Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I know, I know. I was just trying to shock the thread with something really depraved.

You...you just really weirded me out for a minute, man. :ohdear:
Mass Effect Andromeda sucks a pile of dog dicks in a whole shitton of ways, but that doesn't mean it's made for you. They're figurative, not animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

I know, I know. I was just trying to shock the thread with something really depraved.

If you want to shock people on the internet these days (after years of liveleak decapitations, split penisis and goatse) you need to go straight to wound loving, disease fetishes or graphic necrophilia. Actually scratch that last one because zombies made it mainstream.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DancingShade posted:

If you want to shock people on the internet these days (after years of liveleak decapitations, split penisis and goatse) you need to go straight to wound loving, disease fetishes or graphic necrophilia. Actually scratch that last one because zombies made it mainstream.

iZombie was a really cool serie.

Mass Effect Andromeda 2 Plot:

You receive a call using faster than light communication. "The Dolphins, the Dolphins are taking over Mars!". With the message comes schemes to change the Tempest to become fastest than fastest-than-light, and come back to the solar system in a hour. We found the humans have impregnated the dolphinst and the dolphins have turned self-aware. They now live in Mars (in Earth they are extinct) and Mars is covered in a giant sea after a failed terraformation proyect (they added too much water). The game will be basically a shot-en-up where you fly over a infinite sea killing dolphins. You never meet a human, always following the instructions of a AI giving you instructions with radio. When you end the game killing the last dolphin, you land in a base, and you find humans where extinct many generations ago, because they all turned fishsexual (had not interest with sex with humans, only with fish).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Arglebargle III posted:

Bring back Ilos IMO.

Yeah, maybe this time it will be fun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tei posted:

You receive a call using faster than light communication. "The Dolphins, the Dolphins are taking over Mars!". With the message comes schemes to change the Tempest to become fastest than fastest-than-light, and come back to the solar system in a hour. We found the humans have impregnated the dolphinst and the dolphins have turned self-aware. They now live in Mars (in Earth they are extinct) and Mars is covered in a giant sea after a failed terraformation proyect (they added too much water). The game will be basically a shot-en-up where you fly over a infinite sea killing dolphins. You never meet a human, always following the instructions of a AI giving you instructions with radio. When you end the game killing the last dolphin, you land in a base, and you find humans where extinct many generations ago, because they all turned fishsexual (had not interest with sex with humans, only with fish).

I assume this leads to lesbian androids, moose, and giant boars inheriting the Earth.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tei posted:

*nodding* yes, hmm yes, this does sound like a game I will play

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Hedrigall posted:

*nodding* yes, hmm yes, this does sound like a game I will play

Half the Internet proclaims it GOTY 2017.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what is she thinking

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DancingShade posted:

Just imagine how much better all their games would run without it.

loving seriously wtc

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

DrNutt posted:

Actually I did really like the opening theme but yeah, bring back those dudes for sure.

Yeah, the main theme is great and they use it well in the finale too but all the other music pales before the stuff Jack & Sam did in the first two games.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I object to Addison using a normal-rear end simile, something normal speakers do in everyday conversation, and following it up with "sorry, just feelin really poetic right now". Then she does it again in the same conversation.

She never gets better, and never redeems herself. All of her dialogue is loving terrible and her personal quest, with insanely selfish pregnant friend, is bullshit.

if you talk to Addison after that mission, she mentions her first meeting with that friend was the friend getting drunk and spouting libertarian bullshit, so insanely selfish is probably an intentional character trait. Not sure if poo poo at choosing friends is supposed to be one for Addison though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who the gently caress is addison

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Zzulu posted:

A woman with the chronical disease of Tired Face.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zzulu posted:

A person really good at poetry

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I've been enjoying the game a bit more now that the main story is moving along.

I've rescued Moshae and got Voeld to 95% viability and have been having some fun doing some of the side quests.

The quest system is still broken though with triggers not showing up, or showing up after you save and reload.

And my character still looks like he's made out of clay and stubble in some of the one-on-one dialog.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

as i was told by this thread she apparently is a piece of sentient tupperware

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Tei posted:

"Mars Needs Swimmin'"

And iZombie season 3 started last week in the US.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What is the option to skip the cutscenes? Do I really have to press X/space/tab to skip these travel videos?

Also now things show "NUM 3" near the conversation options, how do I turn that poo poo off. Who the gently caress uses keyboard stuff instead of the wheel.

Also they removed AVP showing a negative number on the main UI page, but they didn't from when you enter the nexus. I don't understand how they're so incompetent

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 9, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How do you stay caught up on gear in this game? Seems like crafting is gated behind exploration and exploration is as fun as sanding down your dick.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Sell poo poo, buy resources, there's essentially nothing else you need to spend cash on.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Arglebargle III posted:

How do you stay caught up on gear in this game? Seems like crafting is gated behind exploration and exploration is as fun as sanding down your dick.

If you do the Apex Mission stuff it throws poo poo at you.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I've found the biggest bottleneck for crafting is research, not materials. Heleus especially is very tight if you want to use the power ranger armour (and you do).

Money is mostly worthless once you've got the augments you want, and you end up swimming in minerals just from breaking down the poo poo you pick up.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I do the apex missions via my phone, which makes it easy to do all the available ones every day. Nets you guns and materials, and you can disassemble the guns for more material.

tooterfish posted:

I've found the biggest bottleneck for crafting is research, not materials. Heleus especially is very tight if you want to use the power ranger armour (and you do).

Strangely enough, I'm mostly low on Milky Way research. Heleus I haven't spent much, so I've like 2000 research saved up. Remnant I'm blowing on L.A.W. upgrades, and Milky Way I've been spending on Asari Sword upgrades.

Haven't crafted any armor yet, because the open world stuff is doable in the starter armor that gives an XP bonus. I'll probably craft something before the endgame, but by then, I'm hoping to have enough for whichever suit I pick.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 9, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

Once you get off Eos you'll get showered in stuff without even trying. Plus with the right cryo trays you get regular deliveries of R&D junk every hour if you can be bothered to click on the terminal.

Apex missions for your NPC teams (that you never see or talk to) are another source of easy research points and misc loot.

It helps to have your armor come from one tech tree and your favorite gun(s) from another so you can spread out the costs, if things are tight.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Grab the hidden caches AVP perk and just hit the ones closest to wherever it is the plot takes you. Those things are always jam packed with high quality stuff.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Once your APEX teams can reliably do gold missions you'll start swimming in N7 weapons.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I ran out of heleus research points after testing out a few guns and armors and I dont have that much left of the game I think, so now I don't get to use any of that gear that I can't research :shepface:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I ran out of heleus research points after testing out a few guns and armors and I dont have that much left of the game I think, so now I don't get to use any of that gear that I can't research :shepface:

All your research and inventory carries over to NG+ if that helps.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Strangely enough, I'm mostly low on Milky Way research. Heleus I haven't spent much, so I've like 2000 research saved up. Remnant I'm blowing on L.A.W. upgrades, and Milky Way I've been spending on Asari Sword upgrades.
Lab technicians really helps with Milky Way stuff. Sadly there's no equivalent for Heleus research bar getting lucky with apex drops.

It's a fucker of a system because it really discourages experimentation. You need to focus on one or two things per tree.

Kaysette posted:

Once your APEX teams can reliably do gold missions you'll start swimming in N7 weapons.
You can augment crafted gear though, that makes it a lot better than stuff you pick up or buy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well it does when the system works. I haven't heard if they fixed crafting in this patch.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The crafting system is rear end because unless you focus on one or two things per remnant/heleus tree you get hosed. Milky Way you can at least get a slow build of infinite points.

I guess I'm a realistic sense this is logical because the other stuff is new and should me limited, but this is a loving video game and I want to be able to pew pew the mans with fun gear.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Havarl has completely killed my motivation to play any more of this game.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Has anyone had success with the plasma charge up augmentation? What's it good on? I mistakenly put it on an Eagle, which no.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I've been taking my time and just got to the exile planet, but something that happened before I got there is bugging me just as much as the first 5 minutes of the game where everything that happened could have been entirely avoided if the pilot just looked out the window. How does anyone know the big remnant things are called Architects? There's this big mystery about why the hammers being placed are drawing remnants towards them and then this big remnant thing no one has ever seen before or no one has ever talked about springs up out of the ground in Eos and Cora immediately goes 'We got an Architect!' like it's this common thing.

Also I never do APEX mission in game. As far as I can tell it doesn't affect the single player experience in any meaningful way, and the rewards aren't worth the time investment. I'm sure it was an EA mandate but they really should have just kept multiplayer and single player separate.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The crafting system is rear end because unless you focus on one or two things per remnant/heleus tree you get hosed. Milky Way you can at least get a slow build of infinite points.

I guess I'm a realistic sense this is logical because the other stuff is new and should me limited, but this is a loving video game and I want to be able to pew pew the mans with fun gear.

Yeah you're much better off picking one weapon on the crafting tree and sticking with it, which is silly and kind of makes the crafting system pointless as it punishes experimentation.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Baron Corbyn posted:

if you talk to Addison after that mission, she mentions her first meeting with that friend was the friend getting drunk and spouting libertarian bullshit, so insanely selfish is probably an intentional character trait. Not sure if poo poo at choosing friends is supposed to be one for Addison though.

One thing they don't get into too much in the game is how loving stupid the uprising really was. In the book, Nexus Uprising, you learn the dark secret of the rebellion was that everyone took up arms because they didn't want to be told that they were consuming too many resources and that some people would have to go back into cryo until habitable worlds could be found. Just a bunch of selfish bitch babies who apparently were willing to doom everyone because they didn't want to be told that they couldn't eat as much food as they wanted to. Tann was a loving dipshit at dealing with everything but the rebellion was entirely unsympathetic up to the point that the Krogans were sicced on them, which was actually pretty horrifying in the book.

Also Sloane Kelly is on the opposing side for 95% of the book and only joins the exiles because she was in negotiations to end the uprising when Tann sends the Krogans in. She basically helps prevent them from massacring everyone and gets lumped in as a traitor for it. Which made her characterization in the game utterly bizarre.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Zzulu posted:

The music does feel extremely subdued in the game. What's there is nice but you never fuckin notice it.

This is such a strange decision because I feel hte ME games had really distinct music and a lot of scenes and gameplay segments were elevated because of it in the previous games

I liked the music a lot (esp. that buzzy action track that plays when you fight Kett) but yeah it tends to be really unobtrusive and not there when it should be. I'm not sure how much of that is accidental, with the game in the state it's in.

There was one really sad, quiet moment (might have been during the memories questline, I forget) where it seemed like there should be sad music but instead it was playing this menacing synth noise the whole time. That was weird.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DrNutt posted:

One thing they don't get into too much in the game is how loving stupid the uprising really was. In the book, Nexus Uprising, you learn the dark secret of the rebellion was that everyone took up arms because they didn't want to be told that they were consuming too many resources and that some people would have to go back into cryo until habitable worlds could be found. Just a bunch of selfish bitch babies who apparently were willing to doom everyone because they didn't want to be told that they couldn't eat as much food as they wanted to. Tann was a loving dipshit at dealing with everything but the rebellion was entirely unsympathetic up to the point that the Krogans were sicced on them, which was actually pretty horrifying in the book.

Also Sloane Kelly is on the opposing side for 95% of the book and only joins the exiles because she was in negotiations to end the uprising when Tann sends the Krogans in. She basically helps prevent them from massacring everyone and gets lumped in as a traitor for it. Which made her characterization in the game utterly bizarre.

There's a quest that suggests that cryo sleep makes people assholes. They probably should have checked that technology out before they used it!!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DancingShade posted:

All your research and inventory carries over to NG+ if that helps.

why the gently caress would you willingly play this game twice?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Moola posted:

Because it's fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Moola posted:

I let Reyes lose.