Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

fullTimeLurker posted:

So then during the Tank fight, if I attack during all 5 phases = better chance for loot? Or is it an average of all phases?

All damage is totaled together in the end, so if you do 1 million in p1 and none in any other phases, your total is 1 million. If you do 250k in each phase (four phases,) then your total is also 1 million. the better chances for loot come from how you compare with other members of the guild.

That said, you can be in first place and get jack poo poo for gear, or be in 30th place and get full pieces of gear. It's a crapshoot, but you get a better chance of gear the higher you place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
You will get some gear no matter where you rank. The higher you rank the more loot drops you get up to 4 at the 1st spot compared with 2 at the bottom. Also at the top each spot has a higher chance to give a complete gear instead of just a piece. In normal tank raid if youre not placing top 3 you tend to just get 10 to 15 components for 2 different gears.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any goon guilds with open slots right now? I'm at level 50 in a typical pubbie one right now and really need to start wrecking face to get some good characters.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Are there any goon guilds with open slots right now? I'm at level 50 in a typical pubbie one right now and really need to start wrecking face to get some good characters.

Post your ally code so we can spam you with rewuests so you can borrow higher level dudes

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I have burned out, guys, feel free to boot me from QGJ. Maybe I'll be back someday!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

waah posted:

Post your ally code so we can spam you with rewuests so you can borrow higher level dudes

My ally code is 291-423-826. Cleared out my list, so start the spam

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

overdesigned posted:

I have burned out, guys, feel free to boot me from QGJ. Maybe I'll be back someday!

Booted

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

My ally code is 291-423-826. Cleared out my list, so start the spam

Invited

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
"Within each seed there's the promise of a flower. And within each death, no matter how small, there's always a new life. A new beginning."

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

overdesigned posted:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Wintermutant posted:

"Within each seed there's the promise of a flower. And within each death, no matter how small, there's always a new life. A new beginning."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

yub nub

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm getting pretty drat sick and tired of losing squad arena battles because the other teams consistently gets their turn first. Enemy Boba always manages to get ability block on 4/5 of my heroes, including my Lando and STH. Then immediately after enemy Boba's move, enemy tank puts up taunt so I can't do poo poo. Then enemy Lando AOEs my team.

Maybe I'll finally get a move in, which at this point is only a forced attack on their enemy tank. Then they somehow end up with having four more attacks including enemy Lando's AOE again which hits even harder.

The rare occasion I get first move, my Boba only lands 1 ability block on enemy, so then I'm hosed when enemy Boba manages to hit 4/5 of my guys. The worst part is that the teams I fight have less power, by like at least 2000. I have identical or better mods than them.

What am I missing? Is first shot based on RNG?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

ijii posted:

I'm getting pretty drat sick and tired of losing squad arena battles because the other teams consistently gets their turn first. Enemy Boba always manages to get ability block on 4/5 of my heroes, including my Lando and STH. Then immediately after enemy Boba's move, enemy tank puts up taunt so I can't do poo poo. Then enemy Lando AOEs my team.

Maybe I'll finally get a move in, which at this point is only a forced attack on their enemy tank. Then they somehow end up with having four more attacks including enemy Lando's AOE again which hits even harder.

The rare occasion I get first move, my Boba only lands 1 ability block on enemy, so then I'm hosed when enemy Boba manages to hit 4/5 of my guys. The worst part is that the teams I fight have less power, by like at least 2000. I have identical or better mods than them.

Mods? You do know mods can boost your speed, and that is basically key to winning in Arena.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm a little directionless at moment, and not on discord so I'll ask here, what should be working on right now? I have a decent but not amazing rebel squad, I am buying up shards for dark side ships to unlock zeta challenge, buying shards for droid and clone teams, and working on gear for Vader/Emperor/Tie Pilot/Boba/?? Team

Edit: I suppose it helps if I add this link

https://swgoh.gg/u/hixalot/

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 9, 2017

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

ijii posted:

I have a similar/same arena team and have boba modded for speed so he usually hits first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the world of mods. Speed secondaries are very loving important.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
The world of mods is a lovely world that I dont like

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Chances are you do not have identical mods. For the most every character in the game wants a 30 speed arrow mod and then as much speed as possible in one of the 4 secondary stats each mod gets when levelled.

So boba fett has like 150 speed to begin with. Your boba should at minimum have like 200 speed. Thats 30 arrow plus average 4 on the other 5 mods.

Who goes first depends on character speed and any turn meter gain from abilities/leader zetas. Your enemies are faster so they go first.

If you are running boba and sth you want max speed on boba to ability block enemy boba fett or others so your sth can get his taunt off.

Pro tip boba can target whoever he wants as long as he has his buff so target enemy boba and ability block him so he cant ability block you. It doesnt matter if he is the only one that eats it since youre not getting your team ability blocked.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Tom Smykowski posted:

The world of mods is a lovely world that I dont like

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Wow, 5/8 for stun cuffs. Guess I'm not seeing another one for a week.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
It's weird how seeing those obi wan Kenobi shards makes me happier to play the game. It's like I resigned myself to never have that character and now it's just a matter of (a lot of) time.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aadoniel posted:

It's weird how seeing those obi wan Kenobi shards makes me happier to play the game. It's like I resigned myself to never have that character and now it's just a matter of (a lot of) time.

Him as the 5th in a Zaul+3 sith seems hilarious and fun to try

E: nm, i thought you meant old ben

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Can I get some high level goon buddies to be my allies please? My code is 119-316-945.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Him as the 5th in a Zaul+3 sith seems hilarious and fun to try

E: nm, i thought you meant old ben

I have seen this and it is pretty great, but not quite worth it.

The hardest sith comps I have seen (all Zaul lead):
Zavage, Nil, Chaze
Zavage, Nil, EP, GK
Zavage, Nil, EP, Zylo

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Coming up on my next Zeta. Current team is Zaul, Zavage, EP, Nihilus + 1. Can't decide between Boba or Sid for the zeta and 5th spot. Sid has synergy and seems like he would be a reliable damage powerhouse (and the healing debuff is pretty great against Chaze). Boba can single-handedly flip the outcome of a match with his execute, but I don't know how much his Zeta really helps most of the time. My Kylo is only 4* and not geared so he's not really an option, though he will probably be the next zeta after this one.

Anyone have any thoughts?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
So tell me people of level 85. Do you have to fight squads in Galactic War that are 15 levels above you on that last node? While I can understand some difficulty and challenge, pitting level a 75 squad against my level 60 squad is ridiculous. Emperor Palps can pretty much stun and reduce the HP of most of my team with his basic attacks, then I have to deal with Vader, Maul, SIdious, and Nihilus some how. Using a throw away team does nothing here.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

Coming up on my next Zeta. Current team is Zaul, Zavage, EP, Nihilus + 1. Can't decide between Boba or Sid for the zeta and 5th spot. Sid has synergy and seems like he would be a reliable damage powerhouse (and the healing debuff is pretty great against Chaze). Boba can single-handedly flip the outcome of a match with his execute, but I don't know how much his Zeta really helps most of the time. My Kylo is only 4* and not geared so he's not really an option, though he will probably be the next zeta after this one.

If you hadnt included that bit about Kylo, I'd say he's your guy, and I'm doing Zid next, so I can understand your thinking there, but why not Nihilus next? He's on your team already and his non-leader zeta seems pretty sick.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

I would stay away from 5x Sith UNLESS you are running SAss and Sith Trooper. Boba is pretty bad in that 5th slot as well because he'll die pretty fast, even without. IMO still do Kylo next. Start farming his shards and gear now, he'll hit 6* in no time, and if you have him at G10 and zeta'd he'll still be amazing. With this team comp, you want to make it really hard for them to hit Maul, EP, and Nihilus, so having a super tanky, self-healing, high damage 5th is punishing.

fishtobaskets posted:

If you hadnt included that bit about Kylo, I'd say he's your guy, and I'm doing Zid next, so I can understand your thinking there, but why not Nihilus next? He's on your team already and his non-leader zeta seems pretty sick.

Nil would also be good. It helps him land a bigger CD reduction on his annihilate.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll gear Kylo up and spend a few extra crystals trying to knock him into shape. I should have been doing it sooner but I never really thought about it, in my head he was always one of those heroes I couldn't get, like Chirrut and Baze. But his grind really isn't that bad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ijii posted:

So tell me people of level 85. Do you have to fight squads in Galactic War that are 15 levels above you on that last node? While I can understand some difficulty and challenge, pitting level a 75 squad against my level 60 squad is ridiculous. Emperor Palps can pretty much stun and reduce the HP of most of my team with his basic attacks, then I have to deal with Vader, Maul, SIdious, and Nihilus some how. Using a throw away team does nothing here.

GW is going to suck for you for a while. Here's the best advice I can provide:
1. Set up multiple teams if possible
2. Let each team fight an early node, so they're able to get some extra turn meter.
3. Know that you can retreat freely, and avoid mistakes you might have made.
4. For a given attacking team, the fight will always play out the same way, assuming you make the same moves. If you rearrange the same characters, this might alter who gets hit by attacks and who gets called for assists.
5. Until you reach the end game, you may face teams that you just can't beat. It sucks.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ijii posted:

Davethulhu posted:

GW is going to suck for you for a while. Here's the best advice I can provide:
1. Set up multiple teams if possible
2. Let each team fight an early node, so they're able to get some extra turn meter.
3. Know that you can retreat freely, and avoid mistakes you might have made.
4. For a given attacking team, the fight will always play out the same way, assuming you make the same moves. If you rearrange the same characters, this might alter who gets hit by attacks and who gets called for assists.
5. Until you reach the end game, you may face teams that you just can't beat. It sucks.

An alternate method I liked for setting up TM: Take your 2-3 strongest heroes. Cycle through 2-3 heroes through nodes 1-5 so that you have your strongest 2-3 heroes plus another 10-15 heroes with some amount of TM.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Appendum to the retreat & team setup protip:

As was said you can re-arrange your team to change who gets shot or called to assist based on the stored RNG. IE you swap tie fighter pilot & emperor palpatine so palp is called on a QGJ assist instead of TFP. If you don't change the content of your team & make the same moves the results will always be the same. Enemy will target slot X, your attack that misses will always miss, etc.

If you change the make up of your team, swap characters in and out, you will change the RNG seed. So a key to skin of your teeth GW is to approach each node as a puzzle. You want to make it through the easiest nodes with as little damage as possible & as much TM going into the hard nodes as possible. Bring lots of stuns! Daka is really nice for GW if you can spare the damage because you get lots of stuns.

When I do GW because I tend to face strong zeta filled meta arena teams, I always want Palpatine to have near full TM going into a hard node so I can get a stun off or zap someone with an annoying taunt/tm gain/whatever. I also build QGJ's turn meter to near full in the first few nodes depending on the RNG so I can swap him in vs pre-taunters.

I also spend 1 easy early node priming my backup team which is rebels.

So like node 1 is: EP (l), QGJ, RG, Daka, TFP - I try to leave this node with QGJ as close to full TM as possible
Node 2: Swap in Rebels Lando (l), Biggs, Wedge, ST Han, Anakin - I want them all to have some TM and preferably han near full
Node 3: EP (l), TFP, RG, Boba Fett, Kylo - Cruise from here on out

And I will swap in other people I have levelled like Phasma etc to get optimal RNG on nodes so going into Node 6,9,12 I have EP with full TM.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I can't even begin to imagine what a shitshow must a low level GW be nowadays with poo poo like Chaze and Nihilus around.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I can't even begin to imagine what a shitshow must a low level GW be nowadays with poo poo like Chaze and Nihilus around.

Even at high level. I had a Nihlius lead Vader/Dooku/Palp/Sith Trooper on node 1 today at 85.

So much for using that one to prime TM without burning CDs or protection for my Rebels!

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

I got 10 cuff salvages from 14 battles, and then rancor results gave me a full stun cuff AND 12 cuff salvages, and now the daily mystery box contains 2 more cuff salvages. Better be careful who gets them since I'll probably not see any for a month.

Also zeta FOST is awesome :allears:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll gear Kylo up and spend a few extra crystals trying to knock him into shape. I should have been doing it sooner but I never really thought about it, in my head he was always one of those heroes I couldn't get, like Chirrut and Baze. But his grind really isn't that bad.

Yeah I'm working on him now and he's a breeze compared to JKA/RG. In two days I've gotten 27 shards just using the two 100crystal cantina energy refreshes.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm pretty amused at how bad the AI is in Fleet Arena.

Only 3 ships left and reinforcement is available with 3 ships in the chute? gently caress reinforcements, go ahead and fire the cannon!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just got my hands on Boba and holy poo poo, even at gear level IV and with his skills at rank 3, he is death on legs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Just got my hands on Boba and holy poo poo, even at gear level IV and with his skills at rank 3, he is death on legs.

Boba owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Boba owns.

He kept me in top 5 payouts for months.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 10, 2017