Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Christ how are you people so fast. I've been playing all day since it came out basically and I'm only in late August.

Please keep cool end-game stuff spoiler tagged for us slowpokes. :(

That said, I don't like how all the phantom thieves are making GBS threads on Akechi so hard. He is my friend and I want to talk to him on good terms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Deltasquid posted:

Christ how are you people so fast. I've been playing all day since it came out basically and I'm only in late August.

Don't feel too bad. I've been playing at every available moment since launch and I'm just starting July. drat work and responsibilities.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I used Naoto constantly in vanilla P4 and don't remember any trouble because of it :confused:

I'm in the second dungeon in P5, when do I get more party members? Give me all the anime.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Man, I really don't like how confidants are so heavily segregated into day and night availability. All the Links I wanna do are in the day only, and I've already finished all the good night time ones (except for loving sojiro but I've cut my losses at this point). I feel like im just pissing my evenings away playing with mishima since I can't find something better to do

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

They're both at rank 5 for me. I got the Ryuji option too but I figured that was the pity option if you didn't have any others avalible, like hanging with the guys in P4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was stuck with Ryuji as my only option for that so I don't know how it determines it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SettingSun posted:

Don't feel too bad. I've been playing at every available moment since launch and I'm just starting July. drat work and responsibilities.
Same

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Shinya has the worst loving voice oh my god. I

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

precision posted:

I used Naoto constantly in vanilla P4 and don't remember any trouble because of it :confused:

I'm in the second dungeon in P5, when do I get more party members? Give me all the anime.

The next few dungeons (including the second) will all give you party members, although one's just a navigator.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Zore posted:

Shinya has the worst loving voice oh my god. I

Look, if you don't appreciate Laharl aka Rita Ripulsa as your confident, I dunno what to tell ya

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The "We have too many dudes....." option when Yusuke asks to join the team killed me, jesus

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Moltrey posted:

The "We have too many dudes....." option when Yusuke asks to join the team killed me, jesus
"Would you prefer I dress as a girl then?"

Why couldn't I say yes tho

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Just entered Mementos for the first time, and I gotta say, My Neighbor Totoro was a good movie.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Igor, with your voice and your status in this fantasy consciousness dimension I do not believe you for one second when you say you don't know the unknown person who has entered the Metaverse

JT Jag posted:

"Would you prefer I dress as a girl then?"

Why couldn't I say yes tho
Game is bullshit

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

bennyfranks posted:

Goro is the worst and I dread the day he forces himself into my party.

Hello Phantom Theves suspects. Yes, I'm wearing black gloves with my suit...... ???... Why yes my loafers are Bruno Magli, how did you guess?....What about my Ex wife?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Deltasquid posted:

Please keep cool end-game stuff spoiler tagged for us slowpokes. :(

That said, I don't like how all the phantom thieves are making GBS threads on Akechi so hard. He is my friend and I want to talk to him on good terms!

I mean he shits on the thieves as well. I don't really blame them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm only at level 3 or 4 but Kawakami's S.Link is the funniest poo poo ever. I'm selling off potions and poo poo I really need to pay an unenthusiastic, weird hooker to come feed me cup o noodles and take a nap on my bed, it's just like real life.

Sadayo owns and I'm going to make her my forbidden love girlfriend

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

(Speculation for Persona 5 [I'm only in July] and spoilers for Persona 4)

Adachi : Akechi

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I ~ILLEGALLY~ looked up valentine's repercussions.

eek

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean he shits on the thieves as well. I don't really blame them.

He raises good points though, from the perspective of somebody who is out of the loop the Phantom Thieves are shady as gently caress.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just wanna progress the Priestess S Link, but now I need max charm. :negative:

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

ChaosArgate posted:

I just wanna progress the Priestess S Link, but now I need max charm. :negative:

Hope you like hanging out with naked old dudes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheLoser posted:

Hope you like hanging out with naked old dudes.

Tora isn't naked.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tora isn't naked.

I mean maybe to you?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been waiting for Mishima requests to finally go into Mementos past the tutorial, but I still only have the first one it gives as of 6/2. Do you have to do anything to unlock more or is it just a long wait?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

You are quite impressive being able to tell red from blue, Joker.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just beat Palace 5, posting some spoiler speculation so I can quote it for prosperity later:

Sae is the Black Mask.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The plot really kicks into high gear after the 5th palace. I'm glad things are finally coming together.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Finished Palace 4, That boss battle and Futaba are loving great. A UFO!

Also when MIBs are traumatising a child to cover up something (I assume) they did 'lovely adults' really seems like an understatement

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spoilers on why Sojiro is the greatest

Straight up says during a rank 10 romance to the girl "Oh, you're heading up to his room, right? Make sure he closes up when I leave."

Bro guardian

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I know absolutely nothing about the is game or SMT, but the creature design in this is loving great.
What does capturing personas actually do though? Like can you level them up and add them into your party, or are you stuck with using school kids for fighting and the personas are just temporary summons or something?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Short answer : They are Stands

Long answer your MC's abilities in combat are dependant on which one you have equipped. They're more like equipment than characters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brick Shipment posted:

I know absolutely nothing about the is game or SMT, but the creature design in this is loving great.
What does capturing personas actually do though? Like can you level them up and add them into your party, or are you stuck with using school kids for fighting and the personas are just temporary summons or something?

You can fuse different Personas together to create new ones. By hanging out with friends and increasing their Confidant ranks, you get experience bonuses from fusing new ones. This ain't Pokemon; you're supposed to use them only as long as they're relevant, and then sacrifice them for new power.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Brick Shipment posted:

All of the characters summon a persona in order to use skills, although everyone other than the player character has a single set persona. The player character however can switch him persona out for any of the other ones you currently have with you.

However in other SMT games, especially the main series, demons are basically just party members you can recruit and use, yeah.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Thanks!
Looks like SMT is something I might wanna check out then.

I just like making critters fight v:shobon:v

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Any tips for the boss of the second palace? I've been playing on merciless, and he is turning me inside out. Exp and money is really hard to come by on this difficulty, and my squad is only level 14, with Fox being 16. The mouth critmutilates people really easily, and the nose keeps doing that AoE wind attack which hits Ryuji's weakness.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love Pleasant Boy

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I know it doesn't play any plot relevance like in P4 (that i know of), but is there a way to see a weather forecast?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Capsaicin posted:

I know it doesn't play any plot relevance like in P4 (that i know of), but is there a way to see a weather forecast?

Doesn't seem to be, unfortunately.

Kind of annoying, really. I think there's a bunch of people on gamefaqs compiling a weather list, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Fourth palace has been blotchy for me. when you acquire Lights of Anubis and the shadows spawn they don't appear for me. But they drat well ambush me while invisible. Lost an hour of play to that, including the first miniboss with the freaking Rat gimmick. really frustrating.