Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Eyes of My Mother is like if you hired Bela Tarr to direct a horror movie but cut his average shot length in half and it's loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coffee And Pie posted:

My gf hated They Live because "it sucked" and the political satire was "hamfisted"

Someone vindicate me, it's good as hell right?

Coffee And Pie posted:

Lol so we broke up

Dude, I was joking

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Carter_PE/status/850747234362826756

Tag yourself / add your own.

I'm Twee Kings / Bridge over the Alpha Theta Kai

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Coffee And Pie posted:

We didn't actually break up over They Live, it was a general incompatibility.

But I like that story more tbh
Every time someone says a couple were incompatible, I just picture two sets of oddly shaped genitals mashing uselessly against eachother.

Never fitting together.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The Dirty D. Son?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Turner Classic is doing a marathon of Nation Film Board of Canada animated shorts for the night. If this is like watcing O Canada as a kid I'm gonna have so many nightmares

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Not as many nightmares as IFC's "Masterpieces of Russian Animation"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dangerous Person posted:

Turner Classic is doing a marathon of Nation Film Board of Canada animated shorts for the night. If this is like watcing O Canada as a kid I'm gonna have so many nightmares

it might actually be the exact same shorts. O Canada was mostly taken from NFBoC shorts.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Hey guys, Dickeye hasn't seen Big Trouble in Little China. Or Repo Man, but we already knew that one.

Fun fact about Big Trouble in Little China: the guy who made the ape monster thing was Screamin' Mad George, the guy who designed the special effects for the end of Society.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
WHAT THE gently caress DICKEYE

god drat man you watch 400 hours of lovely dudes in spandex doing bad Kung Fu but you ain't gunna watch 2 of the BEST MOVIES EVER MADE?!? I WANNA KICK YOUR rear end

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
It's even worse because both of those are actually made for him, what the hell dude.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
How I felt when Dickeye told me he's never seen Big Trouble in Little China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTSdlCvUOE

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Big Trouble in Little China is worth it just because it has Victor Wong and James Hong.

Movies with great character actors are always more fun to watch.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm willing to say Big Trouble in Little China is, pound-for-pound, the most fun movie ever made. Kurt Russell and James Hong chewing up the scenery, the writing, the goofy effects, the escalation, the choreography, everything about it is just super entertaining.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Did Dickeye ever see Return of the Living Dead either? It's like getting a gift your best friend picked out especially for you and never opening it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

TrixRabbi posted:

Did Dickeye ever see Return of the Living Dead either? It's like getting a gift your best friend picked out especially for you and never opening it.

He did watch it, after he learned there was a naked woman in it. Dickeye is, Literally The Worst.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I'm willing to say Big Trouble in Little China is, pound-for-pound, the most fun movie ever made. Kurt Russell and James Hong chewing up the scenery, the writing, the goofy effects, the escalation, the choreography, everything about it is just super entertaining.

I agree

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I'm trying to think of a counterpoint but all I can come up with is The Fifth Element, and I know that's not gonna cut it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Eyes of My Mother is like if you hired Bela Tarr to direct a horror movie but cut his average shot length in half and it's loving awesome.

I've been wanting to watch this for a while and see it was on Netflix so I'll try and watch it this week. I would have seen it at Sundance but the person I see movies with was really repulsed by it and there only so many horror movies I can veto into the schedule and I unfortunately used that for 31

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hey guys, Dickeye hasn't seen Big Trouble in Little China.
:wtc:

No, seriously, what the actual gently caress?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

:same:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dickeye has seen like ten movies so it makes sense that he hasn't seen those particular movies.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it might actually be the exact same shorts. O Canada was mostly taken from NFBoC shorts.

Yup, there's been a bunch of them. They're playing the one with the logdrivers right now

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I just saw I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore and what the hell, Gary Anthony Williams is tiny now.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Eyes of My Mother is like if you hired Bela Tarr

Hey, sold.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

We didn't actually break up over They Live, it was a general incompatibility.

But I like that story more tbh

:(

Yeah, I have an ex, who I had very good reasons for breaking up with, but I prefer to say I broke up with her because she wanted me to spoil BSG for her while we were watching it. She got mad that I wouldn't tell her who the Cylons were. During the miniseries.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"The Cylons are robots." is not enough of an explanation?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
If you were to do a double feature of Buckaroo Banzai and Big Trouble in Little China, which would go first?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If you were to do a double feature of Buckaroo Banzai and Big Trouble in Little China, which would go first?

You should just watch Big Trouble in Little China twice.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

TrixRabbi posted:

No!! Buckaroo Banzai has merit!!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would say Buckaroo Banzai first but then you don't get to end on that closing credit sequence

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Yeah, those credits are super important.

Speaking of double features, I did Repo Man/Tank Girl the other day and that one's real good.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

TrixRabbi posted:

I cannot believe you would tell somebody not to watch Peter Weller and John Lithgow hamming it up to eleven.

What madness

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

LEGO Genetics posted:

I cannot believe you would tell somebody not to watch Peter Weller and John Lithgow hamming it up to eleven.

What madness

worth noting Jeff Goldblum and Christopher Lloyd are also in it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

"The Cylons are robots." is not enough of an explanation?

I mean which characters were cylons.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"Dancing" in older stories was always a stand-in for quality of loving.

Yeah but like

For he goes birling down a-down the white water
That's where the log driver learns to step lightly
It's birling down, a-down white water
A log driver's waltz pleases girls completely.

That's some grade A innuendo

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i'm pretty mad about the eighth fast and furious film being called 'f8 of the furious'

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Antifa isn't an organization who can do any kind of official anything you class traitor

U KNOW WHAT I MEANT U gently caress

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ungulateman posted:

i'm pretty mad about the eighth fast and furious film being called 'f8 of the furious'

Actually it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

TrixRabbi posted:

• Locked thread