Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think Matt Crouch may well be the worst midfielder in the comp getting a regular game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The slow, talentless spud just keeps handing the momentum back to Port at critical stages​

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

pkid posted:

I know he is only 19 and we've only played 2 practice games but I've been so impressed by what I've seen from Daniel Rioli this year.
His tackling has been great (a small forward who can tackle, at Richmond?!), he has great goal sense and he has been bobbing up all over the ground - he appears to have very good cardio endurance.

Really excited to see how he starts the year off.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/850587934591930368

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
McCarthy is a loving spud.

Walters has been great tonight. That slips catch in the centre was super

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
McCarthy looks too heavy, lost a lot of agility

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

snaeksikn posted:

McCarthy looks too heavy, lost a lot of agility

His has no touch with his hands, they've been made of concrete, but he's shown glimpses in the first three games of how good he might be.

Cloke has been given a bath by Hamling all night

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also Kersten sucks

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Uhhh Freo may actually win this.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

Also Kersten sucks

He sure does, much rather Apeness or Taberner in the side

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Not sure what would be worse for us, freo with confidence or freo with a point to prove.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Heave ho bulldogs

:allears: Hill + Fyfe :allears:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
no crammers no doggies

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

half decent kick from tex

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tex just slotted a massive 70m goal. It was good.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

Tex just slotted a massive 70m goal. It was good.

And Ryder is gonna get a three week holiday.

Tex was really loving good though

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

I think Matt Crouch may well be the worst midfielder in the comp getting a regular game

I remember when Jordie Mckenzie was a mainstay for us.

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001

Spedman posted:

Heave ho bulldogs

:allears: Hill + Fyfe :allears:

....funny what happens when you cut a few players *cough* Dawson *cough*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jake Spencer v Sandi

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

A baby ate my dingo posted:

....funny what happens when you cut a few players *cough* Dawson *cough*

Don't get me started, Dawson/Suban/Pearce, they should never get a game for Freo again. I didn't like Ross saying at the end of the game that he "feels" for the guys who got dropped.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
ryder obviously missed having his weekends free to go fishing or whatever

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001

Spedman posted:

Don't get me started, Dawson/Suban/Pearce, they should never get a game for Freo again. I didn't like Ross saying at the end of the game that he "feels" for the guys who got dropped.

Agreed. We won because they got dropped, they need to think about the rapid turnaround that happened this week when they weren't present.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I even drinking since the Dees kicked off but the Hills looked pretty great and Walters is still killing it

Freo trying to rely on Sandi through a rebuild is idiotic as poo poo though

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's more that the ruckman we've tried since having sandi have turned out to be duds, and we recruited griffin to fill that slot when developing one hasn't worked.

The latest one we're trying is Sean Darcy from last years draft, 201cm already 111kg, time will tell if he makes it.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

This goal was loving sick. High degree of difficulty for every part of the move. I agree he'll have a big season.

Also the Cats were marginally less poo poo than Melbourne today. I reckon our field kicking wasn't much better than their goal kicking. Taylor simply must play in defence.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Shmoses posted:

This goal was loving sick. High degree of difficulty for every part of the move. I agree he'll have a big season.

Also the Cats were marginally less poo poo than Melbourne today. I reckon our field kicking wasn't much better than their goal kicking. Taylor simply must play in defence.

One of today's more upsetting stats is that Stewart, Henderson, Tonergan, Thurlow and to a lesser extent Ruggles all had poor days stat wise. The ball was buried in the back half and most of our backs couldn't touch it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/850685785342853121

Port will be taking on GWS without Ryder next week, that'll help, and it was the stupidest thing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/850685785342853121

Port will be taking on GWS without Ryder next week, that'll help, and it was the stupidest thing

Maybe Knight got Ryder below the belt accidentally or something, but it just looks like he loving snaps and has a go. Gotta be 2 weeks at least.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wait, Freo won?

lol

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Maybe Knight got Ryder below the belt accidentally or something, but it just looks like he loving snaps and has a go. Gotta be 2 weeks at least.

Before that it looked like they had an accidental head clash. Ryder must have thought knight headbutted him or something and retaliated.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It was like one of those high school kid videos where one flicks the ear of a bro in front, and he turns around and beats the nearest person near to death, culprit or not.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
stoked for all these bottom of the ladder clashes today

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Days like today make me grateful for giant retractile roofs.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Days like today make me grateful for giant retractile roofs.

St Kilda v Brisbane
Carlton v Essendon
Gold Coast V Hawthorn

Days like today make me grateful for the inevitable heat death of the universe

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

AFL At MCG and Docklands, NRL at AAMI Park, Kids show at the tennis centre, and a bunch of the big roads are closed for the run for the kids

Traffic whatup

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

St Kilda v Brisbane
Carlton v Essendon
Gold Coast V Hawthorn

Days like today make me grateful for the inevitable heat death of the universe

I'll have you know that the Saints v Lions game is easily going to be the game of the round. :colbert:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

AFL At MCG and Docklands, NRL at AAMI Park, Kids show at the tennis centre, and a bunch of the big roads are closed for the run for the kids

Traffic whatup

I live in the north-east and work on Clarendon St, today I had to drive all the way to Lakeside and Albert Park to get to work. Was awesome

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think in review I'm actually slightly more bullish about our chances of making the 8 than I was before the game yesterday. If we had managed to kick better than Levi Casboult I think we set up a big enough buffer to win (I think we probably don't collapse in the last quarter quite as hard if the players had gotten some reward for effort throughout the game too).

Assuming the set shot conversion doesn't become a trend, and I don't think there's a particular reason to think it will, we're looking alright. There was a game against West Coast last year where we dominated and lost, but that was more about the quality of inside 50 entries, rather than actual goalkicking.

Defence is probably the biggest worry, Geelong's forwards were able to dictate the setup way too often, either through getting cheapies out the back, or setting up serious mismatches (Jetta caught one on one against Hawkins multiple times springs to mind). Part of that is because of how aggressively we are using our defenders which seriously hurts you on turnovers, but some of it was just bad communication when Geelong had had the ball for a fair while

Watts did really well filling in the ruck for the whole second half, I think Weideman needs to go out and spend some more time in the 2's, with Pederson coming in to replace him.

Interesting that Geelong have outrun their opponents to a big margin in the last quarter two weeks running, will be interesting to see if that becomes a trend.

Shmoses posted:

I live in the north-east and work on Clarendon St, today I had to drive all the way to Lakeside and Albert Park to get to work. Was awesome

Fukt

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Gresham is a gem :allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/BomberRicko/status/850692251252473858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge