Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Calaveron posted:

Switch good but it is still blowing my mind I can't play SNES or NES or N64 games on it yet

Give it some time, it's been out for a bit over a month lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Switch good but it is still blowing my mind I can't play SNES or NES or N64 games on it yet

Pretty soon you'll be able to play one game boy game and two super famicom games for $40 lol

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Here's what the Switch needs:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Music Theory posted:

Here's what the Switch needs:

:yeah:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
How do I play this Binding of Isaac game

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Guys, what do I do? I can easily go beat Ganon right now but don't want Zelda to be over :(. I am about to get level 4 barbarian gear, don't rly care to 100% the shrines or Korok seeds cuz Link already feels OP without that. I'm down to get the Hylian shield but other than that, I'm pretty much at the end. Do I just suck it up and kill the fucker? I guess Mario Kart is out in a couple short weeks...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bum the Sad posted:

Move with the left stick, shoot with the buttons

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I died what now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Bum the Sad posted:

I died what now.

Now stop. You lost the game.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

InFlames235 posted:

Guys, what do I do? I can easily go beat Ganon right now but don't want Zelda to be over :(. I am about to get level 4 barbarian gear, don't rly care to 100% the shrines or Korok seeds cuz Link already feels OP without that. I'm down to get the Hylian shield but other than that, I'm pretty much at the end. Do I just suck it up and kill the fucker? I guess Mario Kart is out in a couple short weeks...

Just go and kill all the strong enemies in the overworld (Lynels and etc), or do all the sidequests since those aren't shrine quests.

Or you could just do another run and do things differently? Different order, low health, or just go straight to Ganon.

Idk, saying "I don't want the game to be over but I don't want to do any of the things left in the game" is kinda limiting it on yourself.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bum the Sad posted:

At home or on the go with the Nintendo Switch!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Nolgthorn posted:

Now stop. You lost the game.

Hmm. Back to Zelda I guess.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bum the Sad posted:

I died what now.

Eat the cartridge

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Norns posted:

Eat the cartridge

Lick it first.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Third run on Has Been Heroes unlocked a tiger-man. His element seems to be fire, which is ugh. Fire feels like it slows me down because I either wait for the enemy I hit to stop burning, or I set myself on fire hitting a burning enemy. I've realized I really like a Lightning / Water combination because you get slowdowns from water magic and wet enemies seem to take more damage from lightning.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm so bad at puyo puyo but I can't wait for it to come out

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I want Puzzle Fighter

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does the Puyo Puyo game have modes where you can just play Tetris or just play Puyo Puyo? Or is it always the hybrid switching mode?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

parallelodad posted:

Does the Puyo Puyo game have modes where you can just play Tetris or just play Puyo Puyo? Or is it always the hybrid switching mode?

If you're in the demo, the left option is normal, the right option switches. When you select your character, you can choose which game you want to play.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why the hell wouldn't you still find all the shrines and just not redeem the spirit orbs if you don't want the hearts?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

parallelodad posted:

The title screen has quick play buttons for Tetris, Puyo, and Swap.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I'm not sure what the demo shows off, but specifically yes you can play straight Puyo Puyo or Tetris, and either one against the other in versus in any combination. In terms of other stuff there's the mode that swaps between a Puyo Puyo and a Tetris board at regular intervals (the best mode), combined Puyo Puyo and Tetris on the same board, versus mode with items, and a mode where the board is set up and you try to slam in combos as fast as possible.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

InFlames235 posted:

Don't fret. Beating him without exploring further afterwards is like going to yellowstone and skipping the park after just seeing old faithful. Keep exploring.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beating Ganon gives you a completion rate on the map so you can know just how much poo poo you're missing.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Beating Ganon gives you a completion rate on the map so you can know just how much poo poo you're missing.

i thought i had a shitload completed already, then went to beat the story. only had 30% map completion :shepface:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dieting Hippo posted:

i thought i had a shitload completed already, then went to beat the story. only had 30% map completion :shepface:

Yahaha! Your life is mine!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TerraGoetia posted:

Fire feels like it slows me down because I either wait for the enemy I hit to stop burning, or I set myself on fire hitting a burning enemy.

I was kinda worried about that at first but your characters regenerate HP over time (and the tiger specifically regenerates 10HP per swing) so as long as you still have some stamina and aren't up against a direct-damage boss, go nuts with it.

For maximum effect, set a guy at the end of one lane on fire, attack them to set yourself on fire, then have that character lane-swap to the most crowded lane: on the way back they'll set everyone they pass through on fire as well.

This also works with poison.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder how much of that completion rate is seeds.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yahaha! Your life is mine!

*drops rock back on head*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/dc9spot/status/851087836333854721

https://twitter.com/dc9spot/status/850909638824304640

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder how much of that completion rate is seeds.

72%. Yep.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Sometimes I am not sure what I enjoy more, playing the switch or just having/owning it. Anyone else?

I'm gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

bef posted:

I'm gay

Same

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
They had a decent amount of switches at Best Buy's today so supply looks like it's improving. Which is good cause all my friends think Mario kart on the switch looks really cool?

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I was kinda worried about that at first but your characters regenerate HP over time (and the tiger specifically regenerates 10HP per swing) so as long as you still have some stamina and aren't up against a direct-damage boss, go nuts with it.

For maximum effect, set a guy at the end of one lane on fire, attack them to set yourself on fire, then have that character lane-swap to the most crowded lane: on the way back they'll set everyone they pass through on fire as well.

This also works with poison.

Tiger dude also hits a lot harder than the Monk or the Bard which makes him pretty helpful.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I'm not sure what the demo shows off, but specifically yes you can play straight Puyo Puyo or Tetris, and either one against the other in versus in any combination. In terms of other stuff there's the mode that swaps between a Puyo Puyo and a Tetris board at regular intervals (the best mode), combined Puyo Puyo and Tetris on the same board, versus mode with items, and a mode where the board is set up and you try to slam in combos as fast as possible.

I have no idea how to play puyo puyo and I am very excited for this game

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
i bought metal slug on my nintendo switch and the slow down is pretty bad and annoying at times. Games fun tho

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Consummate Professional posted:

They had a decent amount of switches at Best Buy's today so supply looks like it's improving. Which is good cause all my friends think Mario kart on the switch looks really cool?

Same. Got one for my nephew's birthday in a few weeks.

And finally found a pro controller.

And I now own a Shovel Knight Amiibum.

:homebrew:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Calaveron posted:

or Gamecube, DS, GBA, Sega Genesis, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Crafty posted:

i bought metal slug on my nintendo switch and the slow down is pretty bad and annoying at times. Games fun tho
That's not slowdown. That's Metal Slug.

• Locked thread