Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I'm a little sad that the Salarian Architect is rare. I need more ranks so I can kit out Lil' Buddy and incinerate while filling in the passives. I also would like some kind of icon either on the compass rose or in-game to let me see where my drones at. Also, maybe being able to send it somewhere by pressing 1 again. He just kind of does his own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Christ Angara Avenger is fun. I was competitive in Silver at level 3 just with judicious use of grenades and stealth :allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tasoth posted:

I'm a little sad that the Salarian Architect is rare. I need more ranks so I can kit out Lil' Buddy and incinerate while filling in the passives. I also would like some kind of icon either on the compass rose or in-game to let me see where my drones at. Also, maybe being able to send it somewhere by pressing 1 again. He just kind of does his own thing.

You can direct him to attack specific enemies by tapping the button.

e: I'm just glad Architect isn't Ultra Rare, getting rank X Kineticist will take forever, I don't even have her unlocked at all yet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It'd be cool if you could spend mission points from Apex missions to unlock certain classes or guns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If they get desperate enough and they're not selling as many Andromeda Points as they'd like, they could just go "fine, you can pay real money to guarantee a copy of this or that". And it would be something like $10 and a lot of little kids would spend $100 of their parents' money to get a Vanquisher X.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Does anyone have a good solution for how slow building shaders is every time you turn the game on? It takes a couple minutes to even get into a match after you ready up now.

That was really only bad for me the first night I played the game after the patch installed. It's chilled out a lot since. I'm on an SSD, which is maybe helping?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I got a KroGuard! :dance:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chasiubao posted:

Christ Angara Avenger is fun. I was competitive in Silver at level 3 just with judicious use of grenades and stealth :allears:
Is he as good as Drell Assassin or whatever class had Warp and Cluster Grenades?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Note to self: do not underestimate the bog-standard human adept again. Self-detonating biotic combos is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
In a single game I had my music die, a desync / lag / something so bad that I thought I was going to crash, and Fiends rubber-banding to the point where they'd warp around corners like they were ME3 Banshees. Is there anywhere to report this stuff to the developers? As far as I'm concerned Fiends must have been intentionally written this way to sell Cobras.

That said my level 3 Human Vanguard scored on Bronze what my Krogan Vanguard scores on Silver.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 9, 2017

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
I'm really good at placing trip mines in completely ineffectual locations in the heat of battle.

:stonk:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Tasoth posted:

Oh, is there a difference to the way classes/characters level by their rarity that I've neither noticed nor read, yet? I just really started getting into the MP last night and haven't really read up on it very much at all, but I unlocked the Salarian Architect today and have been using it for a while now because I like the Remnant VI. Should I not be spending points as willy nilly?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Oh, is there a difference to the way classes/characters level by their rarity that I've neither noticed nor read, yet? I just really started getting into the MP last night and haven't really read up on it very much at all, but I unlocked the Salarian Architect today and have been using it for a while now because I like the Remnant VI. Should I not be spending points as willy nilly?

You get extra points for each rank of a character and higher rarity characters take more effort to rank up.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Lightning Knight posted:

You get extra points for each rank of a character and higher rarity characters take more effort to rank up.

Ah, thank you.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

precision posted:

If they get desperate enough and they're not selling as many Andromeda Points as they'd like, they could just go "fine, you can pay real money to guarantee a copy of this or that". And it would be something like $10 and a lot of little kids would spend $100 of their parents' money to get a Vanquisher X.

I thought they were going to do that but with mission funds. Guess it was just a rumor.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Stickman posted:

That could be part of it, but it also seems like I'm taking more damage from getting shot at a distance as well.

Even if barrier 6a restored 50% shields on every kill (instead of 10% on a biotic kill), 6b would still be the better choice because it gives your shields back when you are getting shot and are about to die. Plus, having to get the kill shot to power your boosts is annoying as hell and actively discourages team play - that's one of the main advantages of pugging a human vanguard over krogan on gold.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think Asari Adept, Human Kineticist, etc, would be the users of Barrier 6a--the more you can actually use biotics to get the kills, the better it is (especially with powers that run off shields)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Doc Dee posted:

I'm really good at placing trip mines in completely ineffectual locations in the heat of battle.

:stonk:

I need a class with trip mines to also come with pull, so I can make sure every botched mine still goes to use.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

How many extra points? This has 83, is it more than that?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

I haven't tried it yet, but I think Asari Adept, Human Kineticist, etc, would be the users of Barrier 6a--the more you can actually use biotics to get the kills, the better it is (especially with powers that run off shields)

Actually killing guys with powers is relatively tough compared to ME3, and everyone can use a free "don't die now" every 10 seconds. The Asari Adept also gets shield back for every kill in annihilation's radius, so they're getting shield back anyway if things are working correctly.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Is he as good as Drell Assassin or whatever class had Warp and Cluster Grenades?

I don't think I ever played that class so I have no idea. But she can stealth almost forever with no cooldown, blow poo poo up with grenades, and warp behind anyone and stab them in the back :ese:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Grondoth posted:

Uh, I dunno. It's actually every other rank if I remember right.

At max rank and level you have enough points for 6/6/6/5/3, with one remaining, or 6/6/6/6/1 with none remaining.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Grondoth posted:

It's 23 extra points (62 at rank I to 85 at rank X, including the 3 automatically placed in active powers). Not sure how those are split across the 5 ranks that boost points, though.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Monolith. posted:

I thought they were going to do that but with mission funds. Guess it was just a rumor.

It wasn't a rumor, it was something they said there were going to do while the game was being made but they just didn't do it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got the halberd and ha ha they only fixed the ROF on the mattock, not this paperweight.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chasiubao posted:

I don't think I ever played that class so I have no idea. But she can stealth almost forever with no cooldown, blow poo poo up with grenades, and warp behind anyone and stab them in the back :ese:
Drell Assassin was basically you tossing out bunches of grenades at a time and doing aerial cartwheels. Kind of a grenade hog in ME3 since ammo crates were shared. If we get class variety half as fun in MEA I'll be happy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How are you all speccing the human engineer? 66653 with the 3 in the turret (seems a bit weak) and 5 in one of the passives?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Hahaha 3 ascendants in a row for the eliminate targets objective. Ran out of time on the third.

Need a :fuckoff: emoji with his dumb lizard face.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

How are you all speccing the human engineer? 66653 with the 3 in the turret (seems a bit weak) and 5 in one of the passives?

Building one of them 6/5/3/6/6. Spec'd the turret for damage and cooldown reduction/turret heal while you're in the area, the cryobeam for damage, radius and snapfreeze and going to shoot for radius/duration/construct bonuses on the passive. Overload is kind of lackluster even against shields and bots and I mainly use it as a detonator. Play style is I find a shitfort, throw down my turret and just spend the non-objective waves being a camper. Fun so far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got the soned and ha ha it can't hit the broad side of a barn while doing a couple pixels of damage per shot to a basic enemy's health bar.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

While they're fixing things, they should fix the mod drop rate. I just finished off the silver characters/weapons, and (after I started counting) I pulled 91 silvers and 15 golds from advanced packs, and exactly one of those silvers was a mod.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I got some dumb UR sniper rifle from my first ever 100K credit box. It shoots explosive rounds and looks kinda Kett-ish, and it's hot garbage. Stupid game :smith:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stickman posted:

While they're fixing things, they should fix the mod drop rate. I just finished off the silver characters/weapons, and (after I started counting) I pulled 91 silvers and 15 golds from advanced packs, and exactly one of those silvers was a mod.

I think they need to fix the drop rate of the healing and ammo consumable items. If i wanted those id get that starter box thing. I dont appreciate half of every box being those things.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Stickman posted:

Yeah the bronze mods were the last things I finished off from those packs as well. It is quite saddening. Admittedly when presented with the options of new characters, new guns, or new mods, I expect the majority of players would prefer new characters or guns to mods, even if mods are arguably more useful than most new characters will be.

Nasgate posted:

I think they need to fix the drop rate of the healing and ammo consumable items. If i wanted those id get that starter box thing. I dont appreciate half of every box being those things.

This is intentional, you're basically supposed to be getting one real item per pack and then getting a second one is a lucky drop.

Thank your lucky stars they made it so that you don't get infinite repeats of the basic human characters, though the stupid leveling system of individual character XP we swapped to, to get that wasn't worth it imo.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I'd settle for being able to complete a gold round without having to send a PSN crash report. How does a console game in TYOOL 2017 crash this loving often?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Oh look, one of the Apex missions has a +50% bonus to assault rifle damage. They're almost better than just running up and punching a dude with that modifier. Almost.

Bitching aside, pretty sure mods have the lowest drop in the packs, if only because I've almost maxed out the commons, and all I'm getting now is mods from the basic packs.

limited fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 9, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

8th-snype posted:

I'd settle for being able to complete a gold round without having to send a PSN crash report. How does a console game in TYOOL 2017 crash this loving often?

When it's pushed out what appears to be about 3-6 months sooner than it should've been to meet a quarterly report deadline?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Lightning Knight posted:

When it's pushed out what appears to be about 3-6 months sooner than it should've been to meet a quarterly report deadline?
I'm just imagining someone at Sony everytime one of these supposedly AAA games comes out and crashed all the time dropping a truckload of crash reports on someone's desk.

:what: 'Sort it, our report database is full.'

Who am I kidding though, Sony couldn't give a poo poo, it's all on the devs and publishers. :allears:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

limited posted:

I'm just imagining someone at Sony everytime one of these supposedly AAA games comes out and crashed all the time dropping a truckload of crash reports on someone's desk.

:what: 'Sort it, our report database is full.'

Who am I kidding though, Sony couldn't give a poo poo, it's all on the devs and publishers. :allears:

I mean, admittedly, I don't think that the stability issues are Sony's or Microsoft's faults, nor would it logically be their responsibility unless it was directly to do with the consoles and their OS or something.

The reality is that triple AAA developers have greater and greater incentives to dump unfinished and unpolished games into whatever time slot will make their balance sheets and earnings calls look the best and then patch them later or better yet fix it with DLC. It's not like the old days where if you're game wasn't finished when it came out it never got finished so everyone would avoid it for the turd it was.

We're honestly kind of lucky, in that the patches and DLC for multiplayer are at least free. :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's unfortunate that the same forgiveness people give to indie titles in early access have now somehow transferred over to AAA games from big studios, where people are essentially shelling out $60-120 in season passes and super deluxe editions to beta test games because they can't wait another drat month to play them. It's pretty drat shameful that Andromeda was released in the state it was and sadder to see people defend a really inferior release like they were some underdog indie studio with a shoestring budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

exquisite tea posted:

It's unfortunate that the same forgiveness people give to indie titles in early access have now somehow transferred over to AAA games from big studios, where people are essentially shelling out $60-120 in season passes and super deluxe editions to beta test games because they can't wait another drat month to play them. It's pretty drat shameful that Andromeda was released in the state it was and sadder to see people defend a really inferior release like they were some underdog indie studio with a shoestring budget.
For Honor has this same problem as well. Sure, the game itself is unique with it's main systems, but they literally broke matchmaking at one point where it was almost impossible, it has a season pass, AND they've already admitted they aren't intending players to fully unlock the content unless of course they happen to spend a hilarious amount on microtransactions, or play every day 24/7 for several years.

While VIDYAGAMES :byodood: shouldn't be taken too seriously, there's definitely a worrying trend.

• Locked thread