Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

MedicineHut posted:

Cool thread speculating about the whereabouts of SQ42: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7610122/#Comment_7610122

It will never cease to amaze me the ability by shillizens to scrutinize and sweep CIG tidbits of "info" for the tiniest of details in order to rationalize what the gently caress is actually going on.

quote:

I'm not sure what the original sq42 delivery estimates were, but seeing all the systems that are incomplete leads me to think there's is/was a massive rework happening. Were damage states not part of sq42? AI pathing/animations? Female models? Personal weapons/items beyond what's been available for months? Environmental effects? and on and on. Perhaps they've raised TOO much money and the sq42 that was originally going to be released would draw too much criticism because the money raised far surpasses the final product?

I mean, as if CIG issued info was somehow reliable enough and could be actually used for that.

Star Citizen: Too Much Money To Finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Exinos posted:

Just lol forever if spectrum being poo poo is what starts breaking citizens.

The game is basically an unplayable crysis mod where cig "fixes" bugs by removing features or functionality but having a lovely discord in place of lovely forums is a space bridge to space far.

They're still screeching ALPHA about fuckin spectrum but people are saying "why would we switch then when the current forums are better and the new ones lovely and in alpha"

They almost get it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Derek just needs to tweet that CIG don't have enough money to keep the RSI forums running and they'll back down from closing them so fast.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/851134582061756417

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

New blog Uncle D?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

his nibs posted:

New blog Uncle D?

Nope. Not yet. I do have one waiting in the wings due to an "event" that I need to be public first, so I can include it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7611362/#Comment_7611362

quote:

Well, guess it's official:Star Citizen is ready for launch in it's current state, no need for further patches.

Was playing league of legends last night.Clicked my RSI bookmark on the other monitor, but didn't have enough time to click to the forums. So when I die in ARAM I look over at the pretty lights.

Spectrum. ALPHA.

And we are still getting forcefully moved. I can't...this is now Trump levels of bullshit.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
OK, which one of you did this? MoMa, was that you running a False Flag op? :grin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/64dasc/so_this_garbage_came_up_on_my_screen_sc_hacked/

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Not yet. I do have one waiting in the wings due to an "event" that I need to be public first, so I can include it.

This "event", would you say it was extinction level?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh for god sakes. He only has one monitor to do dev work on. If only CIG could afford two monitors for Tony, he'd double his productivity.

He had a second one until this savage warrior's aplha flexing

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

This "event", would you say it was extinction level?

The stars are aligning :ohdear:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

D_Smart posted:

OK, which one of you did this? MoMa, was that you running a False Flag op? :grin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/64dasc/so_this_garbage_came_up_on_my_screen_sc_hacked/

That's how I imagine an angry cat would write.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Let's pretend they get this procedural planets feature done (bear with me here please), would there be anything, anything at all for the players to do once they're waddling around on these rocks?

If I'm reading the thread correctly then numbers of players on a server will be very small. So what do you do exactly? Have CGI been said if they'll put monsters to zap on the planets?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

He left out the parts where one developer made Pupil to Planet in his free time against Croberts wishes. Then it was shown live, because it was the only thing they had working. Now they're desperately trying to make it playable with almost no idea of what the final game should be like.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
[–]Allymcbeal2 11 points an hour ago
There are "pro-downvoter" goons lurking in this Reddit, they've nothing to do with the community. Part of the reason why I can't wait for Spectrum to be completed.
Also, I wonder how pathetic their lives must be if they dedicate themselves exclusively on doing that, or to setup bots for that.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok so my take

They had a 3.0 close to ready ages ago , but since people kept throwing money at them , cribblers went and axed the whole thing

He wants to provide the best and newest to his backers , apologies for the delay but it is in the best interest of space fidelity.

Ps buy this new ship

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

MilesK posted:

He left out the parts where one developer made Pupil to Planet in his free time against Croberts wishes.

Lol.

Honestly, I've never got why they spazz out so much about 'has to be 100% seamless, no loading screens at all ever'. Who gives a poo poo? The loading screen is an excellent opportunity to take a piss or get a drink.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

BeigeJacket posted:

Lol.

Honestly, I've never got why they spazz out so much about 'has to be 100% seamless, no loading screens at all ever'. Who gives a poo poo? The loading screen is an excellent opportunity to take a piss or get a drink.

That's what I've always thought too. They latch on to the dumbest things.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/64cxob/blast_from_the_past_with_tony_z/

TouchdownTim55 is on it coincidentally. Dudes always got good upvoted content from the community.

I like how he's going through "old CIG stuff" for nostalgia, comes across old broken promises and calls it a "blast from the past".

"Hey guys, remember when they lied about this feature? Man, having that in the game would be great right about now :allears:"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Haha!

Chris Roberts, play with Spectrum????

Yeah, sure! Just like he plays Star Citizen constantly and knows how to actually play it. This is why he does developer streams where he shows off new components of gameplay and how the team is handling integrating them.

Oh wait, that doesn't happen either.

Uh... motion capture will save Spectrum. Just need more motion capture. And DLC ship sales for 100's of dollars.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

BeigeJacket posted:

Lol.

They released a planetside demo 2 years ago, with a second location and interactive loading screens 2 weeks away. Citizens loved it and were happy to poo poo on Elite and it's dumb procgen, they had a "Handcrafted Universe".

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

his nibs posted:

"Most Valuable Poster" :v:

#shitizensunited

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mangoose posted:

I like how he's going through "old CIG stuff" for nostalgia, comes across old broken promises and calls it a "blast from the past".

"Hey guys, remember when they lied about this feature? Man, having that in the game would be great right about now :allears:"

Touchdowntim55 sees the lines

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Does anyone have a link for that awesome rant from Branson?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

DapperDon posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/63wftj/cougars_of_reddit_what_are_some_of_the_most/dfy1ssh/

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

Superior Version:
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KGfPoSS6qvf_19n6b-S

Old Thread Link:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3610&perpage=40#post459370379

That guy was a transporter accident between a 90 year old computer illiterate grandma and a really unfunny comedy writer.

He couldn't understand sarcasm in text form so he would go apeshit on people for sarcastically posting about buying ships and take it completely seriously thinking we were hypocrites for making fun of the game while continuing to fund it.

Also he refused to get a proofreader despite his hundreds of blog posts being poo poo like "Batman, kicked rear end, and then went on a rampage: Who knows what he do next?!"

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 9, 2017

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

spectrum sounds like a broken miiverse for broken people. no wonder cig wants to shunt their users onto it

That, and it gets rid of that silly "public can see all the dirty laundry" nonsense.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thanks fam!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

thatguy posted:

I don't care what the joke was it upset me and I demand an apology from the entire thread.

Sorry you're upset, but I can suggest a much better forum for you to hang in....but only for another week )

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

BeigeJacket posted:

Lol.

There's no point for that when you're wearing adult diapers immersed in the 'verse

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
The reason they are all upset about the forums being shut down is because it is their last bastion of dreams in which theorycrafting and putting words in the mouth for CIG with near revolutionary amounts of brainwashing that this company did to them was accepted as concrete evidence of what the game will be. Now that this is being taken from them, the game itself might as well not exist

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

The reason they are all upset about the forums being shut down is because it is their last bastion of dreams in which theorycrafting and putting words in the mouth for CIG with near revolutionary amounts of brainwashing that this company did to them was accepted as concrete evidence of what the game will be. Now that this is being taken from them, the game itself might as well not exist

DING DING DING! THIS and only this is the real answer to the forums closing unrest. They can't take it to Reddit because they are well established fixtures in their forums and would be reduced to the New User/Low Karma pleb status as well as Reddits /Spectrums up/down vote structure would all but silence them and their dreams.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

[–]Allymcbeal2 11 points an hour ago
There are "pro-downvoter" goons lurking in this Reddit, they've nothing to do with the community. Part of the reason why I can't wait for Spectrum to be completed.
Also, I wonder how pathetic their lives must be if they dedicate themselves exclusively on doing that, or to setup bots for that.

eh, it didn't take that much time to go through the setup of the bot and i just let it run and do its thing in the background, and since the updates are automatic now it's so zero-effort i forget i have it running :shrug:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thoatse posted:

He had a second one until this savage warrior's aplha flexing

That screen felt grief.

Refresh my memory, was that at Games com, Citizencon, or the anniversary?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i'd need to check the archives to be 100%, but i think it was for the anniversary stream interstudio pvp tourney

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wmyl3e120

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lack of Gravitas posted:

eh, it didn't take that much time to go through the setup of the bot and i just let it run and do its thing in the background, and since the updates are automatic now it's so zero-effort i forget i have it running :shrug:

A couple hundred bucks in credit at a Chinese click farm goes a long way. After all /r/politics downvote brigades itself now, and where else am I going to spend it it on?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Lack of Gravitas posted:

little does reddit know I've got an upvote bot going too - configured to an idiot post detecting algorithm

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Don't forget guys and girls (if you not to weak, dumb, enflexible, illiterate, still stuck on the floor) to get all your up to the minute gaming news from http://www.pixelemonade.com/ ,best, most trust worthy site around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Kosumo posted:

Don't forget guys and girls (if you not to weak, dumb, enflexible, illiterate, still stuck on the floor) to get all your up to the minute gaming news from http://www.pixelemonade.com/ ,best, most trust worthy site around.

The totally real news site that was just finding its footing, only coincidentally posted a Star Citizen article as its only unique content, and is run by an internet marketer, hasn't updated in over 2.5 months.

Surprise, surprise.