Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Does any npc mention or hint at where the great fairy in akala is?. I ended up looking it up cause I hadn't found any after the first but felt bad that I didn't find it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Sam Faust posted:

Does any npc mention or hint at where the great fairy in akala is?. I ended up looking it up cause I hadn't found any after the first but felt bad that I didn't find it myself.

There's an old lady in Tarrey Town who says that there's a big weird flower in the area

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God drat do the white zebra Lynels hit hard. I've got a full 3-star soldier armor set and their direct hits still take ~1/2-ish of my health (e: 21 hearts). gonna have to start making more elixers and get better at dodging, not to mention raising the crazy amount of money for the last fairy so I can start that fun grind for L4 armor. 10k rupees is...rough.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

GobiasIndustries posted:

God drat do the white zebra Lynels hit hard. I've got a full 3-star soldier armor set and their direct hits still take ~1/2-ish of my health (e: 21 hearts). gonna have to start making more elixers and get better at dodging, not to mention raising the crazy amount of money for the last fairy so I can start that fun grind for L4 armor. 10k rupees is...rough.

If its one of those club using ones I found dodging to be tougher than the others so it was parry city when I fought them. Also those are the ones who hit the hardest.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nah, the solution to a dearth of rupees has been found; say good bye to all of your money problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsNVxsWfFI

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Furious Lobster posted:

Nah, the solution to a dearth of rupees has been found; say good bye to all of your money problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsNVxsWfFI

Holy hell, I happened to have the exact items needed for this fun little trick. Snow Bowling can gently caress right off now

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I dunno how many of ya'll have played this game while under the influence of marijuana but let me say the two go extremely well together.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so it turns out you can completely freeze the world if you use special conditions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bdTezkeHc

If you take the flying distance challenge, somehow manage to fly into the top of Hyrule Castle while doing so, and haven't beaten any of the divine beast bosses, you will immediately be warped back to the tower after the boss cutscene.

After getting your 100 rupees, the quest giver will immediately disappear along with everyone else in the game.

You can't get back into the top of the castle because the shield created to keep you from escaping the boss fight is still up.

No NPCs exist anymore, and you can't cut down trees or destroy anything. The only people that show up are the gerudo soldiers if you try to enter the city undisguised.

You're alone, trapped, in a frozen, empty world.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MokBa posted:

I dunno how many of ya'll have played this game while under the influence of marijuana but let me say the two go extremely well together.

I'm allergic so none.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Belated response but
Holy gently caress that is awesome.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

DaveKap posted:

My favorite "oh, right, cryonis" moment was using arrows on the ice cubes during the lead up to entering the elephant, going to sleep as soon as I entered it, realizing while trying to sleep that I could probably have used cryonis and saved a TON of arrows, then going back to the previous save the next day just to replay that section using cryonis. It's my favorite because this has hit so many people.

I didn't do this. I beat that part 2 days ago, in fact. I literally just now had that moment. It never occurred to me that cryonis worked that way.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Whelp, just finished my 3-heart "storm the castle" run (gently caress thunderblight ganon)
Now it's back to hunting Koroks and Talus/Hinox on the main file until hard mode comes out

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

so it turns out you can completely freeze the world if you use special conditions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bdTezkeHc

If you take the flying distance challenge, somehow manage to fly into the top of Hyrule Castle while doing so, and haven't beaten any of the divine beast bosses, you will immediately be warped back to the tower after the boss cutscene.

After getting your 100 rupees, the quest giver will immediately disappear along with everyone else in the game.

You can't get back into the top of the castle because the shield created to keep you from escaping the boss fight is still up.

No NPCs exist anymore, and you can't cut down trees or destroy anything. The only people that show up are the gerudo soldiers if you try to enter the city undisguised.

You're alone, trapped, in a frozen, empty world.
There are a lot of games that have similar glitches involving forced teleports and starting cutscenes inside of each other. It will be interesting to see if there are any other ways to abuse something like this.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I have an inventory full of Ancient Bows and all the farming was worth it. No other bow can compare. Even the Twilight Bow seems to pale in comparison because it does less damage and can't fire other kinds of arrows.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man, how in the hell are there so many Koroks in this game? I get that you aren't supposed to find them all unless you're insane, but I have 100 and feel like I it's crazy if I stumble upon one now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

For the record, it takes 441 koroks to upgrade every inventory to the max

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

El Burbo posted:

For the record, it takes 441 koroks to upgrade every inventory to the max

Why can't more collectothons be like this?

"Holy gently caress, there are X amount of obsessive things to find!?... Oh, I only need half of them to max out my gear/stats? Nice."

Even just finding somewhat over 100 Koroks leaves you in a very comfortable place, it's great. The only problem is how you can miss out on the actual usage of the seeds if you didn't follow the path to kakariko at first. So you have a good system with an awkward bottlneck you keep hearing about people missing out on.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

Why can't more collectothons be like this?

"Holy gently caress, there are X amount of obsessive things to find!?... Oh, I only need half of them to max out my gear/stats? Nice."

Even just finding somewhat over 100 Koroks leaves you in a very comfortable place, it's great. The only problem is how you can miss out on the actual usage of the seeds if you didn't follow the path to kakariko at first. So you have a good system with an awkward bottlneck you keep hearing about people missing out on.

Yeah I actually missed it at first because I was climbing up cliffs and flying to get myself around :v: I had ~50 before I ended up looking it up because I knew I'd missed something pretty essential. Where I'm at is more than OK and every upgrade is now 18+ so I think I'm just gonna have to luck myself into getting new gear slots.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DaveKap posted:

I'm gonna watch the run-up to that again because if he does say this, I'm betting it's while the action is happening, has no dialog prompt to hit a button on, and is improperly mastered so his voice is really low while the music and sfx are really loud. Otherwise, he probably said something that made me think he was referencing the lightning arrows and not cryonis.

There is something about Japanese games where the mastering is awful such that voice tracks are nigh inaudible. Sane thing happens in Persona 5 and Nier Automata.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GobiasIndustries posted:

Man, how in the hell are there so many Koroks in this game? I get that you aren't supposed to find them all unless you're insane, but I have 100 and feel like I it's crazy if I stumble upon one now.

I have 200-and-some, and how the hell is there room for more? Where are they all hiding?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Great Fairy greeting message:

*cough* Water... I inhaled a lot of water.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

I have 200-and-some, and how the hell is there room for more? Where are they all hiding?

I'm pretty certain at this point that there are at least a few puzzle types that you don't know exist yet. I'm about the same and only yesterday discovered a brand new type. And I'm pretty certain there are a few others that i don't know about yet either.

Also does anyone have a good video guide to fighting Lynels, I've killed one but i think that was mostly luck.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
the secret to rupees is gems. Just sell your loving gems since they are really only used for the accessory head pieces which don't really serve a purpose, and upgrading outside of that only needs like 5-10 per or something. Luminous stones are the real money maker and if you dont care about upgrading the radiant suit immediately (the drat things are everywhere anyways) or dont need diamonds, they sell for 70 a piece, which means one cache of luminous veins nets you ~500 rupees. It's dead simple to get 5000+ from just running around exploring for an hour or so.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I know there's a list of Korok locations, but as anyone compiled a complete list of Korok puzzle types? Some of them are apparently really rate.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spergatory posted:

I know there's a list of Korok locations, but as anyone compiled a complete list of Korok puzzle types? Some of them are apparently really rate.

Here's the ones I've run across

Rock formations
Balloon/jar targets
Hidden jars
Magnet block puzzles
Standing stone rings
Fill in the hole with a large rock
Examine the sparkles
Chase the flower
Do the flowers in their proper order

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Here's the ones I've run across

Rock formations
Balloon/jar targets
Hidden jars
Magnet block puzzles
Standing stone rings
Fill in the hole with a large rock
Examine the sparkles
Chase the flower
Do the flowers in their proper order

I can think of at least 4 that you're missing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr. Stab posted:

I can think of at least 3 that you're missing.

Get to the ring quick enough, have the three trees have the same amount of fruit, and obviously, look under rocks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

I can think of at least 3 that you're missing.

I forgot
Diving into flower rings
Putting chained balls into trunks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Get to the ring quick enough, have the three trees have the same amount of fruit, and obviously, look under rocks

Give the statues missing fruit.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I forgot
Diving into flower rings

Push a rock into a hole

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I forgot
Diving into flower rings

Alright, now I can think of 3 on top of that.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I forgot
Diving into flower rings

Spot the difference and stick the metal block where it belongs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I listed that one as Magnet Block Puzzles.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

thats the magnet block puzzle

efb :downs:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Calaveron posted:

Sometimes it's find the rock first - they can be under stasisable plates or bombable leaf piles.

Also:

Unfreeze the icicle
Climb the tall thing

Ed: and check the resurrection chamber!

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 8, 2017

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
One I haven't seen mentioned so far: pluck the luminous stone off the large statue.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ugh, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to get star fragments and I've managed to get a few from atop the dueling peaks looking out over hyrule field, but most of the time nothing drops, even during full moons which is supposedly when theres the highest chance for it. I just finished the 4th night in a row without a thing. Am I not looking at enough sky or ground? Does the weather need to be clear the entire night? Or is it supposed to be this rare? :(

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is the thing of colored blocks in Hateno some kind of Korok puzzle? It looks important but I didn't see a way to interact with it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ugh, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to get star fragments and I've managed to get a few from atop the dueling peaks looking out over hyrule field, but most of the time nothing drops, even during full moons which is supposedly when theres the highest chance for it. I just finished the 4th night in a row without a thing. Am I not looking at enough sky or ground? Does the weather need to be clear the entire night? Or is it supposed to be this rare? :(

I got two in a row without even looking. I think it might be tied to progression because it was after I had 110+ shrines and all Divine Beasts completed, but that could be confirmation bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Are you shutting down and restarting the game? Apparently you need to do that (after you've gone to the duelling peaks and sat by the fire till night) to get the counter to reset.

That works consistently for me, at least.... (WiiU, if there's a difference.)