Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Why not just go wendigo? Sounds like a blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

naem posted:

Why not just go wendigo? Sounds like a blast

There's a difference from doing something because you want to do it and doing it because you have to do it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I may or may have not turned my arch-nemesis inside out. I had intended to give them gastrointestinal distress, but I must have done something wrong as his intestines and other internal organs are now sitting on the outside. They do appear to be in quite a bit of excruciating pain and the sounds they are making are as ungodly as you can imagine. This is super awkward for me as I was only tormenting them because I secretly have the hots for them and wanted to make them into my sex slave and even if I fix this it's all just going to be weird from now on.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I may or may have not turned my arch-nemesis inside out. I had intended to give them gastrointestinal distress, but I must have done something wrong as his intestines and other internal organs are now sitting on the outside. They do appear to be in quite a bit of excruciating pain and the sounds they are making are as ungodly as you can imagine. This is super awkward for me as I was only tormenting them because I secretly have the hots for them and wanted to make them into my sex slave and even if I fix this it's all just going to be weird from now on.

If you really like someone you have to get to know them, inside and out. Here's your chance to really get closer to your rival! Don't waste the opportunity with a hasty counterspell and really, we've all been inside out before and if you haven't figured out how to revert to your base form before getting a rival then maybe it's time to find a stronger rival.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Arkanomen posted:

If you really like someone you have to get to know them, inside and out. Here's your chance to really get closer to your rival! Don't waste the opportunity with a hasty counterspell and really, we've all been inside out before and if you haven't figured out how to revert to your base form before getting a rival then maybe it's time to find a stronger rival.

But they smell like poo gas on the inside!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

But they smell like poo gas on the inside!

Beauty is only skin deep, what did you expect.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Arkanomen posted:

Beauty is only skin deep, what did you expect.

In all honesty? Tentacles.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

In all honesty? Tentacles.

Ah gotcha. I know a guy. Bring 20 gold and a lock of banshee hair to the ring of stones west of the wailing mire. Ask for the Tako special.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Arkanomen posted:

Ah gotcha. I know a guy. Bring 20 gold and a lock of banshee hair to the ring of stones west of the wailing mire. Ask for the Tako special.

Can I add mouths where the suction cups should be? Asking for a friend.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Can I add mouths where the suction cups should be? Asking for a friend.

Ew, no what the gently caress

yeah

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Arkanomen posted:

Ew, no what the gently caress

yeah

Haha! I know right?! They're such a weirdo!

I'll be there at midnight

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?

Skypie posted:

In my experience, if it ain't bright upstairs, it ain't gonna light up the driveway. You're probably better off just turning him into a bog standard misshapen, shambling corpse and aim him in the general direction of the town.

Re: the wendigo problem - have you considered body-swapping for the duration of your incantation? Might let you sneak around bloodline concerns, and you can have a night on the town where you dissolve someone's friends and family and the last thing they see is a loved one inflicting limitless agony?

Hmmmm. That could work. I've always been more of a talmudic "letter of the law, not spirit of the law" kinda guy. (if all the golems didn't tip you off). I would just have to make sure my "borrowed" body has enough magical potential for the ritual to work. What are some good ways to temporary transfer/store my power?

Also to those suggesting I go full Wendigo. I had a buddy do that a while back. He told me he was doing for the immortality and power, but it turned out he was just a huge furry. Hey no judgments, I'm friends with some changelings it's just not something I'm into.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
So I've decided to branch out into mad science as well as evil wizarding, and the results have been fantastic! I just finished my giant cybernetic battle-golem made from enchanted titanium plates with demon-infused motivators units fueled by a custom-designed necrotomic power plant. It's armed with hellfire missiles -- literal hellfire, mind you, the cool neon green stuff -- and baleflame plasma cannon using the souls of war orphans as ammunition.

I am super-excited about this, and now I realized why the Dark Ancients forbade the mixture of magic and technology -- they were afraid we would surpass them. And you know what? They were absolutely right. You should have seen their faces when my prototype battle-golem rocket-punched their dread cathedral into splinters.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Ever notice that even in undeath people still have daddy issues?

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
What's the mileage like on that thing? Your average golem needs a big power boost at the start and then they are usually self sufficient. Your science magic monstrosity (I mean that in the best way) sounds like a real energy hog.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

That's a good point. The (re)animated are merely inhabited by spirits. It's seems that mech/magic constructs are fueled by them.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If you keep consuming souls without any conservation the abyssal plane is gonna get pissed off from you keeping souls for them to exploit/recruit/torture. And that's not an enemy you want.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Unless your end goal is to become a demonic abyssal ruler yourself.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Mixing science and magic can be extremely effective. Magic gets jealous, is the thing. It won't let you be a master of magic and science, and will start to passive-aggressively make higher level spells harder and harder to pull off. This usually doesn't matter; the flexibility of technology typically makes up the difference, and it's as easy as temporarily forgetting how electricity works to get back on magic's good side. But absolutely do not allow a rival wizard or scientist to catch you in an anti-magic or -technology field. Any magi-tech stuff you've brought into the field will at best be nonfunctional and you may not have the power to take your rival on anymore.

Also, watch for heroic hackers, engineers, and other kinds of modern nerd. If your technology has any kind of structural or security weakness, these kids will find it, and it will ruin your plans at the worst possible moment. Use proper passwords, protect mechanical joints, etc.

Finally, look into cyber-liching. Did you know that 15% of modern memes are phylacteries?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Just a quick update; my giant cybernetic battle-golem was just destroyed by a cybernetic ninja. I spent billions on the tech necessary to make this happen and this rear end in a top hat just screams "WE'RE DONE HERE" and rips out its heart, which he absorbed like the rear end in a top hat he is.

gently caress me, I'm depressed. Regular magic is so much cheaper, even with the cost of grinding precious stones into spell components. And the using of war orphans as a power source was such a good idea -- it's renewable energy!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I decided to fix my problem by turning my former arch-nemesis turned inside-out abomination into a flesh golem. I have issued but one command: to end my life at all costs!

It'll be just like old times again!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Arkanomen posted:

do not do this, this guy is tricking you, he is going to take your 20g and lock of banshee hair and leave you high and dry. he told me he would get me a bag of "the best Outworld reagents" and all i got was crumbled kobold oats. ffs.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

nomadologique posted:

do not do this, this guy is tricking you, he is going to take your 20g and lock of banshee hair and leave you high and dry. he told me he would get me a bag of "the best Outworld reagents" and all i got was crumbled kobold oats. ffs.

you still need crumbled kobold oats for advanced alchemy, though. apparently you can mix Koats with vanilla extract to potentially get platinum out of your transmutations.

anyway, I've been working on a new spell these last few days. hopefully it comes together over the cauldron!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

unpleasantly turgid posted:

you still need crumbled kobold oats for advanced alchemy, though. apparently you can mix Koats with vanilla extract to potentially get platinum out of your transmutations.

anyway, I've been working on a new spell these last few days. hopefully it comes together over the cauldron!

"Cauldron", Get out of here witch. This is a safe space for Wizards Weaving Their Own Way. We enlightened wizards have recognized that witches and their vapid need for the material plane are just holding good wizards back. Why should I waste my precious mana on some painted up hedge-crone succubus who will leave me for a warlock when the moment seizes them when I can summon literal succubi that will honor our infernal contract to the letter, no questions asked.

Witches are everything that is wrong with magic society. Rhyming ingredient lists for potions, exposing their legs while riding a phallic symbol, cackling in public spaces, associating with satyrs. If you lot want to go back to the old days that's fine, we will to. Days where witches were respectable and understood their place in the harem-thrall of proud wizards.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Arkanomen posted:

"Cauldron", Get out of here witch. This is a safe space for Wizards Weaving Their Own Way.
wizards can use cauldrons too, oval office.

Arkanomen posted:

Why should I waste my precious mana on some painted up hedge-crone succubus who will leave me for a warlock when the moment seizes them when I can summon literal succubi that will honor our infernal contract to the letter, no questions asked.
you CANT SUMMON SUCCUBI, NOR ARE YOUR MAJYYKS INFERNAL

Arkanomen posted:

Witches are everything that is wrong with magic society. Rhyming ingredient lists for potions, exposing their legs while riding a phallic symbol, cackling in public spaces...
all very true, but I'd appreciate a bit of empathy.

Arkanomen posted:

associating with satyrs.
I'M NOT A DRUID

Arkanomen posted:

Days where witches were respectable and understood their place in the harem-thrall of proud wizards.
you are why feminism exists.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

unpleasantly turgid posted:

wizards can use cauldrons too, oval office.

you CANT SUMMON SUCCUBI, NOR ARE YOUR MAJYYKS INFERNAL

all very true, but I'd appreciate a bit of empathy.

I'M NOT A DRUID

you are why feminism exists.

Witches wouldn't need feminism if the (((Djinni))) didn't fill their heads with nonsense about "equality" and "Runic Rights". The wizard of accord of 654 very clearly laid out roles for magical users and rules for a harmonious society. A witch or warlock or (ugh) Xirlock cant be greater than a wizard. They don't have the spell power for it, it's just a magictruth.

ps. only limp-staffed wizards use the cuck-cauldron. A real wizard wills the potions into existence with his strength of mind.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
Anyone else ever feel that they are an evil witch trapped in the body of an evil wizard?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Some of my best friends are witches. One time I carried a skeletal scribe to a witch's house.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Anyone else ever feel that they are an evil witch trapped in the body of an evil wizard?

They have potions for that now. Gender is meaningless in the face of the most basic of transmutation magics, but it still takes time lose the old habits. Cackling instead of bellowing, hexing instead of banishing. Magic is all about finding your true self, so you'll make it if you really want to. Good luck!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Not all spellcasters that are women are witches. There are plenty of sorceresses, shamanesses, etc.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Who What Now posted:

Some of my best friends are witches. One time I carried a skeletal scribe to a witch's house.

Did she at least reward you with a nice spell, maybe a ride on her broom?

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

They have potions for that now. Gender is meaningless in the face of the most basic of transmutation magics, but it still takes time lose the old habits. Cackling instead of bellowing, hexing instead of banishing. Magic is all about finding your true self, so you'll make it if you really want to. Good luck!

I have tried that, but everytime I try to fornicate with a devil to form the pact to officially become an evil witch, I am rejected. Devils are surprisingly transphobic.

Anyone else impressed how well David Bowie is maintaing his body after becoming lich? Dead for a year and still not a single bone showing.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

uch okay so
I've had this Paladin of Clorfaen Goodwyn after me for, idk, 300, 400 years- standard human, but his fake god metaphor lets him tap into the weave and be functionally immortal

nbd every decade or so he'd round up a new group of saps and they'd all become skeleton trampolines in a dungeon, but last year I decided to try turning him to darkness, see if I couldn't snap up a dece soul and an apprentice to boot

well it worked, and now turns out he's REALLY into it, like its gross. Diaphanous black shredded robes, writing my name on his chest in scar tissue, eyeliner, he uses the word 'doth' a lot, all the other wizards are laughing at me and I can't get even lesser devils to hang out without mercilessly roasting me

I'd send him on a suicide mission, but you know how the power of narrative works, I'd bet my collectors edition Iron Maiden iron maiden that a Quest for Redeption triggers and dude comes back with actual power. Or, worse, he goes all Evil Vengeance on me and perpetuates the sterotype that Evil can't get anything done because of all the infighting

can I kick this centuries-old former avatar of the god of mercy out of acting like a fifty year old elf all the loving time? or am I stuck for the next hundred years with waking up to someone poorly trying to Ghost Sound the entire works of Avenged Sevenfold?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I have tried that, but everytime I try to fornicate with a devil to form the pact to officially become an evil witch, I am rejected. Devils are surprisingly transphobic.

Anyone else impressed how well David Bowie is maintaing his body after becoming lich? Dead for a year and still not a single bone showing.

except for those cheekbones, my oh my

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Peanut Butler posted:

uch okay so
I've had this Paladin of Clorfaen Goodwyn after me for, idk, 300, 400 years- standard human, but his fake god metaphor lets him tap into the weave and be functionally immortal

nbd every decade or so he'd round up a new group of saps and they'd all become skeleton trampolines in a dungeon, but last year I decided to try turning him to darkness, see if I couldn't snap up a dece soul and an apprentice to boot

well it worked, and now turns out he's REALLY into it, like its gross. Diaphanous black shredded robes, writing my name on his chest in scar tissue, eyeliner, he uses the word 'doth' a lot, all the other wizards are laughing at me and I can't get even lesser devils to hang out without mercilessly roasting me

I'd send him on a suicide mission, but you know how the power of narrative works, I'd bet my collectors edition Iron Maiden iron maiden that a Quest for Redeption triggers and dude comes back with actual power. Or, worse, he goes all Evil Vengeance on me and perpetuates the sterotype that Evil can't get anything done because of all the infighting

can I kick this centuries-old former avatar of the god of mercy out of acting like a fifty year old elf all the loving time? or am I stuck for the next hundred years with waking up to someone poorly trying to Ghost Sound the entire works of Avenged Sevenfold?

That's an easy problem to fix if you're stuck in the narrative. Just march him back to the nearest temple to his old god, preferably with a good looking cleric girl, and watch as your big standard redemption arc kicks in. He'll be back to trying to smite your landscaping in no time.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Whoa, this thread suddenly went all red potion.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
insecure wizards of all things.

shameful evil wizards.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

So I've decided to branch out into mad science as well as evil wizarding, and the results have been fantastic! I just finished my giant cybernetic battle-golem made from enchanted titanium plates with demon-infused motivators units fueled by a custom-designed necrotomic power plant. It's armed with hellfire missiles -- literal hellfire, mind you, the cool neon green stuff -- and baleflame plasma cannon using the souls of war orphans as ammunition.

Pics or it didn't happen.

aegof posted:

Mixing science and magic can be extremely effective. Magic gets jealous, is the thing. It won't let you be a master of magic and science, and will start to passive-aggressively make higher level spells harder and harder to pull off. This usually doesn't matter; the flexibility of technology typically makes up the difference, and it's as easy as temporarily forgetting how electricity works to get back on magic's good side. But absolutely do not allow a rival wizard or scientist to catch you in an anti-magic or -technology field. Any magi-tech stuff you've brought into the field will at best be nonfunctional and you may not have the power to take your rival on anymore.

Also, watch for heroic hackers, engineers, and other kinds of modern nerd. If your technology has any kind of structural or security weakness, these kids will find it, and it will ruin your plans at the worst possible moment. Use proper passwords, protect mechanical joints, etc.

Finally, look into cyber-liching. Did you know that 15% of modern memes are phylacteries?

I'm gonna have to look into all of this, although I'm not sure I left enough people alive on my last push towards immortal dragon emperor for them to invent the Internet on my plane.

I could "let" them discover it, I suppose.

There are spells for that.

You can resort to fleshcrafting if the body-acceptance mindshaping absolutely will not take hold, but it's a last resort.

Devils, being masters of Lawful Evil, know the Truth, as they must manipulate it to their monkey paw purposes. They can smell your blood, which has a Y chromosome.

You either need to broker a new deal that suits your purposes (you will need a good Devil lawyer on your side,) get a better fleshcrafting spell or a Belt of Gender Swapping, or mind control a Devil before you attempt this. A combination of all three has the best chance of success.

And yes, Bowie was a master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

IS, Bowie IS a master

• Locked thread