Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Stoatbringer posted:

I want to see the pie chart.

That wasn't the only chart he had. He also logged when he or I went to bed, how many drinks we had, conversations we had...everything was logged. He would always be like "do you want to know how many beers you had this past month" and it pissed me off because no I do not want to know something like that, stop logging everything I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
If he was just keeping a chart of his jerk offs for his girlfriend and not breaking it off he had to be either a dormat or it got him really hard. But if he is keeping a chart of everything else, that is

A. loving Hilarious
B. Really weird
C. Autism
D. All of the above

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That wasn't the only chart he had. He also logged when he or I went to bed, how many drinks we had, conversations we had...everything was logged. He would always be like "do you want to know how many beers you had this past month" and it pissed me off because no I do not want to know something like that, stop logging everything I do.

So you basically lived with Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory? Tell me he became an accountant or an actuary or statistician.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

So you basically lived with Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory? Tell me he became an accountant or an actuary or statistician.

He's currently making like 8 times what I do as a banking executive despite spending 5 years less in college than I did.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Isn't there some kind of grognard's philosophy that involves carefully tracking details like this? I mean on one hand it isn't that different than people carefully tracking their diet/exercise. The whole idea is that by tracking mundane things you can pick up patterns you might not normally be aware of. Plus if there was any dispute over who takes out the trash more, who leaves the fridge open longer, etc that guy's got a Trump card for it every time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
incel goon should keep having his new stepmum walk in on him having a wank imo and see how she reacts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Feel sorry for that stepmom. She can see him creeping on her and is dreading the moment he tries something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stepmom would rather see other goon self-fellate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wrestling really is a major thread fixture

quote:

My brother owns and operates a small, regional wrestling fed. Nobody who would ever get picked up by WWE, but he makes a decent living with it, pays his wrestlers well, and even is able to donate money to the local children's hospital.

I have been struggling a bit with my marriage for the last few months. Lots of fights over stupid things, the bedroom has definitely cooled down significantly (sex once or twice a month), and we've started being really petty and nasty to each other out of anger. My wife doesn't believe in therapy (one of the things we fight over) so we've been working through it on our own.

My brother knew about this and offered me a creative outlet to get out some aggression. He asked me to write one of his wrestling shows. I really enjoyed doing that and, with his help, I think we put together a fun show that people enjoyed watching. I worked really closely with him to figure out who worked as a good guy, who was a bad guy, and to try and play to their strengths. Long story short, about a month in he had me writing both the Friday and Saturday night shows and we saw attendance jump up about 10%, so everyone was overjoyed.

Through all this I kept asking my wife to come watch wrestling with me and she refused each time. I told her I wrote it and was really proud and she would just dismiss it as being dumb. It honestly infuriated me and I eventually gave us asking her to come.

This is where the issue comes in. Assuming my wife would never attend, I funneled all that anger towards her and created a new top heel for my brother's wrestling fed. She had several mannerisms my wife did that annoyed me - loud chewing of gum, saying "Comprende?" after lecturing someone, and talking to people like they were a child. It worked well and, in her first match, she almost was booed out of the building. That reaction didn't slow down one bit and we eventually made her the Woman's Champ through weeks of cheating to win. She was getting so many boos that the woman playing her would sometimes get flustered and forget her lines. But that just worked even better because my wife will literally pause arguments to go write down rebuttals for my points, so I funneled that into the character too.

We were doing 30% more gate than we were before, so we really pushed this character and had her manage a floundering heel tag team. Instantly they were top heels and we gave them the Tag Team Championships. Merch sales were through the roof, we were selling out shows a week in advance (this was a new thing for us) and my brother even started adding a 3rd show once a month which was selling out too.

We introduced this character back in November. It's now April and she's still getting almost the same negative reactions. People loving hate my wife surrogate. We finally had her drop the championship and the girl who beat her is now our top merch seller because she became so popular just for finally shutting up my wife surrogate.

In short, I made a slightly exaggerated version of my wife and she took off as the top villain in a podunk wrestling league. It's made my brother and all the wrestlers in his fed a LOT more money. He donated $30,000 to our Children's Hospital last month . He's paying me a small amount too, but I'd honestly do this for free because it's cathartic. This is a good thing in every way except for the fact that it's helping me avoid the very real issues with my wife.

Because the fed is doing so well, I've started spending more time there to work with the wrestlers and put together a show they enjoy performing in. My wife has become interested and wants to see the show now. The problem is obvious - if I show her that our top heel is based on her, I'm sure I'm hosed. My brother has offered to take the fall, but I don't see that being a much better outcome. I do not know what to do short of just rolling with it and hoping she understands why I did it.

I think there was a Rick & Morty episode like this, where the parents' warped exaggerated versions of each other came to life as part of a couples therapy strategy that backfired spectacularly

quote:

I have several beautiful replica swords hanging in my bedroom.

My best friend was over and jokingly said "I see the pussy-repellant is still up on the wall"

I got angry but then realized he might be right. I'm thinking about selling the swords now.

I'm 40 years old.

I dunno, for the swords to repel women you have to have women in your bedroom sometimes

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What kinds of swords? And, uh, how much you want for 'em?

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

I dunno, for the swords to repel women you have to have women in your bedroom sometimes

one has a +1 to vaginal dryness enchant

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ive literally had that wrestling character thought about my wife and caricatures of her that way in a fantasy setting like wwe. Totally believable.

Hell everyone at some point could probably relate.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lol at the soldier of misforture that only managed to rise to the level of "mule."

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

loquacius posted:

wrestling really is a major thread fixture

I think there was a Rick & Morty episode like this, where the parents' warped exaggerated versions of each other came to life as part of a couples therapy strategy that backfired spectacularly

Why not just take her to a match that doesn't involve that character?

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Why not just take her to a match that doesn't involve that character?

Unless the wrestler name is connected to the wife's name she probably wouldn't connect it to herself. Most people don't think of themselves as annoying assholes.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wait wait wait

Wrestling is written??

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Wait wait wait

Wrestling is written??

Don't let these miscreants lead you astray. Wrestling will always be real if you believe it in your heart.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Hedrigall posted:

Wait wait wait

Wrestling is written??

I used to know a woman wrestler / aspiring actress / stripper. She was probably not a very good fighter (I never saw her fight) but she was hot and dumb and could probably memorize a script well enough to be entertaining.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Hedrigall posted:

Wait wait wait

Wrestling is written??

It's still real to me, drat it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm a survivalist and have been prepping for World War 3 for the last 4 years. Now that Trump played his cards and revealed he's controlled by the Globalists, I think it's finally going to happen. So here's my confession; I withdrew my 401(k) and used that money (about 90k) to build an Iron Man-esque suit to survive the apocalypse. Everybody said I was stupid but I'm finally being proven correct.

My suit is bulletproof. Useful to stop the raiding groups of gangs that will pop up after the bombs fall. Law and order will be gone, and my home is close to some.... let's just say "dark" areas which will explode into lawlessness. Not against me, motherfuckers.

My suit is lead-lined. Obvious - prevents radioactive fallout.

My suit contains a wrist mounted mini-flamethrower. Good for crowd control, good for cooking food on the go, too.

My suit suit contains a scuba tank. Good if the air is poisonous (sarin or chlorine missiles) or if I need to go underwater to scavenge for supplies.

I have trained my mind and body. I'm skilled in the use of blunt weapons, projectile weapons, and swords and axes. I've mastered simple chemical reactions, lock picking, and a whole host of other survival skills. My house is filled with canned and dry goods, enough food for years if needed. I have protection in place for my home - an AR-15 will greet you if you DARE to trespass.

I suggest you all do the same. We'll be living under a nuclear cloud or Shariah's Law within a few years and it's best to be prepared.

If an Iron Man suit only cost $90k I think the military would be using it exclusively by now. For comparison, each of those 50 missiles Trump just launched at that empty airbase because he wanted to distract from the Russia investigation cost a cool $1.5 mil.

But I'm glad you're enjoying your hobbies!

quote:

I used to frequent a real piece of poo poo bar. Bathrooms smelled like chlorine, floors were sticky, and they'd usually have to call the cops once every few weeks. I guess what you'd call a nuisance bar.

One night Jon Lovitz came into that bar. I don't know if he was performing nearby or traveling through or what. I didn't ask him any questions because he looked slightly irritated and grabbed a booth by himself in the corner.

These 2 drunk redneck types started hassling him, who the hell knows why. I don't know if they even knew who he was. And then Jon Lovitz beat the poo poo out of them both. He got one in a headlock then smashed a bottle and used it to ward of the 2nd guy. Guy in the headlock starts wiggling free and Lovitz releases the hold, then gives this fucker a spin kick. Hits him in the right elbow and the dude starts yelping in pain, then Lovitz throws three punches at him and knocks him out on the floor. The other redneck grabbed Lovitz in a full nelson then, but he just set himself up for more pain. Lovitz gets his legs on the booth and uses it to push himself up and topple over the redneck. They both crash into the ground and the guy must have loosened his grip a bit, because within about 5 seconds Lovitz had this dude in a gogoplata. That guy passes out on Lovitz just stands up. Dude is sweaty and his shirt's messed up, but he's otherwise totally fine.

Drops a pile of bills in front of the bartender and walked out. We see the headlights from his car leaving a few seconds later. That's the only celebrity I've ever met in my life. Rednecks woke up later and sheepishly left, never saw them again.

You have an oddly precise memory for the precise order of which wrestling moves were used in a barfight, but I really like this mental image

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He dick kick the poo poo out of Andy dick at a bar once

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Jose posted:

He dick kick the poo poo out of Andy dick at a bar once

This is what I came to post. For whatever reason, the image of Jay Sherman smashing Andy Dick's face into a bar while shouting, "IT STINKS!" again and again is truly endearing.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The bathrooms smelled of Chlorine?? My goodness!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Lemon posted:

The bathrooms smelled of Chlorine?? My goodness!

He meant chlorine gas. It was one of those real dive bars where there's just a fog of mustard gas throughout the whole place.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I'm no survivalist supergenius but surely

quote:

My suit is lead-lined. Obvious - prevents radioactive fallout.

and

quote:

if I need to go underwater to scavenge for supplies.

are not a good combination?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I guess the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about doesn't make it fake considering he's a doomsday "prepper", but I think the amount of lead needed to properly shield you from fallout radiation would make it impossible to move around in. Just having a millimeter of lead around you or something isn't going to do much at all.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The principal component of the iron man suit is that it's powered and gives you super human strength. If you just built a lead-lined suit of armor that weighs you down as you're being attacked by marauding "dark" people then you may as well just build a coffin for yourself.

On the other hand I would totally see this movie where Jon Lovitz, old fat and queeny, wrestles a few rednecks at a dive bar, drops some bills on the table and says "yeah, that's the ticket" before walking out

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

i dont know why these tinfoil hat people are so scared of Saria Law like all she did was give you an ocarina and say goodbye

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWiPiks1sU

hell, have some more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcBmUrV1oWo

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 9, 2017

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I don't care how fake it is, it is in my personal canon now that Jon Lovitz is actually a complete badass.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Me too, I would have payed good money to see that. fake or not.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
your suit is not bulletproof your flamethrower is gonna run out of fuel on day one the lead will not protect you from radiation if you go underwater you will suffer an agonizing death you will never need a sword or axe unless you are facing literal hordes of um "dark" marauders in which case you are an idiot and run out of bullets like a sap in which case aforementioned hordes i'm gay will surround you and your leet kendo skillz will be worth bupkis there is literally not a single even passingly plausible scenario that would result in an islamist takeover of north america and you're gonna starve once you run out of dog food because despite having skimmed duck dynasty's official hunting handbook you are still a retard of ineffable stupidity who will die of diarrhea thanks bye god bless

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I want to see iron man suit guy run a while wearing it. Actually maybe run a mile in general because usually preppers forget the most important part which is being in shape.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The best part about preppers is that they can never shut up about their fully stocked bunker they spent their lifes savings on. If on the off chance you'd actually need a bunker like that, you don't need to prepare, just camp at the entrance to the bunker your buddy kept bragging about for years and knock him off the first time he pokes his head out and you're set.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I wouldn't even really want to live in a post-apocalypse, you know? If we're going to have an apocalypse that means somebody has to die and I am proud to volunteer.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I wouldn't even really want to live in a post-apocalypse, you know? If we're going to have an apocalypse that means somebody has to die and I am proud to volunteer.

It's all a huge power fantasy. Now you're just a loser in a dead end life but when the apocalypse happens you will be the one with the guns, food, and shelter and you will be the winner. You'll show all of those idiots.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't post confessions like that if they don't include a picture imo

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I want to believe Indy Fiance. Back before we met my wife went out on a date with a dude who spent the whole night whining about how his last girlfriend dumped his rear end for cosplaying Indiana Jones when they went out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Management posted:

It's all a huge power fantasy. Now you're just a loser in a dead end life but when the apocalypse happens you will be the one with the guns, food, and shelter and you will be the winner. You'll show all of those idiots.

I always figured it was some sort of mental illness, but this makes a ton of sense too. I feel like my apocalyptic fantasy is way smaller than theirs because the only thing I'm looking forward to if I live is being able to drive around in a Maserati GranTurismo..........I'd want it in blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They all want to be Immortan Joe, rocking the cool car, the army of toadies, and all the boob juice you can drink.