Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This episode showing Hercule being a legit trainer for Buu made me very happy

He's weak on a Goku scale but the man knows tournament prep better than almost anyone else on the cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Universe 2's Supreme Kai sounds like the every power level addicted DB fan

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

I enjoy that the overriding theme of Dragonball Super is that almost everyone in Dragonball could be tougher than Goku if they trained a whole lot.

Clearly the baseline Saiyan template is so weak that they need to bust their asses constantly and go through endless training with the gods themselves in order to match up to what someone from the Freeza or Buu races can do with six months and a bowflex.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I liked how in the preview for next week Android 17 can go blow for blow with SSB. clearly he hasn't let his game slip up in the like 10 years since the Cell Saga

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This arc is fun in basically all the ways that I hoped it would be.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I like that the writers are totally aware that Goku has never met 17 before. It's so common for new arcs of 20 years old animes to totally gloss over such details

but not Super

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I respect Hercule as a character a lot more after this episode

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kanos posted:

Clearly the baseline Saiyan template is so weak that they need to bust their asses constantly and go through endless training with the gods themselves in order to match up to what someone from the Freeza or Buu races can do with six months and a bowflex.
Pretty much the only thing they had specifically going for them was zenkai, Freiza was just getting paranoid about their spooky ghost stories that happened to be true.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i don't think i like detailed buff buu

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gohan should just use the all Blue gi from the movies.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't think i like detailed buff buu

Stupid Sexy Buu

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont get why people are freaking out about power levels

nothing seems that off to me

like goku was 100% fine after fighting krillin, and krillins vision was blurry amd shaky by the end of it

goku traded blows with buu and lost while he wasn't even super saiyan

doesnt seem all that crazy tbh

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The whole point of that fight was that even someone like Buu can outsmart Goku when it comes to getting a ringout. If people are dense enough to complain about power levels after Krillin won against loving Gohan, then it's gonna happen no matter what.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Burkion posted:

Gohan is neither allowed to have his own outfit, his own techniques, nor his own hair style.

Everything is handmedown for him.

don't forget voice

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
If we're keeping stupid sexy buu, I wouldn't be too surprised if we get piccolo geared Gohan turning up for the tournament. This show has gone even further beyond fanfic on so many levels and keeps paying out somehow.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This episode was cool, but I've been waiting for 17 to show up for what feels like a fireworks factoryamount of time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Watching the collection of Supreme Kais I've come to the realization that Average Mortal Level isn't about powerlevels or whatever, it's actually measuring the quality of each Kai's GodTube Channel. Those guy post nothing but videos complaining about power levels, incoherent theorycrafting, and tea.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Obviously, Gohan should stay home, and send the Great Sayaiman in his place. He's got the best costume.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pride Troopers gonna team work the poo poo out of that crappy rear end U7

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

real talk though

Buu and THE CHAMP are the best
I just love that it is now and forevermore "canon" that Hercule "Mr." Satan legit trained someone that defeated Goku.

If people are legit mad about this that makes it even better.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gohan needs to tell Piccolo that they don't have time for training.

We're already in the light activity period before a meet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Gohan needs to tell Piccolo that they don't have time for training.

We're already in the light activity period before a meet.

If the world works on Namek time now they have plenty of time to do plenty of stuff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I guess they could use senzu beans but maybe Zeno will be doing drug testing at the event. It's a big risk.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Does anyone actually acknowledge Buu's general presence other than Mr. Satan and Goku? Maybe it's cause he turned them all in to candy and ate them, that's a little awkward for dinner conversation

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

most of the cast tried to kill goku at some point so I guess they're just used to it by now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Buu should turn zeno indo candy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think its good that Super really does put emphasis on training and seeking self-improvement being a thing that matters- Swoledjinn Buu being the biggest new example. It's always been kind of the heart of the franchise.

That's what I think GT was missing. Nobody ever trained or talked or thought about training. Also GT can't be canon now since Buu was fat in that series- you heard it here first.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

I think its good that Super really does put emphasis on training and seeking self-improvement being a thing that matters- Swoledjinn Buu being the biggest new example. It's always been kind of the heart of the franchise.

That's what I think GT was missing. Nobody ever trained or talked or thought about training. Also GT can't be canon now since Buu was fat in that series- you heard it here first.

If Buu turns fat again after his sleep I'm dropping this show.

Roshi's training advice for Krillin being a spirit quest to get him to believe in himself again was bullshit. Eat, sleep, train was the recipe for success his school was founded on. Krillin and Goku went into that first tournament with no idea they were really strong!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Does anyone actually acknowledge Buu's general presence other than Mr. Satan and Goku? Maybe it's cause he turned them all in to candy and ate them, that's a little awkward for dinner conversation

They made a wish with the dragonballs for everyone to forget Buus crimes.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rutibex posted:

They made a wish with the dragonballs for everyone to forget Buus crimes.

Android 18 still remembers those horrors, that dragon didn't do poo poo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sassassin posted:

If Buu turns fat again after his sleep I'm dropping this show.

Please do

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Parrotine posted:

Maybe it's cause he turned them all in to candy and ate them, that's a little awkward for dinner conversation

That was a different Buu, also half of the cast has tried to kill the other half of the cast at some point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mr. Satan might be the only one that has never been the target of death of any of the main cast.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Aurora posted:

Mr. Satan might be the only one that has never been the target of death of any of the main cast.
Dude lived through getting knocked into a goddamn mountain by Perfect Cell. By DBZ standards, Hercule is a wimp, but in another universe, he'd be a goddamn superhero.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is someone beaming onto earth in u7? the pride troopers maybe? or was that somewhere else

dunno, that preview made it sound like the pride troopers crash goke's recruitement

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was kinda rolling my eyes at the filler before the tournament because the whole crew was already spoiled but this episode made me more excited for what's coming up than any other episode of Dragon Ball anything since I can remember

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

is someone beaming onto earth in u7? the pride troopers maybe? or was that somewhere else

dunno, that preview made it sound like the pride troopers crash goke's recruitement

I think those are just going to be random rear end aliens

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not gonna lie, Pride Troopers are boring as gently caress

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wuxi posted:

Not gonna lie, Pride Troopers are boring as gently caress
I think they might be okay, if they lean harder into the "Ginyuys but as good guys" angle, honestly. Right now, they're too hard to take seriously, but they're also not goofy enough to actually be fun, so they sit this middle ground of just being dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RealFoxy posted:

I was kinda rolling my eyes at the filler before the tournament because the whole crew was already spoiled but this episode made me more excited for what's coming up than any other episode of Dragon Ball anything since I can remember

So were the crew to any heist movie ever but the roundup montages are always entertaining.

• Locked thread