is to threaten to stab everyone you meet

the cool ones will be into it

• Locked thread