Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I only tried getting into dizzy for the genesis and really liked it, but not having a pw or save system killed it for me. Each time I played I had to redo all the stuff I figured out, and it was too time consuming to advance for a puzzle game. It's like playing metroid or Zelda without saves and not having the game memorized already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well...this is certainly one way to get more people playing shmups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9uMqNdOpU

Apparently real, a Korean's idea of a joke that went too far.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/do-you-want-to-play-a-game-ransomware-asks-for-high-score-instead-of-money/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I feel like Touhou bullet hell games are so much their own weird thing that they don't count as shmups anymore. I guess that's just me though.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Also me. I do not like them at all. I never have, and I don't get the love the series gets. There are much better doujins out there.

e: I recently built a new PC with Windows 10 and I have realized I can't use BizHawk anymore (for most games). I need any game with input timing to have Vsync/TB off. This is achievable via fullscreen, but BizHawk's is just windowed fullscreen. I got around that on Win7 by using the basic theme which removes the sync from app windows, but apparently in 10 there's no way to disable it. Any ideas, or do I have to start using RetroArch? I loving hate its horrible UI and fiddling around with cores and poo poo.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 8, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Day one of the Midwest gaming classic was good times

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I uh.. I bought one of those lovely upscalers from DX and they won't stop sending them to me now. I've received three in the past few weeks.

If only they sold framemeisters :q:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Casio Loopy

https://youtu.be/PNWGVtwTkiM

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The Loopy is so loving cute.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

AH nice, they should make armbands that also say that too, maybe with black text set in a nice neat white circle. imo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Your username is pretty on the nose, huh?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

HAT FETISH posted:

AH nice, they should make armbands that also say that too, maybe with black text set in a nice neat white circle. imo

I mean, you say this, but I think I still have some old Beatmania armbands Konami sent me with a controller repair

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I bought this hat from Windy back when he first sold them. I wore it a bunch leading up to the inauguration, but now it just seems too real.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought about buying one but I do t want to risk people mistaking it for a real trump hat by not reading the text.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I'm at a barcade and YouTube user metaljesusrocks is here.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got all ready to install hard drive on my Xbox but realized I bought the wrong size torques rip :(.

How important is it to remove the clock bomb?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Empress Brosephine posted:

Got all ready to install hard drive on my Xbox but realized I bought the wrong size torques rip :(.

How important is it to remove the clock bomb?

Well while you're in there, you might as well do it. Just snip the leads with scissors and pull it out.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it still true that you can't do it with the later model xboxes?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What's the best way for fixing up an N64 joystick? I seem to remember it being buying a replacement on ebay and just using the plastic parts, not the electronic parts.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What's the best way for fixing up an N64 joystick? I seem to remember it being buying a replacement on ebay and just using the plastic parts, not the electronic parts.
Taking them apart to clean them and apply some ceramic grease can work wonders, but you of course need the tools and grease. If the plastic has worn down too much or the spring is shot they might remain permanently a little loose though, at which point I'd recommend getting an OEM stick and ceramic greasing that.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

I don't like this dude's videos and feel like he covers up being kind of dumb/bland with the goofy metalhead affectation. like I'm sure he's a perfectly nice person but I just find his stuff bad to watch. or at least it was years ago idk if he has progressed

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

d0s posted:

I don't like this dude's videos and feel like he covers up being kind of dumb/bland with the goofy metalhead affectation. like I'm sure he's a perfectly nice person but I just find his stuff bad to watch. or at least it was years ago idk if he has progressed

Agreed. I stopped watching after I saw his PS2 episode because it seemed like he didn't even bother doing basic research on stuff.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Your username is pretty on the nose, huh?
Wow, way to tell everyone you don't know how hats work

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

that dude seems OK, but bc of his handle I always get him confused with that other Gamer Coolguy who uses his ridiculous collection shelf as a backdrop for all his rant-into-the-camera videos + only ever wears metal band shirts + talks like an 11yo who just figured out he can get away with saying gently caress on the internet

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

HAT FETISH posted:

that dude seems OK, but bc of his handle I always get him confused with that other Gamer Coolguy who uses his ridiculous collection shelf as a backdrop for all his rant-into-the-camera videos + only ever wears metal band shirts + talks like an 11yo who just figured out he can get away with saying gently caress on the internet

that doesn't narrow it down very much

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Metaljesusrocks seems like a nice dude and the guests he has on are generally very knowledgeable, but yeah, he tends to not go deeper than just the surface.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

HAT FETISH posted:

Alphaomegasin?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just watch Game Sack

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just watch Game Sack
This. I am sad that I eventually made it through all of their videos. Including the weird one where they make fun of metaljesusrocks (and others).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BisterdDave posted:

Alphaomegasin?

Probably, that dude is laaaaaaame

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Alphaomegasin?
Had to google that but haha yeah that's him.

I just wish everyone could be more like LGR, that guy is so good it's crazy

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
I just browsed that guys top videos to find something to sample video to watch. Every other one has a thumbnail of him giving the middle finger and are all about him just telling some interneter or some company to gently caress off. Gosh I hope I'm not missing anything by not watching.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
He did a couple James and Mike Monday's and it was as bad as you expect. Also not surprising, he had to let us know about his thoughts on the Ghostbusters remake.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 9, 2017

Monitor Burn
Nov 29, 2001
No clever to be found here

Just wanted to repost this in case anyone is looking for a decent power adapter for retro consoles; I've bought several of them and they are pretty solid for around :10bux:. They output 9V 2A over the standard barrel connector used on the NES, AV Famicom, TG16/PC-Engine, Super Famicom, and Genesis model 1 consoles. The 90 degree connector is great for the PC Engine and Core Grafx systems which have the power plug on the side.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DTI9CJ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Metaljesus is cool, he's a guy who got in the game early and coasts on his personality without using it as a soapbox for harmful ideas like other bearded youtube gamers who unwittingly market to children. If you're looking for deep dives you won't find it, but his videos are obviously geared to casual hobbyists and that's okay.

AlphaOmegaSin is that smelly metal head you remember from school who said all rap is crap and has to wear his Cannibal Corpse t-shirts inside out.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't for the life of me get this hot swap in time. It's like a secret art form. Rip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I go to chimp and try to hit swap it errors out whenever I swap the ide cable. It does that even if I swap it after boot up. So I wonder if it's the hdd :(

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Empress Brosephine posted:

When I go to chimp and try to hit swap it errors out whenever I swap the ide cable. It does that even if I swap it after boot up. So I wonder if it's the hdd :(

Try using a different version of Chimp. Also, you do have the new drive plugged into power already when you start the Xbox up, right?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

HAT FETISH posted:

I just wish everyone could be more like LGR, that guy is so good it's crazy

LGR and Mark Brown are the only game guys like this I really watch anymore. I check if Yahtzee has done a game I've played every now and then and watch James Rolfe whenever there's a new AVGN episode (which is not often) more for curiosity's sake.

I'll check out Game Sack though, thanks.

Also watch Mark Brown's videos. He's like if Brian Cox talked about video game design.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fishmech posted:

Try using a different version of Chimp. Also, you do have the new drive plugged into power already when you start the Xbox up, right?

Yeah. Someone online mentioned maybe it's the third party av cable I'm using so I'm gunna try that too. So odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/851067486963253248

• Locked thread