Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So were the crew to any heist movie ever but the roundup montages are always entertaining.
At bare minimum skinny Buu was good so I have high hopes for the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I think they might be okay, if they lean harder into the "Ginyuys but as good guys" angle, honestly. Right now, they're too hard to take seriously, but they're also not goofy enough to actually be fun, so they sit this middle ground of just being dull.
ymmv but Toppo sitting in a dimly-lit bar, dressed to the nines and having a hard-boiled convo with the general while his goofy-rear end giant arms are flopping around was p. funny

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They should have gone full American cape and have Toppo and gang valiantly try to maintain secret identities in public.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

They should have gone full American cape and have Toppo and gang valiantly try to maintain secret identities in public.

Pride Troopers gave off more of a Green Lantern Corps vibe to me than a Justice League.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Dude lived through getting knocked into a goddamn mountain by Perfect Cell. By DBZ standards, Hercule is a wimp, but in another universe, he'd be a goddamn superhero.

Yeah no kidding, Cell knocked him into the side of that mountain so hard it caused TeamFourStar to remove all of their videos :haw:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rangpur posted:

ymmv but Toppo sitting in a dimly-lit bar, dressed to the nines and having a hard-boiled convo with the general while his goofy-rear end giant arms are flopping around was p. funny

:agreed: I enjoyed well dressed Toppo having a hard-boiled convo in a bar with alien booze and appetizers, it was a nice touch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

sassassin posted:

If Buu turns fat again after his sleep I'm dropping this show.

Why? Fat Buu generally tends to tank blows better with his larger body.

I don't mind if he's fat or fit, so long as he pulls his weight.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why? Fat Buu generally tends to tank blows better with his larger body.

I don't mind if he's fat or fit, so long as he pulls his weight.

Fat protecting you from harm is a myth.

You don't get stronger by training, you get stronger by recovering from training ("zenkai boosts"), and sleep lowers levels of cortisol etc. that encourage fat storage.

Buu is going to wake up lean and healthy and ready to compete, while Gohan and Piccolo chasing "hard bodies" this close to competition is going to hurt their performance levels.

DB & DBZ taught kids good lessons about getting in shape and punching your enemies. In contrast Super is a mixed bag so far.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's still much better than most cartoons blatantly lying about friendship, love and self-belief somehow making you strong.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's why we got so many fatties today

we need more cartoons about GETTING STRONG and ULTRA FAST and building HUGE MUSCLES instead, like in DBZ

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Goku needs to go back in time and learn about ring out tournaments from his younger self, he used to have all kinds of crazy tricks.

Maybe use the dragon to wish for his tail back.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestonJew posted:

Goku needs to go back in time and learn about ring out tournaments from his younger self, he used to have all kinds of crazy tricks.

Maybe use the dragon to wish for his tail back.

This is the funniest thing about this arc about Goku going around and getting schooled. Goku has more tournament experience than most of these jokers put together bar possibly Krillin, he shouldn't need ring-out tournament advice from Majin loving Buu.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Kanos posted:

This is the funniest thing about this arc about Goku going around and getting schooled. Goku has more tournament experience than most of these jokers put together bar possibly Krillin, he shouldn't need ring-out tournament advice from Majin loving Buu.

To be fair none of the tournaments he was involved in ever involved suppressing fire.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I appreciate Champa's policy line of "gently caress it, more Saiyans!"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

i don't think goku ever won anything but prelims by ring out he always knocked dudes out.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I hope Toppo and Roshi square off and they're both like "I'm getting too old for this poo poo."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

i don't think goku ever won anything but prelims by ring out he always knocked dudes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kupIeR5-NCk

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jeez, I haven't watched Super yet

this is very very very badly animated

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Elfgames posted:

Yeah, but the lesson's he's been getting boil down to "pay attention to not getting knocked out of the arena, jackass", not how to attack people.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zzulu posted:

Jeez, I haven't watched Super yet

this is very very very badly animated

everything dragonball is badly animated

lets not have this dumb argument again

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Elfgames posted:

He won against Chi-Chi by knocking her out of the ring.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiM7kHcvF08

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Serge Painsbourg posted:

He won against Chi-Chi by knocking her out of the ring.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiM7kHcvF08

I think youll find that Goku can never escape the ring Chi-Chi gave him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Does 'Till death do us part' not feature in Japanese wedding ceremonies?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Buu using his strech tactfully makes me really hope that he and Piccolo combine their strechy powers to be both very powerful technical offense and a good saftey net for the team guarding against ring outs. Harlem Globetrotters this poo poo up Toei, they have the moves to be really good team players.

Also Goku's gonna be their biggest liability. He's gonna forget about the rules constantly throughout the early fights because all he still cares about is glory hogging good fights against strong dudes all for himself.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Crabtree posted:

Buu using his strech tactfully makes me really hope that he and Piccolo combine their strechy powers to be both very powerful technical offense and a good saftey net for the team guarding against ring outs. Harlem Globetrotters this poo poo up Toei, they have the moves to be really good team players.

Also Goku's gonna be their biggest liability. He's gonna forget about the rules constantly throughout the early fights because all he still cares about is glory hogging good fights against strong dudes all for himself.

To be honest, Goku being a giant fire magnet isn't a liability as long as he can avoid getting knocked out. If every super strong dude is trying to kick Goku's rear end that gives the rest of the squad plenty of time to wipe out the weaker opponents while their stronger buddies are trying to beat up Universal Supervillain Son Goku.

This is where Krillin and Piccolo could be super useful to the team because they're no match for monsters like Toppo or someone like how Jiren is being built up, but they're super smart and should be able to clown on the B-listers.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 9, 2017

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I seriously hope the fight comes down to team Namek as the last of U7 fending off what remains of the other Universes. Krillen, Gohan, and Vegeta for old time's sake.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Adder Moray posted:

I seriously hope the fight comes down to team Namek as the last of U7 fending off what remains of the other Universes. Krillen, Gohan, and Vegeta for old time's sake.

Ohhhh that'd be good.

Not gonna happen, but it'd be good.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Adder Moray posted:

Or more likely, trying to survive the big guys until Goku shows up to save the day. For old time's sake.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku seems genuinely excited about the rules and trying to win matches, it's not simply bloodlust (see his argument with a child over who won a practice round). Remember that he cared more about winning the tournament than "defeating" Piccolo in Dragonball.

Gohan's the liability because he's dumb as a brick and a bad fighter who has always relied on rage freakouts (and he usually gets murderous during those).

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'm glad that the Heroic Pride Troopers are going to triumph over the evil Son Goku and his villainous Tournament of Power where people fight and their universes are destroyed for his amusement. I am sure the glorious Pride Troopers will also then use the wish of the Super Dragonballs to return all of the universes back to life, as true warriors of Justice would do so.

I look forward to the adventures of the protagonist Toppo the Warrior of Freedom and his close friend Jiren The Grey.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Or more likely, trying to survive the big guys until Goku shows up to save the day. For old time's sake.

They'll skip the Goku Jiran fight and Goku will come afterwards to rescue them from whoever. Then they'll watch the replay on Godtube.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Buu will eat a single candy bar before the fight and gain all the weight back, because that'd make for a good joke.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I like that we've seen some pretty advanced technology in U6 and U11 now, with giant cities, inter-dimensional travel, etc, yet these universes still didn't make the cut. I wonder how wild the good ones are?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Batmasterson posted:

I like that we've seen some pretty advanced technology in U6 and U11 now, with giant cities, inter-dimensional travel, etc, yet these universes still didn't make the cut. I wonder how wild the good ones are?

Maybe they all follow a certain effective order, like all of life and the Otherworld itself running like a perfect machine. Creation flows effortlessly into destruction and vice versa, the heavenly bureaucracy is managed better than you could think and they give Xeno a good show on GodTube.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Batmasterson posted:

mortal level has nothing to do with technology. u6 still has a super assassin taking down mob bosses and u11 needs a sentai team to combat monsters of the week destroying random planets

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tonetta posted:

I respect Hercule as a character a lot more after this episode

why did you respect him less before and what about this episode changed that

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

mabels big day posted:

why did you respect him less before and what about this episode changed that

he's braggart and a fraud

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Cease to Hope posted:

he's braggart and a fraud

But he's a genuinely nice person. He's just insanely lucky and boisterous.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Satan has the biggest heart out of anyone in Dragon Ball, he is the true hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
dbs mr satan is a lot more likable because they get humor out of his haplessness and the impossibility of his position, rather than out of how clueless and outclassed he is

• Locked thread