Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Ah rad, I'm like Rank 5 with Ann.

Apparently you can get like Jack Frost dolls at the arcade but I aint wasting time at the arcade to MAYBE get a Jack Frost doll

wait what

The crane game doesn't waste game time, only your real life time that's probably not worth anything anyway if you're playing a 100 hour rpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want Ryuji's NO MO' RULES shirt

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Perfect Potato posted:

The crane game doesn't waste game time, only your real life time that's probably not worth anything anyway if you're playing a 100 hour rpg
oh hell yea, you know im getting those hee-ho friends

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want Ryuji's NO MO' RULES shirt

petition to change it to HOMO RULES

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This game's been out for a bit in Japan, right? Did they ever release any meaningful DLC or just costumes?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Moltrey posted:

jesus christ ann

"hey for being cool friends with me, i got you this idol poster and an actual chocolate fountain"

A better friend than any of us deserve

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Enjoying wandering around the densely packed underground walkways while repeating "FOCUS. I HAVE SOMETHING. I CAN FEEL IT. IT'S SOMEWHERE. I CAN SEE IT." to myself.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FauxLeather posted:

Enjoying wandering around the densely packed underground walkways while repeating "FOCUS. I HAVE SOMETHING. I CAN FEEL IT. IT'S SOMEWHERE. I CAN SEE IT." to myself.

It'd be neat if they didn't go "I Have Something" for stealth spots. Cuz that's not "something". They're basically everywhere.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was about to make a post saying that this pre-Palace preamble before Palace 5 was going on way too long, but then it ended in a really heartwarming way so :kimchi:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Wow, Death Rank 7 really kind of breaks the game's economy when combined with the Sun confidant. I can easily buy SP recovery items for only 50k, which takes no time at all to grind out in a dungeon thanks to the extra negotiation attempts from Sun. I haven't even started the third dungeon yet and I'm rolling in dough.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ryuji just go find out about the guy's drinking place already, it's been like a good three weeks. Maybe it's because of all the plot?

Also got Makoto and she's rad already.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Levantine posted:

Wow, Death Rank 7 really kind of breaks the game's economy when combined with the Sun confidant. I can easily buy SP recovery items for only 50k, which takes no time at all to grind out in a dungeon thanks to the extra negotiation attempts from Sun. I haven't even started the third dungeon yet and I'm rolling in dough.

Rolled through the third dungeon on the first day; didn't even break a sweat. :clint:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but this game is extremely good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ryuji just go find out about the guy's drinking place already, it's been like a good three weeks. Maybe it's because of all the plot?

Huh, that's weird. Ryuji found that guy's drinking place like yesterday for me and I still have yet to finish the second palace. I have no idea what triggers it then

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheLoser posted:

Rolled through the third dungeon on the first day; didn't even break a sweat. :clint:

That's impressive, that dungeon is long and the midboss is a burly dude. I liked that it felt truly gargantuan.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Moltrey posted:

Huh, that's weird. Ryuji found that guy's drinking place like yesterday for me and I still have yet to finish the second palace. I have no idea what triggers it then

I've just assumed that plot nights are conflicting on days where he'd normally ring you up for it, I dunno. You don't actually have to help him track it down do you?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sun is a pain in the rear end. Does he rank up every time you hang out with him?

I'm feeling a bit broke so I want to do the money tricks. Thankfully, I've already got Death at like 5 or 6, but Sun's only at 2 sadly..

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Sun always ranks up. People talk bad about that dude, but Sun guy seems pretty tight imo

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've just assumed that plot nights are conflicting on days where he'd normally ring you up for it, I dunno. You don't actually have to help him track it down do you?
Nah, nothing of the sort. He just texted me one night telling me he found it, and I had the option to do it in place of a night event

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ApplesandOranges posted:

What's the date currently

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey, so I'm trying to avoid looking up too much about the confidants and such but I knew you get the temperance one around the end of May, I didn't and looked it up just to see if it was non obvious. Apparently you get a message on the 24th about it? I was doing dungeon stuff at that point so obviously missed it, will I get another chance at some point soon or should I go back? I do have a save from before that day but I would have to beat the palace boss again so would be kind of a pain in the rear end.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just started this game last night and I (sincerely) enjoyed the experience of getting lost in the subway terminal on the first day of school. I've done a fair bit of traveling in my life, but no matter how old I get I always find myself anxious and disoriented when navigating any kind of public transportation center for the first time. I don't know where anything is. What if I miss my connection? What if I take the wrong one? What if I'm late? It's a little thing, but I already like the game more for having indulged in that particular hang-up of mine (which I'm sure isn't unique to me). Really did a good job putting me in that headspace, being a newcomer, where a lesser game might've just rushed me into meeting Ryuji outside the gate.

Speaking of which, Sojiro, Ryuji, and Morgana are all immediately likable characters. I was worried P4's cast might've been a case of lightning in a bottle after how much I disliked P3's, but so far this game seems to be doing a bang-up job of bringing it to the table.

Gonna go out on a limb here though and guess that the coach is a total creep.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

What's the date currently

6/22, just unlocked the third Palace.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Went to fight the palace 6 miniboss and my current persona just happened to be weak to wind. So, obviously, the boss starts with a double Garudyne on Joker before I even get the chance to change personas. :shepface:

I can't even be mad at this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

6/22, just unlocked the third Palace.

Yeah, you still have to wait a week or so, then you get a text.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

thebardyspoon posted:

Hey, so I'm trying to avoid looking up too much about the confidants and such but I knew you get the temperance one around the end of May, I didn't and looked it up just to see if it was non obvious. Apparently you get a message on the 24th about it? I was doing dungeon stuff at that point so obviously missed it, will I get another chance at some point soon or should I go back? I do have a save from before that day but I would have to beat the palace boss again so would be kind of a pain in the rear end.
5/24 is just the earliest it can start, it'll happen anytime after you clear the second palace. There's more information in the OP

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like this Makoto lady.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

thebardyspoon posted:

You get a series of events that lead into temperance after you finish the second palace. It'll be real obvious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I like this Makoto lady.

Makoto is probably my favorite character in the game. I didn't date her but she's cool.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Terper posted:

Makoto is probably my favorite character in the game. I didn't date her but she's cool.

I haven't decided who I'll date yet, but she's a strong contender. Depends on if there's any girls she's better matched up with.

Where the hell is Mishima? I can never find the guy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Pollyanna posted:

I haven't decided who I'll date yet, but she's a strong contender. Depends on if there's any girls she's better matched up with.

Central Street at night. I've heard he moves around though after a while.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Pollyanna posted:

Mishima is in Shibuya until the red light district opens up. Then he's there.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Pollyanna posted:

I like this Makoto lady.

Makotowns, and I have no regrets about dating her, especially because it makes the interrogation rather funny as I imagine Joker trying to dodge the issue of dating his prosecutor's sister. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think older sis might have some brain problems anyways.

'A lady named Ichiko Ohya keeps writing articles about you. You MUST have someone in the press writing articles about you! WHO IS IT?!?!?'

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He's shortcutting a lot of it, because remember, this whole retelling was supposed to be short. "I don't have much time here."

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
In Palace 5, am I trying to take down the one who isn't the clerk or the one who is? There's a Director and a Clerk and the robot I found now is definitely NOT the Clerk, so does that mean he's the Director and I'd rather have his ID or is the game explaining itself poorly and I want to kill the Clerk instead?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

In Palace 5, am I trying to take down the one who isn't the clerk or the one who is? There's a Director and a Clerk and the robot I found now is definitely NOT the Clerk, so does that mean he's the Director and I'd rather have his ID or is the game explaining itself poorly and I want to kill the Clerk instead?

I killed all five and the last one I killed was the first one I ruled out and he had the key. I was infuriated.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tae posted:

He's shortcutting a lot of it, because remember, this whole retelling was supposed to be short. "I don't have much time here."

The articles say 'written by Ichiko Ohya' on them though. This like, isn't exactly a mystery lady.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Arist posted:

I killed all five and the last one I killed was the first one I ruled out and he had the key. I was infuriated.

I'm just unclear of the objective, I think, do I want the clearly identifable one or the one who may be a higher rank?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

The articles say 'written by Ichiko Ohya' on them though. This like, isn't exactly a mystery lady.

I mean they probably know her, but they need a direct confession from him to get her.

Time around dungeon 5 spoiler: That said, it's still pretty silly considering how insanely popular the Phantom Thieves get. This wouldn't be possible at the hands of just one journalist, Sae!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tae posted:

For example I think you can infer that I don't think the protagonist ever told Sae that Futaba and Alibaba were the same person