Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

hot take: The UK is Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

England: bad

Scotland: good

N. Ireland: bad

Wales: lol

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

The Brown Menace posted:

Scotland: bad

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
what about gibraltar

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

u brexit ukip it posted:

what about gibraltar

gibraltar: bad

anguilla: bad

british antarctic territory: bad

brtish indian ocean territory: bad

british virgin islands: bad

cayman islands: bad

falkland islands: bad

montserrat: bad

pitcairn islands: bad

saint helena, ascension and tristan da cunha: bad

south georgia and south sandwich islands: bad

turks and caicos islands: bad

sovereign base areas of akrotiri and dhekelia: bad

bermuda: good; has a cool triangle

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

The Brown Menace posted:

Scotland: good

scotland won't be good till they get their referendum right

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
funfact : The eu has a land border with brazil

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the labour party is full of blairite cucks

The only good party in those islands is the Sinn Feinn and whoever is still a Maoist in Britain

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm leaving Spain today but yesterday night I saw a cool tv special arguing that an independent Catalonia would outlaw religious education which would destroy Catalan culture which is based on the Roman Apostolic Catholic Church.

E: Spain/Catalan goons how would the independence gently caress up Spain because Catalonia seems to be a huge loving money maker to the country.

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 09:52 on Apr 1, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Plutonis posted:

I'm leaving Spain today but yesterday night I saw a cool tv special arguing that an independent Catalonia would outlaw religious education which would destroy Catalan culture which is based on the Roman Apostolic Catholic Church.

E: Spain/Catalan goons how would the independence gently caress up Spain because Catalonia seems to be a huge loving money maker to the country.
Catalan independence would result in a funding gap, and could push the central government into arguing for a new structure for how tax revenue is distributed. As one of the prime beneficiaries of the current tax structure is the Basque Country, renewed separatist action from ETA would inevitably follow, and Greater Castile would decent into reactionary politics as a result. Such a state would of course be unable to deal with the challenges of climate change, both African refugees and the projected major decrease in agricultural productivity in Iberia, and disintegration into warring factions akin to what you see in Libya or Syria is a distinct possibility.

In conclusion; if Catalonia goes independent, Spain will become a hotbed of Catholic terrorists and thus it must be opposed at all cost.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

In conclusion; if Catalonia goes independent, Spain will become a hotbed of Catholic terrorists and thus it must be opposed at all cost.

sounds cool, let's get terrorists for all the major faiths imo

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Next up is violent Buddhist terrorism; forcing your rebirth so you work through your disgusting karmic debt faster.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Namarrgon posted:

Next up is violent Buddhist terrorism
That's already a thing in Burma.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if catalonia goes independent, what happens to El Clasico

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Nothing el classico is bigger than petty nation states.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Netherlands formation update: Afraid formations of a 4 party coalition might not take long enough the parties have decided they will only negotiate 4 days a week and they will take a week off.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol welcome to another Belgium

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

NihilismNow posted:

Netherlands formation update: Afraid formations of a 4 party coalition might not take long enough the parties have decided they will only negotiate 4 days a week and they will take a week off.

But Klaver needs his Papadag, it's his human right!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

oscarthewilde posted:

But Klaver needs his Papadag, it's his human right!

Unironically true.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It'd be cool if the union dude who trolled all the other candidates un the debate won the race in France

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Plutonis posted:

It'd be cool if the union dude who trolled all the other candidates un the debate won the race in France

I will forever be saddened that NPAmentum keeps not happening while every PS defector's personality cult somehow manages to make near-presidential levels of the vote.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Plutonis posted:

smashing the state has never felt so good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao finland municipal elections ftw

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

somehow the black dude with the hitler mustache looks the least CHUD-like of all

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

somehow the black dude with the hitler mustache looks the least CHUD-like of all

his actual nickname is Black Hitler

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

black men are the only people still able to pull off the hitlerstache, and even then only if they are very cautious. michael jordan tried and failed

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Plutonis posted:

his actual nickname is Black Hitler

Isn't he for the immigrant-hating party

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Corek posted:

Isn't he for the immigrant-hating party
yep, he's in True Finns even though he immigrated there from Angola

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/852050954455318532

wat the heck is going on in France

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I'd be skeptical of this kind of rumor. Because of strategic voting there's a big incentive to spread confusion regarding someone in Hamon's position.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

People are trying to fully nail the last nail in the PS' coffin so that the runoffs are Melenchon - Le Pen rather than Empty Suit - Le Pen

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I believe in Poutoumentum

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fallen Hamprince posted:

black men are the only people still able to pull off the hitlerstache, and even then only if they are very cautious. michael jordan tried and failed

japanese comedians as well

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sir Ian McKellen has really let himself go

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I find it unfathomable that a major party's candidate would drop out of the race.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

A bunch of PS'ers already bailed on Hamon for Macron already, right?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Yeah the neoliberal 5th column in the PS has declared for Macron.

I say that but my only basis for it is IIRC Valls endorsing Macron a week or two ago. I'm sure there's neoliberals in the PS that have the bare minimum of principles required to back their own party's candidate in an election.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the race was a 3-way contest between LePen, Fillon and Macron as a consequence of hollande's incompetence making PS less popular than cholera. before macron got momentum the most likely second round was between a thatcherite and a fascist. but fillon's campaign imploded due to penelopegate and melanchon has been rocketing up the polls at hamon's expense so there's sort of a three-tier race: macron neck-and-neck with lepen, fillon and melanchon tied for second, and hamon at the bottom, sinking towards the towards the no-names like the two (!) trotskyists. fillon seems to have hit a floor of a little under 19% and as of a week ago melanchon plateaued just behind him, if the latter can continue/resume hoovering up hamon voters he has a shot of getting into the second round. polling predicts that whoever gets into the second round with lepen beats her. melanchon's candidacy is interesting in that he's the only candidate other than lepen who appeals to the anti-euro vote; he's threatened a 'plan b' (frexit) if the euro treaties aren't "democratically re-founded", which is a perfect piece of populist rhetoric in that it sounds vaguely radical but doesnt actually commit to anything whatsoever, so voters can project whatever eu reform or dissolution they want onto it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fallen Hamprince posted:

melanchon's candidacy is interesting in that he's the only candidate other than lepen who appeals to the anti-euro vote; he's threatened a 'plan b' (frexit) if the euro treaties aren't "democratically re-founded", which is a perfect piece of populist rhetoric in that it sounds vaguely radical but doesnt actually commit to anything whatsoever, so voters can project whatever eu reform or dissolution they want onto it.

I always love stuff like this, because Euroskeptics always point to how undemocratic the EU is, but if you actually try and make it more democratic you by necessity have to reduce the sovereignty of individual countries to allow it. It's the most hollow demand because no eurosceptic will ever actually go through with democratizing the EU without getting strung up by their supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

if you actually try and make it more democratic you by necessity have to reduce the sovereignty of individual countries to allow it.
You have to?

• Locked thread