Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yeah if you want something a different speed with a lot of new faces check out the wXw shows and OTT's christmas show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/850891253243940865

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

gently caress yeah

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i dont know who started the trend of higher profile indies ironically booking 90's nostalgia guy vs modern names (probably AIW?) but im glad and hope this continues

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I read that as Mil Mascaras at first

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

i dont know who started the trend of higher profile indies ironically booking 90's nostalgia guy vs modern names (probably AIW?) but im glad and hope this continues

WWE

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I read that as Mil Mascaras at first

Same and now I'm less excited.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/850996815633809408

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Axel Dieter Jr is bonkers talented and has one of the best looks in wrestling. Hoping for him to join up with Thatcher in EVOLVE to make Ringkampf a thing in the states.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What happened to all those UK indies + Gabe working with NXT and having their shows up on the WWE Network?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

What happened to all those UK indies + Gabe working with NXT and having their shows up on the WWE Network?

FloSlam threw a ton of money at Gabe to broadcast his WWN/EVOLVE shows and he took it

HHH decided he can just kill off all the UK promotions instead and harvest their talent

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Lumbermouth posted:

Axel Dieter Jr is bonkers talented and has one of the best looks in wrestling. Hoping for him to join up with Thatcher in EVOLVE to make Ringkampf a thing in the states.

per the NXT thread he has been signed by WWE actually.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I went to see the Hardys last night at a local promotion called IWC. WWE didn't allow them to wrestle(boooo) but those guys are so over it was fun to see just a promo especially if its one of the last Broken appearances. Ryback was there. i cheered for the big guy

Britt Baker vs Rachael Ellering was match of the night easily. Britt also had a line for pictures that seemed to last the entire show while she wasn't wrestling.

There was a lumberjack guy who everyone loved. He showed up in the crowd after his match but wearing a different flannel; which i respect.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Progress and ICW are still expected to turn up on the network. Nobody really knows why they're not announcing it, the commom belief seems to be the agreements were signed in January.

Also during a twitter exchange Progress seemed to be hinting they very well might have a show during Summerslam weekend.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, have we come so far that Hardcore Holly is now welcomed as a nostalgia act?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, have we come so far that Hardcore Holly is now welcomed as a nostalgia act?

The Holly Cousins team was fun, as was the period where he was a super heavyweight, as were some of his hardcore matches. I'm not gonna pretend I love the guy, but he could be fun in the right situation.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I saw Holly beat on Tim Donst so Holly is fine with me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I changed my tune on Bob Holly after reading his book.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I haven't paid enough attention to wrestling in years to really have a fair opinion. But on some level it feels like of Hardcore Holly can be reformed and have a nostalgia run on the internet and indies than truly, anyone can.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bob Holly gets an NJPW run, has a Dropkicks Only match with Okada, the first ********** match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The book and a few interviews definitely made people look at Holly in a new light.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is there some basic summary of what was in the book that changed the impression of him? I really haven't paid any attention so I have no idea. Or is it just some deeply humanizing read or something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Is there some basic summary of what was in the book that changed the impression of him? I really haven't paid any attention so I have no idea. Or is it just some deeply humanizing read or something?

He's just refreshingly honest, which is too rare in a wrestling book. He seems aware of his faults and it made me sympathize with him because of how much he got hosed around.

I mean, I don't agree with a lot of what he did, but I came away from it feeling like he wasn't a huge piece of poo poo like I did before.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He owns up to his reputation full stop and doesn't make any excuses about who he was. He's not interested in playing politics at all so hes very honest about himself and the backstage environment in WWF at the time (and to this day based on recent developments)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
John Thorne gives a brief update on what is going on with Chandler Biggins as well as the future of AIW. http://aiwrestling.libsyn.com/aiw-ep044-chandler-biggins-health-update

I suggest you listen for yourself but Biggins has been fighting serious bacterial infection and has had ten surgeries in 3 weeks. He may have to spend the next year in hospital.

The future of AIW is very much in doubt.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

nvm: Brain missed the part where the update was also talking about the future of AIW.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 10, 2017

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Welp. I better go to the next AIW show.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Smash and WCPW are doing back to back shows on Mother's Day for WCPW's World Cup

Smash show is looking good so far:

Here's the list of Canada's competitors for the World Cup:
Michael Elgin
Kyle O'Reilly
Harry Smith
Rene Dupree
Tyson Dux
Brent Banks
Tarik
Franky the Mobster

Also good news for locals who haven't been following Smash lately is that they moved back downtown to the Phoenix. I was kind of bummed since I live near the old location, but it's good for them to be in a better place downtown.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's the Phoenix like as a venue for wrestling? Is the balcony assigned seating?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's the Phoenix like as a venue for wrestling? Is the balcony assigned seating?

Yeah the balcony is classed as VIP, so reserved seating. It's a good venue imo, better than FHCC in pretty much every way other than location for me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

schweens posted:

I went to see the Hardys last night at a local promotion called IWC. WWE didn't allow them to wrestle(boooo) but those guys are so over it was fun to see just a promo especially if its one of the last Broken appearances. Ryback was there. i cheered for the big guy

Britt Baker vs Rachael Ellering was match of the night easily. Britt also had a line for pictures that seemed to last the entire show while she wasn't wrestling.

There was a lumberjack guy who everyone loved. He showed up in the crowd after his match but wearing a different flannel; which i respect.

wait there's another lumberjack gimmick than Grizzly Redwood?

I miss Grizzly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/852219858947383302

:getin:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fuuuuuuuuck yeah

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

:vince:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is BIG https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/852558534827008001

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beyond to Floslam or Pivotshare?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope it's Highspots

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Beyond to Floslam or Pivotshare?

If you want to see a woman hurled by a man like a projectile aka Intergender Wrestling you'll have to see it via Patreon.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

rovert posted:

If you want to see a woman hurled by a man like a projectile aka Intergender Wrestling you'll have to see it via Patreon.

Or subscribe to El Rey or Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Beyonds subscription YouTube is not hit by this, just the free matches they post.

Also their intergender matches are good and cool.