Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kaioken thus far appears to be a Toei anime thing and not something done by Toriyama so it'll probably never have real plot consequences outside of the SoL episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

ImpAtom posted:

I sort of have a vague suspicion that one potential outcome for the plot arc is Goku actually getting crippled by his Kaioken use and we get an arc where he is out of comission and dealing with ti while serious stuff is going on before it inevitably gets fixed.

Would have to occur either during the tournament itself or in some other instance where senzu beans were unavailable

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goku turning himself into a liability during the free-for-all because he overdid the kaioken and the others have to defend him for a bit to keep their numbers up would be interesting, but it would involve Goku not being the number one superstar so it wont happen

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Goku turning himself into a liability during the free-for-all because he overdid the kaioken and the others have to defend him for a bit to keep their numbers up would be interesting, but it would involve Goku not being the number one superstar so it wont happen

However, I could see Goku and Vegeta getting tunnel vision on Jiren/Toppo/the strong guys and the rest of the team having to frantically actually try to win.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That is exactly what will happen

Every rear end in a top hat with a big dick and chip on it is going to strut out and demand Goku's head, and he'll be stuck in some hopeless 1 on 10 of the biggest guns while he waku waku's over how goddamn happy he is to see everyone screaming and crying over their doom making them fight psychotically, while everyone else left has to actually goddamn work for a victory as they dodge gods spraying ki everywhere

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Would have to occur either during the tournament itself or in some other instance where senzu beans were unavailable

I get the impression that if Goku fucks up his Ki bad enough to get boneitis Senzu Beans aren't gonna fix it or else he'd have just gone and gotten some.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I get the impression that if Goku fucks up his Ki bad enough to get boneitis Senzu Beans aren't gonna fix it or else he'd have just gone and gotten some.

Yeah senzu gives you energy and fixes your meat but it doesn't let your ki unfuck itself from the equivalent of bench pressing an entire truck thanks to God Drugs beefing your aura, Goku might end this by permanently crippling his own ki

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would asking the Dragon to revive gokus energy be cheating in this fight? would they find out?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

bowmore posted:

would asking the Dragon to revive gokus energy be cheating in this fight? would they find out?

If Goku cripples himself in the middle of the fight how in the hell are they going to ask Shernon for poo poo unless they smuggle the dragon balls in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku's not gonna blow himself up or contract boneitis halfway through the battle royale

I can't actually think of anything goku's won since super started (unless you count whis cheating frieza out of his ragequit), so he's due a win

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku's not gonna blow himself up or contract boneitis halfway through the battle royale

I can't actually think of anything goku's won since super started (unless you count whis cheating frieza out of his ragequit), so he's due a win

You really think they'll have the bad guys win again?

This show is dark.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black August posted:

If Goku cripples himself in the middle of the fight how in the hell are they going to ask Shernon for poo poo unless they smuggle the dragon balls in
same way they did it in the kid buu fight?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yamcha can do it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

They should have Shenron fight on Universe 7 team

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rutibex posted:

They should have Shenron fight on Universe 7 team

That jobber was killed by King Piccolo, he'd be hosed.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

I sort of have a vague suspicion that one potential outcome for the plot arc is Goku actually getting crippled by his Kaioken use and we get an arc where he is out of comission and dealing with ti while serious stuff is going on before it inevitably gets fixed.

So pretty much all of Dragonball Z then?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei Hyde posted:

That jobber was killed by King Piccolo, he'd be hosed.

You need to have a good mix of skills to make a balanced party, Goku/Vegita would tank well Shanron uses wishes to buff the rest of the team. With no Senzu Beans they should also have Dende in there as a white mage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

So pretty much all of Dragonball Z then?

Yeah, pretty much exactly that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

You need to have a good mix of skills to make a balanced party, Goku/Vegita would tank well Shanron uses wishes to buff the rest of the team. With no Senzu Beans they should also have Dende in there as a white mage.

Really Dende duct taped to Piccolo is the best way to go about this whole tournament.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Why doesn't piccolo absorb dende so tien doesn't feel like a loser

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I thought when Piccolo absorbed Nail he said one of a few things regarding that; either they both had to be of the same 'caste' (Piccolo and Nail are both Warriors) or they had to have some kind of synchronization (Piccolo and Nail both had the same emotional range), so fusing with Dende might actually make Piccolo weaker, not stronger

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Because eating people for their power is loving horrific. Nail only did it because it was that or death and he wanted to save the planet (it didn't).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Because eating people for their power is loving horrific. Nail only did it because it was that or death and he wanted to save the planet (it didn't).

It's very appropriate for a horror series like dragon ball

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 7, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eating people to get stronger is basically a series staple

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Namekians fuse, unlike the majins which turn people into candy and eat them.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The horror of Dragon Ball, which can be summed up easily, simply across all 30 years, with just three words, three that ring in the mind of every single doomed being as they stand helpless before the onslaught and realize all they can do is

Wait For Goku

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

It's very appropriate for a horror series like dragon ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzWsFlzL-ms

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Namekians fuse, unlike the majins which turn people into candy and eat them.

buu doesn't need to do that to fuse with people

he just does it anyway

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

this is so wonderfully hosed up

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I get the feeling that Buu would love Sweeney Todd.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hindsight being 20/20, roshi really screwed up by teaching goku humility as jackie chun, now he doesn't give a poo poo about winning and earth is doomed

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It occurs to me that it's probably for the best that they wrote Future Trunks out of the story because he probably would not at all be down with Goku playing brinksmanship with the existence of the universe in order to get an adrenaline high.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Future Trunks would have to go get another Goku to help beat up Goku prime though, because he can't accomplish poo poo on his own.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

It occurs to me that it's probably for the best that they wrote Future Trunks out of the story because he probably would not at all be down with Goku playing brinksmanship with the existence of the universe in order to get an adrenaline high.

I don't think anyone is going to be cool with that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kanos posted:

goku wasn't doing that, he just wanted some fights and was too stupid to think that his pal zen chan would make the stakes what they were

he even got justified later by the high priest saying they were gonna do it anyway and goku actually gave some of them a chance at living through it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku wasn't doing that, he just wanted some fights and was too stupid to think that his pal zen chan would make the stakes what they were

he even got justified later by the high priest saying they were gonna do it anyway and goku actually gave some of them a chance at living through it

Trunks' future was still around so the "do it anyway" was clearly in no way imminent.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trunks' future follows basically nothing of the timeline of goku prime after future goku dies

like babidi pops up 10+ years later for no reason

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Trunks would probably take a swing at the high priest.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks' future follows basically nothing of the timeline of goku prime after future goku dies

I thought that was explained as he didn't have as many high power levels drawing him to the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

It takes Babidi an additional ten years to collect energy without the main cast alive to feed Buu.

Zeno and the grand priest clearly didn't consider the "mess" of too many universes all that pressing an issue. Goku has murdered at least a generation due to his fight-lust.

• Locked thread