Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No I changed my mind, I don't like killing that many enemies at once

Anyway, do resource boosters increase Kuva drop quantities? I have extra plat and not much to spend it on.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nice. Well, I got an Amprex Riven with Crit Chance and fire rate so it's one of the most impressively hard to use guns of all time.

Crit chance is 222% before headshots.

I don't really know what I need this for, but at least it's funny, I guess.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Baro's got Primed Reach, all the electrical dual-stat mods, and a prisma grakata.

For once, I am in no way disappointed.

If I can only afford one of the dual stat mods which would be the best one? Shotgun?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

The Moon Monster posted:

If I can only afford one of the dual stat mods which would be the best one? Shotgun?

Do you like boar prime and kohm and build for status chance? If not with shotguns which guns do you build for status? Buy the one for the gun you like to build for status... If plat cost down the road is a consideration the pistol and melee will shoot up to 150 again in a month but rifle and shotgun top out at 70 (you can farm them in naglar but I don't recommend it for sanities sake).

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 7, 2017

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

You can get the shotgun and rifle mods from hive sabotage caches, the pistol and melee only from baro/trading.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Today I Learned:

You cannot be traded a blueprint if you're under its Mastery Rank. Which makes me question whether I can even get it to drop from a relic...

You can equip the Inaros urn and take it into a mission and kill the right thing but if you played the Octavia mission between starting it it'll unequip the Inaros mission and you won't get ANY credit towards it and you can go gently caress yourself.

:pseudo:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Today I Learned: you can go gently caress yourself.

New thread title please

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Today I Learned:

You cannot be traded a blueprint if you're under its Mastery Rank. Which makes me question whether I can even get it to drop from a relic...

:pseudo:

They can drop from a relic; I had the BP and all the parts for Tigris and Galatine prime well before I was MR13.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The kiteer corrupted bombard bp is sjngle use, right? Slim Pickens on PS4 this time around

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

The kiteer corrupted bombard bp is sjngle use, right? Slim Pickens on PS4 this time around

Yep. It's super dumb and everyone hates it. I got an Affinity booster and went through some Forma.

Also, is the Hema as bad as it seems? I'm one forma into it and the damage is really lackluster, and it can't hit 100% status.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
People seem to like it, I just can't seem to like burst rifles

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
How's this look for a Cold Chroma wearing the new skin? I try to not use the easy choice of straight blue. Under armor/flesh color is a pale tan, doesn't show super well in the picture.

linko

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

People seem to like it, I just can't seem to like burst rifles

Yeah it just seems like a gun that's good in theory but not in practice. Like, it's good if you can land a ton of headshots on a single target in the simulacrum, but unless you make it 100% status chance I can't see it being usable in anything except low level missions.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Hema is a beast. People just refuse to admit it due to the cost of getting it. If you build it for gas, it massacres Corpus even at lvl 100 sorties. It makes "bonus shield" challenge a joke.

But I'm fine with burst rifle and started this game by relying on Burston so YMMV (Karak and Soma didn't exist and Boltor and Hek were poo poo back then). Only problem I have with Hema is curbing my brain reflex on reloading at any chance. It can be problematic if I used a low health frame and my Sentinel was dead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Hema is really good, but that doesn't make the research cost any less absurd.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

modding the hema for gas makes it fun as hell for sure

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Washout posted:

Do you like boar prime and kohm and build for status chance? If not with shotguns which guns do you build for status? Buy the one for the gun you like to build for status... If plat cost down the road is a consideration the pistol and melee will shoot up to 150 again in a month but rifle and shotgun top out at 70 (you can farm them in naglar but I don't recommend it for sanities sake).

I'd like a boar prime but it sounds like it was vaulted years ago so what are the odds I'll ever get one. I've been using a Hek which super owns and am considering making it my first catalyzed/formaed weapon, but I hear the Vaykor Hek is even better and I'm not too far from getting that.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

I'd like a boar prime but it sounds like it was vaulted years ago so what are the odds I'll ever get one. I've been using a Hek which super owns and am considering making it my first catalyzed/formaed weapon, but I hear the Vaykor Hek is even better and I'm not too far from getting that.

The Hek and Vaykor Hek are sort of different things. The Hek can use the syndicate mod which gives it an extra 200% multshot while the Vaykor Hek has an 8 shot magazine. The best solution is to have both.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I do like the side grade primes when the base is already good.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Toss the potato in your Hek. The VayHek takes a while to get up to full speed anyway, you'll find another potato before you start getting maxed out Primed mods to push the VayHek to its limits.
Besides, both guns will murder almost anything you can point them at in one shot. It's mostly just a question of how small the category of things not killed in one shot is.

E: Also vaulted stuff goes in and out of the vault. Every few months, they do an 'unvaulting,' where a few items are put back in the pool for a couple weeks. So if the Boar Prime's been away for a long time, it's more likely to come back eventually.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Thanks for the hint about Hydron, Tallgeese.

10 waves with an affinity booster and only equipping 1 weapon = 30 levels.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

I've got two for sale that I'd sell to goon for 90p, but that's still kind of steep imo.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Apparently my very first space dog is exceptionally huge:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Night10194 posted:

My next project will have to be maxing prime reach now, so that my Galatine Prime can count as a ranged weapon.

Hi, I have both of those things and you absolutely want them. You want them real bad. Turns you into a living lawnmower and it's just the best.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there ever a reason to refine relics to anything other then radiant? I guess if you have an arbitrarily large amount of relics and free time one of the lower tiers might be a more efficient use of void traces.

ElegantFugue posted:

Toss the potato in your Hek. The VayHek takes a while to get up to full speed anyway, you'll find another potato before you start getting maxed out Primed mods to push the VayHek to its limits.
Besides, both guns will murder almost anything you can point them at in one shot. It's mostly just a question of how small the category of things not killed in one shot is.

I decided to just blow all my stuff on making my Hek awesomer so I used my potato and bought that mod. It's pretty amazing, completely trivializes that Octavia mission I was having trouble with. Sentients? not when I'm done with them :madmax:

I will say I'm kind of annoyed that primed point blank is a thing that a) I don't have and b) exists at all. Primed Reach is pretty rad though, it got here just as I was finishing my Orthos Prime too.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there ever a reason to refine relics to anything other then radiant? I guess if you have an arbitrarily large amount of relics and free time one of the lower tiers might be a more efficient use of void traces.

I decided to just blow all my stuff on making my Hek awesomer so I used my potato and bought that mod. It's pretty amazing, completely trivializes that Octavia mission I was having trouble with. Sentients? not when I'm done with them :madmax:

I will say I'm kind of annoyed that primed point blank is a thing that a) I don't have and b) exists at all. Primed Reach is pretty rad though, it got here just as I was finishing my Orthos Prime too.

If the item you want from the relic is silver-tier, upgrading it to flawless is much more cost efficient. Exceptional is never worth it.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Thanks for the hint about Hydron, Tallgeese.

10 waves with an affinity booster and only equipping 1 weapon = 30 levels.

Under those circumstances you would have gotten the weapon to level 30 at any defense mission. There's nothing special about Hydron that makes it better for leveling than anywhere else.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jabarto posted:

If the item you want from the relic is silver-tier, upgrading it to flawless is much more cost efficient. Exceptional is never worth it.

The only time to ever use Exceptional relics is if you get them free for going 5 waves of an Endless.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Nice. Well, I got an Amprex Riven with Crit Chance and fire rate so it's one of the most impressively hard to use guns of all time.

Crit chance is 222% before headshots.

I don't really know what I need this for, but at least it's funny, I guess.

If you ever decide you don't want that riven I'll buy it. Amprex is my fave gun overall usually.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

it got here just as I was finishing my Orthos Prime too.

This is what Orthos Prime and Primed Reached is like.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Huh. I saw a Corrupted Ancient with like 5 Statuses on it's health bar so I went over and quick meleed it with a Caustacyst that had Condition Overload installed.

It hit for 78K.

Math is weird.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

What kind of weapon can apply 3 statuses with 100% so that this always procs at 180%?

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
Lesion. Slash, maybe puncture, and Toxin on the base weapon. One status proc (of anything) will get it going with 100% toxin procs.. The toxin will combine with any single elements you have equipped on it. So Lesion with radiation should get you 3 guaranteed.

DONT DO IT fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 9, 2017

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

DONT DO IT posted:

Lesion. Slash, maybe puncture, and Toxin on the base weapon. One status proc (of anything) will get it going with 100% toxin procs.. The toxin will combine with any single elements you have equipped on it. So Lesion with radiation should get you 3 guaranteed.

I was messing with lesion earlier and even with primed reach it seems to have a really short spin range, like a one handed sword or something.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Lesion has the shortest range of all pole-arm class weapons.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Washout posted:

What kind of weapon can apply 3 statuses with 100% so that this always procs at 180%?

It's actually more than that, it's 1 X 1.6 X 1.6 X 1.6 with 3 procs. Each active proc when you hit multiplies the damage by 1.6

The caveat is that the status needs to be applied BEFORE you hit them, so generally you're getting your real damage on your second and third swing.

Also I think if a weapon is 100% status it can only proc 2 status per hit.

And I read that corrosive has duration as of a new update but I can't confirm that.

Anyway, Lesion (the best), Caustacyst, Lacera, and Twin Basolk are the top tier weapons I've found. Ninkondi and Mios seem okay as well.

The issue with a lot of weapons is that they don't have a high enough status chance, or they do but they're elemental only. Slash and Puncture count as procs too. It's also nearly impossible to build for both Condition Overload AND Crit. I don't think it actually works but I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong.

One of the best uses for Condition Overload is against tough high level enemies that are taking awhile to kill (Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Ancients, Techs, bosses) is that you can just quick melee them (or do a slide attack) when they're taking fire from your and your teammates and they'll melt because they'll usually have 2 or 3 statuses on them already.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's actually more than that, it's 1 X 1.6 X 1.6 X 1.6 with 3 procs. Each active proc when you hit multiplies the damage by 1.6

The caveat is that the status needs to be applied BEFORE you hit them, so generally you're getting your real damage on your second and third swing.

Also I think if a weapon is 100% status it can only proc 2 status per hit.

And I read that corrosive has duration as of a new update but I can't confirm that.

Anyway, Lesion (the best), Caustacyst, Lacera, and Twin Basolk are the top tier weapons I've found. Ninkondi and Mios seem okay as well.

The issue with a lot of weapons is that they don't have a high enough status chance, or they do but they're elemental only. Slash and Puncture count as procs too. It's also nearly impossible to build for both Condition Overload AND Crit. I don't think it actually works but I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong.

One of the best uses for Condition Overload is against tough high level enemies that are taking awhile to kill (Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Ancients, Techs, bosses) is that you can just quick melee them (or do a slide attack) when they're taking fire from your and your teammates and they'll melt because they'll usually have 2 or 3 statuses on them already.

With maiming strike you can easily build for crit and condition overload. It's down to 300p and still dropping because apparently people hate it after the boltace nerf.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Decided to finally clear out my mods and convert them to endo. I had been putting it off since they introduced the mechanic, so I am now sure that they will introduce a new mechanic that requires a lot of duplicate mods for whatever reason.

First 6 columns is a good start. Let's see what I can squeeze out.

Okay, leaving myself just 10 spares of each mod rarer mods to shower upon newbies. A quite nice amount of endo to retire on.

After playing with Octavia a lot, I'd say she is great for defense missions if that wasn't obvious and a super support powerhouse. And that I see DE nerfing her at some point, though she really doesn't deserve it cause I had to align the stars to get these. Since she regens at an okay pace and (when maxed duration out) only needs to re-up her skills once a minute you can skimp on the efficiency comfortably. Even add in a nearly maxed out Blind Rage.

Things get kinda nuts when you get a frame buff from the rifts.

Delicious range and power buffs.

Lets get a Nidus's parasitic link in there and see what happens! Though at this time my skills were not using my energy conversion.
My powers are red, and you can see to the side, the range buff with the amp skill on the mallet makes it reach a really long ways. Almost to the point where the capture point is in interceptions.
To explain the numbers: thats 11x damage as long as you are within the AMP skill range, and metronome adds a 111% buff to multishot for a bit over 40 seconds. and a 130% boost to the armor of all teammates and myself in range of the metronome. Lets see what the skills are like when they are casted when energy conversion is active.

:stonklol:
Goes without saying that as long as the paracistic link was active, the moment anything even touched the mallet everything within line of sight would die almost instantly, only with the heavy gunners and ancient healers hanging on for a few ticks.

Octavia is Good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How do you get Nidus' power to look like a field of grass? Because that is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How do you get Nidus' power to look like a field of grass? Because that is amazing.
It just goes off of your energy color.