Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zeno deleting the universe also deletes the afterlife, so actually he saved them instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku wasn't doing that, he just wanted some fights and was too stupid to think that his pal zen chan would make the stakes what they were

he even got justified later by the high priest saying they were gonna do it anyway and goku actually gave some of them a chance at living through it

Who's to say when he would do it, or if he wouldn't change his mind? The Trunksverse Zen-chan couldn't be assed to bestir himself even when Zamasu was flying around murdering all the gods. I get the feeling that Zen-chan doesn't really take initiative on his own very much, which is why Beerus threatened to loving kill Goku if Goku poked him; if you don't specifically attract his attention there is a 99.999% chance he'll just leave you alone.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel it's important to remind people that Goku was all for telling everyone, and it was Gohan who told him to, and still insists on, keep it a secret.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's weird that they're not telling the people who they're recruiting what's at stake. Like I understand not telling everyone to avoid mass panic, but why do they not want Vegeta to know? Why are they keeping Krillin and 18 in the dark? It's super weird.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's weird that they're not telling the people who they're recruiting what's at stake. Like I understand not telling everyone to avoid mass panic, but why do they not want Vegeta to know? Why are they keeping Krillin and 18 in the dark? It's super weird.

So at some point (the end?) it can be a gag/drama that they cancel/enact the universe destruction.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kelp Plankton posted:

All three of these people have children. They might go "gently caress you" and try to cut a deal with other people to save their families (at least; perhaps Earth generally). Vegeta could also probably kill Gohan if not Goku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nessus posted:

All three of these people have children. They might go "gently caress you" and try to cut a deal with other people to save their families (at least; perhaps Earth generally). Vegeta could also probably kill Gohan if not Goku.
This is supposed to be a reason to wait to tell them until they're in a high stress situation? :confused:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I don't know how they expect to keep it a secret when the actual battle begins either. Between papa angle probably going over the rules again before the fight starts and all the other universes going after Goku for putting them in this situation there's really no way for them to keep a lid on things.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rhonne posted:

I don't know how they expect to keep it a secret when the actual battle begins either. Between papa angle probably going over the rules again before the fight starts and all the other universes going after Goku for putting them in this situation there's really no way for them to keep a lid on things.

If I had to guess they'll have a pre game meetup where they lay down the stakes, to everyone's collective horror. That way they can get everyone's collective 'YOU loving DICK' out of the way all at once instead of wasting time doing it for each individual fighter.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

18 won't care so long as she gets paid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

Bulma could grab her portable garage, drag it into the room of spirit and time, build a new time machine, then get the gently caress out of that universe!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You fools don't even realize how this entire arc is nothing but a decades-long set up by the Grand Angel from all the way back in Dragon Ball to finally figure out a way to safely and fully annihilate his greatest threat to power and divinity-

Bulma

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So is there going to be an episode this week? It's still not showing on Crunchyroll.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Eopia posted:

So is there going to be an episode this week? It's still not showing on Crunchyroll.

9:30 pm EST

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait, Zamasu's plan was: Kill Gowasu, steal the time ring, take over Goku's body, go to the Trunks timeline, convince the now-good Zamasu to go back to his stupid idea of justice, and have that Zamasu wish for immortality? How much dumber can it get? Guess I'll find out. also whoo boy Trunks turning into Broly, becoming stronger than SSGSS Goku and Vegeta. This is the good stuff

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

I know what time it shows, what I meant was that usually crunchyroll shows the next episode on the page and a countdown to release well before it's available.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

Wait, Zamasu's plan was: Kill Gowasu, steal the time ring, take over Goku's body, go to the Trunks timeline, convince the now-good Zamasu to go back to his stupid idea of justice, and have that Zamasu wish for immortality? How much dumber can it get? Guess I'll find out. also whoo boy Trunks turning into Broly, becoming stronger than SSGSS Goku and Vegeta. This is the good stuff

The Trunks timeline Zamasu hadn't turned 'good', he just hadn't quite fallen yet, as the catalyst for him taking action was meeting Goku, which caused Gowasu to show him mortals evolving from being violent garbage beings to violent garbage beings with weapons.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 9, 2017

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Buu beat Goku, well holy poo poo.

The Pride Troopers need their own spinoff show.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All of the mad power level fans on 4chan. :allears:

I hope Yamcha beats up SSB Goku at some point just to set everyone off.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's weird that they're not telling the people who they're recruiting what's at stake. Like I understand not telling everyone to avoid mass panic, but why do they not want Vegeta to know?

none of them trust Vegeta for obvious reasons

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Buu was awesome this episode, the preview also has me really hype for 17 to finally return. I'm glad they're making this into as big a deal as it seems like it should be

Gohan really needs to get a Piccolo style outfit now that he's training under him again though

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Buu was awesome this episode, the preview also has me really hype for 17 to finally return. I'm glad they're making this into as big a deal as it seems like it should be

Gohan really needs to get a Piccolo style outfit now that he's training under him again though

I really don't understand why Gohan wears the Goku-style outfit. Goku's his dad but Piccolo taught him everything he knows.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kanos posted:

I really don't understand why Gohan wears the Goku-style outfit. Goku's his dad but Piccolo taught him everything he knows.

He's not 9 anymore and that getup looks like crap on him now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rudoku posted:

I think it would look neat on him now that he doesn't have a loving bowl cut. Maybe ditch the cape though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I made a joke last week, but they seem to genuinely be going for a real-time 24 style thing here. I wonder if there will actually be 37 more episodes before the tournament:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
15 consecutive episodes of everyone sleeping

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
The Pride Troopers are nice and all, but they're choreography could use some work compared to the Ginyu Troop's. I'm just not feeling the BURNING PASSION from their poses.

Once this tournament thing blows over, they could probably do to hire Gohan to give them some Justice Pose tips.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rudoku posted:

nah Dragon Ball Heroes did it and he looks pretty good

plus it has double purposes of tying him visually to his mentor Piccolo while also keeping him distinct from Goku. which is a problem right now. it was cool in the Buu saga when Goku wasn't around but with them both hanging out together its kind of weird

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

The Pride Troopers are nice and all, but they're choreography could use some work compared to the Ginyu Troop's. I'm just not feeling the BURNING PASSION from their poses.

their leader isn't there to coordinate, makes all the difference

Kelp Plankton posted:

nah Dragon Ball Heroes did it and he looks pretty good

counterpoint: no it does not

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Pretty sure he wore it in the Buu saga too? He can change the shoes but it looks good. Goku and Vegeta can go back to their RoF gear.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gohan in the orange gi has never looked right to me, he totally needs Piccolo's purple.

Also, we can finally see the effects of Hercule's training routine. Buu trained for three hours and got rock hard abs already.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like the Ultimate Gohan gi

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoy that the overriding theme of Dragonball Super is that almost everyone in Dragonball could be tougher than Goku if they trained a whole lot.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

alternately gohan could wear an outfit like Coohan from DB Fusions which just mixes the two looks together

i just want gohan to have a unique look

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gohan is neither allowed to have his own outfit, his own techniques, nor his own hair style.

Everything is handmedown for him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what about the tracksuit tho

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tracksuit Gohan best Gohan.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Okay what if

Gohan has the orange gi

over the tracksuit

but with the Piccolo cape?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Gohan should just fight in his sweater-vest

And by that I mean just his sweater-vest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

real talk though

Buu and THE CHAMP are the best

• Locked thread