Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice
So I've "won" my first Utopia ironman game. Turning my empire into robots was really satisfying and the rest of the galaxy started hating me for "abandoning my soul".

Some observations:

- Habitats are amazing for producing energy
- Warscore changes makes it less tedious to conquer/liberate
- Missiles still suck late game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Oh god oh god oh god oh god

I went into the Shroud and some entity yelled "LEAVE." at me in big red letters. So I had my psychics try to penetrate the shield of energy or whatever and they failed. It pissed off this being and it screamed something about how I was warned not to invade its home and that it would now invade mine. I now have a Corrupted Psionic Avatar in my space, fleet power nearly 60k. Fuuuuuuuuck.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

http://imgur.com/a/Oz9Yv

Good thing I noticed I actually checked before I got too far in

Xenophile with Slave Optimization

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Here is another oversight on UI stuff. If you've got a caste system you can't set the living condition levels for when that population is slaves. Or something weird. If I take the "start with 2 races" thing I can get the slave's happiness up, but with just 1 race the slave mode has its own level that I can't change.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Hell yes, cheers.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
SPECIES SUBMISSION

A new goon mod, a new try, I guess.

Rysom

The Rysom-hive got inspired by some piece of German SF where an ancient civilization with a rose/flower-thing going on is fighting super-evil dudes. Their thing in turn was being literally janus-faced monsters.

In Stellaris this got transformed into a network of intelligent flowers covering an entire planet. Will this hive mind soon spread to other worlds? You will decide! (Also without having a good, animated janus-face portrait modelling their enemies is kind of pointless, so the great Roseum has no natural enemies.)

This entry shouldn't need anything extra. Sure, the portrait and ship set are from the Plantoid-pack, but I got plant portrait empires from mods before I had the pack myself, so there shouldn't be a problem if someone doesn't have the DLC.

source posted:

"Roseum"
={
key="Roseum"
name_list="HIVE"
ship_prefix="ISS"
species_name="Rysom"
species_plural="Rysom"
species_class="PLANT"
species_adjective="Rysom"
species_bio="Rysom is a wonder. A planetary network of flowers, somehow aware of itself. After thousands of years of being alone, one day the Rysom felt something. Something different. Since then, the Rysom has started to grasp the stars, to find this something. Will the day it finds this mysterious thing be another day of wonder, or the end of all wonders?"
portrait="pla1"
name="Roseum"
adjective="Rosean"
authority="auth_hive_mind"
government="gov_hive_mind"
ftl=hyperdrive
weapon="tech_lasers_1"
planet_name="Ist"
planet_class="pc_tropical"
system_name="Liebe"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="plantoid_01"
city_graphical_culture="plantoid_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="ornate"
file="flag_ornate_5.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="new_dawn.dds"
}
colors={
"dark_green"
"red"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="Consciousness"
portrait="pla1"
texture=1
hair=0
clothes=0
ruler_title_female="Bloodrose"
}
spawn_as_fallen=no
ignore_portrait_duplication=no
room="ethic_hive_room"
spawn_enabled=yes
ethic="ethic_hive_mind"
civics={
"civic_hive_pooled_knowledge"
"civic_hive_natural_neural_network"
}
trait="trait_natural_physicists"
trait="trait_slow_learners"
trait="trait_sedentary"
trait="trait_enduring"
trait="trait_agrarian"
}

Zorvhox

Evil-looking centipedes. They're kind of a challenge to play as, since they're large, slow-developing monsters who can't even stand their own fellow monsters. Aside from being aggressive, flesh-eating carnivores, they're also actually kind of nice. Well, as nice as centipedes can be. (At this point everyone who knows centipedes will laugh darkly while nodding sagely.)

Being super-monsters from a planet where everything is made from some sort of organic steel means they can live practically everywhere, though. A crafty player could leverage their adaptability to their advantage.

Axiom is a reference to some old SF game, by the way. If you know the real Axiom, just imagine the Zorvhox-homeworld as a similarly polluted industrial hell hole.

Warning: This entry needs my Weird Arthro mod to work, for both the portrait and the custom name list. Link

source posted:

"Solitary Union"
={
key="Solitary Union"
name_list="Arth1"
ship_prefix="SUS"
species_name="Zorvhox"
species_plural="Zorvhox"
species_class="ART"
species_adjective="Vhoxic"
species_bio="The Zorvhox are huge arthropoids resembling centipedes. Like nearly all higher lifeforms on their homeworld Axiom, they have developed an insanely strong and dense exoskeleton, including trace metals to further reinforce it. As obligate carnivors, the Zorvhox had to develop an answer to this: Their head-claws gain their reddish teint from iron oxides bound into the organic material, giving them claws capable of even rending steel. Otherwise, the Zorvhox are remarkably peaceful and amicable. For giant centipedes."
portrait="centi"
name="Solitary Union"
adjective="Solitary"
authority="auth_oligarchic"
government="gov_executive_committee"
ftl=hyperdrive
weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
planet_name="Axiom"
planet_class="pc_desert"
system_name="Xox"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="arthropoid_01"
city_graphical_culture="arthropoid_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="pointy"
file="flag_pointy_8.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="vertical.dds"
}
colors={
"dark_teal"
"black"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="Vir Terramore"
portrait="centi_default_female_1"
texture=0
hair=0
clothes=0
ruler_title_female="Solitary Ruler"
}
spawn_as_fallen=no
room=""
spawn_enabled=yes
ethic="ethic_egalitarian"
ethic="ethic_xenophobe"
ethic="ethic_materialist"
civics={
"civic_aristocratic_elite"
"civic_meritocracy"
}
trait="trait_slow_breeders"
trait="trait_solitary"
trait="trait_resilient"
trait="trait_strong"
trait="trait_adaptive"
}

Doncorcs

An old favourite of mine: The Doncorcs. Dinosaur-like reptilian lifeforms from a planet where mammals never developed. While they have the same problems as the Zorvhox (slow and complex lifecycle, strong territorial instincts), they're also oddly charming. They're natural Libertarians, but as they are solitary alien beings, not humans, they somehow make it work. They are true Captains of Industry and if you disagree, you may find yourself selling your organs to them. Out of your own free will. Maybe.

These guys developed from the thought "What if Capitalism is the best working ideology, but only for alien dinosaurs?" And then there were alien dinosaur used car sales men.

This is a standard empire using only standard portraits and name lists.

source posted:

"Ubersoft Incorporated"
={
key="Ubersoft Incorporated"
name_list="REP1"
ship_prefix="MBS"
species_name="Doncorc"
species_plural="Doncorcs"
species_class="REP"
species_adjective="Doncorcian"
species_bio="On Pollak, mammals never developed. After reptilian life showed up, evolution just started creating more and more reptiles, but not much else. The Pollakian Doncorcs are the prime example of this planet's strangeness: Hot-blooded bipedal reptiles, adapted to life on a cold, frozen lump of ice. For this species, life was always about making the most with the least. Where others saw an ocean of stars above them, the Doncorcs saw an ocean of money: The opportunity to turn a profit on every rock in space. Not many beings can combine utter selfishness and an imaginative mind into a working society like the Doncorcs did. They are true Captains of Industry."
portrait="rep13"
name="Ubersoft Incorporated"
adjective="Awesome"
authority="auth_democratic"
government="gov_direct_democracy"
ftl=hyperdrive
weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
planet_name="Pollak"
planet_class="pc_tundra"
system_name="Bollokom"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="reptilian_01"
city_graphical_culture="reptilian_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="pirate"
file="flag_pirate_2.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="sinus.dds"
}
colors={
"blue"
"black"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="Hashimech"
portrait="rep13"
texture=2
hair=0
clothes=3
ruler_title_female="Master CEO"
}
spawn_as_fallen=no
room=""
spawn_enabled=no
ethic="ethic_fanatic_egalitarian"
ethic="ethic_materialist"
civics={
"civic_meritocracy"
"civic_cutthroat_politics"
}
trait="trait_strong"
trait="trait_charismatic"
trait="trait_solitary"
trait="trait_thrifty"
trait="trait_slow_breeders"
}

at the date posted:

Is there any way to change the appearance of a specific species's robots through a mod or maybe editing a save file? These portraits are fantastic, but as far as I can tell I will still be stuck with the default robot portrait for any new ones I build.

Yes, here is an example of how it works.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 8, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The egalitarian/authoritarian split is really loving with me.

I don't really understand why being dicks to the people in my empire is necessary to retain support for authoritarian ethics. Like, can I not be an absolute benevolent ruler? I shouldn't get less unrest because I lowered everybody's living standards, leading to... fewer people wanting equality... which makes my government more popular...

The only way I can understand this is that my species are all massive powerbottoms and if I don't oppress them enough they get antsy and consider packing this whole BDSM government thing in.

I find myself missing Alphamod's implementation of individualist/collectivist where you could build all the capitalist buildings if you deregulated your private sector and raked in the cash, while you got all the cool social control buildings if you went collectivist and better food/mineral output, but higher upfront costs on your development. Individualist empires also had unique xenophobia options by decentralizing their police force and turning everywhere into the wild west making planets have militias but lacking central unifying oversight to make people get along, while collectivists could go the dystopian police state route where they got xenophobia from the state mistrust of outsiders. Plus it was a lot of fun from an RP perspective.

I like the new features but the ethics change seems like it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense because the two aren't actually opposing, and lumping in centralized government with social stratification creates problems when you try to build a centralized but egalitarian empire (space communists), or presumably a decentralized, non-egalitarian empire (turbocapitalist)

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 8, 2017

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bigmandan posted:

So I've "won" my first Utopia ironman game. Turning my empire into robots was really satisfying and the rest of the galaxy started hating me for "abandoning my soul".

Some observations:

- Habitats are amazing for producing energy
- Warscore changes makes it less tedious to conquer/liberate
- Missiles still suck late game

can you send me a save from before you won?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Did Utopia change something with Sectors, or is that still basically kinda garbage?

Also, I can now set the rights of other alien races and poo poo?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
No and yes respectively

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice

Soup du Journey posted:

can you send me a save from before you won?

Is there a to do that with ironman saves? It only uses on save file right?

edit:

here is the save file anyways: ironman.sav

bigmandan fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 9, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hello i would liek to say its very dumb that purging a planet in a system with a frontier outpost destroying the outpost is very stupid.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

BenRGamer posted:

Totally was for autocratic governments, rulers could build one super item, different per different type of autocratic government. I'm shocked none of them were moved to civics.

I don't think they're in anymore, I saw a mod for it, though.

I think they are. I was able to build 'one elite army per ruler' in my current game. No idea what ethic/civic triggered it though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Argh. If you take the syncretic evolution, it looks like only your primary species will migrate away (at least when both are present), even if your primary species is nonadaptive to make other places less attractive. My primary species has now completely evacuated the homeworld. :|

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How come I can't build more mining stations in a system? I've built 1 out of the 4 possible, but it just won't let me build the other 3. I have the minerals stockpiled to be able to build more. I never encountered this when I played a year ago.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Strudel Man posted:

Argh. If you take the syncretic evolution, it looks like only your primary species will migrate away (at least when both are present), even if your primary species is nonadaptive to make other places less attractive. My primary species has now completely evacuated the homeworld. :|

The secondary species is generally set to lower conditions so maybe migrations was set to off for them?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Aethernet posted:

Some of the Ascenscion Perks are a bit weak. Went for Consecrated Worlds as I'm playing a Spiritualist, assuming I'd be able to make permanent holy worlds for a buff. You spend 250 influence for a small buff to happiness and growth that lasts 100 years on one planet. Given games regularly last 300 years, why not make it permanent?

I would really love for that perk to make the world a proper holy world with a similiar looking modifier to the one the spiritualist FE's use and everything. Would also be cool if it was more significant and maybe tied to a quest chain or some more involved process. Basically, would rather be able to create one or two really cool worlds then just have a minor buff to use on however many I had influence for.

And yeah on the primary species migration. I don't know what it is but while playing a Xenophile pacifist max unity/happiness build I noticed that a lot of the time my species would constantly flat out abandon planets so I ended up with like half my worlds only having alien races on them. I noticed on some of the worlds they migrated to they ended up with like 20 happiness compared to the 70-100 they were getting on the worlds they were leaving from for most of my factions.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 9, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Oh drat one of my admirals just got the Chosen One trait from the Shroud. 30% to evasion, 15% to fire rate, and immortality.

Also, the Unbidden showed up and there was an option to ask them if they were from the Shroud. They said they know of it, and come from a place very close to it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Rumda posted:

The secondary species is generally set to lower conditions so maybe migrations was set to off for them?
Nah, I checked that out first thing. No migration controls.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Staltran posted:

It's two clicks, hotkey and then v to select shipyard. If you've already got the shipyard tab open, selecting the next one is only one click.

Cheers, this might be a literal game changer!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Strudel Man posted:

Nah, I checked that out first thing. No migration controls.

Is the main migration policy set properly? I'm sure i saw my secondary migrate in my first attempt at a syncretic play through...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Rumda posted:

Is the main migration policy set properly? I'm sure i saw my secondary migrate in my first attempt at a syncretic play through...

Sure. Secondaries started migrating out, but only after all the primaries were gone.

It's not like it's very fine-grained. Just a toggle, migration, yes or no.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
SPECIES SUBMISSION

Rather than a species, per se, I've got something slightly different. If it doesn't fit with the pack feel free to leave it out. According to the blurb of the Commonwealth of Man, humanity sent out six ark ships, of which the ark that formed the commonwealth was only one. What if the others survived?

Exologistics Incorporated

quote:

Exologistics Incorporated--a wholly-owned subsidiary of LIS Holding Group--was a primary contractor in the Private Finance Intitiative which helped to manage and supply the UN-sponsored Ulysses project. Insititutional corruption on Earth led to some odd clauses in the contract, which transferred to Exologistics Inc complete authority in the staffing of the project's first Ark. Christened the "UNS Flagship, sponsored by Exologistics Inc.", it was perhaps the only ark which achieved total mission success, landing safely on its target world without incident. Though Earth believed the ship lost along with the other arks, the board of Exologistics had in fact consciously chosen to cut all communication with the UN, to ensure that the corporation could maintain sovereign control over the new world. Now firmly established, Exologistics Inc is open for business once more, willing to sell anything to anyone, and more than willing to drive all competition, be it economic or political, out of business for good.

https://pastebin.com/U6vgxeTk

Republic of Eden

quote:

When the Ulysses Initiative ark ship Fidelity completed their exit jump from the edge of Earth's solar system only to arrive inside the atmosphere of the world which they would come to call New Eden, all aboard agreed it was nothing short of a miracle that the crash landing produced no fatalities. But the world onto which the colonists of New Eden emerged was eerie in the extreme. Although uninhabited as the readings from Earth had predicted, New Eden contained entire cities, completely deserted but in pristine condition, as if the inhabitants had just moved out minutes before. Stranger still, the colonists could not shake the feeling that there was a presence on this world that their sensors could not detect. These factors combined into a spiritual awakening for the colonists of New Eden, who now gave daily thanks to their benefactor for saving their lives on the Fidelity.

https://pastebin.com/F5VQ9WMe

Unified Syndicates

quote:

For the crew of the Ulysses Initiative ark ship Egalite, it all seemed to be going to plan. In orbit above their target world, preparations were being made for landing and soon the new colony would be established. Then it all went wrong. A stray piece of space debris struck the ship directly on the bridge, ripping a hole in the ship which completely depressurised the bridge and killed the entire senior staff. The remaining crew successfully landed the ship, but the loss of the senior staff meant the colony was initially leaderless. Lacking a singular direction the crew's section chiefs were the only point of stability and soon every colonist was assigned to a section to co-ordinate the colony. Over time, these Sections became the Syndicates, the basic units of work and society which give the Unified Syndicates its name.

https://pastebin.com/7svYdLw5

New Vespuccian Empire

quote:

Hopes were high for humanity when the Ulysses Initiative launched its ark ships. Sadly those hopes were dashed as one by one strange fates befell the crew and passengers of these ships. But particularly strange was the fate of the Vespucci. A malfunction in the wormhole drive caused a quantum cascade that trapped the Vespucci in subspace for centuries. The exact events that took place on the Vespucci during this time are unfortunately lost, but it seems the inhabitants reverted to a quasi-feudal lifestyle, with the office of Captain-Emperor and all other pfficer titles becoming hereditary. Stranger still, when the quantum flux dissapated, the Vespucci emerged at its target destination at the very same moment it had vanished in the first place. But for the original colonists' descendants, Earth was a distant legend, and the rule of the Captain-Emperor the only life they'd known.

https://pastebin.com/T2E076g3

Sarah

quote:

Sadly for the crew of the Ulysses Initiative ark ship Starfarer, their target world was already inhabited, and none too friendly. Captured by the native Yldari, the humans were forced into degrading conditions in their new lives as slaves. The Yldari had crude knowledge of psionics, which they used to control a sub-sapient species native to their world. Seeing the humans as suitable additions to their workforce, they applied the same technique to their new human slaves. This backfired spectacularly when a young human with latent psionic abilities was subjected to the procedure. Rather than her conciousness being suppressed, instead it blossomed out and spread through the psionic link into the minds of all humans on Yldar. Catching them completely unprepared, Sarah destroyed the Yldar civilization with relative ease, secured the planet for herself, and then looked upward, towards home.

https://pastebin.com/saZFpZW0

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I don't want to subscribe to a mod just to maybe figure out from the script file how to do the thing I asked about.

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech
Just going to drop this off here, since I updated it:

Stellar Expansion: Complete

Frankly, at this point, I would advise NOT using the Terraformation or Genetic modules. Also, the base mod currently doesn't have any of the Ethos-based buildings, since the formerly Ethos-based buildings in the base game well...aren't anymore. So I get to figure out how to balance that and maybe bring them back.

I plan on messing around w/ Traditions and Ascension Perks, but this was just a quick "hey it's on 1.5 now" style port with minor rebalancing where appropriate.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
star charts trading is still hosed

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Goddamn it's bullshit that you can't upgrade traits with gene-modding and have to be able to remove the lesser one first, which requires both Ascension perks. "Oh you picked Adaptive at start? Well gently caress you, say goodbye to Very Adaptive for the next 100 years or whatever!"

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Goddamn it's bullshit that you can't upgrade traits with gene-modding and have to be able to remove the lesser one first, which requires both Ascension perks. "Oh you picked Adaptive at start? Well gently caress you, say goodbye to Very Adaptive for the next 100 years or whatever!"

I thought this was specifically mentioned as a thing you could do? Did that really not make it in?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honky Dong Country posted:

Oh drat one of my admirals just got the Chosen One trait from the Shroud. 30% to evasion, 15% to fire rate, and immortality.

Jesus, +30% evasion would give corvettes close to 100% evasion, and from playing with mods, corvettes get way better the closer they get to 100% evasion, even 75% makes them punch well above their weight, because the extra few percent is a massive proportional change to their chance to get hit by large weapons with poor tracking.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reveilled posted:

I thought this was specifically mentioned as a thing you could do? Did that really not make it in?

It is in, but you gotta:
1) pick both biological ascension perks
2) Then get a research a rare technology that lets you remove and add negative traits.

Then again, I was finally able to add the hive mind trait to other species but my original hive-mind is treating it as undesirable. And yes I did change their citizenship rights but they are still being eaten. How can I be an all consuming hive-mind if I cant assimilate everyone???

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
I wish my idiot scientists wouldn't see a newly declared war as opening up fresh new vistas of systems to auto-survey...

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah the chosen one buff is really good. One of my governors got it and they got -30 Unrest, +5% energy, +5% minerals and +30% build speed.

Really curious what happens if your empire leader gets it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Armageddon bombardment is really disappointing. :(

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Going to do a Spiritualist run next - I want my Captain Sisko/Chosen one

ElMaligno posted:

Then again, I was finally able to add the hive mind trait to other species but my original hive-mind is treating it as undesirable. And yes I did change their citizenship rights but they are still being eaten. How can I be an all consuming hive-mind if I cant assimilate everyone???

I think thats a bug, which seems to have been one of the things fixed in the upcoming 1.5.1 hotfix patch:

quote:

* Hive Mind will now stop processing pops of other species when they're gene-modded to gain the Hive Mind trait

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-patch-1-5-1-banks-released-not-for-problem-reports.1010281/

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tigey posted:

Going to do a Spiritualist run next - I want my Captain Sisko/Chosen one

I think thats a bug, which seems to have been one of the things fixed in the upcoming 1.5.1 hotfix patch:

well gently caress

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

OwlFancier posted:

The egalitarian/authoritarian split is really loving with me.

I don't really understand why being dicks to the people in my empire is necessary to retain support for authoritarian ethics. Like, can I not be an absolute benevolent ruler? I shouldn't get less unrest because I lowered everybody's living standards, leading to... fewer people wanting equality... which makes my government more popular...

*notes current political reality*

Everything about this seems to be in order.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Reveilled posted:

SPECIES SUBMISSION

Rather than a species, per se, I've got something slightly different. If it doesn't fit with the pack feel free to leave it out. According to the blurb of the Commonwealth of Man, humanity sent out six ark ships, of which the ark that formed the commonwealth was only one. What if the others survived?

This is cool as gently caress. Any plans to give them their own little starting quests like the CoM gets? Could make for a neat mod in its own right.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Jesus, +30% evasion would give corvettes close to 100% evasion, and from playing with mods, corvettes get way better the closer they get to 100% evasion, even 75% makes them punch well above their weight, because the extra few percent is a massive proportional change to their chance to get hit by large weapons with poor tracking.

Yep, vettes in that admiral's fleet had 90% evasion. It was pretty impressive...until the Unbidden came and pushed everybody's poo poo in.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

KingLemming posted:

Just going to drop this off here, since I updated it:

Stellar Expansion: Complete

Frankly, at this point, I would advise NOT using the Terraformation or Genetic modules. Also, the base mod currently doesn't have any of the Ethos-based buildings, since the formerly Ethos-based buildings in the base game well...aren't anymore. So I get to figure out how to balance that and maybe bring them back.

I plan on messing around w/ Traditions and Ascension Perks, but this was just a quick "hey it's on 1.5 now" style port with minor rebalancing where appropriate.

Yo, is the Voidcraft mod still totally incompatible? I ask because I had made a new spaceships mod for my personal use based on yours and it crashes on game load, which is the same thing that happened when I tried to use SE:Voidcraft for comparison. It's been annoying the hell out of me because I can't figure out what on Earth could have changed in Banks that would cause this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

at the date posted:

I don't want to subscribe to a mod just to maybe figure out from the script file how to do the thing I asked about.

Well, there's a file called "00_something_main" in the Stellaris portrait-folder. It includes a part setting robot-portrait files. You literally just have to make a portrait-mod, copy and rename that file, and put then put the names of your new portraits into the file, like you would do with a normal portrait-mod.

There's not much to figure out here. You don't even have to write your own mod, just copy mine and replace the pictures.

• Locked thread