Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I think the line "But I really do love you! And I want to spend more time with you. Especially if I can just be honest without having to make up reasons to do that." in the S Support is supposed to be said by Hana instead of Takumi?

And maybe Deeprealms are like bubble pocket dimensions that occasionally float back to the "main world", or something? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think if they had taken the idea of different dimensional planes and expanded upon it it would have made more sense. Like the Astral Plane is where MyCastle is at, the Deeprealms are these weird pocket dimensions. maybe after the decision is made, the opposite side launches a huge attack that leaves many people displaced and Corrin moves his people into the Deeprealms until they can take back their land or something.

its something that really needed more time to make sense

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Okay, I have to call this out: Kiragi shot at a Wyvern Rider with his bow. How is the Wyvern Rider still alive after taking super effective damage?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AradoBalanga posted:

Okay, I have to call this out: Kiragi shot at a Wyvern Rider with his bow. How is the Wyvern Rider still alive after taking super effective damage?

I mean to be fair, Kiragi is only level 20 and the enemies are almost level capped promoted.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Tae posted:

I mean to be fair, Kiragi is only level 20 and the enemies are almost level capped promoted.

With the right parent Kiragi can still easily kill the lot of them.

Probably not with a Hana mom though.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Given how everything's been so far (in terms of logic) I feel that the best use would be to have the bit of the Deeprealm that the castle is in suddenly experience a break and out pops the Avatar's kid. Very confused, injured, wondering a lot of things, and alternatively pointing towards both the closest and furthest possible parents with each text box.

It even lets you tie things into the evil plans of vagueness by having the possible threat of multiples of your enemies attacking from both sides.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Kay Kessler posted:

With the right parent Kiragi can still easily kill the lot of them.

Probably not with a Hana mom though.

Honestly, Kiragi with Hana as a mom is pretty good. She'll give him a boost to his strength and speed, and doesn't hurt his skill, and these are pretty much the only stats that really matter for an archer.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

Camel Pimp posted:

Honestly, Kiragi with Hana as a mom is pretty good. She'll give him a boost to his strength and speed, and doesn't hurt his skill, and these are pretty much the only stats that really matter for an archer.

Yeah, Kiragi doesn't need to be tanking hits anyway. Might as well make him even more likely to kill things.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

Plus, Kiragi can promote into Kinshi Knight and pick up the Air Superiority skill, granting him a +30 Hit/Avoid versus flying enemies. So all he needs to watch out for are the few enemy Kinshi Knights and their bows on the map, and he'll be alright.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Votes over. Mitama, Shura, Azama, and Silas are in.

(Sorry for no supports, juggling between 3 rpgs cause 2017)

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Carlosologist posted:

Elise is still the best character across all the games

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Elise is basically the best character in the entire game, or at least the best sibling.

Yes, Elise is best sibling, and awesome character.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Newcomer Shura gets a spot in, while Mitama, Silas, and Azama also join this very flighty mission. If you love big big damage, this is the update for you.

First order of business is to use a Rescue Staff to get Kiragi over to the group, because he's gonna get super murdered if left alone.The dark green patch of trees is uncrossable by any non-flier, even by Takumi.

Kiragi switches to Kinshi Knight to boost his stats and pick up Air Superiority, since he's already gotten Certain Blow from his dad.

There will also be lots and lots of level-ups.

Also goddamnit, Corrin.

The toughest enemies by a mile in this mission are the Malig Knights. High defense, high resistance, and the ones with tomes hit super hard. The other enemies barely tickle Takumi, and he's not exactly a tank.

I mean, any enemy that can straight up stone-wall Rinkah is a big threat.

drat, Takumi!

Mitama gets a healing level, and already hits 30 speed. Thanks, momma Setsuna

Finally some speed! Also holy cow, 43 health

Midori clears out the 2nd wave while Mozu stands guard to bait out the next batch on the right side.

Kiragi, you are my guinea pig for this class I never used before.

Meet the Ballistician.

PSKill: Optimistic-After choosing to Wait, Speed +4 and Luck +8 for one Turn

Terrible stats, only four movement, but its special ability is being a portable aoe arrow slinger. It's the most gimmicky of gimmick classes. But it's rad as HELL

YEAH WOO WIPE THEM OUT

Oh.

Well, that was a waste.

Mozu might be the first to get multiple 30's in her stats.

Takumi will never be more important than today.

Yes, he could beat the final boss and still be less important then than today.

Merchants are slow, which is their one big flaw for being big everywhere else.

Let's have Takumi talk to his son

Dad! I knew you'd show up!
Huh? Sorry that I got here, uh, late? You must have been scared to death.
Nope. I knew you'd save me.
What?
Yup! But anyway, you gotta check out this big bear that I bagged, Dad!
Ah, right. Big bear. Nice.
But, uh, how about we focus on getting out of this mess alive, Son?
Ready for anything, Dad!

I will probably switch Kiragi back into a real class, but running over enemies with a tank is too fun right now.

Takumi is now at 25 speed, amazing for a guy that was definitely lacking in it a couple missions ago.

Scarlet shoring up her skill quite well.

Oboro gaining an excellent level off of a bait. Also finally hitting that 20 speed bench.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or actual thanks

Oh no, don't start this now

drat these regression to the means

The 2nd to last enemy wave is upon the group.

30 magic and 27 speed, the best magical nuker if you factor in Horse Spirit.

Of course, consider that her "competition" are a bolt axe and a flame shuriken.

30 strength now, and the continual resistance gain is also great. Now she won't explode at a simple tome.

If that's your hardest, I'd hate to see you at your laziest

Yeah you are.

Screw your magical invisible poo poo, I got a TANK

I dunno how Takumi went from slightly understatted to well overstated but I'll take it.

The boss is technically very high tough, being the first capped level enemy with insane stats. Except she's on a map with like 7 archers including Takumi so....

Of course, the irony that Oboro gets the kill off a crit.

This is nothing! You should have seen me in my last battle, when I— Uh, hold on. Not the best dad talk. I mean to say, Son, that battle was dangerous. Even deadly.
Nice!
Huh?
So fun! So! Fun! It was SO fun, seeing you all be like, you know...

I want to be just like you, Dad!
Ugh... No, Son. You have to stay safe here in your Deeprealm.
Hey, but we had a blast, didn't we? Yeah, I'm coming with you for sure!
What?! No, you're not. I put you here to keep you OUT of the war.

Sister, that's not helping.
Wow! Two against one. Done deal, yeah, Dad? Yeah.
Two against—?
Oh, fine. I guess. How could I say no to a face like that?
Yay for my face! I swear I won't let you down, Dad. Oh, hey! Wait. The OTHER thing. The bear I shot.
Dad! Dad! It was amazing. DAD! I got it in one shot!
I bet it was, Son. And thanks to you, our camp will feast on bear stew!

Unit joined, Class Overview

Kiragi

Class sets: Starts as Archer, Samurai, Spear Fighter
PSkill: Optimistic-After choosing to Wait, Speed +4 and Luck +8 for one Turn

Growth Rates (as a Ballistician)
HP: 40
STR: 72.5
MAG: 5
SKL: 60
SPD: 52.5
LCK: 45
DEF: 35
RES: 27.5

With Hana as his mom, Kiragi has naturally high speed which makes up for Ballistician not giving any in that department. His PSkill is decent, as it makes every few attacks able to double even the fastest enemies.

Ballistician

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR, +2 LCK, +1 SKL/DEF/RES
Weapon rank: Bows (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Survey-When using the “Cannon” command, Hit rate +10
(lvl 10) Opportunity Shot-When user is a Ballistician, Skill% chance of attacking an enemy within range at the start of the users Turn
(lvl 25) Rifled Barrel-When using the “Cannon” command, range +1 and inner/outer range -1
(lvl 35) Surefooted-When user is a Ballistician, Movement +1 and all traversable terrain costs 1 movement point to cross

Ballistician is probably the worst class in the game. Bow-locked at only B rank, super low movement, and a gimmick skill that misses a lot and can't kill. This class is available as free DLC when you talk to Anna at the Dragon's Gate. Only males can become this class, while females get access to the Witch class which is so much better that it's hilarious.

But it has the best poses by a mile.

Tae fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 8, 2017

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ballistician is cool as poo poo, but the part that damns it in my eyes is that it doesn't get experience for using the ballista command (or for the bonus damage from opportunity shot). If you want your ballista to be a ballista, he's naturally going to fall behind in levels.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Kiragi - He is Takumi's son, and thus you should probably use him as a (likely inferior, if only due to his lack of a ridiculously powerful bow) copy of his father; his baseline growths (before maternal inheritance) are highly similar to Takumi's, if a bit more focused on doing damage than actually hitting. I find his personal to be pretty worthless, though, especially on a bow unit- I mean, it's specifically for baiting enemies, which bow-wielders are notoriously bad for due to their inability to attack in melee (certain exceptions may apply, hence why I like the Sidelong Yumi so much). As a character... well, he's pretty annoying, I'd say.

Oh, and I'd like to recommend switching him to Sniper for Bowfaire at the first opportunity; I mean, as I said before, if he's gonna use bows anyway then you might as well make him REALLY GOOD with them, right?

Also, a bit of info on one set of DLC missions Tae doesn't have: One map gives an item that teaches the unit it's used on a skill called Point Blank, which removes bows' minimum range. Yes, that Range 3 bow is now a range 1-3 bow as long as you're using it. This, in turn, makes Bows incredibly overpowered. Unfortunately, I can't give any further details on that DLC due to a combination of not having it and the spoiler policy.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Ah, so it was a good idea that I took the witch every time. Good to know.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I like Kiragi a lot. That positive attitude is infectious! War is heck!

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Kiragi, unlike many of the kids, seems to have a positive relationship with his dad and hasn't developed any serious mental health issues from being locked away in the deeprealms. He seems like a cool guy.

I picked up the Ballistician from the free dlc and promptly forgot it was a thing. The two from Chrom saw use, but it took at least 12-14 chapters for me to realize how good bow users in general are, and not just Mozu shifted over to the Archer class.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Kiragi, unlike many of the kids, seems to have a positive relationship with his dad and hasn't developed any serious mental health issues from being locked away in the deeprealms. He seems like a cool guy.
This is why Kiragi leans to being one of the better kids in the game. His supports are relatively fun (except with his father, but mostly due to Takumi being Takumi) and he's having a blast sniping stuff. I have to give credit to his voice actor for managing to bring that bubbly personality across and not making it too annoying. Someone with Kiragi's personality is very easy to overdo and screw up, so it's nice to see that at least the voice direction and ADR staff for Fates were not asleep at the wheel here for a change.

Also, fun fact: there's a bug involving Shigure and the mess hall when he gets good or great food where Kiragi's goofy giggle voice clip plays instead of a Shigure voice clip. Admittedly, a quality assurance sweep would probably have caught that bug, but I would be amazed if such a sweep was even run on this game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yukimura's on the team now, because I forgot to record when he suddenly showed up. If you upgrade a puppet guard to level 3, he joins the party.

Why is he here? "Blah blah, my puppets are guarding Hoshido, what's up FOOLS"

You spoil things completely, and then you keep things a secret when the title is clearly telling us who it is. Staying inconsistent to the very end.

Will Frieza be defeated? Find out next time in, "Frieza Defeated!!!"

Yeah, there's some spooky stuff down here for sure!
Heh. Thank you for the warning. But I think we'll be all right.
Yes, thank you so much for accompanying us here, Elise.
We'll be alright from here. I'd recommend that you stay with Cassita for a while...
What? Why?
Because...we're heading to the castle. That means that we'll be facing off against King Garon, and likely Xander too. Things could get ugly, and there's no need for you to be there.

The jig is up!

I...I'm afraid I must do whatever it takes to end this war. Ultimately, I have to do what's right for the people of Hoshido and Nohr.
If that means killing King Garon, or even Xander... Well...

To be fair, no one in Nohr seems happy anyway considering we are currently underground because it's literally better than staying above.

I see... That settles it. I'm coming with you!
Huh?! No, Elise! It's too dangerous! And I can't let you fight your family! That's a burden I alone must bear.
Oh, don't be silly. I'm not gonna fight with anyone, and neither are you! I'm not siding with or against you, Brother. I want to help bring both sides together! I want the war to end just as much as you do. So! I'm coming with you to let Xander and Father and everyone else know how I feel.

Maybe we CAN end the war without any more fighting! Don't we at least have to try to end this without hurting each other more?
Elise... All right. I suppose you won't be in any danger from either side.
Just promise me that you won't do anything reckless.
Yep, yep! I promise!
All right, then. Let's get moving!

*The group ventures further into the tunnels*

Although...I see a fork in the road ahead. Which way do we go, Elise?
The path on the right leads to an area near my quarters.
Camilla said that the other path leads more or less to the throne room.
Right. Left path it is.
But...she also said the left path is like a maze. She warned me to NEVER take that path, you guys!
Don't worry, Elise. You wouldn't believe what we've had to overcome to get here. I'm confident that we can get through anything together.

"Let me tell you about a tall tower that led back to the ground!"

If you say so...
What's the matter?

You're so...commanding. I guess I just have to get used to you being all grown up...
It's true...I've done a lot of growing since I left Nohr. But don't worry, Elise. I'm still the same old Corrin.
And I'll always do everything I can to protect you, Little Sister.
Aww, thank you. I'm so glad you came back! I love you so much!
Haha! Whoa! Easy with the monster hugs. I almost fell over!
Heehee!

Look, with Xander and Leo gone there's no one stopping Elise from all the candy

*Meanwhile at a distance*

*Corrin's group goes further into the tunnels*

Yeah, are you seeing all of these traps? Most of 'em have been sprung, but I bet there are even more that haven't.
And the ones that did spring look like they were pretty effective. I'm seeing more corpses than I'd like...
C-corpses? Eek! I thought those were just decorations to make it spooky! I'm scared, Corrin.

Sakura, what...do you think Nohr is dark because they think it's always Halloween

It's OK, Sakura. If you want to close your eyes, I can lead you through this part.
Oh...th-thank you so much...

Elise has been here for two minutes and she's already super jealous

Heh. I can help lead you, too. Just come over to this side.
Yay! Heehee!
Uh-oh...do you hear that? There's someone behind us!
Elise...have you ever seen any Faceless down here?

*Someone approaches from the bridge*

Camilla! What are you doing down here?
Like I said, I was looking for you.
Are you hurt, darling? Who are all these people? Are you being kidnapped right now?!
What? No! These are—

Well, I'm so glad we could meet down here. How DARE you bother my baby sister.
I shall now make you all dearly regret ever stepping foot in here!
Hold on, Camilla. It's me, Corrin! We're not kidnapping Elise!
Corrin! How can this be? You're back in Nohr!
It's...a long story.

"The funny thing is, teleporting actually did the least amount of traveling"

Well, have you come to your senses? Are you returning to Nohr for good?
Oh...um... Sorry, but no. I want Hoshido and Nohr to be at peace, and that can't happen while Garon lives.
Hmm. I see.
So you want to come back, but these awful people are still confusing your little head. Don't worry, darling. Big Sister is here to take care of these monsters for you!
Camilla, no! You don't understand!
Please listen, Sister!

You can kill Hinata, I ain't doing anything with him right now

The Nohrians are pretty good at making a sewer system if they can fit goddamn Wyverns and horse riders on multiple sections

Bench 3: http://www.strawpoll.me/12704418

Also, give a suggestion if you want Kiragi to change back into an actual class or keep him but give him the Boots?

Unit joined

Yukimura

Class sets: Starts as Apothecary, Samurai, Monk
PSkill: Perspicacious-Hit rate +5 for all allies

Growth Rates
HP: 35
STR: 35
MAG: 5
SKL: 55
SPD: 25
LCK: 35
DEF: 30
RES: 45

What the hell are those growths. No seriously, what?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I say make Kiragi into a Kinshi Knight. That's usually how I've run him and he's been wonderful there. Plus, he's got a decent lance rank thanks to the Offspring Seal, so you don't have to worry about bows being spread too thin.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Why does Camilla automatically assume killing the Hoshidans will make Corrin come back? Can't she just show him a pie chart or something?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yukimura - Another standard prepromote, with high base stats and nonexistent growths. Problem is, by this point the guys you started with are probably better than him. His personal seems marginally usable, at least, and he's got Shuriken so he can debuff enemies for your real fighters, but that's probably the most you'll be doing with him. As a character... wait, he's a character?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Give him the boots and let tank lad join his father in ignoring terrain costs.

Plus the tank looks rad and that's what counts here

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Always pick the tank.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you you don't use yukimura for his stats, you use yukimura because he's voiced by the colonel from metal gear solid

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CptWedgie posted:

Yukimura - Another standard prepromote, with high base stats and nonexistent growths. Problem is, by this point the guys you started with are probably better than him. His personal seems marginally usable, at least, and he's got Shuriken so he can debuff enemies for your real fighters, but that's probably the most you'll be doing with him. As a character... wait, he's a character?
He's semi-important to Azura's backstory because guess who came up with the plan kidnap her? Yukimura. Which is only mentioned like...once I think.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Looks like someone wound Camillia back to before the last fight. Who keeps doing that!? It's not like Nohr even has Daylight Savings time!

FoolyCharged posted:

Give him the boots and let tank lad join his father in ignoring terrain costs.

Plus the tank looks rad and that's what counts here
This. It adds a whole new layer to his enthusiasm that's just swell. 'Hey dad, check out this bear I bagged!' 'Oh yes that is a fine bear but it's rather beat up. Show me the bow you used to hun- HOLY GOD!'

'War! Huah! What is it good for? BLOWING THINGS UP! Yeah!'

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 9, 2017

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

LEGO Genetics posted:

Why does Camilla automatically assume killing the Hoshidans will make Corrin come back? Can't she just show him a pie chart or something?

It's because she's insane. The really sad part is that she might not even be the 5th worst off in that respect.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Camilla has some serious issues that her supports go more into on the Conquest route. Nohr is kind of a home for broken people.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

B-A Support

I came to apologize. I was letting my frustration get to me.

I'm glad my stories can be a source of joy for someone.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if I was any good at art, I'd make a picture of Kiragi and Takumi riding the tank, with Kiragi happy as poo poo but with Takumi trying his hardest to not enjoy it. father-son bonding at its finest

I say keep the Tank Lad

tallboarLittlehand
Sep 7, 2011
Tank Commander Kiragi reports for service. You should give him the General shell accessory so a tank comes out of a tank.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

you you don't use yukimura for his stats, you use yukimura because he's voiced by the colonel from metal gear solid

And now, the most obvious joke I could make

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's not like Nohr even has Daylight Savings time!

Nohr's daylight situation is so bad they envy this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5q77MQzU2Q

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Tank lad is best lad. Run this gimmick into the ground and don't separate the young kid from his enthusiasm with tanks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

B-A Support

Some say I become battle crazed, and I can't say they are wrong.

Do you remember the night of the storm?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voting will end soon

B-A Support

That's why I worked so hard to become your retainer.

You again? Need another dose of brain damage?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, Tank Lad's got a pretty good gimmick going. Does he ever get attacked inside the tank or is he always conveniently hanging out outside?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

Yeah, Tank Lad's got a pretty good gimmick going. Does he ever get attacked inside the tank or is he always conveniently hanging out outside?

He's piloting it during enemy attacks, and the tank veers away as its dodge animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vote's over: Yukimura by a mile, with Felicia and Kaze squeaking by.

B-A Support

You used to be such a royal shrimp.

Science is such a mystery.

• Locked thread