Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

yellowcar posted:

Basically the Pens and BJs are doing everything in their power to help the Leafs get in and lol if they gently caress that up.

The Jackets are on a run similar to that which got Richards fired and Torts hired at the other end of a season's schedule. If the Leafs lose tomorrow, they probably deserve to be out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So I know he Flyers looked awful most of this year, but I just looked at the end of the year stats and holy poo poo did everyone that was not Wayne Simmons's and Brayden Schenn underperform.

Simmonds: 30 goals, 52 points
Schenn: 25 goals, 54 points
Voracek: 20 goals, 61 points
Girioux: 14 goals, 57 points
Couterier: 13 goals, 31 points (64 games played)
Konencny: 11 goals, 28 points
Read: 10 goals, 19 points (63 games played)
Raffle: 8 goals, 11 points (52 games played)
Jordan Weal: 8 goals, 11 points (in 21 games)
Ghost: 7 goals, 38 points
Provorav: 7 goals, 28 points
Vandevelde, Gudas, Cousins, and Weiss all have 6 goals
And worth mentioning:
Andrew MacDonald: 2 goals, 14 assists, 16 points (and rarely scratched)

loving awful year. Only bright spot was Provarov and Simmonds (not a fan of Schenn). Girioux needs to bounce back next year.

Also, Weal outscored half the loving team playing in only 21 games.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Have a sharks, Bengals, rockies, and raptors fan in your life? Well, have I got the product for you!

Alternatively, can someone explain this to me?

E: only 16 bux!

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 8, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know in Milwaukee somewhere there's a house with both Packers and Bears flags out front and a "House Divided" banner in the window.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

Have a sharks, Bengals, rockies, and raptors fan in your life? Well, have I got the product for you!

Probably Pungry.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Alibaba.com

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is that aliexpress? They will make banners of anything. Have you seen the Buffalo Bills Stanley Cup Champions banner?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyera don't lose last home game.

Woo :toot:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Sens have clinched 2nd place in the Atlantic. Now we can tank against the Isles to knock off the leafs tommorow.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sens have clinched 2nd place in the Atlantic. Now we can tank against the Isles to knock off the leafs tommorow.

Pls don't

Hoping leafs can get their poo poo together tonight against a 'weak' pens roster so it doesn't matter.

Babs said the team's in good shape because they had a lovely morning skate and they had a good morning skate before getting destroyed by the lightning so the karma balances out.

:negative:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/850817176298815492

Steve Ott, the ultimate leader.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Pls don't

Hoping leafs can get their poo poo together tonight against a 'weak' pens roster so it doesn't matter.

Babs said the team's in good shape because they had a lovely morning skate and they had a good morning skate before getting destroyed by the lightning so the karma balances out.

:negative:

Aw come on, he was making a joke.

In other news, if the Capitals play like this in the playoffs I will be very excited.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/850818933879951361

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

My favorite thing about that is about how crappy Doc Emrick's call was.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The A is for rear end

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

wott the hell

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not going to be too many Anton Khudobins in the playoffs.

Hopefully.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

DJExile posted:

Flyera don't lose last home game.

Woo :toot:

Still one left tomorrow night, bud

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
The Rangers backing their way into the playoffs is lovely and dumb. They're not just going to magically turn a switch or something when round one starts

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bunnyofdoom posted:

TSN_wally posted:

Phaneuf, Stalberg, Anderson, Hoffman, Stone and Turris all appear to be staying behind for tmws's game as their gear is in their stall

Ask and ye shall receive

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Mind_Taker posted:

Doc sounded drunk for this game.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Chad Sexington posted:

Aw come on, he was making a joke.

In other news, if the Capitals play like this in the playoffs I will be very excited.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/850818933879951361

So was I Mr. Sexington

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I hope the Capitals re-sign Shattenkirk and, if need be, trade Carlson to the moon to make it possible. He's such a huge upgrade unlike pretty much every single Capitals deadline acquisition going back to like Fedorov and Huet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I hope the Capitals re-sign Shattenkirk and, if need be, trade Carlson to the moon to make it possible. He's such a huge upgrade unlike pretty much every single Capitals deadline acquisition going back to like Fedorov and Huet.

I'm still taking Oshie over Shattenkirk. No way we can afford both. (Maybe either...)

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Oshie's good but he's really benefitting from an absurd shooting percentage. I'd like to re-sign him but his contract is really going to suck in like 2 or 3 years. I think Shattenkirk's long deal will likely age better.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I hope the Flyers load up a dump truck with cash, sign Shattenkirk and pair him with Provorov.

After buying out Andrew MacDonald.

And I hope the Flyers keep Mason and trade Neuvirth, because Mason is better and doesn't deserve the poo poo he gets in Philly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Oshie's good but he's really benefitting from an absurd shooting percentage. I'd like to re-sign him but his contract is really going to suck in like 2 or 3 years. I think Shattenkirk's long deal will likely age better.

How many more good years have Ovechkin and Backstrom got? They work so drat good with Oshie and we've been searching for somebody to compliment them for so drat long. That trio can rule the NHL for another 3 years at the least, it's worth it.

Shattenkirk is worth it too, but locking up that top line is so much more valuable.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

I wouldn't mind the Pens chucking some money his way given the Letang situation. I imagine he'll sign with the Caps or his beloved Rangers, though.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

How many more good years have Ovechkin and Backstrom got? They work so drat good with Oshie and we've been searching for somebody to compliment them for so drat long. That trio can rule the NHL for another 3 years at the least, it's worth it.

Shattenkirk is worth it too, but locking up that top line is so much more valuable.

I get that and if their mindset is "we know this is an overpay and we'll deal with the consequences later" then I guess it's not the worst move in the world. He's certainly not going to turn into garbage even if his shooting percentage returns to normal. I guess I'm just not sold on the Capitals not being able to compete when Ovechkin and Backstrom start really degrading. They have some nice young pieces across the board that should keep them competitive for a long time.

I'm also really low on Carlson and I'd hate to lose him for nothing when he is a UFA next year, but I want no part of re-signing Carlson at what is likely going to be at least Shattenkirk money. I'd much rather just give Shattenkirk that same contract, if he's not already set on the Rangers, and try to trade Carlson for what is likely to be a very good return in the offseason. Letting Carlson walk for nothing next offseason seems like really poor asset management and while they could get an okay return for Carlson like the Blues got for Shattenkirk at the deadline, they could get a lot more in the offseason I would think.

Shattenkirk, Niskanen, Orlov, and Schmidt is a very good hypothetical top 4.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 9, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/850742801625120770

My vote is early, to maximize the amount of time the crowd just sits there stunned

I know it's not the GDT but... :getin:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I called it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I get that and if their mindset is "we know this is an overpay and we'll deal with the consequences later" then I guess it's not the worst move in the world. He's certainly not going to turn into garbage even if his shooting percentage returns to normal. I guess I'm just not sold on the Capitals not being able to compete when Ovechkin and Backstrom start really degrading. They have some nice young pieces across the board that should keep them competitive for a long time.

I'm also really low on Carlson and I'd hate to lose him for nothing when he is a UFA next year, but I want no part of re-signing Carlson at what is likely going to be at least Shattenkirk money. I'd much rather just give Shattenkirk that same contract, if he's not already set on the Rangers, and try to trade Carlson for what is likely to be a very good return in the offseason. Letting Carlson walk for nothing next offseason seems like really poor asset management and while they could get an okay return for Carlson like the Blues got for Shattenkirk at the deadline, they could get a lot more in the offseason I would think.

Shattenkirk, Niskanen, Orlov, and Schmidt is a very good hypothetical top 4.

Maybe we'll win the cup this year and then who cares how it all plays out!

:stonklol:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Dirty Burger posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

I will take it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Mind_Taker posted:

Sky blue, water wet, etc

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Let me be the first to say gently caress NHL officiating. The penguins player jumped into Andersen's head, who has to leave the game, and he gets a loving 2 for it?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yesssss, give in to the Dark Side.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Yesssss, give in to the Dark Side.

I'm completely unbiased about this too

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Friedman just talked about the possibility of Dallas Eakins as Florida coach

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Friedman just talked about the possibility of Dallas Eakins as Florida coach

Turn left Cats, noooooooo...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

"Playoff Hero" Bryan Bickell will retire after being diagnosed with MS earlier this season. Dudes only 31. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

"Playoff Hero" Bryan Bickell will retire after being diagnosed with MS earlier this season. Dudes only 31. :(

At least he got enough money to cover medical bills. Poor guy.

• Locked thread