Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Flash looks really good this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah his super is insane

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
bane 88% damage super move D:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Flash's super move: https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestVivaciousStrawberryTakeNRG it's amazing

Reverse Flash v Flash intro dialogue: https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCrackyHawkNononoCat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Flash and Captain Cold look amazing

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The T-Rex's "dude what the heck" reaction clinched it for me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Colds ice platforms look rad as hell. Sucks that it's an ability locked behind an equipment upgrade though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Cold looks really fun with his trap game and ability to control spacing in a really neat way. His abilities from gear are pretty sick, I love his super and "ice platform." His gear outfits look like Halo poo poo though.
Flash's new poo poo is extremely my poo poo with the fast punchies and big rushdown. He stole Noob Saibot's "three hit teleport punch" which is gonna be a bitch to predict; everyone is gonna be ducking for that. His super is obviously the coolest loving one in the game and his costumes are extremely cool. Reverse Flash sounds like an rear end in a top hat and I love the small variant in his costume from Flash.

Bane is loving nasty now. They gave him a loving RKO lol. I'm glad they moved over all the grappler stuff we would have missed from Grundy and just put them on a character that made sense. He has a fantastic comeback mechanic in his super, especially against people like Fate or Cold. A bit disappointed his gear isn't more lucha-oriented but I kind of dig all his neo-noir futuristic monster outfits.

Gorilla Grodd is next week!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a link to a recording of the walkthroughs?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Gorilla Grodd is next week!

Wait did they actually say that, I only skimmed through the vod since I missed it live. Grodd is my most anticipated new character.

Also thank god that dumb flash kick is now punishable on block.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Bane is loving nasty now. They gave him a loving RKO lol. I'm glad they moved over all the grappler stuff we would have missed from Grundy and just put them on a character that made sense. He has a fantastic comeback mechanic in his super, especially against people like Fate or Cold. A bit disappointed his gear isn't more lucha-oriented but I kind of dig all his neo-noir futuristic monster outfits.

Maining Bane was quite a journey with the first game. At launch he was like, bottom tier, then every update slightly buffed him until he could actually hang in there. Sadly my gameplay never got quite good enough to hang with the big boys, despite all the hours I put in...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait did they actually say that, I only skimmed through the vod since I missed it live. Grodd is my most anticipated new character.

Yup, they announced it when they were answering Reddit questions.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

Yup, they announced it when they were answering Reddit questions.

loving finally. Grodd was announced at the start of the media cycle for the game and theres nothing out there for him minus the odd vid of him getting mashed on at e3 from last year. Is he a grappler that turns into a zoner when he traits up? almost a year later and still don't really know.

I just like gorillas they are neat animals games don't let you play them, please be good Gorilla Grodd! :unsmith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i love the voice actor for reverse flash, he's been in like everything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Is there a link to a recording of the walkthroughs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpgs9OsTnWQ

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgsRg2ZYCY

EDIT

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/849973593349947392

Hmmm

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 6, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
tthat was the best story trailer yet!!!

catwoman is definitely the mole isn't she

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

well that's as much of a Joker teaser as we'll ever get

somebody here mentioned he'd likely be a non-story add much like old Liu Kang/Kung Lao in MKX. I'm curious about what Joker would look like or if they'd change his godawful ability from the first game. Looking back, goddamn he was beyond loving ugly and his voice was also terrible, so getting Mark Hamill would already be a step up.

of course it could all be loving nothing and he's only doing a voice for a flashback

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
mark hammill joker would be amazing

edit: scarecrow before the fear towin during his intro

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

mark hammill joker would be amazing

edit: scarecrow before the fear towin during his intro

I was hoping this would be the explanation for his weird-rear end powers and I was not disappointed, this owns.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

That quick flash of Scarecrow in his mask and labcoat in the high speed hoverboat chase was definitely my favorite part.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I liked last game's joker voice so ???I dunno???

mind you i'm the #1 Epcar fan

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So is Grodd the main antagonist, or is this all a smokescreen to make us forget Brainiac is a thing.

Cause I am very OK with Grodd being the big bad no amount of space magic Brainiac has can be stronger than a Gorilla.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Evil Canadian posted:

So is Grodd the main antagonist, or is this all a smokescreen to make us forget Brainiac is a thing.

Cause I am very OK with Grodd being the big bad no amount of space magic Brainiac has can be stronger than a Gorilla.

It's a three way faction war. Regime, Society, and the Insurgency. Then Brainiac shows up at the worst possible time to make it extra complicated.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Grod is basically this game's Kotal Kahn, or maybe its' Mileena.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cold seems neat but I really hate playing characters with fireballs that hit high.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Cold seems neat but I really hate playing characters with fireballs that hit high.

Up high! Down low? Too slow. :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Kotal Kahn getting chumped and looking like an idiot in MKX's story instead of joining hands with the special forces was legit bad. then again MKX is one big "haha I tricked you!!!!" especially with loving Scorpion; the Good Guys always fall for it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jimmy Hats posted:

Grodd is Kotal Khan, Superman is Mileena, Brainiac is Shinnok, Batman is uuuuuh Johnny Cage? Supergirl is Cassie Cage

edit Batman is Raiden, definitely raiden

edit2 and I wonder where Atrocitus come into play, maybe he could be Brainiac's Quan Chi

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 7, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MinibarMatchman posted:

Kotal Kahn getting chumped and looking like an idiot in MKX's story instead of joining hands with the special forces was legit bad. then again MKX is one big "haha I tricked you!!!!" especially with loving Scorpion; the Good Guys always fall for it.

Kotal and his guys were really the biggest missed opportunity of MKX, he had some of the neatest people in the roster on his side and they were mostly new characters too, Erron Black's cool, Ferra/Torr are cool, D'vorah is alright, Ermac's cool, Reptile is as ever doofy but good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wound up really liking Team Cassie by the end, though.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Its not like they can't use them better in the next Mortal Kombat game. There all like skeletor and the gang, there not going awY

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Senerio posted:

I wound up really liking Team Cassie by the end, though.

Takeda and Erron Black are definitely still fighting over that "Best new character" spot for me, character, visual and gameplay they were both really strong entries.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Grodd is Kotal Khan, Superman is Mileena, Brainiac is Shinnok, Batman is uuuuuh Johnny Cage? Supergirl is Cassie Cage

edit Batman is Raiden, definitely raiden

edit2 and I wonder where Atrocitus come into play, maybe he could be Brainiac's Quan Chi

Supergirl's a bad guy isn't she?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aphrodite posted:

Supergirl's a bad guy isn't she?

I think the story is that she frees superman because she's just arrived on earth and "why are those nasty humans locking up my cousin???" and then realize she has hosed up and tries to stop him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurtofan posted:

I think the story is that she frees superman because she's just arrived on earth and "why are those nasty humans locking up my cousin???" and then realize she has hosed up and tries to stop him.

Yeah there was a bunch of pre-fight dialogue in the beta implying that she's with Batman's crew after some initial misunderstanding where she frees Supes

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, apparently someone in NRS agreed with me that Flash's super in the first game was terrible (You take the most memorable part of JLU and make it BORING!?), because the new one makes up for it and then some.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I thought MKX's story was super weak. They did a half decent 'oh poo poo!' moment at the end of D'Vorah's chapter but it after that there were no surprises. You knew who was going to end up beating Shinnok by the end of chapter 2.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Holy poo poo, apparently someone in NRS agreed with me that Flash's super in the first game was terrible (You take the most memorable part of JLU and make it BORING!?), because the new one makes up for it and then some.

You thought that The Flash going "Rrrrrrrrrrrrahhh!" Then running around the world and across water to land a speedster uppercut was terrible? It was mediocre at worst.

While I'm at it, can I just mention how every hero going "Haaaaa!" or "Rrrrraawwwwrrr!" before their super is kind of dumb?

When did that poo poo start happening in NRS games? MK vs DCU? At least Catwoman goes "Meeeeowwrrr!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Jimmy Hats posted:

You knew who was going to end up beating Shinnok by the end of chapter 2.

This was only disappointing because she didn't do so via a green-glowing nutshot so hard it pops his head off.

He's even decapitated in the final cutscene, they had all the pieces necessary for it :smith:

• Locked thread