Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hokkaido is a very secure location and you are unable to bring any equipment into the hospital. The 20/10 masteries just unlock the same equipment slots you would have normally.

Ah OK. I thought you unlocked an extra slot that you could use in every level. I already had visions of bringing a stack of lethal pills etc in levels :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The best thing about Colorado is the ability to activate 'Wicker Man'.

If you haven't done it before, I suggest you wait until your emotions are at maximum "gently caress This Level" for the most satisfaction.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you're tired of Colorado at least go up the water tower with your favourite sniper rifle and take out all four targets. It's pretty satisfying.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I really wish I'd started doing the escalations sooner. They'd probably have been way more fun if I was only doing one or two in between other content but now that they're all I've got left to do I loving hate them. I went from trying for SA on every level, to trying SA on the last level, to just shooting everyone I see in the dick on every level. :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
A few notes on unlocks:
  • The Silverballer is a straight upgrade to the ICA19. The only other pistols really worth using are the HWK21 Covert (if you like getting into firefights), the Custom 5mm (for frisk bypass), and the Krugermeier (for when you need to be absolutely silent).
  • Most of the non-sniper long gun unlocks are bad. The suppressed Enram HV (this is complicated because some idiot named all three shotguns the Enram HV) and TAC-4 S/A (semi-auto suppressed AR) are far and away the best of the lot. The suppressed shotgun has all the room-clearing benefits of a shotgun with almost none of the noise downside, and the semi-automatic AR is basically a super Silverballer in terms of accuracy and damage and is much better at headshotting and distance shooting than the automatic ARs which have lovely bullet damage and distance dropoff.
  • The Jaeger 7 Covert from Master Sniper has no scope sway. The Jaeger 7 Lancer has 2x zoom but no suppressor. The Sieger 300 has 3x zoom and a suppressor but does have scope sway. These are really the only sniper rifles worth using most times.
  • The Gold Coins are identical to the Coins, don't stack with normal Coins, and basically just exist for prestige, being slightly easier to see on the floor, and rare cases where for some reason you want to bring 6x Coins into a mission. NPCs do not find them more enticing.
  • All the Syringes are good, and the Antique ones are considered separate from the Modern ones meaning you can bring up to two Lethal or Emetic Syringes into a single mission. The Lethal Vial is good because not all missions have Lethal Poison available to find. The Emetic Vial is easily replaced with Rat Poison, but on Professional it's much more convenient than Rat Poison. The Sedative Vial is useless in 99% of circumstances and is not even worth worrying about, but it has the potential to be very good if Season Two maps give interesting opportunities to isolate a target you don't want to kill in an area nobody else will visit.
  • The ducks and Iconator/Napoleon are straight upgrades to the Remote/Proximity Explosives aside from the rarely-useful ability to be stuck to walls, mainly because they are not illegal items. The CX Demo Blocks can be stuck to walls too and have a much larger radius than the ICA Explosives. Of course because they're all separate items you can bring them in combo so you could e.g. bring the Remote Explosive, Remote Duck, and Remote CX Demo Block all in one loadout.
  • The Audio Distraction Device and Mixtape function identically but because they're technically separate items you can bring both. The Exploding Phone is identical in its distraction properties to both and is not an illegal item when held or dropped, but you have to stop the person who responds from answering it or they'll explode themselves. Also sometimes you want the distraction to be illegal, as it will cause any civilian who finds it to report it to a guard instead. Finally, just setting off the audio device will lure someone to the source of the sound; you can pick up the Device/Mixtape/Phone afterward so they don't find it or pick it up.
  • The Lockpick (or Crowbar) cannot open many electronically-locked doors. Only the Electronic Bypass Device and Breaching Charges (or a noisy explosive) can do that. The EBD is quieter and not illegal to hold (but illegal to swipe) and you get 3x to the Breaching Charge's 2x, but the Breaching Charge works on many other things.
  • Speaking of: The Breaching Charge is absolutely the best item in the game so unlock that ASAP. You get 2x from one loadout slot, they can open most doors and destroy/damage most objects, they can set off Fire Extinguishers and Propane Tanks or drop chandeliers for accident kills, and they can be used as near-silent Explosive Device kills when placed directly under someone. They can also launch people into space, be thrown as distractions, or thrown/dropped near guards to make multiple guards wander off to a weapon bin.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Breaching charge tip: if you know you only need the one for a thing, consider blowing up the spare in private before you set up your booby trap so you can stand around with the detonator in hand and not attract attention while waiting to pop it.

I wish I knew more about how The Big One worked in practice. I assume it's not actually that distracting or it would probably be used in more speedruns

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Blasmeister posted:

Breaching charge tip: if you know you only need the one for a thing, consider blowing up the spare in private before you set up your booby trap so you can stand around with the detonator in hand and not attract attention while waiting to pop it.

I wish I knew more about how The Big One worked in practice. I assume it's not actually that distracting or it would probably be used in more speedruns

The only real use I've found for The Big One is to set off fires without having to pull a gun out and being generally suspicious. It's such a niche use that it's right up there with the sedative and crystal ball in terms of how useful it is.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Big One is slightly more useful than those things. It's bad as a distraction because people will cluster around it, it's more useful for drawing people into a tighter area for a FE kill or something than it is for holding their attention for a long time or making them all turn away (because some will approach to look at it from a different angle). It's also a completely suspicion-free way to ignite gas puddles, leaky propane tanks, and even fire extinguishers if you drop it right on top of one. That's the main use of it, to set off an explosion or fire completely safely in circumstances where a Breaching Charge drop might not work well. The edge use for it is turning 2-3 people around for a couple of seconds to stick someone with a needle or something. Very rarely is that useful but it works well on The Oppenheimer Legacy and a few other time-sensitive custom contracts.

It's a good item, in that it has a few unique functions that no other item has. But it isn't like the Breaching Charges or Phone/Mixtape where it's almost always a good idea to take along. The Crystal Ball has a similar extreme edge use: It is a non-suspicious frisk-safe throwable non-lethal melee item even on Professional which means it can be used in a very tiny number of situations where the Concealable Baton or any tool would get you spotted. Soda Cans have the same property even on Pro (because the Crystal Ball is mechanically just a Soda Can), but you can't always find a Soda Can.

Blasmeister posted:

If a guard has picked up one Breaching Charge it won't be detonated when set off, so it's possible to detonate one then the other without having to waste one or have one in hand. Good point that there is a difference in suspicion when holding either the spare Breaching Charge or just the detonator though. It's usually fine to be holding the charge itself in a guard disguise but as a civilian you do not want to be spotted holding it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Small semi-intuitive explosive note- the smartphone is not an accident kill.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yeah. Nothing you can bring with you that explodes is an accident. They can cause accidents as secondary explosions (e.g. duck sets off a car) but an NPC answering the phone will always explode on the spot and that's obviously not an accident.

You can shoot the phone to make it explode as if it's a placed explosive so it can in theory set off stuff but at that point you may as well just use a Remote Duck and be able to set it off at will. Speaking of which: If you get the Requiem Pack DLC you get The Pale Duck, which is identical to a Remote Duck but counts as a separate item allowing you to have two. That's the only specifically pay-to-win thing in that DLC pack; the suit and ICA Chrome are strictly cosmetic.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Question: I always assumed getting SA meant you couldn't have non-targets killed, but I've seen some vids where it seems like if you make an environmental object explode (like a car in Colorado) and it kills the target + a bunch of other people, it still counts as SA? Is that true?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

qbert posted:

Question: I always assumed getting SA meant you couldn't have non-targets killed, but I've seen some vids where it seems like if you make an environmental object explode (like a car in Colorado) and it kills the target + a bunch of other people, it still counts as SA? Is that true?
In an older patch, "crowd" NPCs like the people at the fashion show or the market in Marrakesh didn't count as Non-Target Kills. This led to situations like blowing up one repairman in the bazaar + 6-8 people but only one of them counted as a "person" so it was SA. That is no longer the case as far as I know, and killing crowd NPCs does count against you. It's still possible, albeit extremely difficult, to do things like the Showstopper opportunity with SA, but it's not worth the effort.

Crowd NPCs are extremely low-effort in terms of how much programming is dedicated to them. They tend to react as a mass rather than as individuals, they can't spot certain activities like lockpicking, they will panic much faster than real NPCs (but won't go get a guard, because they can't), and they basically die to anything including one bullet pretty much anywhere on their body at any distance. A real NPC will not even die to a pistol headshot outside a certain range where it's still entirely possible to land the headshot, let alone die to a single shot to the torso at almost any range.

Also crowd NPCs can't be highlighted in Instinct mode and don't have identities that are tracked for Contracts Mode, so you can't designate them as targets.

EDIT: Regardless of your score, Silent Assassin and the 5th star are impossible if you don't have all the multipliers and zero non-target kills. It's possible to have a 4-star non-SA run that outscores a 5-star SA run if the SA run takes a super long time and runs its Time Bonus down to the minimum, even though the Non-Target Kill penalty is theoretically only 1k points per kill.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 8, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

do we know the location for the next ET? I still need to get one for Sapienza & Marrakesh, so hoping for one of those.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
Non-silent assassin. Didn't think of helping him out, so I figured I'd drop a chandelier on his head when he went to take a photo of the main staircase. And then I decided to get all fancy about it and use a breach charge so I could detonate it right by the exit and leave immediately, and because I wasn't watching I messed up the timing and spilled a guard's precious blood. Sloppy, 47, sloppy.

I'm hoping some of this fun stuff going into the ETs will end up in future levels for Season 2. I'd love to help a target complete an assassination of his own before doing him in, it'd be peak Helpful 47.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

double nine posted:

do we know the location for the next ET? I still need to get one for Sapienza & Marrakesh, so hoping for one of those.
We unfortunately do not know. However, based on remaining leaked ETs we do know that there is an unused ET on both of those maps -- The Badboy in The Icon and The Freak in A House Built On Sand -- which have also been mentioned by IOI guys on Twitter in the past. The Paparazzo was one of the unused datamined ETs that was left (there was a pool of ~6 left), and sure enough he was implemented, so it seems probable that we'll see Sapienza and Marrakesh before Season One's ETs are done. When, I have no idea. If not the end of this month then early next month I guess.

Also it's been some time since we've gotten ETs on either, and both were before the disc release of the game. The last Marrakesh one was The Angel of Death (ET15), and the last Sapienza one was The Guru only slightly later (ET16). They practically have to bring those maps back for disc purchasers to have a chance at every location-specific suit, since if I recall right The Chameleon was the first post-disc-release ET which means disc purchasers have only had ETs in Colorado (The Chameleon & The Bookkeeper), Paris (The Blackmailer & The Paparazzo), Bangkok (The Warlord), and Hokkaido (The Surgeons). Sapienza or Marrakesh practically have to be next.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Finally completed every non-escalation challenge in the game. Also did about 13 escalations to unlock whatever that gun is, and get the trophies for doing 1 on each map.

That just leaves 35 escalations to do (16 in Paris alone). That's um...daunting. Probably just gonna move onto another game now until the next ET comes out, or S2 gets announced.

Still an amazing game. My favorite of 2016.

Edit: Haven't touched Professional mode, and have no desire to.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

It's still possible, albeit extremely difficult, to do things like the Showstopper opportunity with SA, but it's not worth the effort.

Either CJ or Gule, I forget which, did that for the model ET and yeah... looks like a real fiddly pain in the rear end.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

qbert posted:

Finally completed every non-escalation challenge in the game. Also did about 13 escalations to unlock whatever that gun is, and get the trophies for doing 1 on each map.

That just leaves 35 escalations to do (16 in Paris alone). That's um...daunting. Probably just gonna move onto another game now until the next ET comes out, or S2 gets announced.

Still an amazing game. My favorite of 2016.

Edit: Haven't touched Professional mode, and have no desire to.

This was me 2 months ago before I caved and started filling in the escalations. Knocking 2 or 3 out in a session and I got them done in about a month. Definitely wouldn't bother with pro mode though. Nope. Didn't just do the first 5 levels of Paris mastery last night. :shepface:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna do enough on Sapienza to get that antique syringe, but drat, Professional mode is aggressively unfun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I like Pro mode. It's not bad at all once you realize what it's going for :shrug:. I just have 3 escalations and 2 challenges left to finish 100%ing the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Pro is okay if you're not a compulsive saver. If you are, it'll break you of the habit or else just make you quit in annoyance. I'm so used to Escalations and custom contracts where you can't save at all so it doesn't bother me that much anymore. I even forget to save playing on Normal a lot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The Terminus suit is such a beaten up, horrible looking suit that I'm tickled it's a reward for getting SA on an elusive target. You think they'd have something classier go there.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess what's most bugging me is that everything has moved, so now the guy who works in the mansion as a cook no longer has an outfit to be the cook??? I know they wanted it to be harder, but it seems more like they just want me to cause more head trauma. Almost anything that isn't on a human being has been removed or put on a human being.

I just spent like an hour trying to see how the map's changed, and all I learned was "there is nothing useful anywhere."

StrixNebulosa posted:

The Terminus suit is such a beaten up, horrible looking suit that I'm tickled it's a reward for getting SA on an elusive target. You think they'd have something classier go there.

It's a reference to Absolution, so it being lovely-looking and not classy is appropriate.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Terminus is one of the top troll suits, up there with Santa. There's enough classy-looking ones that the beaten up blown-to-shreds look is pretty funny.

I see it as more a taunt to inspire you to head for the Winter Suit. "Hey, if you get four more of these, you can get a suit that looks good."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just got SA on the latest Elusive Target. Yep, worked long and hard at it and succeeded in the end.

I mean... I would have, if after getting the tracking bodyguard away, getting the target to come down downstairs, killing him, dragging his body to a hiding spot, putting him in the hiding spot and then closing the lid on that hiding spot.... a guy didn't just suddenly barge through the door as I closed the lid the last 1/16th of an inch, gasp and go CRIME NOTICED meaning I had to KO him before turning to the right and walking right out the exit to a 3 star rating (I killed the witness in a fit of pique).

:negative:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ahh, I see! It's also kinda neat how it puts a bandaid on the back of 47's head while you're wearing it.

Now...

I am really mad at Bangkok because I stuck a KOed dude on his balcony and figured no one would find him because no one ever goes there, but today, after I've successfully poisoned both targets and I'm working on figuring out how to get into the security station (why the flip are these staff people so allergic to the idea of not standing near the door so I can dart through here - !)

a body found message pops. And it's not for Jordan's body, or Ken's.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Nakar posted:

Terminus is one of the top troll suits, up there with Santa. There's enough classy-looking ones that the beaten up blown-to-shreds look is pretty funny.

I see it as more a taunt to inspire you to head for the Winter Suit. "Hey, if you get four more of these, you can get a suit that looks good."

Santa suit is the best, because you can get into situations like this. (my screenshot, but I stole the idea from somebody in this thread)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Santa suit is best suit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I have more information on Providence, and on the Shadow Client's force. I'll compile all the current info I have here, for those interested in Deep Hitman Lore. Spoilers abound. All of the info below is taken from ingame conversations and isn't speculative, except where I explicitly say it is.

Providence
Basically a big shadow government to end all shadow governments. The "Hidden Hand", these secretive kingmakers supposedly control a metric ton of resources, with ultra-high-level figures the equivalent of Rupert Murdoch being no more than their agents. Defined by extreme secrecy and compartmentalization. Basically the primary bad guys, though it looks like we'll be working for them for part of season 2.

Providence Leader - No name or official title, but there's a big ? portrait at the top of all the others on the Shadow Client's list, so apparently someone is in control of everything.
Partners - A group of apparently seven people who are the leaders of Providence. At this point, we know nothing else about them.
Constant - An extremely plain-looking man who is the sole point of contact between the Partners and the Heralds. Almost certainly the G-man-alike we've been seeing in cutscenes, though it's never been directly stated. Knows stuff about 47's childhood, for which the most likely explanation is that Providence once funded Ort-Meyer's research. He's gonna die, I'll bet. Hopefully not in a cutscene.
Heralds Banker Eugene Cobb, an unnamed Herald with Asian features that was managing the Ether operation(hitman wiki sez he was Yuki Yamazaki's boyfriend, but I've not been able to find a source for that), William Candler, Yuki Yamazuki, and an unnamed man referred to as "Director". These evasive figures are well-placed "messengers" for Providence, acting as points of contact between Constant and Agents, who actually do things. Generally meant to be completely invisible, and expendable, since they only know what they need to. We haven't killed a Herald ingame at this point, unless you got dressed up as a scarecrow and set one on fire.
Agents Francesca De Santis(maybe, need to confirm she's in contact with a Herald),Reza Zaydan, Claus Strandberg, Thomas Cross, Gustavo Torres(Mexican interior secretary), Biosphere CEO Simon Devereaux, and the traitor Erich Soders are all just players on the chessboard set up by Providence. Some agents, like Zaydan, are raised from birth to fulfill their role. Others are brought in ad hoc. That the HITMAN equivalent of Richard Branson is just a low-level tool to the organization says something about their scale.

The Shadow Client has at this point learned the identities of all of Providence's Heralds, Agents and operations. He's also stolen a kajillion dollars from Cross's bank accounts.

Shadow Client's Army (hereafter SCA)
The Shadow Client has set up a whole paramilitary army of skilled fighters from all over the place to fight Providence. Freaks, geniuses, psychos, supersoldiers, mercs, the lot of them. They still get tricked by coins just as easily, though. They like to set up camp in flat areas with aggravatingly long sightlines.
Like Providence, only a subset of leaders of the organization know its full plan, and different divisions and teams are only given what they need to know to accomplish their goals.

Shadow Client - abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of Nowhere- no wait, wrong character. Cutscene Liam-Neeson man. Probably was at the asylum with 47. Spent time in Sierra Leone. Apparently as good as 47, and continuously teasing players by running missions offscreen that sound as cool as the ones we carry out- though he might be using his forces to help him carry out his missions, it's indicated he's carried out several equivalent feats on his own. Has been tracking 47 since at least the events of Hitman 2. Might be the MYstery Man from earlier in the series, but it seems unlikely.

SC's inner Circle:
Olivia Hall - 24-year-old computer genius who runs the SCA's hacking division. The Shadow Client's protege, she knows him better than anyone else in the force. Actually not dead yet, incredibly- but all signs point to us rectifying that near the beginning of Season 2.
Sean Rose - day-to-day leader of the SCA before 47 whacked him in some ironic way. Basically the leader by default because he was less incapable than the other high-ranking SCA members. Described by strike team members as basically someone looking for an ideological excuse to kill people. Severely OCD, probably relating to his childhood on an anarcho-primitivist compound. or maybe it's all those children he blew up. Reynard's lover.
"That Accountant" - mentioned as also being part of the SC's inner circle. No other info. Is apparently not the same person as the Bookkeeper ET, because you supposedly can't use that target's corpse to get into the storm shelter. No other info yet. Might be the mysterious Mystery Man from earlier in the series.

Others in the SCA:
Richard M. Foreman - super con man and impersonator. Mentioned in passing by other guards in the vanilla freedom fighters mission, in what was previously assumed to be an in-joke about Decoy Octopus. Killed as the Chameleon ET. Was part of "Operation Highball", which was a plan for him to impersonate a general and steal a fuel-air bomb.
Patrick Morgan - A Sarajevo Six-exclusive target who is a former CICADA freelancer. War crimes rapid assault guy. Infamous among console players for walking around with an escort of several stalkers.
Alma Reynard - Reynard is the SCA's other super-assassin. Sean Rose's lover, she is referred to as a "lone wolf". She is off-compound getting supplies or something when 47 visits, which is presumably the only reasons she didn't mysteriously catch fire or something.
Crest, a "corporate Whatever" - Mentioned once. No other info, but may be the "accountant-looking guy" from SC's inner circle.
Ezra Berg - Interrogation specialist, horror movie reference and a particularly lucrative (and quite easy) kill in the colorado mission. Can totally hook you up, man. Just say the word.
Maya Parvati - Head of SCA's strike team, planning a job in Mexico that now may never happen. Really abrasive and really competent in a firefight, supposedly. Will cower just like any other target, but curses a black streak at you instead of pleading for mercy.
Penelope Graves - New girl in town, a former CIA analyst who appears to have joined up because her superiors shut her down when she figured out Providence's existence on her own. Brought in by the SC with a secret task: to evaluate Sean Rose's apparently deteriorating mental state, with an eye toward replacement.

Providence has at this point had 47 kill off a large portion of the SCA's specialists, as all those strikethroughs above would indicate. I would bet that the rest of those names will be crossed off in season two.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 9, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Herald that Ezra Berg is interrogating is named William Candler, according to Contracts Mode. He will also almost certainly be dead after the events of Freedom Fighters because the Shadow Client was physically present in Colorado (albeit at a sniping distance) and 47 is clearly intended to be unable to kill Candler during the mission (you can overdose him with Berg's drugs, but that just renders him unconscious), so all signs would point to the Shadow Client liquidating him and getting whatever men he considers to still matter out of Colorado given that the ICA and Providence now know about it.

EDIT: Also, there is some connection between the SCA and the Delgado drug cartel; Parvati's men mention that after the motorcade strike they're training for that the Delgados will be helping the strike team escape and hiding them. This is a bit awkward for 47 because he already killed two ranking members of the Delgado cartel in A Vintage Year back in Blood Money, so there's a pretty good chance they're going to be happy to stay aligned with the Shadow Client if he reveals that the ICA is arrayed against them.

EDIT EDIT: Also Olivia Hall is mentioned as the Shadow Client's "protege" by two guys talking near the Nitroglycerine storage, who also claim she is part of some operation involving Hamsun Oil in Reykjavik. Hamsun Oil is presumably a Providence-run business, but it suggests that if Hall is a target in Season Two that Iceland will be one of the new destinations.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 9, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Satisfaction: after hours of careful, tedious work with the coins so I could empty out the people hanging out near the security station (KOed 'em with a hammer and hid them in a bathroom), I shot the security camera recorder, climbed up to Jordan Cross and used coins to lure him into an empty room (more hammering, before a snapped neck) and strolled back down to the lobby to poison Ken Morgan.

SASO: not clean, not the best, but I did it and I'm happy. :D

As for deep Hitman lore, I am fascinated by all of this. I pay attention to the story, and it's actually pretty interesting? I mean yeah it's Illuminati vs ICA vs Shadow Man, but it's told in a classy way and I enjoy eavesdropping on people.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The locations for Season 2 are actually in an easter egg in Hokkaido. I'll track it down, one moment.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 9, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

On the other hand, that they would need to cause a violent government collapse is a sign that their control isn't quite as omnipotent as it seems.

is this a reference to claus strandberg? if so, a conversation between him and zaydan (if you send claus through the tunnels by setting off an alarm) indicates that claus did that by himself, for the fun of it, and zaydan was going to throw claus out of the escape helicopter to his death as a result of instructions from providence

if not, i missed something

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Please include a very obvious Nigel Farage caricature as a target in season 2, tia.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

is this a reference to claus strandberg? if so, a conversation between him and zaydan (if you send claus through the tunnels by setting off an alarm) indicates that claus did that by himself, for the fun of it, and zaydan was going to throw claus out of the escape helicopter to his death as a result of instructions from providence

if not, i missed something.

Zaydan was being planned to seize control of the government in a coup regardless- Strandberg was just an unexpected variable. That said, this is a good point and I'll tweak the description.

The magazine was in the guard waiting room in Hokkaido, which was predictably the last place I checked. That said, it looks like Yamazaki is actually probably a Herald.

My rig is low-end, so the shot is hard to read:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=901603953
I can make out:
Rotterdam
Reykjavik
Mexico City
Seoul
Wroclaw
Nashville
Hull
Vancouver
Agra

If someone else can get a better shot, please do so.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 9, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Rotterdam
Reykjavik
??? --> Mexico
Seoul
??? ---> Wroclaw
Nashville
Hull
Vancouver
??? ---> Agra

If someone else can get a better shot, please do so.

How's this?

(sorry for the delay I'd never heard KAI make small talk before!)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thanks! I need to sleep, but before I go, I have a gift from the intolerable hitman forums:

Maybe we can cut up and label these to make our own conspiracy charts!

It's more speculative, but I strongly believe several of these folks can be nailed down as targets for season 2. In particular, it's not hard to tell which of these guys is running the Church of Ascendants, Biosphere, Ether, Hamsun oil...

edit: lol, there's not entirely unbelieveable speculation that the Shadow Client is Burnwood's long-lost brother.

edit 2: more Hokkaido stuff I need to confirm before I list it anywhere:
- The man killed in Johannesburg after the Sapienza cutscene was called Hajun. Yamazaki was in a relationship with him. She wanted to lead the investigation into his death, but the Constant deemed her too emotionally involved
- Soders' right-sided heart came from a street kid in Brazil
- Agent Smith, now an Interpol agent, was caught the previous day snooping around
- Yamazaki was the one who recommended ("Director") Fanin as Eugene Cobb’s successor.
- Providence have over over a hundred operatives and files on all ICA board members.
- The director of Gama was placed there by Providence.
- The AI KAI is a Providence experiment from Kronstadt Industries to try to allow closer collaboration between the businesses it controls, such as Ether.
- Tim Quinn is the CEO of Silicon Valley tech giant Quantum Leap. I'm guessing here but I think he's the Steve Jobs Lookalike on Shadow Client's board of Providence targets, and maybe we'll see him in Season 2
- 47 was one ugly child.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 9, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The magazine was in the guard waiting room in Hokkaido, which was predictably the last place I checked. That said, it looks like Yamazaki is actually probably a Herald.

I can make out:
Rotterdam
Reykjavik
Mexico City
Seoul
Wroclaw
Nashville
Hull
Vancouver
Agra

I just wrapped the Ezekiel Paradox so now to comment on this: it's next to impossible to judge these cities as Hitman season 1 showed it could be as flavorful and interesting as Sapienza or as generic as Bangkok/Colorado - as in, those maps are more defined by what they are - hotel/military compound versus Sapienza literally being a small Italian town (if fictional) - so it's hard to have an opinion outside of my joy at seeing so many different places.

...But I gotta say, I'm bummed at their choice of Nashville. Ugh, southern US - they go for that when they could pick somewhere like Syracuse, or Columbus, or ANY of our ridiculously silly smaller towns? I know I know, biased 'cause I'm from the northeast, but c'mooon, give us an American location that's not from the South. :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Thanks! I need to sleep, but before I go, I have a gift from the intolerable hitman forums:

Maybe we can cut up and label these to make our own conspiracy charts!

It's more speculative, but I strongly believe several of these folks can be nailed down as targets for season 2. In particular, it's not hard to tell which of these guys is running the Church of Ascendants, Biosphere, Ether, Hamsun oil...

edit: lol, there's not entirely unbelieveable speculation that the Shadow Client is Burnwood's long-lost brother.

edit 2: more Hokkaido stuff I need to confirm before I list it anywhere:
- The man killed in Johannesburg after the Sapienza cutscene was called Hajun. Yamazaki was in a relationship with him. She wanted to lead the investigation into his death, but the Constant deemed her too emotionally involved
- Soders' right-sided heart came from a street kid in Brazil
- Agent Smith, now an Interpol agent, was caught the previous day snooping around
- Yamazaki was the one who recommended ("Director") Fanin as Eugene Cobb’s successor.
- Providence have over over a hundred operatives and files on all ICA board members.
- The director of Gama was placed there by Providence.
- The AI KAI is a Providence experiment from Kronstadt Industries to try to allow closer collaboration between the businesses it controls, such as Ether.
- Tim Quinn is the CEO of Silicon Valley tech giant Quantum Leap. I'm guessing here but I think he's the Steve Jobs Lookalike on Shadow Client's board of Providence targets, and maybe we'll see him in Season 2
- 47 was one ugly child.

Oh poo poo is that the opera singer from Blood Money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
If that genuinely is the list of locations for season 2 (and it seems a bit long compared to season 1), I'm looking forward to seeing Hull. :v: