Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I grew up poor and what is now known as a "food insecure" household. School lunch was often all I would get to eat daily. Luckily, my school wasn't a bunch of dripping assholes, and even after my Mom became non-existent due to drugs, they allowed me to stay on free lunch even though she wouldn't fill out the forms.

School lunch is loving important, and should really be tax subsidized to provide all students with free lunch. Seriously, buy one less F-35 and invest in our loving future. If they need a GOP approved reason, fed children make better soldiers for the next generation that gets to play in the Forever Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"just don't gently caress" says a dude in a sub forum of military members and veterans

Sure thing, lt

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ded posted:

I know this is a crazy thought that goes against the think tank but if you can't afford birth control maybe you shouldn't be having sex.

Ugly people shouldn't breathe.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ded posted:

I know this is a crazy thought that goes against the think tank but if you can't afford birth control maybe you shouldn't be having sex.

This has never worked in entire history of humanity. Nor will it. So let's not beat our heads against that wall.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

Could take the kiwi approach of heavy sex education, free condoms for all and heavily subsidised sexual health visits to your doctor.

Then again, we're the leaders in teenage pregnancy lmao

edit
oh poo poo no you guys took the title from us, we're number 2 now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LingcodKilla posted:

I too want to control human nature and care deeply about people loving to reduce the stress of life with a free activity.
Life has no meaning if you are not suffering.

Are you Irish/Catholic?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I grew up poor and what is now known as a "food insecure" household. School lunch was often all I would get to eat daily. Luckily, my school wasn't a bunch of dripping assholes, and even after my Mom became non-existent due to drugs, they allowed me to stay on free lunch even though she wouldn't fill out the forms.

School lunch is loving important, and should really be tax subsidized to provide all students with free lunch. Seriously, buy one less F-35 and invest in our loving future. If they need a GOP approved reason, fed children make better soldiers for the next generation that gets to play in the Forever Wars.
But according to the GOP feeding poor children doesn't help!

quote:

Mulvaney also took aim at the school lunch program, which he said was enacted to improve the education of low-income students. Those results have not materialized, he said.

"They're supposed to be educational programs, right? I mean, that's what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to help kids who don't get fed at home get fed so they do better in school," Mulvaney said. "Guess what? There's no demonstrable evidence they're actually doing that. There's no demonstrable evidence they're actually helping results, helping kids do better in school... And we can't prove that that's happening."
He's wrong, obviously. The GOP base & elite are fairy tale monsters.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

A reminder that school lunch programs were instituted in the first place because they found that a significant portion of recruits during WW2 were malnourished due to the dustbowl/great depression. :mil101:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/potus_staff/status/850128348726435840

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Godholio posted:

We need a sarcasm font. I'm mocking the fact that we decided not to send that message when maybe we should've.

No I was seriously asking. I'm not sure anymore and i need a draft dodger telling me these things :/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ded posted:

Southern states should fund SA accounts for the poor

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Professor Bling posted:

"just don't gently caress" says a dude in a sub forum of military members and veterans

Sure thing, lt

If you can afford a soda you can afford a rubber. :smugdog:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I went to a grade school where poor kids (me) could get breakfast before class and got free* lunches. Yay not starving.

*Nothing is free, says local dumbass dickhead.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Are you Irish/Catholic?

If he were a WASP, he'd say that life has no meaning without watching inferior peoples' suffering.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The only​ people who care about Afghanistan are in Afghanistan.

Source: Me, who just left Afghanistan

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wonder how many poor kids we could feed with that 93$m hillside volley the other day that didn't disrupt Syrian air ops

Haha just kidding they're poor who cares

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

maffew buildings posted:

Wonder how many poor kids we could feed with that 93$m hillside volley the other day that didn't disrupt Syrian air ops

Haha just kidding they're poor who cares

well, america's population is 318 million, i'd guess somewhere between a quarter and a third of those are children, so i'm gonna go with..... all of them

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I'd say that if you can't afford to feed your kids you probably shouldn't have kids but that doesn't mean that society should just let kids go hungry.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't punish kids (denying then loving food and a chance in life) for having dumbshit parents.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Syncopated posted:

I'd say that if you can't afford to feed your kids you probably shouldn't have kids but that doesn't mean that society should just let kids go hungry.

Again, when has this ever worked on a large scale in the history of humanity? Having relationships and sex is a thing people do.

Like, yeah, if you change fundamental human nature a lot of things are possible. Got it. Is that easier/more likely than addressing the reality we have now as it stands?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Southern states should fund SA accounts for the poor

To punish them I assume?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sharknado slashfic posted:

To punish them I assume?

To keep them from loving. The punishment is just a plus.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/850827011887157248

:barf:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Sometimes schools make it really hard to pay for lunches.

My kids school handles things digitally, so you have to login to a website to fill up their accounts, not a big deal, but they don't let you auto refill, so when the accounts get low the lunch lady tells the kids and then they are supposed to tell us. Well one time they didn't, so our kids had to eat white bread and peanut butter one day because the school district is goddamned retarded.

We had reduced price lunches when I was a kid and I think it was probably a good program.

Not sure if we would have gone hungry without it, but only having to pay a quarter for our lunches was probably nice for my parents.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Chichevache posted:

To keep them from loving. The punishment is just a plus.

Oh please, half of the south's married folk or couples can't get past three inches of penetration because of the chub rolls. And that interference doesn't stop poo poo. They must grow fatter, to the point where they'd die of obesity before cumming.

I propose we bombard the south with more KFC and double quarter pound cheeseburger drive-thrus and let the vast majority of them succomb to strokes or heart attacks, preferably before they can procreate.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Lol

After Xi Leaves U.S., Chinese Media Assail Strike on Syria - The New York Times
https://apple.news/AkCySEfKORP2e_AA4BjsiVg

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bengy81 posted:

Lol

After Xi Leaves U.S., Chinese Media Assail Strike on Syria - The New York Times
https://apple.news/AkCySEfKORP2e_AA4BjsiVg
:byodood:THE ART OF THE DEAL!!!1

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Casimir Radon posted:

:byodood:THE ART OF THE DEAL!!!1

Here's one of my faves:

quote:

Mr. Chen added that many Chinese were “thrilled” by the attack because it would probably result in the United States becoming further mired in the Middle East.

“If the United States gets trapped in Syria, how can Trump make America great again? As a result, China will be able to achieve its peaceful rise,” Mr. Chen said, using a term Beijing employs to characterize its growing power. “Even though we say we oppose the bombing, deep in our hearts we are happy.”

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Are you Irish/Catholic?

Mexican from a catholic family so basically the same thing but with solid freckle color.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/850841438573211649

I choose to believe this is either entirely unrelated to any plans suggested to Trump earlier this week, or is some kind of idiotic saber rattling.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/sarahemclaugh/status/850728303623376897

I wonder if it's a body double?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Probably called up one of his frat brothers.

"Hey dude you wanna go to Iraq? Yeah there's probably someone we can rape there."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Could take the kiwi approach of heavy sex education, free condoms for all and heavily subsidised sexual health visits to your doctor.

Then again, we're the leaders in teenage pregnancy lmao

edit
oh poo poo no you guys took the title from us, we're number 2 now

Yeah watching fat people gently caress would make me not want to have sex too.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/hemantmehta/status/848984468484313089

:wink:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Gritty reboot of PCU looking good...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That's not a flak jacket, that's a douchiness containment device.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hell yes. 36 years of me being gay and its finally done something useful.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hexyflexy posted:

Sure you want to top a guy like that? He's filthy inside.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hexyflexy posted:

Really if anything you should be dominating harder. Stop underachieving, slacker. Do your country proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeris, requesting that all Nobles get a Kushner in a plate carrier av.

• Locked thread