Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I want to see Romo come in and put up a small sample size special, and have a 28.8 PER and a .211 WS/48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

I want to see Romo come in and put up a small sample size special, and have a 28.8 PER and a .211 WS/48

Until he sees someone in the crowd with a Brian Dawkins jersey and his knee spontaneously collapses.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Until he sees someone in the crowd with a Brian Dawkins jersey and his knee spontaneously collapses.
I think you're mistaking Romo's knees for his back.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Crazy Ted posted:

I think you're mistaking Romo's knees for his back.

If you play for the Cowboys, then, by definition, you have no spine.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Romo hits a fadeaway and shatters his clavicle

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Romo hits a fadeaway and shatters his clavicle

if they put him in and he scores even one bucket while 9 other dudes stand and watch, he's the best football player of all time

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Romo shattering the backboard in garbage time is the dream.

He isn't going to get minutes but imagine being a fringe NBA prospect if he did.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
so wait is he actually playing, i thought it was just PR thing

if so i want to file a complaint over jj watt not being able to check in earlier this year

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Trevor Ariza is in my store buying some undershirts, what should I ask him

He's really thin irl

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
someone draft snoop

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ammanas posted:

Trevor Ariza is in my store buying some undershirts, what should I ask him

He's really thin irl

Ask him how many 3s will Houston hit a game in the playoffs.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

if they put him in and he scores even one bucket while 9 other dudes stand and watch, he's the best football player of all time

He's pretty good. He and Caron Butler were in the same All County team in high school.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls back in tank mode by activating dwyane wade

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Did the subjective test of which Spur danced the most to DRAM's "broccoli" during pre-game warmups and Joel Anthony definitely smokes weed

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Ben Simmons, who has yet to play a game recovering from a Jones fracture in his right foot, has grown two inches to just under 7’0, according to ex-Sixers player World B. Free and WIP FM reporter Jon Johnson. The 20-year-old Simmons was listed at 6’10 when the Sixers drafted him No. 1 overall in the 2016 NBA Draft.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/850823960824565760

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

straight up brolic posted:

Did the subjective test of which Spur danced the most to DRAM's "broccoli" during pre-game warmups and Joel Anthony definitely smokes weed

Lmfao

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I trusted you, World. B. Free. :mad:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Malcolm Brogdon is a cool dude

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/850557661569470465

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

He just knew he wasn't a worthwhile cause :mrapig:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol.

Only 2?
LeBron, Leonard, and Harden all qualify.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I bet a lot that lebron isn't even in the conversation for a lot of people because the cavs almost lost the 1 seed.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MVP has been who's second best behind LeBron for awhile now

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

I bet a lot that lebron isn't even in the conversation for a lot of people because the cavs almost lost the 1 seed.

Why does the MVP always come down to semantic argument between "best production by a player, best production by a player on a good team, best player overall"
Just split it into three awards and if someone is truly greate set up an electro magnet in his shoes so the trophies spin around him like Mario kart shells

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in the dark unemotional basketball future of 2020, the only award will be "most win shares." the trophy will be modeled after a player shooting a corner 3.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I would be ok with seeing the corner 3 going away to see how the game would change.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kibner posted:

I would be ok with seeing the corner 3 going away to see how the game would change.

everyone will start shooting from Steph distance with gradual, but increasing efficiency

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/850907332968038402

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Clippers being the Spurs kryptonite will never not confuse me

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Why does the MVP always come down to semantic argument between "best production by a player, best production by a player on a good team, best player overall"
Just split it into three awards and if someone is truly greate set up an electro magnet in his shoes so the trophies spin around him like Mario kart shells
The problem is that if you split the two awards into "MVP" and "Best Player in the NBA" there would be a clusterfuck of idiots who'd argue to the death that two should be one and the same, and thanks to them you'd likely see one player win both awards.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Lillard scored a career/franchise high 59 points tonight.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
MVP is the dumbest award in every sport except baseball wherein it's the only time where stats actually tell the whole story.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

MVP is the dumbest award in every sport except baseball wherein it's the only time where stats actually tell the whole story.

lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

And what a boring story it is. Unless the Rangers are doing well near the end of the season

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Baseball also gives out 2 MVP awards so one of the MVPs is a sham.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

zelah posted:

On just 34 shots from the field. Only 16 free throws attempts, too. The All-NBA snub will burn him to the core.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

zelah posted:

Some of those threes were just ridiculous.

Denver now has to win out and the Blazers have to lose out for Denver to make the 8 seed.

If you'd told me in December this Blazer team would be in the playoffs I would've said you were crazy. Amazing turnaround.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Denver always over-achieves in the regular season and everyone always forgets about this.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

cause people need to bend standards to support their favorite player, which is why the decision should be made by men of integrity such as myself, who say it's clearly my least favorite player in the league James Harden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Crazy Ted posted:

The problem is that if you split the two awards into "MVP" and "Best Player in the NBA" there would be a clusterfuck of idiots who'd argue to the death that two should be one and the same, and thanks to them you'd likely see one player win both awards.

NHL has the Hart which is for the "player adjudged to be most valuable to their team" and the Pearson, which is for "most outstanding player"

Usually they go to the same player, but not always. Hart is voted by the media, Pearson by the players

• Locked thread