Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Geraldine Ferraro would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Miss Piggy from the Muppets would have won.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jill Stein would have won

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Literally anyone but Hillary would have won.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Jill Stein would have won

lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All Hillary had to do was her job, and she probably would have won. I would sooner blame the 25 years of media criticism and her complete inability to handle/respond to it as a bigger factor than misogyny. That isn't to say misogyny wasn't a factor, but please do not take attention away from the fact that Hilldawg just expected the country to take a knee and just give the keys to kingdom to her without any effort.

I don't give a poo poo what kind of candidate you're running against, you take them seriously and actually campaign to beat them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*sees Trump stories dominating online, print and TV News*

"Ah yes, the perfect strategy. I'll just give him ALL the platforms!! Brilliant."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

We've been over this, MO'M and Chafee would have lost even more than HRC did albeit with less factional strife on the left, but Bernie and Webb both would have won for different reasons

Shinjobi posted:

All Hillary had to do was her job, and she probably would have won. I would sooner blame the 25 years of media criticism and her complete inability to handle/respond to it as a bigger factor than misogyny. That isn't to say misogyny wasn't a factor, but please do not take attention away from the fact that Hilldawg just expected the country to take a knee and just give the keys to kingdom to her without any effort.

I don't give a poo poo what kind of candidate you're running against, you take them seriously and actually campaign to beat them.

I really like how the Clinton faction was incensed and appalled that the Dem primary wasn't just given to her without any effort, then proceeded to learn absolutely nothing from this and act like the general would be just given to her without any effort

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

I really like how the Clinton faction was incensed and appalled that the Dem primary wasn't just given to her without any effort, then proceeded to learn absolutely nothing from this and act like the general would be just given to her without any effort
This is because Bernie Sanders is literally a Trump plant :downs:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

Also all the help she got such as Donna Brazile sending her the debate questions in advance or dems who wanted to support Bernie got threatened with being removed from their job.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
she collapsed on 911 and there were no explosives

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gwb was there tho

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
her figurative collapse was a literal inside job

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Bernie Sanders campaigned for president for about a year and a half.
Hillary has been running for president since 2000 and probably behind the scenes since 1992.

If Bernie had better name recognition in the southern states he woulda won.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

This is really what it comes down to.

Hillary faced, for a variety of reasons, including misogyny, a 25-year smear campaign fueled by same, trumped-up (no pun intended) scandals, and literal foreign intervention against her campaign, a pretty serious uphill (again, no pun intended, lol some words sound like some peoples' names) battle. None of that is her fault.

But she treated it like a victory lap, a trophy battle, a ceremonial Defeat Of The Avatar Of The Patriarchy that had a foregone conclusion, and she assumed (like a lot of out-of-touch people) that because the U.S. had hit certain economic metrics, that Everything Was Great and that her job was to Keep Things Fine rather than acknowledge that, for a lot of people, things weren't fine at all. That's all on her.

(Also she's not great when she's put on the spot, particularly in a position in which she has to admit to a mistake which, being a Clinton, she is genetically incapable of. That didn't exactly help.)

loquacius posted:

We've been over this, MO'M and Chafee would have lost even more than HRC did albeit with less factional strife on the left, but Bernie and Webb both would have won for different reasons

I actually disagree with this, but then I think I'm the only person this side of Baloogan who thinks that Trump, while a lovely president and a lovely politician, is an amazing televangelist and would have ground anyone into dust who thought that they were having a political campaign rather than a Big Tent Revival. Bernie's probably the person who would have come closest to figuring this out, mind, since he's like Billy Graham to Trump's Ernest Angley, to stretch my lovely televangelist metaphor to the breaking point. And he would have at least bothered to campaign in Trump strongholds, though Jeff Weaver probably would have found a way to lose the South entirely.

Hang all campaign managers first, is my point.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i blame trump's win on all his superpac money

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i blame trump's win on all his superpac money

I'm actually curious now how his 'campaign spending' would stack up if you put a dollar value on all the free press coverage he got.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
lotta people convinced they know the one and only, sole, exclusive reason that Hillary Clinton, who made a poo poo-ton of mistakes and had a number of factors working against her, barely lost by a very close margin

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it can't be sexism because she won the popular vote haha suck it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b57Q4pCXwY

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i have analized all the numbers and ive come up that the most complicated nation in the world is sexy sexist

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
beep boop beep boop

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Main Paineframe posted:

lotta people convinced they know the one and only, sole, exclusive reason that Hillary Clinton, who made a poo poo-ton of mistakes and had a number of factors working against her, barely lost by a very close margin

i think the reason was that she got fewer votes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
which is pretty important, i think??

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i think the reason was that she got fewer votes

Well, more, but in the wrong places.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

*looks at election between most qualified person in human history
this is blatantly false

the only qualifications are you are an american citizen, older than 35, and people have to like you

going into this thing everybody knew she failed the last part

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

docbeard posted:

Well, more, but in the wrong places.

fewer, in the only place that mattered - the electoral college

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Things independents like: when foreigners are shot; people who shoot foreigners; when people tell them their problems are real and bad and they can help

Things independents do not like: Sneaky backdoor politicians; when people tell them their problems are all imaginary or deserved; wussy nancyboys who could never shoot a foreigner in a million years and really like the metric system

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

docbeard posted:

I actually disagree with this, but then I think I'm the only person this side of Baloogan who thinks that Trump, while a lovely president and a lovely politician, is an amazing televangelist and would have ground anyone into dust who thought that they were having a political campaign rather than a Big Tent Revival. Bernie's probably the person who would have come closest to figuring this out, mind, since he's like Billy Graham to Trump's Ernest Angley, to stretch my lovely televangelist metaphor to the breaking point. And he would have at least bothered to campaign in Trump strongholds, though Jeff Weaver probably would have found a way to lose the South entirely.

Hang all campaign managers first, is my point.

Jim Webb would have won.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

Jim Webb would have won.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

loquacius posted:

Things independents like: when foreigners are shot; people who shoot foreigners; when people tell them their problems are real and bad and they can help

Things independents do not like: Sneaky backdoor politicians; when people tell them their problems are all imaginary or deserved; wussy nancyboys who could never shoot a foreigner in a million years and really like the metric system

i like nuclear war

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

loquacius posted:

I would have felt better about myself if I had voted for the solid block of granite.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol if u didnt vote james traficant

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nanomashoes posted:

Jim Webb would have won.

Bernie would have won because he understood the mood of the country and was willing/able to actually campaign actively, with a clear, appealing alternative vision to Trump's carnie bullshit.

Webb would have won because he'd have ripped Trump's throat out with his teeth at the first debate.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

as long as he undid a couple buttons on his shirt so he could angle his head around

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

The Brown Menace posted:

actually trump won because hes insane

Ftfy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bernie would have won because he understood the mood of the country

lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bernie would have won because he understood the mood of the country

Bernie isn't a master politician, he's an angry zaidie that has been ranting about this poo poo for the past 60 years and would still be doing it even if he got 1% of the vote.

He would have won because people are getting ground into the dirt by capitalism and they're desperate for any sort of change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bernie would have won because he understood the mood of the country and was willing/able to actually campaign actively, with a clear, appealing alternative vision to Trump's carnie bullshit.

Webb would have won because he'd have ripped Trump's throat out with his teeth at the first debate.

while i don't necessarily disagree that bernie might have won, i'm gonna point out that bernie's campaign wasn't hot either. a very good candidate and message combined with a campaign apparatus that really let him down

• Locked thread