Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NonzeroCircle posted:

Chiming in with another "I didn't really believe the hyperbole but actually this game makes me feel like an rear end in a top hat"

Ow ow it hurts

Play the first one :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Heath posted:

Play the first one :getin:
After what people have been vaguely mentioning here and there i don't think i'm strong enough

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

yokotarogames.gif

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

drat I really want that mug too

Maybeone will end up on ebay

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I realized there was something about the backstory I'm not clear on: how old is YoRHa, how many times has it been 'reset,' and who's doing the resetting? YoRHa appears to be the only android group with advanced technology, is it assumed there's some other enclave of androids with the resources to build new Bunkers we just never see?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

I realized there was something about the backstory I'm not clear on: how old is YoRHa, how many times has it been 'reset,' and who's doing the resetting? YoRHa appears to be the only android group with advanced technology, is it assumed there's some other enclave of androids with the resources to build new Bunkers we just never see?

YorHa is not that old and has never been "reset". The first trial run was YoRHa Squadron, which included A2, after data collected from the performance of YoRHa Squadron, full YoRHa was launched.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Today is a good day.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh man.

Just finished up ending E. That ending goddrat that ending.

I didn't 100% it, but hit the help somebody button anyway. No regrets at all, goddamn.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Sindai posted:

There's some other conclave of androids with the resources to build at least one bunker and a (small) moonbase, but we don't know where they are or who they are other than that they are amoral dicks and are willing to do really messed up stuff to people for the "greater good". They might have some measure of control over non-YoRHa androids as well, since I THINK it's implied that they are also the group of androids that reprogrammed devola and popola units to only feel guilt.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RoadCrewWorker posted:

After what people have been vaguely mentioning here and there i don't think i'm strong enough

You'll be fine. Go track down a copy and play it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RanKizama posted:

Today is a good day.

Die you YOU

you gently caress

E: did you drive to your mailbox in that FORD

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It's way better.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

verbal enema posted:

Die you YOU

you gently caress

E: did you drive to your mailbox in that FORD
Missed delivery yesterday. Had to go to the post office to pick it up after work in my work truck.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Got ending E last night and went for the delete even though I wasn't finished with everything. What a good game. Need to scroll back and read some of the walls of spoiler text I skipped now too.

One regret is I never did the super boss fight which looks like it has some story attached to it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Got ending E last night and went for the delete even though I wasn't finished with everything. What a good game. Need to scroll back and read some of the walls of spoiler text I skipped now too.

One regret is I never did the super boss fight which looks like it has some story attached to it.

Play the first game if you haven't before doing that fight.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
What is the purpose of mackerel and ribbons?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mackerel is like all other fish, you can sell it for money. Unlike other fish, you can also eat mackerel; MAKE SURE YOU SAVE BEFORE YOU DO. Ribbons are just cosmetic accessories.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
eat it. eat the mackerel.

Just don't be that guy who hadn't saved in an entire playthrough.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUETHIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You can probably make a pretty good rubbish bin using the stubby machine design.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is 9s supposed to = Nietsczhe somehow ?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is 9s supposed to = Nietsczhe somehow ?

I read somewhere it's meant to be "nein ist," or "is not," but that doesn't really amount to anything.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Oxxidation posted:

I read somewhere it's meant to be "nein ist," or "is not," but that doesn't really amount to anything.
Is Not To Be

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

I think that means "No Is"

'nicht' is not, no?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think this is nietzsche:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Modest Mao posted:

I think that means "No Is"

'nicht' is not, no?
Correct. "Nein ist" only makes sense in a context of something like "<No> is a negative response to a question". Of course who knows if the Japanese devs or the localization team knew that, so maybe it really is an almost-wordplay negation on the equally subtle "To Be" name.

"Nines" (without the t) does sound kind of like a clunky, colloquial plural of "No"s, so maybe he just negates everything? But at that point we're really reaching.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 8, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Nietzsche killed all of Pascal's friends.

(I'm not even joking, that whole event is one big philosophical injoke.)

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 8, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
2B is "To Be," 9S is "Nein Ist." To be or not (to be).

A2 is "Et Tu?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pascal is "robot that somehow keeps finding an iron pipe in its head whenever we interact and it's just so mysterious and nobody knows how it got there"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pascal's rock 'em sock 'em robots sequence made me laugh and feel bad at the same time.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Bad Seafood posted:

Pascal's rock 'em sock 'em robots sequence made me laugh and feel bad at the same time.

Literally any other game, it'd be one of the most badass moments in his character arc. But seeing him go from 'let's all just get along' to 'I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!' made me feel deeply uncomfortable in a way I still can't quite put my finger on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zinkraptor posted:

There's some other conclave of androids with the resources to build at least one bunker and a (small) moonbase, but we don't know where they are or who they are other than that they are amoral dicks and are willing to do really messed up stuff to people for the "greater good". They might have some measure of control over non-YoRHa androids as well, since I THINK it's implied that they are also the group of androids that reprogrammed devola and popola units to only feel guilt.

I suspect that group is the surviving androids built by humans to fight WCS and help with the Gestalt process in the backstory of the first game. I could see them deeming themselves the true heirs to humanity since they were built directly by them to carry on as humans no longer could.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I still wish there was something for leaving the Adam or A2 bossfights while they're not actively hostile. Even if it's just a joke ending. Of all games this feels like the one that could and should've totally acknowledged that.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
9S personality going from machines don't have feelings and should all be systematically genocided to comforting and humoring a lost machine child is pretty heartwarming.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Speed Star is going to be the death of me. It would be bad enough if I were stuck on the final race but I can't even manage the second! And this is after stacking Speed and Overclock chips until they max out. Speed Salve, Slow Pod, nothing can get me over the top. There's either some route I'm overlooking, or some fundamental trick to maintaining momentum. It's the last quest I need to finish before closing out B route too. (Plus 'Data from the Old World, but that one is just 'check a FAQ to see which treasure chests you missed.')

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You just gotta​ not make a single mistake.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I found the second race harder than the third. Having to navigate around something while dealing with frequent momentum-killing elevation changes makes it the most frustrating of the three challenges.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The third one is a straight dependant on not pancaking yourself at the beginning.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The second race really comes down to making the kind of jumps that skip the ledge grab animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

That's what I've been going for lately without much success. The line between 'just hop on up,' and 'heave yourself up with momentum killing canned animation' is something I've yet to nail down. Does chaining dashes together save you any time, or is it better to just keep running after the first one?